Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262691 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayol: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
Thank you everyone. Special thanks out for George D and iwes.

I really appreciate you guys. I am currently in Surulere, Lagos. Kindly state where I can get all this equipment. As per the Decoder, will strong SRT 4653X be ok? In the previous thread from part 1, it state that you can get it at Alaba market. Is there anybody that can help one to buy and connect it? what is the possibility to receive nilesat at my location with 1.8m dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2009
seunoluomo:

pls i need to know how much it will cost me to mount 1.8 dish(rotation) with lnb and with is better for free to air ku- band or c-bnad.pls reply me
my email is seunoluomo@yahoo.co.uk
it ios for you george_d i am on yahoo now
plssssssssssssssssss

@seunoluomo,
A 1.8m (pan) dish costs about 12k here. Jack (regular 24 inch) costs N3,500,
positioner (stand alone) N3,500. Strong C-band LNB is about N4,000. Strong KU
band LNB cost about N500. A roll of RG6 cable is about N1,000. I think people like
olofofo in lagos can give you better prices as they are always cheaper there
compared to here.

And as far as for FTA is concerned, there is no 'better' lnb between C and KU band
-as you suggest. It all depends on what bird you're interested in - whether it is a
DTH or out-of-footprint satellite and the channels it carries. Same rule applies to pan
dishes and mesh.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ayol,
Refer to the post above in my reply to seunoluomo. I am sure you'll find some of your answers
there. And in addition, yes you can get all the listed items at Alaba but beware of fakes. Once
they know that you're new in this field, there is every tendency that some (not all) of the dubious
sellers might want to capitalize on your ignorance. As for strong 4653X there are no original ones
in the market for now. Save yourself the inconvenience and go for the new strong 4663X.

Also, you can get nilesat in lagos with 1.8m PAN  dish but you'll need to be an expert to track
it. Even after you succeed in tracking it you may not enjoy it much because only the vertical tps
will be stable. For better results, pls go for 2.4m pan.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayol: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
Hello George D,

Am in lagos. how can I get intouch with olofofo?

Thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
Eduzo/Emexi,

my email is spacevice@yahoo.com. I need u to give me info on Your - freedom and this EAGLE u guys are talking abt. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ emezi,
whpo told u freedom is slow, freedom rocks only if you know the right IP
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jibrill7(m): 6:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
HI ALL
AM NEW IN THIS FORUM,CAN ANY BODY GIVE ME A SITE WHERE I CAN GET FREE MPEG4 SOFTWARE ?
PLEASE HELPPPPPP
undecided
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jibrill7(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3]
« #2745 on: July 08, 2009, 07:47 PM »

HI - OKAY LET ME EXPLAIN - WITH THE PCI CARD - IT IS CALLED LITEWAVE SATELLITE PCI CARD - BUT THE ORIGINAL NAME IS PHILLIPS HYBRID SILICON -DVB-S - WITH THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE THAT IT CAME WITH IT RECOGNIZES DVB-S2 CHANNELS AS AUDIO OR RADIO - SAME AS PROGDVB - BUT I FOUND A NEW SOFTWARE CALLED DREAMDVB AND I INSTALLED IT - IT KINDA ALLOWS YOU TO USE THE CODECS THAT YOU INSTALL ON YOUR PC TO RUN WITH - IN MY CASE I INSTALLED KLITE CODEC 3.44 WHICH IS OLD - AND YOU KNOW DVB-S2{THOSE ARE HD CHANNELS IE DAARSAT AND MULTI TV} SO THE SOFTWARE NEEDED H.264/AVC CODEC TO OPEN THOSE CHANNELS - I SAID A BIG AMEN WHEN MY FIRST CHANNEL CALLED JOYTV POPPED UP - I HAVE TO UPGRADE TO KLITE LATEST VERSION -

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AND i WILL BE SOHAPPY TO SHARE IT WITH ANYBODY - GOTTA GO TO WORK - I'LL DROP ANOTHER LINE LATER

PLEASE SIKADICIUS.
REFER TO THE ABOVE, HOW CAN I GET THIS SOFTWARE ?
I MEAN ON WHICH SITE I CAN GET THIS SOFTWARE?
AM JIBRILL 7 AND NEW AT FORUM
HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
Men well done,u pple are doing a great work. Pls, i want to ascertain from those that are living at Enugu,if anyone is receiving nilesat using 1.8m dish.Your answer is necessary to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ayol,
Contact enitan. He can equally be of of help or ask him to
link you up with olofofo or ekonibaje in lagos.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayol: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
Thank you George D

You are highly appreciated.

Regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, e don happen o! That magic thunder that struck yesterday evening has put all my dishes
out of action o! The thing just come like a bolt out of the blues come knock out all my LNBs gbosa!
Now all my major dishes are down except the 90cm. Na wao! shocked It looks like I will need to accelerate
work on that lightning arrestor we talked about earlier. This our area is too much thunder prone it is
dangerous staying without such an important facility sad
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
George_D,
Please do a confirmatory test to be sure that the lnbs are bad. Or is it that your dishes shifted out of alignment? Whatever the case, installing a lightening arrestor will not only prevent your lnbs from failing, it will also protect your electronics at home and any body within the coverage area. You need to start saving towards the installation of at least a lightening arrestor. The thing cost small o!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05pm On Jul 13, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
I have been doing confirmatory tests within the house since and yesterday and
it doesn't look good at all. Tomorrow, i plan to shift the troubleshooting outside to
the dishes and see what I can find. This is very painful indeed. I was inside the living
room when it happened and I actually saw live fire jump out of socket area!

E just be like say dem throw bomb eeee gboom! ha, even madam self shout 'blood of
jesus' from inside the room shocked
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sikadicius: 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ Jibrrii - you can get the software on the internet - just google for dreamdvb and download it - download klite codec 3 and 4 versions and you can also make powerdvd or cyberlink codec as option for the H.264 - using the pci card - you now select the symbol rate and scan for the channels -
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
We have been having near-misses with this lighning thing for a while
that was why I was thinking of installing that arrestor. Myself and my
electrician even went to market to get the prices of components on
saturday. Funny enough, the thunder struck the very next day sunday.

e be like say dem send am come! sad shocked
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 6:04am On Jul 14, 2009
NOTE!! the easiest way to prevent your lnb from
been destroyed by lightening is
by,switching your
receiver off completely from
mains (socket) power supply when there is heavy rain.
the c band lnb can be easily destroyed by thunder cos it
conductors more
electricity than the  offset ku lnb
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2009
@Georg,my sympathy pls!cfm by testing ur dvb wit a svcble dish.And it seems ur house is close to rocks,is it ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2009
@ll,even with ur electronics disconnected fm pwr & lnb feed,tendency of thunder strike is still eminent once d LNB feed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 7:45am On Jul 14, 2009
CONT-is disconnected but stil hanging within d room.Thunder light can be relay in d form of an air gap of a spk plug
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 7:52am On Jul 14, 2009
CONT-Dependg on density of d lightening.Advice u earth ur setup via d disecq spot. Happy FTA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2009
@olason
thanks very much for directing me on the instalation of my dish. It was not easy tracking w3a, it took me 2hours to get the signal. Am very happy that i was able to do it myself. I want to install 65cm dish to track nss 7. Please i need the tp that will be very good to track the sat.
@ all, i did not see anything like sirus4 in my decoder. Am using strong 4653x, what i saw is sirus 2/3. Pls help me out because i will like to track that sat
i would have gone for 2.4m dish, but the problem is space. You cannot install such thing when you live in a public yard most especially in ajegunle.
One love fta fans
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 9:23am On Jul 14, 2009
George_D:

@BUTONEDAY,
I have been doing confirmatory tests within the house since and yesterday and
it doesn't look good at all. Tomorrow, i plan to shift the troubleshooting outside to
the dishes and see what I can find. This is very painful indeed. I was inside the living
room when it happened and I actually saw live fire jump out of socket area!

E just be like say dem throw bomb eeee gboom! ha, even madam self shout 'blood of
jesus' from inside the room shocked

@ George_D Oohhhhhhhhhhh!!! sorry to hear that your equipment was stuck by lightning, i hope you will do your best to get new ones as quick as possible, some members could also help giving you one item they can get from their stock( lnb, decoder, lightning arrestor, ) this sad information may lead us to a new thread, how to protect one's equipment
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 9:35am On Jul 14, 2009
@ George,
take heart. we are all learning different things every day.
emeystan:

@ all, i did not see anything like sirus4 in my decoder. Am using strong 4653x, what i saw is sirus 2/3. Pls help me out because i will like to track that sat
i would have gone for 2.4m dish, but the problem is space. You cannot install such thing when you live in a public yard most especially in ajegunle.
One love fta fans
@emeystan,
Bros Sirius 3 and 4 share same location to my understanding.
U just add the tp u want to track, that is if its not on ur dx. then carry go with the way u use to track other birds. i use 4663x and its just as u stated
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2009
@odilibe,
We always switch off our electronics and unplug from the socket whenever
it's about to rain. But this time, the clouds were only gathering and no rain
yet. The next thing we heard was the thunder blast from nowhere. Very
strange indeed.

@adewest,
Thanks for the advice. Na so e dey be sometimes.

@JMS,
Thanks for the sympathy. It's a big lesson for me. I need to suspend every
other thing now and get that arrestor installed.
Who knows what else will get damaged next time?

@spaceman,
I hear you. No wahala.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2009
@ Georg
I can see u are online.
This is my yahoo Id. ucan reach me so that I can chat with u when neccessary:
onlyshehu@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 10:10am On Jul 14, 2009
@George D

Can you kindly tell me how much a 2.4 m Pan dish cost. I have a 1.8 m Pan for Internet and had been thinking on how to convert it to receive Nilesat. But i think a 2.4 m pan will be better
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2009
rescan ur W3A for KOTO TV
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2009
@spaceman,
I've just added you but you still need to accept.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:40am On Jul 14, 2009
@George
Sorry for what happened to you, I think you should be more carefull as this is the second time within two months. Lest it gets beyond the LNB. shocked The rate at which you are directing people to go FTA, i overheard PayTV providers are consulting one babalawo to take out all the dishes, receivers, lnbs and juju, coco everything possible grin
Gangsta101:

Everyone,
You know we never really came to a decision on what caused the Showtime/ART revolution on abracadabra. the general consensus initially was that the manufacturers of the Echolink made an arrangement with the broadcasters to allow them provide these packages to areas of fringe reception where their legal right to broadcast does not necessarily extend. But the question i couldn't get outta my head was 'What's in it for them?' Cos in they can't really stop the decoders/cards from entering into their domain when they allow their keys to be easily accessed.
another thing that makes that whole thing sound wrong is that all the broadcasters affected all encode their broadcast with IRDETO 2. My personal belief is that since the irdeto 2 encryption system had been cracked a ways back, these cards (abracadabra and coco) are just a concerted effort by the hackers to put the system out in a manner that is sustained and non-stop. (Though you would have to wonder what's in it for them, also why a fully registered and legitimate company like echolink would go into business with these 'Hackers').
so what do you guys think?

No provider goes into agreement to open whole package for fringe reception, what is normally done is one where a decoder is used like strong for mytv, for advert people may be tricked into buying the decoder by opening one or two channels for them to watch free. after sometime say 1-6 months it is encrypted again.

What you should understand is that in advance countries there is no law against selling, buying or using a decoder other than the paytv's decoders, with competition, originally what the manufacturers did was to bring the decoders without capability to open any packages, and indirectly point purchasers to websites to download software to enable the decoders open packages. E.g you will see disclaimers like "IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE FROM NAIRALAND.COM INTO YOUR DECODER IT VOIDS THE WARRANTY OF THIS PRODUCT. indirectly they are telling the purchaser to download software from that site. Atimes importers and sellers may contact hackers to do the job for them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2009
@Buben,
A 2.4m pan will cost you about 22k to 24k in lagos. Pls go for original STRONG.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 11:59am On Jul 14, 2009
@all,

good news for nilesat users:

ORBIT IN NILE SAT WORK WITH SHOWTIME
Super Movies
BBC Prime
America Plus
Super Comedy
11859 V 27500

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.