Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,761 members, 7,831,449 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261577 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2009
Mr Gem - u got me confused if not for tox. Mr Gem u re in naija delta area now not at western naija,oh yes zain is working for me too here in ph. But our brothers in lagos area re complaining enitan,gofitech,tox even u,ll witness the same wen u go back. Am only trying to find a solution for them, i ve 2 working i.p port but none could work in lagos. Gem if u go back to lag without seeing me i ll not be happy with u. How is ur camp? @ tox- i kept satmac underground and i know the reason,the link should only be posted in the group, please brother modify that post. Lets us ve some respect for our findings, let the people outside our fta world be jealous and tempted. I want u to comment on that NBC cos u re in brocasting business. @ satcoper- if u re not in rivers,bayelsa,cross river and akwa ibom,maybe warri forget it. I got it with 2.4m motorized mesh dish today and ur alignment got to be superb. The beam is out of our location and it is c-band. Now i ve got wot u guys in lagos can never ve.(2m nat) lol!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by biggjoe(m): 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2009
Wish to thank you all for your wishes.

As for the cake, I mailed it to all membes in one message and gmail banned my email address for spamming.

Maybe when they 'unban' me, u will all get your cakes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2009
hi pito ,
 Thank you very much for the loader , i  ve been experiencing bad network connections and have not had the opportunity to expreess my appreciation, it worked fine  and ive used it for 53x and 63x and they are both in good conditions, actually i have the channel on the usual h polarity.  once more thanks

@
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2009
Pitodenz,
I have returned to the bush as I still cant get hold of any working IP.On the sat-mac issue,I dont think we should hide any good site for members all in the name of dealing with fta pirates.If a member,I think Ifende,didnt give us,I wouldnt have known about the wonderful site.I understand and support ur poimt of view,but remember that these days,we suffer a lot to get updates from slow sites.pls dont forget to mail any new ip.
NBC-I think it is Namibian.saw it on lyngsat some weeks back but I think it is out of beam.I hope to hear from you soon.thanks for the great job you are doing here too.

all,
I discovered some hours ago that srsupport has a new update for jsc sports which had been on sat-mac since 16th March.It does not have ART but you can get it at sat-mac as earlier announced.

Olofofo,
how are you doing with the 4m fibre at Ogba?thanks for the support my ana(in-law).I got ur gist on the risk involved with the updates.I think a strong anti-virus will take care of it.

all,
Canal + Maghreb promo on Badr-6 @ 26° East(encrypted)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 12:10am On Mar 21, 2009
Toxnaija, tanx my bros. wishing your mum a happy birtday in advance. pls toks the new update you mentioned does it take care of ART THAT WENT DOWN TODAY.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2009
OLOFOFO, still waiting for your reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 6:58am On Mar 21, 2009
Olason, the new software toxnaija mentioned is for aljazeera.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2009
@tox

Jummy says she will let me know when the owner comes back.

@olason

sorry, i dozed off b4 i saw ur post, i will be home till arround 11pm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by gofitech(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2009
all,
STV2 announced that they are moving from sirus back to Nss7 very soon.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 8:11am On Mar 21, 2009
@pitodenz>> I stand to be corrected. Well, I have just expressed my point of view on the matter. About the visitation, I will make it a day. Mind you, we will still be together for the next 11 months. @toxnaija>> The one I'm enjoying now is: 201.229.208.2; 8080.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:55am On Mar 21, 2009
olofofo:

@george_d

did you mean signal splitter? if it's a splitter you mean, be advised that you can not use it with a diseq switch.

Bros,
The multi-switch I am talking about is not the normal signal splitter. Rather, it's a special kind of switch used to seperate vertical and horizontal polarities of signal coming from the same lnb or multiple lnbs. It enables you to watch channels of different polarities with more than one decoder at the same time without conflict.
Just go to alaba or call your guy there and explain to him. He will immediately understand.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:05am On Mar 21, 2009
@george_d
George_D:

Just go to alaba or call your guy there and explain to him. He will immediately understand.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2009
olofofo:

@george_d

ok, ok. bros, sorry about that. it's not like i am sending you on an errand. i guess i got carried
away trying to explain the difference with the multi switch. Abeg no vex. who knows, i'm sure
other members may benefit from knowing that there is a switch you can connect your diseqc
output to which enables you to connect to more than one decoder in your house and you can
watch more than one channel at the same time with different polarities (v and h) without conflict.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01am On Mar 21, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
How far about that your 6.om dish? Any luck?

I think adewest coming is still very relevant despite all our achievents so far. In fact one of the reasons I went ahead to install the 3.0m fibre is just to make his coming less stressful on me. I don't want to start from scratch like toxnaija did: casting of pole and setting up the dish same day and installation. That will be too much for us especially as we are many here that he need to visit. Imagine having to spend 3 days in each member's house! When will he have time to go round and finish the job? So that is why I went ahead to install the dish. Now all he needs to do when he comes is to fine tune and do little adjustments with his master touch. You agree that it is easier to do that than starting from digging the ground grin
Or what do you think?

By the way, I've been in constant touch with him. Last time we talked, he said he just came back from Liberia and is on a course. That is same reason why he has not been posting much in the forum these days.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2009
@ tox- what i ve in mind is to make the group look superior so that more people will register and start contributing in order to get accepted in the group. I met someone yesterday and i was so impressed with his achievement and confident in satellite. Tox he got all this from all of us here. He is about to extend his 3m obirtron dish to 4.5m with aluminium foil which he showed me. Believe me he visit this forum more than me and u yet he has not posted 'HI'. It was on his hand a saw a phone wrist watch which he imported from china and there ll be so many of his type visiting our thread. So why cant we make the group to be tempted enough for them. Mr Gem- look at u, posting an ip port in an open forum like this and u expect it to last, look ftb is not like fta, u just sign a death warant to that ip. Gond work!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 21, 2009
@ pit, am totally with u in this, whenever i have my nile installed, my posts will never reduced but 70% of vital infos will be shipped to d google group. we all have something precious we cant put on this forum, olofofo knows what am referring to. GOOGLE-GROUP, lets a big deal out of it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2009
new ip for lagos guys. check the group.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dk4justice(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2009
@twinstaiye
             i am new on this thread i dont know anything about the terminologies you are using please can you tall me the meaninig of JSC card,also i will be greatful if you can tell me the patch you used for my tv africa channels.this is my email if you like to mail it to me <dick4justice@yahoo.com>
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by wahwah: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2009
any idea whether kaon 660 hd has any patch
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2009
man utd and fulham now live on super sports 3, chelsea totenham delayd till 1530hrs GMT on ss5 all on those feeds.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2009
wat are the problem with echolink--most times at d beginng of all matches tried to fade off--later
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2009
echo users, look beyond the hills, going down of d decoder is a deliberate action on the manufacturer part. why is it always weekend when there's premier league?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2009
@pitodenz>> Thanks for your observation. I was carried away like George_D was some hours ago.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2009
All, check out this FULHAM VS MAN U,1ST HALF FULHAM 1 MAN U 0. 12729 H 4420
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2009
all, no matter what even if showtime is down.we have our backup jus to borrow the word of my good friend enitan. olofofo na go hear am today o!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2009
all, i got to go 2nd half about to begine. enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mofea(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2009
NASH FTA I need ur mail address please.Enitan thanks 4 that footy update.)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mofea(m): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2009
@All just a thought when someone posts something in here can it be deleted?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2009
Obnelly, hope you were able to get it. am currently watching Arsenal vs NewCastle. oh! my God OBAGOL jus miss a penalty.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2009
@ALL,  

This moresat guys are beginning to make me angry. angry  Its either they are deliberately doing this to us or they are just new at the game.  Why is it that it is only when you are about to watch an important game that their abracadabra card goes off.  It looked like a strategy from their team to make them more relevant in the market.  And if that is their idea, then they need to change their strategy or else, they will soon be out of the market.

If gamma cards can last up to 6 months, then abracadabra card should last for such time too.  This is the way i see it.  if they have up to 26 codes for opening the bouquets for say 6 months,  what they do is to just put  2 of the codes in a patch and release to the public. after a week or two, the codes auto roll and then is used up and when the codes are no longer working, we dont see the channels again and we their customer will be waiting anxiously for them to do their magic.  They will wait a day or two, sample peoples opinion at the sites and then release another 2 or 3 depending on the reactions of people. I think they are stupid if that is what they have been doing. Imagine if you take your decoder to the office for re-patching every time? People will wonder what the hell you are doing carrying around that 'thin' everyday.

It is high time I start saving for a better card.  

@graciousme
Am sooooo sorry for not replying your messages. I've not been around and have been very busy lately.  I think you need to change your LNB. I think the one you are using is not working well. Also, you may still need the 2.4m dish for your nilesat.
Cheers.

@toxnaija
You are very funny. Picture this-- This newscaster in the bush, typing away at his keyboard, using free internet. Na wah ooo.  You no dey fear snake?

@Big Joe
Happy Belated Birthday !!!  May you live to celebrate more years on earth.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2009
@olason

Thanks for the info, but I wish you could have followed enitan's example. We normally use a coded message. It is understood.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ketigoi: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2009
Hi to you all,
I am Ron from Kenya,Ido have Strong SRT4653x and unale to view ETV,iam using the Dish 90 cm with KU band. i can get sabc,but the ETV is scrambled,i had been using astrovox which i could view the ETV.
I have tried the 6969,8282 and8280 to no avail.I would appreciate if you guys asissts me on how to go about in opening up the ETV step by step.
Thanks in advance.
Ron

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.