Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,308 members, 7,853,428 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262720 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ George D

sorry o,
I pray that God gives you the capability to be able to replace the damaged equipments as soon as possible. Please take heart.

@All
Can the Daarsat Mpeg4(HD) decoder be use to receive Multi TV package (Ghana) , or any other Mpeg4 (HD) satellite transmission.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2009
olatiler:

Kudoz to all my big bros in the room most especially twinsetaiye, olofofo, xwallace, gangsta101,eduzo,George_D,blexxonmak & other memba of G-group, i want all G-group memba to look themself as a president of a nation who takecare of rest citizen, i hereby apeal to u bros to pls provide me a patch that will open strong 4653 on mytv
my email; (olatiler@gmail.com) thanks bros.
@olatiler. There is no latest update for strong 4653x mytv patch for now.If there is ,I bet you will have it.All you can do for now is to wait and pray.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2009
@iwes. I guess it is very possible only that I have not tried it out myself.Why dont you give it a trial and keep the house posted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ all yesterday i used daarsat receiver on a 2.4m mesh dish motorize setup. The outcome was superp,i got more than 16 different satellites locations including multitv ghana and daarsat itself. The only disadvantage is that the receiver is not patched so no etv and sabc. So if multitv can give us such a wonderful package for free,i think it is time we start looking for mpe4 receivers. Olofofo plz help look for a cheaper mpe4 receiver in Alaba market cos that ll relief so many from nilesat. @ George D This nilesat dish don worry u enough na waa,take heart that is the spirit of FTA make sure u get mpe4 receiver as to complete ur FTA setup.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 6:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
Eduzo i need this eagle stuff.here is email,iogbonna85@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
@eduzo,
It's been long this thunder thing has been playing hit and miss with my dish ever
since its installation. I guess it finally hit the bull's eye this time-just at a time i
was preparing its solution. Yes, like you said, it's nature's hand so no need crying
over spilled milk. What remains to be done now is to quantify the damage, learn
the lesson and put measures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.

@pitodenz,
That was quite an achievement with daarsat decoder. For that price and without
blind-scan plus no patch, it doesn't seem attractive to me. You're right we have
to intensify efforts at getting a better MPEG4 alternative.

@iwes,
I hear you. Na so life be but no lele. I will bounce back as always smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
That your man's number is saying 'switched off'. Are you sure he has not
changed his line?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2009
George_D,
the electrician should be in one of the jungles working. He may return before the end of this week. But I know time is not on your side. The earlier you install the lightening arrestor the better.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
OK Bros. Then I better switch on to plan B. Majic THUNDER waits for no man grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2009
@George_d
thanks so much for the advice and i think i am on tabs with enitan about getting free to air working in my area,
i need to put these at rest so i can move forward,
its not w4 its w3a sorry lol

@all
its just so good to have this forum
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
@blexxonmak, you talked about pdi lnb . i want to know the cost . and equally where to buy the lnb
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
All the big guns in the house,you people are enjoying all the goodies,I dont write again because there's nothing to post.pls I be happy if u people will give me from the remnant.just EAGLE,this is my email,iogbonna85@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2009
@george

wetin do you and lightening? baby duties no dey let me keep up much these days. sorry to hear oooo,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2009
Niddle 9, no problem u can send d goodies to my box olaslasho@yahoo.com. Baba would b putting finishing touches to my new bride this sat God willing. c ya !
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2009
@all

A HITV card and receiver available for sale at a good rate.

Note: Any of the two items can be sold separately.

If interested contact me on sinewyconst@yahoo.com or 08065743525
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2009
@All

With the help of Pitodenz , I  succeeded in using  the Daarsat decoder to track multi TV package, it worked very well, but the transmission parameter setting on the decoder is a bit tricky.  I will include  the details on my next post.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
@olofofo,

I have sent you my YIM ID but you didnt add me.

Anyway, i am still very much interested in the 2.4m dish and please help me source for 4m or 4.2m dish.  I will be coming by Saturday morning.

Incase you didnt get the text with my id  this is it again sinewyconst@yahoo.com and phone number is 08065743525
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
Kudoz to all my big bros in the room most especially twinsetaiye, olofofo, xwallace, enitan2002, eduzo, George_D, bexxonmak, gangsta101 & other memba of G-group, i want all G-group memba to look themself as a president of a nation who takecare of rest citizen, i hereby apeal to u bros to pls provide me a patch that will open strong 4653 on mytv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2009
Pls who can tell me where i can get an mpeg4 decoder. And also what are the requirements to receive multitv. The tp and frequency and also the sat they are using
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2009
const6:

@olofofo,

I have sent you my YIM ID but you didnt add me.

Anyway, i am still very much interested in the 2.4m dish and please help me source for 4m or 4.2m dish. I will be coming by Saturday morning.

Incase you didnt get the text with my id this is it again sinewyconst@yahoo.com and phone number is 08065743525

i already added you oooo,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2009
All, for those calling me abt dis card or dat card, pls stop it i don't condone such.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2009
@olofofo,
My brother, no be small thing o! The way thunder dey show me for where I dey, na wao!
The first fuji lnb wey I install for my nilesat, na lightning destroy am less than a month after
installation. I quickly change am to another new one. That one sef thunder hit am miss less
than two weeks after I fix am. The last straw na the one wey happen last Sunday evening.
The thunder just come from nowhere strike our house eeeee gbosa! like say dem throw bomb!
I see live fire jump out of our house socket with my koro koro eyes. After that all my main dishes
were down-no or bad signal.

na so e take happen o! abeg make you help me beg the god of thunder say make e allow me
rest. i don tire for everyday thunder and lightning wahala.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2009
const6:

@all

A HITV card and receiver available for sale at a good rate.

Note: Any of the two items can be sold separately.

If interested contact me on sinewyconst@yahoo.com or 08065743525

@const6,
You're posting on the wrong thread. We neither buy nor sell HITV cards here else it won't
be the official free-to-air thread anymore.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
olatiler:

Kudoz to all my big bros in the room most especially twinsetaiye, olofofo, xwallace, enitan2002, eduzo, George_D, bexxonmak, gangsta101 & other memba of G-group, i want all G-group memba to look themself as a president of a nation who takecare of rest citizen, i hereby apeal to u bros to pls provide me a patch that will open strong 4653 on mytv

@olatiler,
No need for these repeated posts on the same issue. I think somebody already replied you on this
4653X patch that you're asking for. There is no working patch yet for mytv available.
Try and read answers to your post whenever you make inquiries.

And, if you so much like their channel, why don't you just subscribe? It's only N2,500 a month and
you get to watch other stations apart from mytv africa. I'm sure your kids or junior ones may even
get hooked on to Baby tv or Kidsco. Just a word.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
pls bros i want to know the position of mutitv pls,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2009
Bros Eduzo thanks I got the stuff but dont know what to do, pls direct me on how to go about it.I click on the link bt dont understand a thing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mice5eg: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
hi i live in egypt cairo i would like to ask what size of dish i must have in order to receive the intelsat 10 68.5 east please i ve a 180 dish but there is building of one extra block between the dish and the position of the satellite also the dish is horizontally pointed means there is no inclination i dont have c band lnb to see whether i cna receive it or not but i want to know whether i can receive or not before i bring the lnb so can any one help me please thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2009
For those who can receive Intelsat 905 @ 24.5w, apparently there is a feed for Channels on 4061 R 2848 2/3.

Can't receive it, so can't confirm it.

Edited
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
@ all,

if there is anyone intrested in a  5 way smart card spliter,its available at the rate of 35k.some one just showed it to me today as he just brought in

goods from the outside,including aljazeera sports valid smart cards which he is selling for 25k.though the card was formally sold for 12k b4 they got

the right for champions league.

check this sites for a sample of what card splitter looks like.but note that this one is not the wireless type.as wireless type is limited by distance or range it can cover .this one is wired and can be used in hotels and football viewing centers and domestic home use.

http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=196

http://www.satshop.tv/en/Cardsplitter/SmartWi-Card-splitter-with-wireless-radio-transmission::452.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/212120889/Wireless_sharing_smart_card.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
Dejsam,
I called my installer a few minutes ago to contact you.He has always been on the lookout for the splitter.How about the 3.5m assembled steel dish you said a guy was working on in Kano?Can I also get the frequency where Orbit is operating on on Nilesat?any development on ab4a channels that disappeared?

Lagos/Southern Nigeria members,
pls can anyone help look for a place where we can get cheap and good mpeg4 decoders.Enitan/Olofofo,I know both of u are really good in hunting for stuffs like that.We need to add it to our collections.Is it only Daarsat decoder that can pick its signals?If no,do we need an HD lnb to pick HD signals?

all,
atlantic bird 3- ortb,Benin republic 4157 h 2600/Africa no 1 4163 h 1500 all on C-band.I will try the Channels feed on Intel 905 Enigma posted on Sunday.Is RTB still on Intel905.Cant pick the signal.I will try it again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
@george_d

sorry to hear about the thunder thingy, it is well.

@toxnaija

already on a hunt for hd decoders, should have a feedback tomorrow. also no need for HD lnb, the regular lnb , i hear should should work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2009
@ALL
It seems everyone in here uses a STRONG decoder. Or is there anyone using GBS/GTV decoder, Cochip cdvb5668? How useless is that decoder?

I can get only 10 channels, all French.

What does it mean if u scroll to Sirius 4 on the GBS decoder and u see signal quality between 24-28%? I was told the 10 French channels i'm receiving are on W3A. Why then do i get that signal on Sirius 4?

FTA forever!

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.