Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,462 members, 7,854,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262755 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by demzade: 5:42pm On May 06, 2009
@ All

Really took my time to read this thread and i've finally come to a conclusion!
This generation has good hope and i love everything i've seen. Tis very nice.

New in the FTA business but i have done somethings and now i need the good ppl of this forum to help me out.
I stay in ABJ and just got the ECHOLINK 3020 decoder with the abra card to work w my previously owned 2.4m dish. the technician that installed it gave me the last patch 280408 that all got scrambled. the good ppl of this site av helped me locate the latest patch myself and have also helped understand that i need a R232 cable which i just got.

Now i need something urgently please from anyone as i.d love to watch chelsea display today. the installation keeps giving the sign error to connect when trying to load the latest patch. Please i need a stepwise guide on how to do this. thx a mil
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 6:36pm On May 06, 2009
[size=14pt]TIP Of The Day:[/size]
For the New Users and Season veterans Click Here for  graphic displays of Elevation, Azimuth and Skew or Polarity. I hope this helps anyone that needs it.

@ All,
How una dey?? cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 10:29pm On May 06, 2009
@demzade
If this is your first time of using the rs232 cable, then I must say, the cable is not working. But if you have used the cable to upload the patch before, then something is wrong with the patch itself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:36am On May 07, 2009
@ Dr_lu
soory for disappointin so much but i dont ve your contact ll this while and u were not calling me to push me to. Movement in ph is not easy for people like us without mobility and i was so hook up this time around. Hope u understand.
@ all
there's this new positioner in the market now that support the use of diseq 1.2 from our receivers just like usuals. The positioner has an input to the receiver making it compactible to diseq 1.2. This a wonderful experience cos u ll not need two remote controls to use ur motorize setup,only ur receiver remote hence ur coaxil cable from lnb enters the positioner,the positioner has an output port that ll go into our receivers.
I hereby ask Badaru,Olofofo,jujkemist and other people in north to confirm the availability of the stuff in our market.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:46am On May 07, 2009
@ Dr_lu
             soory for disappointing u  so much but i dont ve your contact all this while and u were not calling me to push me to. Movement in ph is not easy for people like us without mobility and i was so hook up this time around. Hope u understand.
@ all
       there's this new positioner in the market now that support the use of diseq 1.2 from our receivers just like usuals. The positioner has an input to the receiver making it compactible to diseq 1.2. This a wonderful experience cos u ll not need two remote controls to use ur motorize setup,only ur receiver remote hence ur coaxil cable from lnb enters the positioner,the positioner has an output port that ll go into our receivers.
I hereby ask Badaru,Olofofo,jujkemist and other people in north to confirm the availability of the stuff in our market.

FEATURE:

. Compatible with DiSEqC 1.0 /1.2 Receiver or Any Receiver
. Compatible with any Reed Switch Actuator or H-H Mount
. 5V DC Output for Optical Sensor Actuator
. 3 Digit LED Display
. Drive Dish up to 3M
. 99 Satellite Positions
. Fine-tune EAST / WEST Buttons
. Optional Remote Control Available
. Overload Protection ( Auto-recovery )
. Anti-Noise Design
. Re-Synchronize Function

. Remote Control Included

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 6:06am On May 07, 2009
i spent time yesterday to track 3w in other to watch uefa champions league, at the end of the day, this is what uefa gave me.
if they dont wANT 2 English teams in final,
THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO GO 4 IT

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 7:07am On May 07, 2009
more church station showed up on intelsat ku
the tp 12561h, 26640

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:37am On May 07, 2009
@pitodenz,
I may be interested in that new positioner if all those features are
really true. Pls let's confirm it's availability.

@dejsam,
Thanks for the patch. I have not loaded it though. The one I loaded
yesternight still could not open ART package. I was almost left stranded
again for chelsea vs barca if not for W3a that came to the rescue.
Let's see how this your own will go.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:45am On May 07, 2009
@all
now u can update coco very easily by strong reciever loader

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 9:45am On May 07, 2009
tanx alot dejsam
i got the patch u sent to my box, i will work on it today and give u feed bak
ugo .c:

more church station showed up on intelsat ku
the tp 12561h, 26640
a mad man can not be cured because, he beliv that he is brave. so life gose on
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:24am On May 07, 2009
ohi009

No hassle man, anytime.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 11:15am On May 07, 2009
@ George_D

Sorry 4 your troubles in trying to get the Chelsea/Barca game. Please try Metro TV Ghana on Nss10(37.5w). They broadcast both the Tuesday and wednesday games. FRQ 3805 H SYM rate 2143-7/8. enjoy

@ dejsam

Thanks for the patch u sent to my box. but i did not seem to work. could u pls fill me in on the step by step procedure. am probably not doing the right thing.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:11pm On May 07, 2009
@Blakstars,
Thanks for the info. I will keep it for next time. MBC3 (tunisia) hooked up to supersport 3
last night and I was able to make do with that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 12:13pm On May 07, 2009
@ blackstar,

u can chat me on yahoo messenger.dejsam247@yahoo.com

@ george d,
check ur mail box for starsat latest update.art and showtime fixed.

@all,echolink update has been sent to all google group members.art and showtime fixed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2009
@dejsam,
I've gotten the patch in my inbox. Thanks.

@microgiant,
This 'coco' card that is now reigning, is it not the white card someone
was talking about in the thread sometime ago that works with STRONG?
I think pitodenz should have an idea on this.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:51pm On May 07, 2009
@ George_D

I think it is the same, actually the coco is a whitey
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:56pm On May 07, 2009
@blackstars ,

u just keep me posted for any developement on that stuff.

@ all has any body been able to get the coco card?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2009
@ Dejsam

Thanks a lot. i will keep u posted
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Smartsboy(m): 5:41pm On May 07, 2009
Please guys, the w3a i recieve dont speak english 12.728V SR30000. please any other freq to recieve more? Tonpres18@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 1:09am On May 08, 2009
hi emexi
i can't say thank you enough. This is magic. Sorry i didn't hook up earlier. Power, you know.
I will talk to you later. Skype?
thanks
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2009
@ dejsam
thanks my email is osef55@yahoo.com
@obnelly
is it siruis you intend to write or there's another sat bearing this name.pls if its siruis is it the same with those feeds i was requesting about some times ago? do i need to input keys?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 3:25pm On May 08, 2009
all,
e tv has added 3 new feeds on sirius.just blindscan and they will come out.I think that is why you could not pick uefa champs league on the old feeds.
I tried scanning badr4 ku band but I was able to pick only the frequency that has Nessma.It was cracking badly.any suggestion on better reception?
Abuja guys don kill me with enquiries.I hope to visit soon.thanks to Solanke and Leke who wake me every morning with queries on al jazeera.I hope olason and dejsam have answered your questions with the old patch being renewed.
Fuel scarcity got me stranded in Abeokuta.I couldnt go for my newscast in Lagos.I enjoyed my fuel-imposed break to the fullest with Showtime and Champions league.

George-D,
I think the problem is from the space.I left the dish alone but it improved on its own though it is yet to be perfect like in the past.Were you able to pick anything on ab4 especially on 10930H and 10911V? mide2008 in Ilesha,Osun state picks ESPN,Euronews,etc on the frequencies but I cant in Abeokuta.pls try to scan them in ur location.Obnelly,pls try it too.

olason/dejsam,
thanks to both of u for helping out but you seem to be confusing some of us with all these feedback about frying and one opening mytv,another not opening.Can you pls be explicit on what your file can open and where to download them?anyway,to be on the safe side,i have decided to pick the January 12 patch of srt 4651X,4653X.It opens al jazeera sports+1-4 and not mytv africa as confirmed by mide2008.It is the same source dejsam got his file from.I will give a feedback after loading it.I think it is safe.What could have made the old file of January to suddenly resurrect,abi na abracadabra?Ola,pls send me the mytv stuff if it is separate.how is ur family.pls try rescan sirius for the new e feeds.Also try the ab4 frequencies.regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2009
@dejsam,
I loaded the new patch last night successfully but another problem-I discovered
'no signal' on all tps! grin A heavy rain that fell here yesterday afternoon has apparently
shifted my dish-again! So, no luck, no way of verifying if the patch actually works.

@toxnaija,
Since this AB4a wahala started, I've not been able to get any tp less than 11xxx
on nilesat. All the 10xxx are not showing up at all. I have been secretly nursing the
idea of re-aligning and finetuning my dish but have been reluctant to do so. Yesterday's
heavy rain that shifted the dish has given me a perfect excuse to swing into action.
Now I can go to work on those AB4a tps and let's see what new surprises will
spring up this time around grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:32pm On May 08, 2009
@toxnaija,

iro the patch issue,what u need to know is this .make sure u have an original stb.as long as ur stb is original ,u dont have to be afraid.u should always make sure u have the right patch or u have a complete download.make sure light does not fluctuate and make sure the patch is from a trusted site.i have confirmed the use of patches with stb from an official of strong technologies from their website.he confirmed that the only way to update ur stb is through patch.and thats why u see that it comes in .stb format.which is the only format recognised by the stb for upgrade.

when ur stb gets fried ,it is as a result of corrupted files installed into ur stb,and u know stb do not have an anti virus in it.when it is taken for repairs ,it is usually flushed completely for new software to be loaded into it.we can chat online for better discussion.

@ deorge d,
just get ur sat back into position and u will see that the patch is very ok.i still installed it into a friends receiver last night.and if u have a 4661x or4663x u can install this version-1.26p it is still very active for both aljazeera sports and mytv africa.

enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 5:43pm On May 08, 2009
Olofofo,Twinstaiye,Enitan,enigma,pitodenz & co, you are great.
Pls,How can i convert my Mytv srt  4652 decoder to FTA permanently so that i can be watching sport,Aljazeera,and other interesting TV Stations free of charge.u can contact me 2ru ''olubachar@gmail.com''.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:20pm On May 08, 2009
TOXBABA, go to satmac open other receivers section. click on strong then pick d one with 127p. enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2009
Fofo, how body? hope you are fully back on your feet now. it is well. Enitan, how jungle sofly sofly for there o! Adewest, how u dey? longtime bros, hope everything is alright. Oga Badaru, welcome back hope u have not finished d goodies u brought. would try and c u dis wkend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 12:32am On May 09, 2009
@olason

we thank God feeling much better.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by demzade: 4:41am On May 09, 2009
@Twinstaiye

Thanks I'll check that out and get back to u. U'r the best!
Is there any particular model of the cable that is guaranteed to work better?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 09, 2009
fofo baba,
how body na?

@ ola,
how you dey

@ micro,
thanks for asking after me.

@ obnelly,
try updating yur profile by providing a valid phone number, the one i have, been trying it all this while but aint connecting.

@ all,
you guys are doing great, by july i will devote 98% of my time on this section.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 7:04pm On May 09, 2009
tanx dejesam
i loaded the patch from dejsam and it was cool.
tanx alot dejsam.
but plz can u upload opera mini 4.2 to my box
ken43real@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:13pm On May 09, 2009
Dejsam:

@ deorge d,
just get ur sat back into position and u will see that the patch is very ok.i still installed it into a friends receiver last night.and if u have a 4661x or4663x u can install this version-1.26p it is still very active for both aljazeera sports and mytv africa.

@dejsam,
Relax, I'm sure your patch will work fine, there is no doubt about that. Only that I need to take extra
care to get my dish alignment right this time. This is about the fourth time rain is shifting the dish and
if not that I've been looking forward to finetuning it anyway, it would have been too bad.
So, I'm spoiling for action and this time it's got to be final! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.