Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. (18800 Views)

Should My Friend Stop Dating This Girl / I Need A Poor Igbo Lady Base In Europe For A Serious Relationship/marriage / Why Dat All Ladies Talking About Money In Relationahip,what About Those Dat Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by samparian(m): 4:00pm On Feb 19, 2009
I agree with D roc.
i live abroad and my mum has been pestering me about getting married and since i didnt have a candidate of my own, my mum went into match making and got a "good girl" for me.
My brother, after much courtship on the phone and emails, we agreed to get married.
WAHALA START
1. she asked me to pay for a place for her in Abuja( she presently stays with a relation in Abuja)

2. She wanted to know my financial worth and everything i owned in naija

3. the bills for her "dream wedding" was mind boggling shocked shocked shocked

4. She called me stingy because i no gree fall mugu for all her plans
I called the whole thing off immediately. My mum was shocked at her behaviour
Imagine!!! the girl doesnt even own 10k and wants a million naira wedding and party embarassed
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2009
samparian:

)

I wonder why anytime I tell em where I work the next question Is how much do you earn, Must Ladies always ask this question ? Hungry Girls!
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Keebox: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2009
God bless you for dat correct yan. Why should they be looking for made-men while we are sweating out our lives trying to make ends meet for 'em? Trying to impress 'em while if you dial your phone number on their phone all you see is 'MUGU'
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Wallie(m): 3:31am On Feb 21, 2009
Although, I wouldn’t go as far as the OP but I can kind of relate.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dating a poor girl but keep an eye out to see if she’s money hungry. The same goes for a rich girl dating a rich guy. I also don’t equate being poor with laziness, there are poor (middle class) people that work very hard for the little they have.

Money hungry people always want to dine on your dime. There’s nothing more of a turn off than a girl that doesn’t even attempt to pay for anything. The truth is that I won’t let her pay even if she wants to just because. Although, there are times you have to look past her shortcomings, at least in the interim.

Money is just a material possession and you can lose it all through no fault of your own. But you have to screen your significant other to make sure they won’t be your downfall through greed.

Also, I think you need to be very cautious with kids from rich parents. They generally tend not to know the value of money and take everything for granted. I would be more worried about dating a girl from a rich family that has nothing going on for her personally.

I think the most likely people to make it in life are people from humble beginnings. Rich kids tend to squander or mismanage their parents’ money once the parents die. Also with most Nigerian pseudo-rich people, they tend to live beyond their means…and usually go broke before they die. Be careful what you ask for.

Also, guys share part of the blame…we like to floss too much. Nigerians are generally flashy but I guess that’s why we’re not oyinbos. I know I’m guilty…although level pass level.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tpia: 3:41am On Feb 21, 2009
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by chyk91(m): 4:06am On Feb 21, 2009
I agree wit d poster
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by cvibe: 5:14am On Feb 21, 2009
@ poster,

No difference to dating a rich girl that does not know the colour of money. i.e. spend, spend, spend.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by sexyLeamon(f): 8:16am On Feb 21, 2009
I disagree with the poster nonsense angry
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 8:18am On Feb 21, 2009
GBAM! i talk am, so no bi only me don see this kin thing with naija babes. bros ur example na perfect one, on this matter church don close, make i hear one girl mis yan again dem go know  angry angry angry angry angry

samparian:

I agree with D roc.
i live abroad and my mum has been pestering me about getting married and since i didnt have a candidate of my own, my mum went into match making and got a "good girl" for me.
My brother, after much courtship on the phone and emails, we agreed to get married.
WAHALA START
1. she asked me to pay for a place for her in Abuja( she presently stays with a relation in Abuja)

3. the bills for her "dream wedding" was mind boggling shocked shocked shocked

4. She called me stingy because i no gree fall mugu for all her plans
I called the whole thing off immediately. My mum was shocked at her behaviour
Imagine!!! the girl doesnt even own 10k and wants a million naira wedding and party embarassed
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 8:20am On Feb 21, 2009
sexyLeamon:

I disagree with the poster nonsense angry

ovularia, better keep quiet b4 i donate slaps for ur face, wetin bi nonsense inside this one? abi make hin no yan hin church mind again? angry angry angry
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by MsFlorida(f): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2009
Interesting read but rather childish.

A lot of men never want to take responsibility for the woman they pick and choose to boink. 

Why do men have to throw all women, rich or poor, under the bus because of their f'd up choices in women?

The funny thing is, poor girls will date men with money from here to eternity as long as they are BEAUTIFUL because men think with their d***s!! Then when things don't turn out in their favor they throw money, how much they did financially for a woman, and she's a gold digger in the mix. 

This is never going to end because its nature.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2009
Wallie:

Although, I wouldn’t go as far as the OP but I can kind of relate.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with dating a poor girl but keep an eye out to see if she’s money hungry. The same goes for a rich girl dating a rich guy. I also don’t equate being poor with laziness, there are poor (middle class) people that work very hard for the little they have.

Money hungry people always want to dine on your dime. There’s nothing more of a turn off than a girl that doesn’t even attempt to pay for anything. The truth is that I won’t let her pay even if she wants to just because. Although, there are times you have to look past her shortcomings, at least in the interim.

Money is just a material possession and you can lose it all through no fault of your own. But you have to screen your significant other to make sure they won’t be your downfall through greed.

Also, I think you need to be very cautious with kids from rich parents. They generally tend not to know the value of money and take everything for granted. I would be more worried about dating a girl from a rich family that has nothing going on for her personally.

I think the most likely people to make it in life are people from humble beginnings. Rich kids tend to squander or mismanage their parents’ money once the parents die. Also with most Nigerian pseudo-rich people, they tend to live beyond their means…and usually go broke before they die. Be careful what you ask for.

Also, guys share part of the blame…we like to floss too much. Nigerians are generally flashy but I guess that’s why we’re not oyinbos. I know I’m guilty…although level pass level.

You sound very enlightened, your lingo is solid and I totally agree with you. After reading this I consider myself "enlightened". Cheerio.

MsFlorida:

Interesting read but rather childish.

A lot of men never want to take responsibility for the woman they pick and choose to boink.

Why do men have to throw all women, rich or poor, under the bus because of their f'd up choices in women?

The funny thing is, poor girls will date men with money from here to eternity as long as they are BEAUTIFUL because men think with their d***s!! Then when things don't turn out in their favor they throw money, how much they did financially for a woman, and she's a gold digger in the mix.

This is never going to end because its nature.

, and what planet did you say you were from exactly?
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2009
d-ROC is back!

Am really feeling this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy945z_cfAU

Swizz Beatz - Money in the bank.

Showtime!
[Chorus:]
She ain't got no money in the bank
She be walking 'round actin' all stank
Now she at the party looking at me
Boys said she can't get saved by me
I'm lookin at her like (right)
I ain't tryna save that girl
She got the hand open like I pay that girl
[Verse 1:]
Now, whatch'all wanna do? (do)
Wanna be ballers, shot callers, brawlers
You be in the back bet she gon' call ya
Come on dawg she want this 'pala [?]
Cris' in the yard in the new finny bags
Anything is good cuz she's baddest as she had
She sitting at the bar and she's lookin' so sad
Something 'bout, uh-uh-uh I wanna ride in your jag
Uh uh uh, I wanna ride to your house
I said "easy chick, I fly to my house"
I, live so far think I look down south
Why don't you take it out my pants and put it in yo (echoes)
[Verse 2:]
I see ya, you got the good shoes on
Good dress on, I mean you got the best song
I'm sitting at the back drankin' Devil Liquor
The Roselito, you know how we do
In the Four Theme house you was fucking with my niggas
My homies say wassup you saying nothing to my niggas
Come on girlfriend why you fronting for my niggas
That dope and that paper is nothing for my niggas
Don't you know we got that money in the, (I repeat)
Don't you know we got that money in the bank
You ain't getting none from me or my bank
Better get you own, g-g-g-get you on face (face)
[Chorus]
[Verse 3:]
It's started like "soft and warm"
Don't get started, I'm invited to the new quiet storm
Now was at the end cause she told me she hate me
And then she said "openin up and leave me"
Plus she said all she want is love and affection
Let me be your angel, and I'll be your protection
Took her out bought her all kinds of things
But it wasn't enough, so this is the song I sing
Cause she broke
[Chorus]
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by jules123(m): 11:36pm On Feb 21, 2009
Boy!!! thumps up for u.  let the poor girls go Bleep themselves,   they are problem at the end of the day. Girls from from rich home could equally be poor too b'cos they buy the influence from their poor friends too, so let them be,  until they realise their values.  tongue cool grin cheesy embarassed
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by jules123(m): 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2009
[b]
Posted on: Today at 10:34:12 PM Posted by: d-ROC
Insert Quote
d-ROC is back!

Am really feeling this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy945z_cfAU

Swizz Beatz - Money in the bank.

Showtime!
She ain't got no money in the bank
She be walking 'round actin' all stank
Now she at the party looking at me
Boys said she can't get saved by me
I'm lookin at her like (right)
She got the hand open like I pay that girl
[Verse 1:]
Now, whatch'all wanna do? (do)
Wanna be ballers, shot callers, brawlers
You be in the back bet she gon' call ya
Come on dawg she want this 'pala [?]
Cris' in the yard in the new finny bags
Anything is good cuz she's baddest as she had
She sitting at the bar and she's lookin' so sad
Something 'bout, uh-uh-uh I wanna ride in your jag
Uh uh uh, I wanna ride to your house
I said "easy chick, I fly to my house"
I, live so far think I look down south
Why don't you take it out my pants and put it in yo (echoes)
[Verse 2:]
I see ya, you got the good shoes on
Good dress on, I mean you got the best song
I'm sitting at the back drankin' Devil Liquor
The Roselito, you know how we do
In the Four Theme house you was fucking with my niggas
My homies say wassup you saying nothing to my niggas
Come on girlfriend why you fronting for my niggas
That dope and that paper is nothing for my niggas
Don't you know we got that money in the,  (I repeat)
Don't you know we got that money in the bank
You ain't getting none from me or my bank
Better get you own, g-g-g-get you on face (face)
[Chorus]
[Verse 3:]
It's started like "soft and warm"
Don't get started, I'm invited to the new quiet storm
Now was at the end cause she told me she hate me
And then she said "openin up and leave me"
Plus she said all she want is love and affection
Let me be your angel, and I'll be your protection
Took her out bought her all kinds of things
But it wasn't enough, so this is the song I sing
Cause she broke
[Chorus]
[/b]

Boy!!! really love this song,  Thumps up for u. They are broke and demanding and notthing but bad news at the end. Guys save that dough  for something better if she does not reciprocate. tongue cool grin
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by MsFlorida(f): 12:59am On Feb 22, 2009
d-ROC:

, and what planet did you say you were from exactly?

Happily, not from a planet where non-sense like this exists.

Its very interesting to read that so many people think and feel that because a person is poor they have no value.

And its even sadder in my opinion for a man to think that just because a woman isn't bringing money to the table she has no value.

I just feel that some men think that they are all of that and a bag of chips and no woman is ever going to be good enough for them. Yeah, I believe they bring a little something to the table and they do a little something something for their girl but I bet they feel that the little they do is too much.  Why?  Because since she was poor she should be grateful a brother like them has shown interest in her. She should be okay with what he is offering as if she couldn't get another man. The nerve of her! From the sounds of it, it sounds like one poster's mother found him a 10 but he wanted her for free.  Like another poster said why get mad if she is asking for the very stuff you probably threw in her face to catch her attention in the first place (i.e. your education, job security, car, house, family background etc, ).  I think some men look for a reason to not marry a girl.  To another poster I'm sorry but 1 million naira for the wedding of a man to the baddest chick is not a lot of money, especially if you can afford it.

So all in all, these kind of topics tell me men still have everything about their self worth tied to their money.  Seems to me the poster must've had a girl he couldn't afford, or he felt she wasn't worth it, or she wasn't good enough for him, then he got pissed off because what he had to offer her wasn't enough even for a poor girls taste and now he wants to turn around and throw all poor girls under the bus as gold diggers.

A real man recognizes when a woman is not right for him, accepts it and lets her go.  He doesn't turn around and call her or women all kind of names because 1 woman wasn't for him.

I am in no way saying that gold diggers aren't out there but there are also a lot of men out there that want all the perks of having a woman in their life, even when she pratically behaves as wifey, while they give nothing including a commitment.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by tpia: 3:04am On Feb 22, 2009
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by segzicres(m): 6:04am On Feb 22, 2009
I have this girl i usually nail on just a call away, suddenly she changed, later she heard that i've started working and next thing she did was call.
D babe: hey crespo! how are you.
ME: i'm good and you?
D babe: you sound very tired?
ME: it's nothing just work.
D babe: heard you're working now? could you send me credit, mINE'S ABOUT TO RUN OUT.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by mellow(m): 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2009
What is wrong in the person trying to dance the tune in paying the piper? If you must eat of the nut then you must first and foremost crack the nut. You want to self-service but you don't want to spend. Why not honestly self-service yourself? Rich or poor girls musst be girls and boys will always complain without being able to let go.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by segzicres(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2009
who be this self-servicer called mellow! i sure say you be gay, with your cracking out and shit. GUY change your gender you DON'T deserve to be a guy'
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by MsFlorida(f): 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2009
segzi cres:

I have this girl i usually nail on just a call away, suddenly she changed, later she heard that i've started working and next thing she did was call.
D babe: hey crespo! how are you.
ME: i'm good and you?
D babe: you sound very tired?
ME: it's nothing just work.
D babe: heard you're working now? could you send me credit, mINE'S ABOUT TO RUN OUT.

Sounds like you are the gold digger to me. You have been sleeping with this girl whenever you have an itch. Apparently, you didn't have a job while you were nailing her. She slept with you when you had no employment. You even have the nerve to come on here and brag that you could hit it whenever you called. She suddenly changed?? She should have. You didn't care for this chick at all. It shows in your attitude. I guess it was okay for her to bend over (no pun intended) whenever you asked but now you want to throw her under the bus when it was time for you to bend over and provide what she asked for. You are selfish and a user and your new job is not going to change that.

What's even more funny to me is that you think this post makes her sound like a gold digger. No, you sound like a cheap a** that thinks your crap doesn't stink because you now have a few dollars in your pocket. A real man would buy her credit because he realizes he has been sleeping with her on credit. If I was her I wouldn't even look your way again. User.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by sexyLeamon(f): 5:09am On Feb 23, 2009
na2day?:

ovularia, better keep quiet b4 i donate slaps for ur face, wetin bi nonsense inside this one? abi make hin no yan hin church mind again? angry angry angry
aha see trouble shocked shocked
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by lizzyA(f): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2009
If u were born by poor parent,its not ur fault.Anyway i came from a very poor family but glory be to God i found a man dat did not put me into ur unreasonable category.pls if u are not ready to have compassion for poor girls out there,stop discouraging other guys.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by Ben13: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2009
At last someone made sense
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by queenTG(f): 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
na2today nawa for u proud to be TOGOLESE atlese we are not GOLD DIGGERS tongue
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by queenTG(f): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2009
chyk91 u are gold digger but be carefull ;d
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by blacky(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2009
MsFlorida:

To another poster I'm sorry but 1 million naira for the wedding of a man to the baddest chick is not a lot of money, especially if you can afford it.

She wants a million naira wedding. No problems let her put foward 50% of the total cost.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by kamber: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2009
Isn't it better to date a poor girl whose is rich in ''home training'', than to date a rich girl who has a high poverty level with home training and manners Guys want to ultimately marry a wife who can cook, treat him, his family and friends with respect, keep her home clean even when nannies are not readilly available so why do the dress rehearsal with the rich babes when most have absolutely no content? shocked
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by na2day2(m): 3:37am On Feb 27, 2009
queenTG:

na2today nawa for u proud to be TOGOLESE atlese we are not GOLD DIGGERS tongue

na 2day we dey hear that one?
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by sj1: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2009
Yes many girls dream of marrying rich. I did, still do. I however am for the love rather than the money. It is important to reconcile, I believe with the idea that you most likely you will not. THe life style would make it better for a woman and her family, but what most girls do not realize and might never is that at the end of a night the person you see last and the person you wake up to is the man you pledged to. If you plan to marry a poor girl I think it would be better to have a base plan, if she does not like a majority of what you do, abandon all hope. You like fishing, take her and see her reaction. Everything in any relationship should be done that way anyways.

I want nothing more than to live fruitfully and full. I have dreams and ambitions, none of which are modeling or boob jobs. The issue is really, in my opinion is what full is. So much these days cost money. In times such as these being a full individual is hard, I imagine though with all this conversation about gold digging, these days especially must be difficult ones to settle down with a woman of a lower class or any class for that matter, all business and stress is very hard, man you guys must have a lot of stress!!!

I would be happy to debate. sarah.schrimsher@yahoo.com
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by sj1: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2009
I sounded like a poor girl just now, I am upper middle class. For the record, an ameture writer and am developing a program for children who have traumatically lost a family member or have been through trauma in general, am single, happily so and when I meant debate I actually meant it.
Re: Let's Stop Dating Poor Girls. by dROC1: 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2009
s.j.:

I sounded like a poor girl just now, I am upper middle class. For the record, an ameture writer and am developing a program for children who have traumatically lost a family member or have been through trauma in general, am single, happily so and when I meant debate I actually meant it.

You obviously don't qualify as a poor girl because it seems you've got a lot going on. A poor girl doesn't have anything going on but she'll pretend for the hell of it.

As for the debate, D-roc just sent you a mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

~happy Birthday Idowuogbo~ / I Think I really Like Therealmrstan / How Can I Get My Ex Back? I Want My Ex Back In One Week!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.