Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,919 members, 7,848,706 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262512 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2009
George-D,
You must have tried tv oromiyaa when it was off air.try to scan before 9pm.the signal is very high.Have you tried the Nilesat frequencies sent from Kano.please file your report.

@toxnaija,
You may be right. I will try again later today before 9pm.

This nilesat signal wahala is looking like it's going to cause another north-south war o! grin because from the
pattern of this AB4a EIRP, what I'm seeing is a heavily lopsided coverage where most areas in the north have
all the TPs green and we here in the south are left yawning on RED!
As at yesternight, I still scanned all those frequencies (10758V, 10795V, 10719V etc) on that bird, but no green
And this isn't a case of dish installation problems either. I have been monitoring my signal quality closely and
I'm happy to see that most of the difficult H-transponders on 101 & 102 are still coming in, eg CNN, showsports, gearone, etc. So why not AB4a?
They better realign the steerable beam of that bird fast o, or else trouble go bust for outer space!
I want 10758V back with 94% signal quality like before, period! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2009
All,
Here is the last installment of my nilesat signal quality monitoring. I had difficulties loading them
all yesterday. They're just too many to post for one day.
NOTE: for those yet to go on this bird, my advice is that you take heart. Just a little patience and
you'll be there.
For my people in the south-south, DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED by this results. If it is possible for me,
it will be definitely be possible for you.

>GET THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT
>DO NOT COMPROMISE ON QUALITY
>DO YOUR INSTALLATIONS RIGHT

And you'll get even better results than this. Together, let's break the myth. CNN, SHOWSPORTS, 24hrs
on 3m with no weak signal is possible here, even in the rainy season. smiley
LET'S DO IT!

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
This is for Gear one:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2009
Showsports:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
vh1:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
And lastly, showmovies:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohi009: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ all.hello every body in the house i am a new member
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ tox
i feel ur predicaments but what is the network u were using? Maybe thats might be the problem but even at that it is suppose to work. I believed u can sort it out on ur own since freedom can find servers for u. Do some troubleshoot in ur system.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mide2008(m): 5:21am On Apr 30, 2009
@all,
Please can someone assist on how to get coco card. i would like to test run it. it is upgradeable via usb port of strong receiver (4663X) no need for phoniex programmer. Since it opens ART and SHOWTIME, it is an alternative to abracadabra card.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:50am On Apr 30, 2009
mide2008:

@all,
Please can someone assist on how to get coco card. i would like to test run it. it is upgradeable via usb port of strong receiver (4663X) no need for phoniex programmer. Since it opens ART and SHOWTIME, it is an alternative to abracadabra card.

@Mide 2008,
The northerners may have. But you can convert expired irdeto cards to coconut cards. Check out loader on anaimgr's site. Other cards can be be converted too only if you have the loader. This discussion is better in the groups.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2009
@ Enitan

Since I couldn’t get plus, in the alternative two coco was arranged for. Hopefully shipment will arrive by end of May. Expect yours first week of June. When goods arrive you will send your shipment address or I will send to Lagos through Agofure or any of the other transporters’ courier service. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2009
d coco is even cheaper than the plus, and works on most recievers unlike the jujucard
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2009
Hello people
here is an installation question. Has anybody used a splitter to distribute signals from a single port Fuji lnb ? I am thinking about using this to serve a second receiver for my gang. They are beginning to cramp my style on my own receiver. Is there any possibility of the signal shorting ? Alternatively anybody got an idea of a good dual port lnb i can use? thanks guys.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2009
Hi ohi009
good to have you. Stay loose.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2009
@microgiant
How much is the coco card?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2009
ifende:

@microgiant

purchased 2 online for $100
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2009
ifende:

@microgiant

purchased 2 online for $100
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2009
@microgiant
Which website, i want to buy one for myself
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2009
Hola microgiant

does the coco card work with the echolink 3020 ir and the 3030 ir usb ?
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2009
@microgiant,
How u dey pls can u pls how much does the coco card cost does it support any updates and does Echolink 3020 IR allow u to view my TV Africa also ?
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2009
@Jossybless, Eduzo, Ifende

I just ordered today (30-Apr-2009) for two to experiment, not too sure about supported receivers but its claimed it can be used in many receivers. Note: u require a programmer to update, although Mide2008 said strong 4663 can update card through usb. I don't know how to yet, maybe when i get hold of it i will contact him for clarification
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2009
@microgiant
The programmer is a software right?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2009
It's a hardware, e.g. smartmouse/phoenix
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2009
When i recieve my toys, for those who are interested i will send the site to enitan & Pito to post on the google group
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 2:51pm On Apr 30, 2009
@microgiant
how soon are u getting your toys
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
by end of May hopefully, because the guy who is assisting me to purchase, that is using his debit card, will go for his vacation 1st or 2nd May and come back sometime towards end and it's billed for his address outside 9ja. That's what will delay it, otherwise it would have arrived in two weeks time. I don't want to post the site because the encryption providers are always attacking the card sellers, forcing them to go underground. If you google with the coco name you will not get it. just keep your fingers crossed.

I want to test before posting, so that nobody will castigate me for giving misleading info
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2009
@microgiant
ok no wahala
we just have to wait for now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2009
@All Sirius Users,
A new channel, BVN TV from Netherlands, has now been added to the Globecast TP (12605, V 29950). Rescan your decoders and have a nice weekend! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2009
@all

got unlimited coco-card for 15k. delivery in 3 days. owner will foot the transportation cost. fantastic news with the strong programmer.

edited.

loaded the coco loader software found on crosat and it fried my decoder. it just went blank. i had to reload the previous patch for it to work again.

has anyone else tested this patch?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kdaddy: 7:16am On May 01, 2009
eduzo:

Hello people
here is an installation question. Has anybody used a splitter to distribute signals from a single port Fuji lnb ? I am thinking about using this to serve a second receiver for my gang. They are beginning to cramp my style on my own receiver. Is there any possibility of the signal shorting ? Alternatively anybody got an idea of a good dual port lnb i can use? thanks guys.
eduzo

can someone pls answer this question, because i am also having the same problem.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2009
@pito

stop stating the obvious, besides, leave dagbo discussions for the back yard. please edit ya post.

@kaddy

signal splitters on weak frequencies will not work well for you, especially when you need to change channels on the 2nd decoder to maybe an H transponder channel. consider getting a dual output LNB like Premium 2 or panorama. U will need to cut them both to receive good signals on Nilesat down here in the south.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 9:31am On May 01, 2009
Hi microgiant
thanks. I will look out for your test result.
eduzo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.