Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. (18731 Views)

Should My Friend Stop Dating This Girl / I Need A Poor Igbo Lady Base In Europe For A Serious Relationship/marriage / Why Dat All Ladies Talking About Money In Relationahip,what About Those Dat Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2009
For those of you who still have reservations about this topic. You should check out the story of Donald Trump and Ivana Trump, Paul Mcarthney and Heather Mills, Russel Simmons and Kimora Lee, Anna Nicole Smith and and Michael Jordan whose Divorce cost him $168million dollars.

Bottomline: DONT MARRY A POOR GIRL WITHOUT A PRE-NUP

check out this thread dealing with pre-nups, it's fascinating.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-13568.128.html

People say money has nothing to do with love but it has everything to do with "love gone wrong", check out the figures.

http://www.medindia.net/news/Macca-Mills-Divorce-Settlement-Among-the-Top-10-Celebrity-Divorces-34320-1.htm

The top 10 celebrity settlements are:

1. Michael and Jaunita Jordan, 2007: 84 million pounds

2. Neil Diamond and Marcia Murphey, 1994: 75 million pounds

3. Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving, 1989: 50 million pounds

4. Harrison Ford and Melissa Matheson, 2004: 42 million pounds

5. Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva, 1994: 40 million pounds

6. James Cameron and Linda Hamilton, 1999: 25 million pounds

7. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, 2008: 23.4 million pounds

8. Michael and Diandra Douglas, 1998: 22.5 million pounds

9. Ted Danson and Casey Coates, 1993: 15 million pounds

10. Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall, 1999: 12.5 million pounds.

I loved this part of the thread;

Famous Last Words:

On the Engagement of Sir Paul Mac Cartney and Heather Mills:

Reporter to Sir Paul:"Hey Paul will you have a Pre Nup?"

Sir Paul: "Don't be silly, we're far too much in love for that"

Now this was before he was hit by reality and millions of pounds in divorce settlement now he's learnt the lesson i've been trying to teach. Love My FOOT.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by JJYOU: 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2009
it is so easy for people with only salary advance to their names to kick against pre nups
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by biina: 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2009
Pre nup is fine as far as I am concerned, and would be less needed if divorce laws weren't biased against the spouse with the higher income.

Unless there are kids involved in the relationship, everyone should leave with what they have, and joint possessions should be split according to income contributions. I don't see the point of women claiming alimony in this situation, and on the other hand making arguments for free opportunity for both sexes in the work place. quota system and federalism

When kids are involved, the parent who loses custody should contribute to the upkeep of the kids and should be granted periodic access accordingly (except in cases of criminal behavior). Its unfair to collect someone's money, and deny him/her access to their kids.

If I am married in a society with bias divorce laws, you can bet your life I will be signing a pre nup or making similar arrangements.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by worktalk: 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2009
I am with tope2000 na real thunder fire your laptop, see me see trouble, you way dey talk as bet you have a stash of money saved in your basement to last you an entire lifetime!!!What rubbish? I can just imagine your type of person, *hiss* what a snob tagging people as poor. undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by sj1: 2:42am On Mar 01, 2009
On the contrary, I struggle on a daily basis. Finances is a major and quite ligitimate concern of mine right now. You think better of me because I have dreams and aspirations, I have goals yes, but, ten dollars of gas in the car a week does not get me far. I think however that I have more reasonable goals, if any, you so said. I still dream of a happily ever after.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 5:31am On Mar 01, 2009
@ s.j

u dont wanna debate me, bcuz i already know i won grin grin grin grin but hats to u my lady, u sound intelligent and focus unlike many[size=3pt]**i no go name names**[/size]

@ d-ROC

the way naija girls are becoming it will be highly risk to marry one without a pre-nup, no matter the guy's present condition, if he works hard and smart, keeping focus, he will make it, even the bible says that to every labor there is profit, just add God to the mix. so if a guy is not sure of that girl, for pete's sake get pre-nup, no form mugu, keep wealth for ur kids and urself, let the woman keep her own earnings for her self, church close!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2009
work talk:

I am with tope2000 na real thunder fire your laptop, see me see trouble, you way dey talk as bet you have a stash of money saved in your basement to last you an entire lifetime!!!What rubbish? I can just imagine your type of person, *hiss* what a snob tagging people as poor. undecided[color=#990000][/color]

where is all this ignorance coming from?

You seem to lack a fundamental understanding of this topic. Perhaps you should have an adult read it out for you.

Girls have always branded guys without spending power as "poor" and society accepts this, now I'm simply saying that a girl who can't pay her bills should not expect anyone else to pay her bills. Get a job!

The 60's and 70's are over. Women are allowed to go to school and work now. If you step up to the plate and take responsibility for your own life instead of waiting for a "rich guy" to come along, then maybe you'll earn my respect and that of my peers.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 10:28am On Mar 01, 2009
d-ROC:

where is all this ignorance coming from?

You seem to lack a fundamental understanding of this topic. Perhaps you should have an adult read it out for you.

Girls have always branded guys without spending power as "poor" and society accepts this, now I'm simply saying that a girl who can't pay her bills should not expect anyone else to pay her bills. Get a job!

The 60's and 70's are over. Women are allowed to go to school and work now. If you step up to the plate and take responsibility for your own life instead of waiting for a "rich guy" to come along, then maybe you'll earn my respect and that of my peers.

And as I said on the first page or so of this thread, you suck!
If you approach these girls from a monetary angle, they will respond to you likewise. Its common sense. Also, depends on the crowd you roll with.

Right now, there's not one friend I have that I can imagine "taxing" a guy for money or other things. Its unimaginable!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dantolee(m): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2009
regardless of what anyone says, she rich or not, it always gonna be like this picture says,

Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2009
spikedcylinder:

And as I said on the first page or so of this thread, you suck!
If you approach these girls from a monetary angle, they will respond to you likewise. Its common sense. Also, depends on the crowd you roll with.

Right now, there's not one friend I have that I can imagine "taxing" a guy for money or other things. Its unimaginable!

When I posted this topic I knew that Poor girls and Gold-Diggers won't be happy.

@ Spikedcyliner

P.S. You suck (, and I mean it in a nice way)
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by MrCrackles(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2009
d-ROC:

When I posted this topic I knew that Poor girls and Gold-Diggers won't be happy.

lmfao
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Czarskit(m): 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2009
There's beef in d air! cool Can I av sum? undecided
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 9:15am On Mar 02, 2009
d-ROC:

@ Spikedcyliner

P.S. You suck (, and I mean it in a nice way)

LOL @ spiked - c - liner ! Poor girl huh? grin grin grin cheesy

I don't know why I'm grinning so much but I take that as a compliment.

P.S I'm indifferent to class or status. . . . . who's poor now? wink tongue
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by lancevader(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2009
spyke no mind dam jare
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL @ spiked - c - liner ! Poor girl huh? grin grin grin cheesy

I don't know why I'm grinning so much but I take that as a compliment.

P.S I'm indifferent to class or status. . . . . who's poor now? wink tongue

Now you finally admit that I make you smile. Still Got it.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 4:39pm On Mar 02, 2009
d-ROC:

Now you finally admit that I make you smile. Still Got it.

Any smile will do for you? You need to work on your esteem. Dude. smiley
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2009
I disagree with the following.

I love to see women suffer and in pains. It turns me on big tyme!

Wait a minute! Isn't your mom a woman. I'm not with you on that one. I love women.

Christians are fools, Pastors are idiots, Bible lovers are daft & dense!

I bind you in the name of JESUS!

Bleep-You:

How can you even think of marrying a poverty stricken tart who was born to suffer and will die suffering? What do you gain from mingling with these village inbreds who would do anything to suck out a man dry to feed their grumpy and malnourished parents back home? Is it my fault that her parents are illiterates and poverty ridden?

Why cant they marry their own kind instead of chasing well to do men to sustain their over bloated poverty stricken lifestyle? And once you introduce them to the good life, they begin to think they are queens and made for the city and can mingle with the high and mighty, forgetting that they were born as slum dogs and should return back to the dustbin where they were brought from.

Stupid irritants. No wonder in the olden days, they used to kill poor people and make them eternal slaves of the educated and well to do society. I dont know why that system has stopped. The more we make them realise that they are good for nothing scums and slum dogs fit for only the garbage, the more they will understand that they arent even men's equals in any way but brain dead poverty stricken shit heads fit enough to dine with rats in a garbage dumps and allow the rich girls marry their kind, so that the social status will remain!

Being from a poor family doesn't make anyone scum. That's not what we're saying.

Dude, you sure know how to shoot-em up don't you?
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Any smile will do for you? You need to work on your esteem. Dude. smiley

Wrong diagnosis! d-RoC won't toot his horn, cos he's too fly to be seen joining issues with the likes of you.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2009
d-ROC:

Wrong diagnosis! d-RoC won't toot his horn, cos he's too fly to be seen joining issues with the likes of you.

But yet you are. Again, check your esteem. Tut tut. wink
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

But yet you are. Again, check your esteem. Tut tut. wink

Yada yada yada, don't you ever stop talking?
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Gabry(f): 1:39am On Mar 03, 2009
people. . . U guys are too much. Look, seems to me you all are not satisfied with anything. Give you a poor bugger and you go bla bla bla and give you a rich bugger and you all go bla bla bla. . .

To settle this problem once and for all, If you guys arent satisfied with either one of of this group of people, just go ahead and date an animal. A possum would be lovely cause I go hear its small, light and gentle grin

I hope i have settled your problem.

Marishka Hargitay grin
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tbaba83(m): 5:18am On Mar 03, 2009
@ poster, u are a real joker. Who no like better thing. Are u telling me if Iyabo Obasnjo was intrested in u, u wont give in. Nigger plz. let dem babes be.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 6:47am On Mar 03, 2009
d-ROC:

Yada yada yada, don't you ever stop talking?

No. Do you?
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 7:39am On Mar 03, 2009
here we go again. Work and stop browsing ,your boss will catch you o.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Mimi91(f): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2009
I'm impressd! At wat u cld come up wit. If dats ur bst,den u tried. Sure,dere's a lot of shit bt u've got an element of truth. I admit dt dere r gurls all abt diggin deir claws in a rich guys' pocket bt u conveniently 4got dat guys arent different. I'm highly dissappointd dt u'd group all girls 4rm poor homes 2geda & generalise. It goes 2 show dat jst because u met 1 who was a gold digger,u decided dat all r d same. If i decided dat cos i met a guy who was cocky,selfabsobed,male chauvinistic pig,pompous,egotistical piece of shit,& i decide 2 completely shut guys out cos of him,how'd u think i'd find d 1 who'd complete me. Wat if ur beta half is 4rm a poor home,u'd let d luv of ur life walk away? Use ur brain boy. Hmmft, If d whole world turnd like u,i dnt evn want 2 think abt how it'll be. Ciao
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:06am On Mar 03, 2009
Some folks(mostly the females) got me all wrong. I neither generalized nor said all poor girls were gold-diggers.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2009
d-ROC:

here we go again. Work and stop browsing ,your boss will catch you o.

Each time you point a finger at me, four points back at you. Are you working or browsing? tongue
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by whitelexi(m): 8:40am On Mar 03, 2009
I've been following this thread very keenly and i can identify with d-roc here. If poor men are labelled poor cos they can't afford a good living, then any girl who cannot do likewise can be labelled poor too. Girls just like to eat their cakes and still have em. If u're labelled poor, doesnt mean u'll stay that way, its just to prop u up and have u get up and doing.
I hear girls describing men with even worse language like church-rat and stuff like that, yet its a crime to call a girl such names? C'mon, we live in a world of equal rights which, up until now, was favouring women grin Well, this is part of it too. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tkb417(m): 8:42am On Mar 03, 2009
I've been following this thread very keenly and i can identify with d-roc here. If poor men are labelled poor cos they can't afford a good living, then any girl who cannot do likewise can be labelled poor too. Girls just like to eat their cakes and still have em. If u're labelled poor, doesnt mean u'll stay that way, its just to prop u up and have u get up and doing.
I hear girls describing men with even worse language like church-rat and stuff like that, yet its a crime to call a girl such names? C'mon, we live in a world of equal rights which, up until now, was favouring women Well, this is part of it too.
correct!!
some gurls are church rats and they wanna ride in d best cars
God forbid bad thing!!! i cant carry church rats too in my car grin
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by spikedcylinder: 8:51am On Mar 03, 2009
Two of you should shut up. Church rats. tongue
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Two of you should shut up. Church rats. tongue

Let the truth burn ur ears and eyes. Ori e church rat!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

I Think I really Like Therealmrstan / Adultfriendfinder Registration / ~happy Birthday Idowuogbo~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.