Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,078 members, 7,852,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262698 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2009
GREETINGS MY PEOPLE .

INFOR ON MUITI TV

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/104961408/MULTI_TV_RECEIVER.html

JUST CLICK ON THE LINK OR SO.

LOVE

UCHESNNA .

georeg D Bro , how u are de , i hope fine. am still on the bird. hoping that this day it will fine. i just cll to say hello bro.

keep the fire burning
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2009
Greetings my people , blexxonmak and GEROGE D.

PLS I NEED YR HELP . CAN ANY PEOPLE TELL ME HOW TO READ THE STRONGEST TRANSPONDER OF A SATELITE FROM LUNGSAT SITE . I DONT KNOWN.

I WILL BE GLAD U CAN BE OF HELP TO ME.

LOVE U ALL

UCHENNA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ll
glad to register my name among those who have gunned down the Astra bird. I hit about 70% on 60 cm dish with d tp and hints provided on this forum. All u guys have said about it I confirmed. As for the MPEG4 coded video, we shall follow the steps of Blakstars.

@Iwea
iwes:

please how can one identity satellites, that are not in line with other satellites in the satellite arc, ( i.e satellites that are not in true west e.g Nilesat or true east e.g Sirius 4 and Eultesat W3 ) before attempting to track them.   Does it have something to do with inclined orbit satellite ?
Let me first draw ur attention to elmentary Geography/ Geometry. To my understanding,True North is zero degrees, so true east should be 90 deg. Does that make sence at all?
Now those satellites u mentioned are not true west nor true east, obvious from their longitudinal position- not exactly 90 deg/ 270 deg.
Recall to mind. Attempting to track, you must know the azimuth value of the sat from ur location. this is the degree of turn u make from true north to face the sat. For ur elevation, to reduce ur stress, try have an approximate value- from calculation or setups u see around u- in relation to ur Long/Lat position. this helps reduce ur swing up/down of the dish when u face the sat direction ( azimuth). This I just put into practice yesterday, fix values on my dish, and with first move ,I got the Astra.
Its not easy bro. but with patience and persistence, the birds will keep falling for us.
My next hunt is the Sirius 4 and Eut W3a using my 60 cm stuff.
Hope u have a great day
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ iwes
i got this stuff from wiki, it coud be of help:
A satellite is said to occupy an inclined orbit around the Earth if the orbit exhibits an angle other than zero degrees with the equatorial plane. This angle is called the orbit's inclination. A planet is said to have an inclined orbit around the Sun if it has an angle other than zero to the plane of the ecliptic.
A satellite is in an inclined orbit when its orbital plane is tipped some number of degrees from the horizontal defined by the equator. In the case of an inclined geosynchronous orbit, although the satellite remains geosynchronous (that is, completing one orbit around the earth every 24 hours), it is no longer geostationary.
If u are online, just go straight to this site and understand more.
www.larc.nasa.gov/SCOOL/orbits.html.">http://asd-www.larc.nasa.gov/SCOOL/orbits.html.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2009
iwes:

please how can one identity satellites, that are not in line with other satellites in the satellite arc, ( i.e satellites that are not in true west e.g Nilesat or true east e.g Sirius 4 and Eultesat W3 ) before attempting to track them.   Does it have something to do with inclined orbit satellite ?

the only way to know the strongest transponder is to check from another persons installation.  Note that a transponder that is strong at your location my not be strong in another location and vice versa.

@All
Let's take another step ahead with the experiments, on Unicable - using one cable for multiple decoders.  Check out this link:
http://www.inverto.tv/guide/?p=12
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sikadicius: 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ chuck101 - we seem to be the only guys watching Multi TV ghana - that is - u using a mpeg 4 decoder and me using pci card - I'm gonna try Daarsat this weekend - I hope you do just that - so that we can see where we are and what we can tell our friends here - good luck -
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2009
all,
where can I get mpeg 4 decoder in Lagos?

Ekoonibaje,
I think you should tell the house the price ur g+ is going for.pls help me make enquiries about mpeg4 decoder in Lagos.

all,
See me see trouble ooo.See what my past friendship with Gov.Daniel landed me into.I am now being branded an assassin by a newspaper columnist over the Ogun state brouhaha.Please read the full column through this link.Read the last paragraph.what do I do to this stupid columnist-court or, ?this is the link- http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/9813/1/In-Ogun-Ziggy-politics-continues/Page1.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ BLAKSTAR

You are the man! Thanks for ya help. God bless you with two beautiful wives. Wil call u up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2009
toxnaija:

all,
where can I get mpeg 4 decoder in Lagos?

Ekoonibaje,
I think you should tell the house the price ur g+ is going for.pls help me make enquiries about mpeg4 decoder in Lagos.

all,
See me see trouble ooo.See what my past friendship with Gov.Daniel landed me into.I am now being branded an assassin by a newspaper columnist over the Ogun state brouhaha.Please read the full column through this link.Read the last paragraph.what do I do to this stupid columnist-court or, ?this is the link- http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/9813/1/In-Ogun-Ziggy-politics-continues/Page1.html

[Quote] Through the instrumentality of Ziggysm, he deceived ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo twice, fought with his daughter, Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, cheated Ibikunle Amosun, and disagreed with Jubril Martins Kuye, Senator Lekan Mustapha and others. This emperor called OGD compels his commissioners to kneel down when addressing him. He should by now no that his days in power are numbered. The nude picture of Alausa published in Compasss is a continuation of Ziggy politics in Ogun and it would certainly lead to a chain of events the end of which OGD would gnash his teeth over very soon.

In conclusion, OGD once sends assailants after me when I was the editor of National Life newspaper. A guy who identified himself as Tokunbo with phone numbers; 08023337877 and 08052424406 came with his gang to look for me in the office. We later traced him to be working for a notorious serving commissioner in OGD’s cabinet. If anything happens to me, OGD should be held responsible.[/quote]

shocked shocked shocked This is really sad! cry Politics in Nigeria has turned into the harassment and killing of opponents instead of looking out for the well being of the country. Tox, as long as you're innocent of these accusations, I advice you take this matter to court. This is a serious accusation and should be treated as such. Sorry for all these nonesense. sad
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2009
@ecowas4all
Ah! it's a surprise not to see the post I sent yesterday as a reply to your post. I am glad to say I am heading some where better with my mesh - pan conversion. it hasn't been easy to find a big sized mesh (4m) or more. I will call you.

@sikadicious
I like ur name, but hwe na wo endi sika pii grin

@Blackstars
I congratulate u for the breakthrough.
@all greetz
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by tijays: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2009
Please, which size of dish did you use to get the MUITI TV on Astra 2B?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2009
F-Marshall,
I will be on Radio Continental,Lagos Monday morning (10-12noon) to deal with him.My lawyers will sue his ass.I just cant believe this.I have not slaughtered a fowl in 10 years,why human beings now?Even when my ostriches died last year,I wept like a kid!!!Thanks for being there.You can listen online via tvc.com.ng at 0900hrs GMT.Click on Radio Continental.what if he was killed anyhow,the police would definitely be on my trail!!!God save us from wahala oooo.Atimes,it is dangerous or risky to make friends with big people in the society.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
@uchesnna,
Looks like microgiant helped you out on your question. There is really no way of knowing
tps with strongest signal level on lyngsat unless you try out the bird. Like micro said, a
strong tp in one location could be very weak on may not show green in another location.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
@toxnaija,
No mind all these people wey no dey check their stories well before
dem rush go publish. Unless he apologizes publicly, you can go ahead
and sue his ass!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2009
iwes:

@All

@iwes,
You seem so particular about this inclined orbit theory of yours. Either you didn't bother to check that link
I gave you or you didn't understand its content. Whichever it is, you're still missing the point. Knowing how
to track a particular satellite has nothing to do with whether it is inclined or not inclined. The basic info you
need as an enthusiast is the tracking frequency and of course you should know which direction to point-
whether east or west and you will nail any bird inclined or not.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 3:53am On Jul 11, 2009
Thanks alot Blakstars
i got ur mail i learnt alot, i want 2 kn if d pci card wil remain insid my laptop as long as am watchin d stuff on a tv set. Thank & God bless. Email= ken43real@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2009
@Toxnaija, This is an assult on your personality moreover when your fone are displayed for 30 million nigerians to see and in case of any evetuallties that will be the first thing how I wish you tackle the issue seriously on air infact I will be happy to listen to the programme though Iam in Abuja. Pls make sure that your lawyer is aware of this. May the Lord deliver us from troubles, amen
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:40pm On Jul 11, 2009
ugo .c:

Thanks alot Blakstars
i want 2 kn if d pci card wil remain insid my laptop as long as am watchin d stuff on a tv set.

I don't know the kind of laptop you are talking of here, the little i know of computers, there is no way you can fix a PCI card in a laptop. what you can fix in a laptop is either a PCMIA Card or alternative you can use an external USB TV tuner. If you are referring the the satellite tv card displayed by spaceman it can only work in a desktop PC.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Okute(m): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2009
All:
All the gurus in the house please someone help me explain weather g+ is working and how much it cost me from scratch I mean both the dish and instalation.I already have strong srt 4663x with two 1m dish and one 65 cm dish for sirius4,w3a,nss7,pass 7,10.my email iogbonna85@gmail.com or iogbonna85@yahoo.com.thaking u in advance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2009
@All,
All channels in Nile seems to be free for now. All the ones with dollar signs that I can receive are opening on my strong 4663x receiver without any card. Please enjoy while it lasts.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2009
microgiant:

I don't know the kind of laptop you are talking of here, the little i know of computers, there is no way you can fix a PCI card in a laptop. what you can fix in a laptop is either a PCMIA Card or alternative you can use an external USB TV tuner.  If you are referring the the satellite tv card displayed by spaceman it can only work in a desktop PC.

I will not be able to answer your question correctly for now unless I do some research. But note that you can buy a USB DVBS BOX. This box contains the PCI card and it can be easily connected to both the desktop PC or notebook via a USB cable which normally comes with the package. I have a SatBox at home which I have not used. It is very good for watching digital satellite TV on the computer, Listening to digital satellite radio and Recording of TV shows.
For more information check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145229.32.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2009
greetings my people
George_D and microgiant

how u all de. i hope better. we thanked God for everything . really we are doing well . thanks for the reply of my post . remain blees,

i also all thank the people who discovered about the muti tv bird breaking code .u all are great for real. lets be our bro keper and show corners when the time reaches. LONG LIVE NAIRA LAND LONG LIVE NIGERIA AMEN

LOVE

UCHESNNA WRITES

BELOW INFOR ON
Philips tuner IC receives analogue, digital terrestrial broadcasts

Philips tuner IC receives analogue, digital terrestrial broadcasts
Posted: 06 Jun 2006

Subscribe Add to Favorites Print Version
Webinar
Keithley - Tips and Tricks in using Guard outputnew!
Keithley - Photovoltaic Measurements: Testing the Electrical Properties of Today’s Solar Cellsnew!
>>More Webinars
Top Ranked Articles
Intel, Huawei join hands for WiMAX lab
Huawei India centre gets Level 5 certification
Zigbee gets greener
High-quality ArticlesWelcome! Search for ' PHILIPS HYBRID SILICON -DVB-S' on EE Times-India.

Royal Philips Electronics has introduced a multi-standard hybrid silicon tuner IC capable of receiving both analogue and digital terrestrial broadcasts.

According to the company, the TDA18271HD tuner chip offers fast time-to-market, space savings, HD picture quality and significant cost advantages. It promises to deliver a field-proven, production ready reference design; reduce bill-of-materials by up to 25 per cent; and meet CENELEC and Nordig specifications. Touted to be significantly smaller than traditional can tuners, this device has a power consumption of less than 800mW.

"In the past, PC makers had to use bulky can tuners to reach high performance reception, high picture quality and low power consumption", said Robert Murray, marketing director for TV front end solutions at Philips. "Today our considerably smaller hybrid silicon tuner reaches the same performance while significantly reducing systems costs. Our production ready reference designs pass both Nordig Unified and CENELEC and make sure that customers will get their PVR capable products quicker into the homes of the consumers at an affordable price."

Philips said they were able to achieve this by being the first to provide an integrated splitter and feed-through in its silicon tuners that make it easy to chain them in multi-tuner systems. This step alone brings significant cost savings compared to any existing multi-tuner solutions, added the company.

The TDA18271HD silicon tuner, combined with a channel decoder (TDA10048) and a video-decoder (SAA713x), provides a full system for PCTV hybrid terrestrial applications at low power consumption. The integration of the analogue IF demodulator in video decoders reduces the overall system size and cost, while lowering the cost of DTV only systems, explained Philips.

Within the TDA18271HD are RF tracking filters for unwanted signal suppression, IF selectivity and RF output for easy implementation in PVR dual tuner based cards. Features such as multi-tuner configuration and loop-through for easy chaining of tuners were designed based on the input of leading manufacturers. The TDA18271HD offers 60dB image rejection, 5dB noise figure and a power consumption of 780mW.

Samples of the TDA18271HD are already available. Production quantities are expected for Q3 2006. Per unit pricing is less than Rs.225.55 ($5) for quantities of 10,000 units.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2009
hi bros can someone tel me if crtv can wek on strong reciever pls,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
@all all this talk about pci card and downloading a multi converter that converts mpeg 2 to mpeg 4 is cool especially if you have the time . but why not go get an mpeg 4 receiver and save yourself the trouble of frying your receiver and later crying for help on how to patch original boot, an mpeg receiver is about 16k. check it out and enjoy .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2009
@iwes,
Check out this link for the same footprint by dish size website. This page gives a more detailed
explanation of highly elliptical orbits (HEOs) medium elliptical orbits (MEOs) low elliptical orbits (LEOs)
and much more. Pls print it out and read in your spare time.

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/geodef.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2009
Okute:

All:
All the gurus in the house please someone help me explain weather g+ is working and how much it cost me from scratch I mean both the dish and instalation.I already have strong srt 4663x with two 1m dish and one 65 cm dish for sirius4,w3a,nss7,pass 7,10.my email iogbonna85@gmail.com or iogbonna85@yahoo.com.thaking u in advance.

@Okute,
You're fishing in the wrong waters. Nobody here will discuss g+ with you. What do you take this thread for?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:21am On Jul 12, 2009
@ iwe i dont know what u mean by satellite tha falls out of line like w3a and nilesat. When motorizing a 2.4m dish all the satellites u mention falls within the same arc, the only satellite that might fall out of arc should be badr which i believe ll fall in with others if a bigger dish is used, so my brother no satellite is out of line with others and all the satellites re beamed to either east or west. W3a seems to be facing south east when V polization is used and direct east when H polization is used, i guess is due to offset dishes we use for them which makes them looks different in azimuth, even pas710ku and w4 face different azimuth direction even when they re all beam in the east. But with prime focus dishes u can align all the satellites to fall in the same satellite arc even nilesat. It was only badr that ve not be able to fall in the same line with others. @ Emexi if mpeg 4 receiver is 16k then it should be better for us all to go for daarsat receiver which is 18k since daarsat is still free,what do u think? @ olofofo help check for mpe4 receiver in alaba market which ll be like 10k or less even if na tokunbo. @ all i noticed so many repeatations of what we ve treated so far in previous chapters, please lets move forward to more discoveries.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:19am On Jul 12, 2009
@Pito

What is happening? The msg was repeated four times. Or you've taken some of Ghana's Pito? lol
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2009
@ George D, Spaceman , Microgaint, Pitodenz,

Thanks for the info, I appreciate.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2009
salamander:

@Pito

What is happening? The msg was repeated four times. Or you've taken some of Ghana's Pito? lol
I always experiment new ftb. Moderator should help delect the duplicates please.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2009
@ ekonibaje. I hv sent u a mail. Check and get back to me or better still give me a call
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2009
@pito,
This is not your usual ftb, what's happening? Or, are you on to JonDo now?
I tried configuring mine but the thing no connect at all.

@iwes,
You're welcome anytime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.