Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:50 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262398 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
xwallace:

Men well done,u pple are doing a great work. Pls, i want to ascertain from those that are living at Enugu,if anyone is receiving nilesat using 1.8m dish.Your answer is necessary to me.
@xwallace.Yes,you can receive nilesat with 1.8m dish in Enugu.You may also need to buy PBI lnb.Based on our investigations,its performance is better than that of FUJI especially in terms of signal stability.However,as the saying goes,the bigger the better .I may still advice you to go for 2.4m strong pan dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by seunoluomo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
olofofo,plsssssssssssssssssssssssss

please ,i want you to get me the name of the installer who is in lagos so we can sit down together to think and install 1.8m dish and can i increase in 2m (if possible) .remember it is going to be a 1.8m or 2m rotational dish with c-band and two ku-band. how much will it cost me and where is the best place to get equipment including the decoder that isvery good for the dish
seunoluomo@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by loluskysat(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ All

I have succeeded in motorizing my 2.4m dish, and now i receive channels from 24 satellite positions instead of the 18 i used to get with my 1.8m dish. Although.i did not get Hotbird, i was able to track Hispasat with few channels coming up. I will continue this weekend.

@ Olofofo
Everything comes to 230 less transportation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
enitan2002
I believe you mean eduzo. I F YOU READ THAT POST AGAIN, you will find that the statement is metaphorical.
spacevice
got you.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ george D
  sorry bout the thunder stuff I really feel for you as it also destroyed my c band and my diseqc,
@adewest
  thanks for your advice about earthing,pls help me out on how to go about it. i cant rememder the page where someone talked about it sometimes ago
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Gorege d
I am still waiting for your reply as per getting 2.4 fibre dish to track my nilesat since I am still a beginner
@ jujukemist
long time bro, I was at kD but was scared to call on you since you have not forgiven an erring brother.whatever when they resume strike I will come personally to tell you I am very sorry it was not delibrate na lack of access cause it which will soon be over, pls forgive I am deeply sorry,HOPE YOU ARE FINE. SHALOM
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
@george_d
can i watch premiership and football matches on 90cm w4,sirus 4 and intelsat 7/10
as you guess
please let me know cos it seems i will be going for a 3m dish now
how much does 3 mn cost?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
@osef Routing and Grounding the Cables

1. Attach the grounding block to the side of your house close to the point you have chosen as the coaxial cable entry point. You may have to use anchors, togglers, or wood screws depending on the surface on which you are mounting the grounding block.

Step 1: Attach the grounding block to side of your house at your designated entry point.

CAUTION: It is extremely important to ground the dish AND the coaxial cables to a single point in the central building ground. A nearby lightning strike can easily damage an ungrounded dish, the receiver and your TV. Connecting both ground wires to the same point in the central building ground meets code requirements and provides the best protection for your equipment.

2. Route the coaxial cable and messenger (ground) wire from the bottom of the mast to the grounding block.

3. Make a 3"- 5" drip loop using cable clips at the grounding block. This will prevent water from running into the connection at the grounding block.

4. Place some silicone grease on the connector and connect the coaxial cable to the grounding block

5. Secure the messenger (ground) wire to the grounding block.

6. Locate the central building ground.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
@olofofo
i need  a hh motor
how do i go about it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ osef
Routing and Grounding the Cables contd

7. Use a grounding wire (#10 copper or #8 aluminum) that will extend from the grounding block to the central building ground. Attach the grounding wire to the grounding block by placing it through the wire hole in the grounding block and tightening the screw.

8. Route the grounding wire from the grounding block to the central building ground, and connect to the central building ground.

Cable Routing Tips

• If you are routing the grounding wire along the ground, make sure the wire is buried deep enough so that it will not be damaged or uncovered.

• If you are routing the wire or cable above the ground, use cable clips to secure the two to a wall or surface.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
@george_d
can i watch premiership and football matches on 90cm w4,sirus 4 and intelsat 7/10
as you guess
please let me know cos it seems i will be going for a 3m dish now
how much does 3 mn cost?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
@skylolo112,
There are no free stations on w4 at the moment, unless you want to
subscribe to dstv, hitv or trend.
As for sirius 4, there are occasional feeds you can hook up to and etv
on intelsat 7/10 shows some delayed matches at times.

The price of a 3m fibre is dependent on your location. Here you can get
a new one for about 45k. In lagos, it might be cheaper. But you can
always go for fairly used if you can't afford a new one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
osef:

@ Gorege d
I am still waiting for your reply as per getting 2.4 fibre dish to track my nilesat since I am still a beginner

@osef,
If you're going to use 2.4m, better go for STRONG PAN dish. For 3m and above, then fibre will
be the best bet. As for tracking, refer to page 11 of this tread. There I gave detailed account
of my own nilesat installation and the issues surrounding it. I'm sure you can learn a thing or
two there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
George,
I am very sorry about thr thunder.I am sure you can find a solution to the problem.
Any new development on ab4a?

Enitan/other silent members,
how body?

all,
I will like to sound it clear here that I am not a card agent or representative as so many people have been calling me quoting some members as directing them to me for negotiations on cards especially the g magic.Pls no more calls on cards.thanks.
On the premiership rights been lost by Showtime,is it possible for AD Sports to handle it with just one channel?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Thanks for the call tonight. I will surely contact that your man and see how to
speedy up the lightning arrestor installation.

@all,
House/dish earthing and lightning arrestors are two different things altogether.
I think it's better to dissipate the lightning strike from source than to allow it hit
the house or dish with the hope that the earthing will save the day.

My nilesat dish was earthed up to the lnb tip and yet thunder still had a field day
with it grin

@toxnaija,
I'm surely going to fix this thunder debacle. As microgiant noted above, its getting
too much in as many months.

No developments on ab4a that I know of but Dejsam posted this tp:11859v 27500sr
You can check it out and see if it turns green at your end.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2009
@skylolo112

HH motor is 7k exclusive of sending cost to you. call me 08033401080

@loluskysat

i go holla you on the phone tomorrow. so that we finalize.

@seunoluomo

call me
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 3:08am On Jul 15, 2009
emexi
Any luck with the microemulator?
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 3:16am On Jul 15, 2009
George D
please accept my sympathy on the lightning strike. Nature sometimes deals us a hand that is not that good but we've got to play the hand anyway. Sorry about this.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 7:02am On Jul 15, 2009
@all.
My mbc on w3a refuses to go green, while others station on that same w3a are all showing. Is it that the dish moved or mbc have network problem?
Please i need assistant
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 15, 2009
When it is said satellites are placed at a certain degree in space, this can be explained in a simple way. At a particular height of about 36000km in the atmosphere, when traced from the equator of the earth's surface an imaginary line is taken into consideration and this line is also known as the clarke's belt. So when it is said a satellite is placed at 7E, this means that it is place at longitude 7E along that clarke's belt line in space. So therefore, countries like Nigeria found within the longitude of 6E is very close to the location where the satellite is placed. So for that bird to be tracked from such region it means the bird is like directly above the location, so automatically the elevation will be facing up. Thats why we have high elevation poitning to the sky in tracking birds between 10E to 10W, birds like sirus, w3A, Nile have high elevations.
So, if we take a look at how the earth globe is taking africa to be the centre of focus, the best we can see to the east is about 68E to 72E, while the same applies to the west. Thats why it is only the satellites placed at this degree can be tracked from this location, any other ones are out of sight, i.e also saying their elevation will be going negative if calculated which means it is pratically impossible, no matter the size of dish being used in tracking.
In summary, these birds locations means the longitude where they are placed in the Clarke's belt region, which goes also to what we have on the earth geographical surface.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 7:24am On Jul 15, 2009
@emeystan, sometimes  the  broadcasting coperation of mauritiaus  goes off the air for periodic  mantainance, just have  alittle patience   , i,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2009
Gangsta 101
spacevice
pito
the EAGLE is a code name for a phone browser that some of you will be familiar with. What i found from some friends outside of this forum is that,with the right software one can run it on the pc or laptop. It is quite fast. However i have also discovered that when one tries to download stuff it slows. It may well be that one hasn't configured this properly. Hence my last post to emexi on the microemulator. One needs the microemulator for this.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2009
@ emeystan
Though yesterday was the first tyme to track W3a, I gunned it down with no difficulty within a minute. I got all other station up on green, but the MBCs came up freezing and finally dissapeared, all effoert to get them back proved abortive. nevertheless, lets keep checking as emexi as stated. litle pati---ee----nnn--ccc--e
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 9:32am On Jul 15, 2009
@emeystan, no need to touch ur dish. H had same problem in the night but the difference is that mine i cracking a little bit.
@george-D, these satellite signals are funny some times. Could u believe that after i stopped recieving france24 in the night for over a month now, the stupid thing hit 64% last night. Not that its important but i just fancy the english news. Pls can you help me out on this one. I have a rod that can be attached on my c-band lnb. Is it possible to track any ku bird with it since i'm on 22w.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2009
Join the revolution of #LightupNigeria!!! The awareness is on, on twitter, facebook everywhere. We must let our leaders know that enough is enough
#LightupNigeria#
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296328.0.html#msg4189918

My own slogan for this forum is - #LightupNigeria - So I can track bird without having to use UPS or Generator.
If you want to be part of the crusade, visit these links

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23LightupNigeria
http://wthashtag.com/Lightupnigeria

The awareness is growing - #LightupNigeria
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 11:57am On Jul 15, 2009
@ Oga Olason
Goodday sir,
please dont forget to add me on yahoo so as to send those stuffsmiley
niddle_9@yahoo.com
My regards to the Family.
@Baba Badaru1
Ran ka dede sir,
Thank You so much Sir.
@Ifende
My Bros,
How your end sir?
quite a long time, I hope all abj is fine sir.
Best wishes sir.
wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
hi bros pls ineed help abuot 7.oE THE KOKO TV there is no siginal ON this freequency 10969v2354 & my dish siz is 90.CM PLS HELP ME,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by seunoluomo(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2009
dejsam,

pls reply me fast cos i need it seriously now ,

making reference to the dish you pasted here on page 89,i want to know if i can make of use such(i.e 1 c-band and 2 ku-band lnb on 1.8m dish motorised) and how much will cost me install it.i guess i will pick alot of channels
reply please

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayol: 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2009
Thank you Olofofo.

We spoke on phone today. I will contact you soon. If there is any other thing that I need to know before we proceed kindly me know.

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2009
seunoluomo:

dejsam,

pls reply me fast cos i need it seriously now ,

making reference to the dish you pasted here on page 89,i want to know if i can make of use such(i.e 1 c-band and 2 ku-band lnb on 1.8m dish motorised) and how much will cost me install it.i guess i will pick alot of channels
reply please

@seunoluomo,

u will rather use 2 c-band lnbs.

one will be with di-electric and the other with out di-electric and one ku lnb(either digisat or fuji).the one with out di-electric will take care of 68.5 deg east signal(sabc) and the one with dielectric will take care of other c-band birds and the ku-lnb will take care of all the ku signals.

other things u will require are-the dish,disect positioner if u want,jack,the wires for both the set up and the positioner,then any receiver of ur choice.

u can find out the cost of the set up from people in lagos area as they can get them for u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
Kudoz to all my big bros in the room most especially twinsetaiye, olofofo, xwallace, gangsta101,eduzo,George_D,blexxonmak & other memba of G-group, i want all G-group memba to look themself as a president of a nation who takecare of rest citizen, i hereby apeal to u bros to pls provide me a patch that will open strong 4653 on mytv
my email; (olatiler@gmail.com) thanks bros.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.