Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,913 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261775 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2009
@ enitan
am on mobile cos i ve been running round. U can use wap.mtnonline.com/lnk000/anysite. I ll post the supporting ip to the group. Just use it in ur web browser. Enjoy!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by josoex: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2009
Dear All,
My Strong SRT 4653x suddenly dispalying LnbF after a heavy rainfall on Sunday 26/04/09. and all the TP gone RED. I've tried rebooting several times but situation persist.
Pls, advise what could be wrong.

Best Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2009
@all,
The problem above "SRT 4653 display LnbF" was posted by me and not josoex and shown, I never knew how the mixup happend

@ Mr. Gem,
I was reading the past postings and found out that you have experienced similar problem in that past; I will appreciate if you can tell me how you solved the problem. i.e SRT 4653 displaing LnbF immediately after booting

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:11am On Apr 27, 2009
@all,
over this weekend i did an installation of nilesat and i discovered this new tps on nilesat that are now active .they are on ab4 wide beam b4 but it seems all wide beam channels have now been moved to nilesat 101 and 102.others should pls confirm.
u can use these tps

10.775 H 60-62% signal quality

10.795 V 56-58% signal quality

10.930 H 62-64% signal quality(espn, espn classic but are encrypted under art bonquet)

10.889 H use SR 27.490 for this tp

10.716 V use SR 27.490 for this tp

10.910 V use SR 27.500(euronews and so many other channels)

10.755 V use SR 27.490 for this tp.

some one should pls confirm form another location.i got all this in the north(kano state)

if u are using echolink to confirm just do an auto scan it brings out every thing automatically.

but u will have to do a manual scan on strong especially those tps with a differnt SR rate i.e (27490).u can as well do an auto scan,some will pop out then now do a manual scan for others.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2009
@Dre-Lu,

You may need to change your LNB.It might be faulty.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2009
@ Dre_lu

First of all check the F-connectors at each end of the cable and that they are properly done and that the braided wires are not touching the single copper that goes into each connector; check also that the F-connectors to both the LNB and the receiver are correctly connected. If problem persists, then perhaps replace LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2009
@Enigma,
Thanx for your concern,
What baffles me most is that when I disconnected the cable from the decoder (on stand-alone) after booting it still displays same LnbF.
I have a faulty strong dicoder which I replaced in Dec-08 after similar rainfall and was affected by lighthening, I tried to power this old decoder on, this boot normally and display the last channel viewd after boothing; which made me to think the problem is from the decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2009
enny how far now ?wetin dey do ur messenger i try to connect you no luck.i will be busy on may 1st and 2nd ,3rd will be okay.copy that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2009
dre that happened to my neighbour receiver also.if you stay in lagos why cant you visit alaba.its a minor problem they can fix it but u gat to drop some small bucks.the problem is not from the lnb but the receiver itself.No worries ,its fixable.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by folo28(m): 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2009
Enigma:

@ Dre_lu

First of all check the F-connectors at each end of the cable and that they are properly done and that the braided wires are not touching the single copper that goes into each connector; check also that the F-connectors to both the LNB and the receiver are correctly connected. If problem persists, then perhaps replace LNB.

Yeah, I experienced the same thing on my Echo Link on Saturday during the Man U match, I had LNBF display on my TV screen and on the decoder, I restarted the decoder it was still the same case, I did just as Enigma described above and on checking, everyting was okay.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2009
@Dre lu

You tunner is bad,take the decoder to alaba for repair
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hello guys i am typing wit my phn in a taxi.l learnt that strong has a hd receiver do u know where to buy one maybe we can use it 4 daar sat fta
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mjay(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2009
learnt that strong has a hd receiver
LIKE THIS?

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2009
Hi all

I am new to this wonderful forum on FTA's. on also new to Satellite TV.  Can any one help me figure out which FTA channels can be gotten with a 60cm dish(that is what i have now)

I am making plans to getter a bigger dish.  i here its better than the small dish. how true is this?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2009
all i think we need HD receiver with mpeg4 before we can do abracadabra on daarsat.the battle has just begun.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2009
strong hd is a dual view and pvr and the price is high as 75k
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2009
@ ALL
the new tp in ab4 should not worry anybody in the south. The signal is no more at the same elevation as nilesat,u ll need to align ur dish down b4 u get those signal thereby loosing all the nileast signal. 10758 is no more the strongest tp to track nile later 11747.
@ Desjam
the cheat is working on chinco fones and samsung so u re not doing something right. Use it on ur web browser not opera mini and make sure u use the ip i posted. It may not work with nokia 3110c.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 6:34am On Apr 28, 2009
@All W3A users,
Last evening from around 1700Hrs GMT, LCF TV (which was previously on Sirius4) surfaced on 12728, V , 30000, FEC 5/6 (same TP as RTS1, 2STV, TPA, MTA).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2009
@all,
RE:Lnbf dsplay.
I have religiously followed all the advise provided, still no luck. I took the decoder to dewsat (a notable sat. outfit in Owerri) and he confirmd the decoder has been damaged and that I have to take it to Lagos (alaba) like badru rightly pointed for.
Considering the distance I may have to go buy another.
What can I do to prevent future occurence, I lost one in Dec-08 due to similar rainfal/thunder strike; I happend to be to only one with such experience in my compound with several dishes.
Once again thanx for your prompt response.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:43am On Apr 28, 2009
@ Dr_lu
can u get the receiver to ph. Your problem is very minor get across to arsenal1 he ll then send it to me in ph or holla me since u re in ma back yard (owerri).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 8:46am On Apr 28, 2009
@ pito  strong hd is not a dual view pvr rather it is pvr ready like srt 4663x
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:52am On Apr 28, 2009
@ Enitan

I have arranged for the items as agreed but without card because all the sites required bank transfers. will keep you informed and updated on developments. sorry for the right-up i promised, too busy at the moment, expect it very soon
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 8:58am On Apr 28, 2009
Dre lu,
You need to ground both your dish and coaxial cable using a 'grounding block' - see the picture attached below.

Step 1:
Apart from the Coaxial cable connected to the LNB, you need an additional thin wire known as the "messenger" wire which will be connected to the satellite dish to 'ground' it.
Step2:
Where the cable gets connected to the satellite dish, make sure that the coaxial cable is tightly connected and look to see if the messenger wire is connected to the ground screw on the dish's base. If it is not, then use the wire strippers to strip about 3/4 inches of insulation off the wire and wrap it under the ground screw and tighten the screw.
Step3:
Next, it's important that your satellite cable enter the home near where your main ground is located. Use the drill, drill bits, anchors and screws to secure the grounding block to the building's structure near the base of the building.
Step4:
Run the satellite cable from the dish to the grounding block. Place some of the silicone grease on the grounding block's terminal. This helps reduce corrosion and protects the connection from the weather. Make a 3- to 5-inch loop in the cable and then connect the coaxial cable to the threaded terminal using the adjustable wrench to make sure that it is tight.
Step5:
Loosen the screw on the grounding block and place the messenger wire in the hole underneath of it. Retighten the screw to hold the messenger wire in place.
Step6:
Find the building's central ground and run the #10 copper wire from that point to the satellite cable grounding block. Loosen the same screw that you loosened for the messenger wire and place the copper wire in the same hole. Tighten down the screw so that both wires are secure. Return to the building's central ground and connect the #10 copper wire to it.
Step7:
Connect the coaxial cable that enters the building to the other side of the splitter terminal on the grounding block, after you coat it with the silicone.
Step8:
That is all it takes to ground your satellite dish and cable. Now, the next time you're in the middle of a lightning storm, you won't have to worry about the satellite dish on top of your home acting like a conductor!

Source: _http://www.ehow.com/how_2197111_ground-satellite-dish.html_

Also read more on how to ground a dish - in order to 'arrest' lightening surges - in the following links: _http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Grounding.htm_.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 9:06am On Apr 28, 2009
@Pitodenz
Kindly give me how I can reach you or Arsenal1.
I will send it to a colleague of mine in PH who will help deliver it to you.
Your phone no. as well.

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2009
all,
pls scan 3924 H 2894 on NSS703 C-Band for TV Oromiyaa,Ethiopia.

@toxnaija,
I did a scan using that frequency yesterday and nothing came up
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:31am On Apr 28, 2009
George_D:

@toxnaija,
I did a scan using that frequency yesterday and nothing came up

U may need to change the polarity.I've had the channel for about 2 or 3 weeks now.I use 1.8m motorised pan
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2009
@all
I found ds satelite FTA forum of d Asia Pacific region, and I thought any 1 from ds forum could learn from d site. Its www.vetrun.com/forum. Its an interesting site too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2009
@captainus,
That's copied. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2009
@Pitodenz,
As discussed earlier here are some pix of my overnight monitoring of CNN, showsports, VH1, art
etc at my end. I noticed a little drop in signal quality between 7.30pm to 9.30pm for all TPs but
none of the channels went off totally except Gear One which showed red (no signal). After 10pm,
all began steady till daybreak.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2009
I think for me the main problem affecting the signals is the weather-apart from the recent changes on AB4a. Because I noticed that on a good day with less cloudy skies (like yesterday), nilesat performed better at night compared to other days when there will be rainfall or thick clouds (the usual KU band problem).
Also, I will advise that you try to loop out your signals to at least one STRONG decoder. It seems more able to handle the poor signals better under such conditions when compared to other recievers.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 11:48am On Apr 28, 2009
@George-d

Thanks for the other day,am back to lagos. Your nile signal is wonderfull. My greeting to madam and children
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2009
Chuk 101
just saw the deal about your brother, please accept my sympathy. May the good lord grant you the strength and fortitude to bear this loss.
eduzo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.