Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. (18675 Views)

Should My Friend Stop Dating This Girl / I Need A Poor Igbo Lady Base In Europe For A Serious Relationship/marriage / Why Dat All Ladies Talking About Money In Relationahip,what About Those Dat Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Mimkwase: 12:29am On Feb 15, 2009
is it just me, or does this just sound like broke naija guys being insecure because their broke themselves.
I'm an old fashioned kind of girl so I believe the mans priciple respsonsibilty is to provide for their families
above everything else. Most women who are disadvantaged just want a man who is doing a little bit better
than themselves and whats wrong with that? A man should always be doing better than his women so he can fulfil
his role as the main provider of the home. In my experience most men who get defensive about this issue are men
who are just broke broke broke.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by ajiriavae(f): 1:34am On Feb 15, 2009
Mim-kwase:

is it just me, or does this just sound like broke naija guys being insecure because their broke themselves.
I'm an old fashioned kind of girl so I believe the mans priciple respsonsibilty is to provide for their families
above everything else. Most women who are disadvantaged just want a man who is doing a little bit better
than themselves and whats wrong with that? A man should always be doing better than his women so he can fulfil
his role as the main provider of the home. In my experience most men who get defensive about this issue are men
who are just broke broke broke.
that's exactly what a group of my long time, guy friends said to me last night when i brought up this topic. they believe it's only an immature or irresponsible man that has a problem with providing for his woman (their words, not mine- so nobody should start wilding out on me, ok)
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 1:39am On Feb 15, 2009
ajiri avae:

that's exactly what a group of my long time, guy friends said to me last night when i brought up this topic. they believe it's only an immature or irresponsible man that has a problem with providing for his woman (their words, not mine- so nobody should start wilding out on me, ok)

wow, i guess it is only an irresponsible woman that will shout that she is independent and strong yet dont bring anything to the table, turning their relationship to welfare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tpia: 1:40am On Feb 15, 2009
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by ajiriavae(f): 1:54am On Feb 15, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

i think by now im tired on this issue here,like timmfikk said here,you guyz need free of heard.note the poor girls are the best ever;they can easily understand than the rich ones.,most ladies or girl from a rich familly dont have respect for a man because they are still blindfolded with their riches,and this is why today we see many unmarried matured ladies searching for husband but they are too selective! .

if for instance a poor man came for a rich lady,demanding her hands in marriage she dont mind giving the man a dirty slap because of priority on her.,even some men find it so difficult to approach a rich lady,seeing her driving on 306,her mode of dressing and the way she walks.,these can easily make the interested man to run away from her,since they may be thinking they have already get married to someone else.

The poor girlz are very easy to approach and it wont take you long time to understand each other.Yes!!,i know women loves money. . . thats normal thing cool .the women are not like men and they really deserve satisfaction and get what they needed.

in conclusion to this,most rich ladies or girl cant cook very well,they just mess_up your money with having knowledge of seriousness!,they ''Funks_up'' the whole kitchen with the odour of burning meal on the gaz cooker,they are seems like a strange_patner!.
Believe me the rich lady or girl may disappoint you by following another man,going from one hotel room to another.

OshiezÖ_gizo

sweetheart, i'm sure i speak for most women here when i say that any man who is uncomfortable with the fact that a woman is doing it for herself and needs to be dating a broke ass woman to feel good about himself can walk the other way. men who shy away from women because they are successful have issues they need to deal with.
i'm still on the side of poor girls but not on the side of guys who date them because of their low self esteem.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by scoped: 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2009
I think most people here are missing the point. Its not about dating gals that are not so well than you but about gold diggers. There is nothing wrong with dating a gal doing it for herself or a gal that has to look up to you, the issue is about gals that are gold diggers and mind you gals, there are many of them out there am sure some even on this forum. Why should I be made to carry a gals family burden? Is she like a cash cow for her family? Many of these gals really do date 5, 6 or more guys realistically (, yes i know some of them, ) so what are we saying.

I agree, date someone in your class its better then u can both understand each other but guys stop being cash cows, stop dating beneath you cos it makes you feel secure, break the mould.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2009
thank u my broda, hopefully they understand now

scoped:

I think most people here are missing the point. Its not about dating gals that are not so well than you but about gold diggers. There is nothing wrong with dating a gal doing it for herself or a gal that has to look up to you, the issue is about gals that are gold diggers and mind you gals, there are many of them out there am sure some even on this forum. Why should I be made to carry a gals family burden? Is she like a cash cow for her family? Many of these gals really do date 5, 6 or more guys realistically (, yes i know some of them, ) so what are we saying.

I agree, date someone in your class its better then u can both understand each other but guys stop being cash cows, stop dating beneath you cos it makes you feel secure, break the mould.

Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by thornyrose: 1:24am On Feb 16, 2009
sometimes a girl has more to offer than $$.

she can be a really good home-maker, good to her man, affectionate, intelligent, savvy, and loyal. Sometimes women with status are so busy working they don't have time to give all they can to the marriage.

Not that a woman who's accomplished / has status can't make a good wife, I just think a woman without $/status shouldn't be overlooked because you could be overlooking your soul mate. Just my take.  wink
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 7:50am On Feb 16, 2009
ajiri avae:

sweetheart, i'm sure i speak for most women here when i say that any man who is uncomfortable with the fact that a woman is doing it for herself and needs to be dating a broke ass woman to feel good about himself can walk the other way. men who shy away from women because they are successful have issues they need to deal with.
i'm still on the side of poor girls but not on the side of guys who date them because of their low self esteem.

this so so true, from a pshycological point of view. grin
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:15am On Feb 16, 2009
d-ROC's Valentine Diary.

Driving through the streets of Lagos on valentine's day I couldn't help but notice one thing, RED, RED, RED!

I noticed that most of the girls wearing red were either walking the streets or hanging out at the entrance of popular joints in groups with no male companions in sight. I had to ask, " did these girls have vals or were they trying to catch a mugu on vals day?", .Their counterparts in rides were hardly flashing red all over lagos (Poor girls like to flash a lot).

The most amazing thing I saw on val's day was a half-naked girl entering alade market on allen avenue with a red top and white hot pants(I thought I was in Brazil) ,jaws were dropping to the floor,It was scandalous! Now tell me what a girl like this is trying to do? Your guess is as good as mine.

This is a trademark of poor girls who are desperately looking for some guy to leech on for vals day. Red Just screams I'm available! Well, I never said any girl wearing red is poor but the poor girls have hijacked the whole red and Pink (val's colors) in order to enhance their marketing strategies.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tpia: 8:29am On Feb 16, 2009
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:40am On Feb 16, 2009
tpia:

sweetie, are you having problems getting a girl?

Sorry to dissapoint you sweetie, but i've never had problems in that area my whole life. You've got it twisted, Im selling, not buying. I've got girls(plural). My name is d-ROC read the biography, duh!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tpia: 8:42am On Feb 16, 2009
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2009
tpia:

ya complaints are too much, thats all.

duh.

why e dey pain U na?

ahh you fall into the demographic I've been describing, poor girl.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Omolola1(f): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2009
hmmmmmmmn
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2009
Ori e O 4kasibe!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by onax: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2009
d-ROC you hav awhole lot of point,,,and to a very large extent i agree with you

grin grin grin
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2009
Freedom of Speech, we are all entitled , even if we abuse it.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by elowa: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2009
onax:

d-ROC you hav awhole lot of point,,,and to a very large extent i agree with you
I cant agree otherwise but, the point people are mixing up is the difference between poor girls and gold diggers. Some girls are rich but will still want to milk you dry, though this is most common among poor ones. Where most go as low as asking for recharge cards which to me, is annoying. It is definite a guy should pay the bills after marriage based on our culture but not before marriage. So, girls that go around looking for better to do guys to date just for the purpose of picking up bills should be avoided like leprosy. Though guys, you can decide to still lavish your girlfriends because you want to, not because she is demanding and milking you dry.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by jantavanta(m): 3:50am On Feb 17, 2009
The responsibility of a male shouldering all financial demands(including demands based on greed?) came about as a result of a socio-economy
where females are by default, economically disadvantaged. In the present socio-economy, females are allowed to engage in direct competition with men for education, employment and assets.

The issue of these "poor girls" should not be swept under the carpet. A large percentage of these girls have contempt for their male kind and expect to be treated better by targeted material messiahs. They are the ones who are easily trafficked into prostitution in Europe after being promised free Master's degrees and money that exists only in European kindergarten fairy tales!

They are the ones  who have abused the 'eating out' culture, but cool down when they are in their 30s after they realise the need for
self-dignity and self-respect.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 5:31am On Feb 17, 2009
jantavanta:

The responsibility of a male shouldering all financial demands(including demands based on greed?) came about as a result of a socio-economy
where females are by default, economically disadvantaged. In the present socio-economy, females are allowed to engage in direct competition with men for education, employment and assets.

The issue of these "poor girls" should not be swept under the carpet. A large percentage of these girls have contempt for their male kind and expect to be treated better by targeted material messiahs. They are the ones who are easily trafficked into prostitution in Europe after being promised free Master's degrees and money that exists only in European kindergarten fairy tales!

They are the ones  who have abused the 'eating out' culture, but cool down when they are in their 30s after they realise the need for

bros why u stop, i just dey enjoy ur piece, but i beg to disagree with the self-dignity at 30, they now wait till they are in their 40s b4 reality checks them
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by onax: 10:31am On Feb 17, 2009
jantavanta:

They are the ones who have abused the 'eating out' culture, but cool down when they are in their 30s after they realise the need for

So we should wait for them to get to thirty b4 they get sense and be content with waht they have.
Man,,, agree with D-roc oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just had night call with ma lady this morning(night call), and men the demands wey this girl don dey make ontop my head.

1. You are not romantic( Like 4months ago)
------------I started being romantic

2.You don't even send me recharge cards(on Vals day)
----I send am the momonet i land my house for festac,,,after excorting her to oshodi

3. Soon,, She fit start to dey say i am stingy(thats the common one they all say)
---I still dey school Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If nobe the love wey i get for am,,,, Na God no sey,,i no go just take al that crap.

Say D-roc;;;; with you there man
sad grin sad
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by belemzy: 10:57am On Feb 17, 2009
COME ON shocked TELL ME IF U FIND A PRETTY GIRL ,WELL BROUGHT UP BUT FROM A POOR BACKGROUND TELL ME CANT U DATE HER? SEE YOUR HEAD smiley
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by onax: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2009
if she is brought up well-----YES
its not really a question of poor or rich,,but rather of good or bad character
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by onax: 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2009
@ belemzy,

by the way my head is so fine
grin grin grin
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by CrazyMan(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2009
Funny thread. Thank God am not a boy girl
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by onax: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2009
aw, ain't you lucky,
good for you
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by coolgenius: 12:31am On Feb 18, 2009
Poor or rich, it doesn' t matter really.

I'm the type of person that looks beyond the wallet. Many people rank money over happiness and true satisfaction in relationships.
Many people with money are miserable.

I always said that I would prefer to marry a person with nothing and build an empire together with them, rather than marry a rich man who cared more for his money than for me.

Having this type of attitude made guys with money very attracted to me. Doctors, lawyers, businessmen were all ready to make me queen of their world just because I had this great outlook. Isn't that funny!!!

When you don't care sooo much about money in relationships, relationships with money will find you!!!

Take a lesson ladies!!!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by jantavanta(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2009
na2day?:

bros why u stop, i just dey enjoy ur piece, but i beg to disagree with the self-dignity at 30, they now wait till they are in their 40s b4 reality checks them

My, Brother thank you for the update. So they now wait till they are in their 40s! I now understand why a 30ish "poor girl" I met some time ago seemed
to have the mindset of a 20ish girl.

They have seem a superficial perception of wealth that keeps them running around in circles.

Many of them coming out of tertiary institutions are patronising smart guys who promise them scholarships to do master's degrees abroad.
These girls then go about their extended family members, collecting money to give these 'agents'. Of course, their family members are not
usually people who know what is actually obtainable in the quest for foreign education.
When the girl realizes that she has been duped, she finds it difficult going back to their relations to explain why they have not traveled abroad.

For those who are "lucky" to be shipped out of the country, they are currently doing prostitution in France and Italy, sending back fake stories that they are in universities, that citizens of those countries can only dream of attending. 

I hope I am not going off-topic. undecided
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 4:57am On Feb 19, 2009
jantavanta:

My, Brother thank you for the update. So they now wait till they are in their 40s! I now understand why a 30ish "poor girl" I met some time ago seemed
to have the mindset of a 20ish girl.

They have seem a superficial perception of wealth that keeps them running around in circles.

Many of them coming out of tertiary institutions are patronising smart guys who promise them scholarships to do master's degrees abroad.
These girls then go about their extended family members, collecting money to give these 'agents'. Of course, their family members are not
usually people who know what is actually obtainable in the quest for foreign education.
When the girl realizes that she has been duped, she finds it difficult going back to their relations to explain why they have not traveled abroad.

For those who are "lucky" to be shipped out of the country, they are currently doing prostitution in France and Italy, sending back fake stories that they are in universities, that citizens of those countries can only dream of attending. 

I hope I am not going off-topic. undecided

nah, u r well within the topic, pls carry on bro, some of them need to hear this truth wink wink wink wink
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 19, 2009
Okay, that means no more Ashawo as everyone demands/spends money to get hooked and laid. Even married women demand money to shag their hubbys. Change in roles, environment and etc!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Cotton(m): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2009
what is the definition of a poor girl?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Think I really Like Therealmrstan / ~happy Birthday Idowuogbo~ / Adultfriendfinder Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.