Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,585 members, 7,847,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262400 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2009
@shegzy0, I am watching all the above channels presently. mbc 1,2 is cracking, i will post the tp you can use for mbc.
@all, what is actually wrong with mbc. Mbc is the best station on w3a, but always cracking, any solution
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pek(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2009
const6 (m)
Lagos

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3]
« #2926 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@all

A HITV card and receiver available for sale at a good rate.

Note: Any of the two items can be sold separately.

If interested contact me on sinewyconst@yahoo.com or 08065743525

SO THAT YOU SELL THEM FAKE JUST LIKE YOU GAVE ME A FAKE 4663X STRONG THAT DIDNT WORK FOR MORE TWO HOURS.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2009
@ all Fake srt4663x re out now in the market. So y'all got to be careful and make sure u purchased only the black face for now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2009
pek:

const6 (m)
Lagos

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3]
« #2926 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@all

A HITV card and receiver available for sale at a good rate.

Note: Any of the two items can be sold separately.

If interested contact me on sinewyconst@yahoo.com or 08065743525

SO THAT YOU SELL THEM FAKE JUST LIKE YOU GAVE ME A FAKE 4663X STRONG THAT DIDNT WORK FOR MORE TWO HOURS.
Like i used to say, we are one big family on this forum, and we are so into each other that, none of us will be willing to 419 each other.  I know const6, we have chatted several times and i am sure he is not fake as you said.  What is more, he put on his phone number and email, which means he has face.  Something is definitely wrong somewhere, and i am sure he will address your problem. Just be patient. 

@all
anyone who is unto const6 faster than I am should ask him to address this issue ASAP outside the forum please. I dont want new comers to have bad impression about this forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by route66(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2009
Can anyone tell ma how to unlock x-rated channel on Dstv or free to air.

Yes i am over 21 years of age.

Thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2009
route66:

Can anyone tell ma how to unlock x-rated channel on Dstv or free to air.

Yes i am over 21 years of age.

Thank you
I know. Try Route 66. LOL grin grin
Just kidding!!!. Here pal, we dont condone unlocking paytv channels. We are solely for Free to Air Satellite Television. Cheers grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 12:25pm On Jul 20, 2009
@all,

Please i am in desperate need of a 4m or 4.2m dish (fibre, pan anyone) in Lagos.

Please if you have this dish for collection please call me on 08065743525 and i will call you back.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
@spaceman, please your confirmation is incorrect LNBFsuggest that the receiver is in a bad state and needs replacing ,, where in the world do u buy an electronic product and just after using for a day it gets bad and instead of asking for another you opt for repair ,,, the bottom line is that const6 should replace the receiver and for the headache caused should complete the installation for free before tommorrows evening.i will be watching everymove by both parties
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2009
Mr Pek/ Const66,

Informing the house of the problem is one thing, but continuing the discussion on this thread with accusations is another! Please take time out from the forum to sort this out, just the two of u.

Adewest,

will definitely call u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2009
@pek
I have said it that I wont tolerate discussion of this matter on the forum. Just like gangsta101 said, the two of you should do something outside the forum.  I have said it that const6 can never con you, he has an integrity to protect, and he is a big shot in the place where he is working for him to short changed you. Let us leave it at that. I had to edit out all your counter accusations. I will also need to take const6 up on this on the way forward. so leave the discussion out of this forum pls.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2009
emexi:

@spaceman, please your confirmation is incorrect LNBFsuggest that the receiver is in a bad state and needs replacing ,,,

bros I was once tracking a bird and after sometym, I saw the signal (still red) became erratic and blinking LNBF on the Dx. I rushed to the point of connection of the cable to my lnb, removd it immediatly and the Rx stopped doing that. I mad sure the F-connector was well fixed and connected back. Everything was normal! Till 2day I still use the Dx. I suspected a bad connection or bridging, just an experience shared.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
Dear moderator, after a long week-end i hope to read good contributions from members in the house, how can you accept these kind of no sense posts taking all the page; this forum is not only for Nigeria, it serves the whole Africa, please stop, stop, stop, PEACE & LOVE!!!
@ George, can i use my fta 2.4 mesh dish to get internet via satellites. thanks & kind regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2009
@emeystan, Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. My mbc and TV Zimba TP on w3a refuses to go green, while others station on that same w3a are all showing. Is it that the dish is not properly aligned?
Please i need assistant sir. Maybe I am searching the wrong TP? Please post the tp I can use for mbc.
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pek(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2009
twinstaiye:

@pek
I have said it that I wont tolerate discussion of this matter on the forum. Just like gangsta101 said, the two of you should do something outside the forum.  I have said it that const6 can never con you, he has an integrity to protect, and he is a big shot in the place where he is working for him to short changed you. Let us leave it at that.  I had to edit out all your counter accusations. I will also need to take const6 up on this on the way forward. so leave the discussion out of this forum pls.
it is obvious this is personal. you av proved it twice. you know Constance and you want to protect him. what do you mean by my counter accusation. it is obviuos you dont know the meaning of the word.i am the one accusing him and not the other way round. if you are an impartial moderator all you would have done was no call him to order. how are we to resolve our differences when he has refused to show up. obviously , you are taking his side. deleting my posts buttress everything. i never broke any rule.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2009
shegzy0:

@emeystan, Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it. My mbc and TV Zimba TP on w3a refuses to go green, while others station on that same w3a are all showing. Is it that the dish is not properly aligned?
Please i need assistant sir. Maybe I am searching the wrong TP? Please post the tp I can use for mbc.
Regards

Dear bro, MBC tp 11192 H or V depending on the position of your lnb, since you already pick up other channels, this will work unless you are using a motorized system then you must arrange alignment or else, you have to clean your dish(not dirty), the coaxial cable should be less than 25m; finally, you must bear in mind that this the crucial period for the telecom industry, it  encounters a lot reception instability due to the fact that, at this period the sun crosses the ecuador where birds are positionned around what is called, the Arthur Clark belt.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2009
@shegzy0
I experience similar thing as u do.
I tried aligning my dish so that MBCs come on clearly rather no positive outcome.
being the only channel for me 2 enjoy English language there, I decided to leave W3.
@all
has any one experience the difficulty of using 1.8m dish (prime focus), though quite big to track both Sirius 4 and W3A using 1 lnb at its focus?
Nilesat I must say is giving me tough time.I never appreciate even my own effort at tracking off-footprint bird, until I saw an Installer struggling to keep nilesat at about 57% on the average on a 2.4m dish for all the tps that came on. before u know it it has disappeared .
1.8m guys. abi we self no try?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ pek Please listen to moderator,he's not taking on anybody side on this issue. Abi u don know what it looks like to accuse someone publicly. If u ve issue with anybody settle it outside the forum or better u can still call the moderator or any prominent member on this forum. Plz don kill our spirit of oness here cos me myself ve bought things from many of our members without even seeing them. We live by trust here. This things re electronics,they may ve factory error.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2009
Int
pek:

it is obvious this is personal. you av proved it twice. you know Constance and you want to protect him. what do you mean by my counter accusation. it is obviuos you dont know the meaning of the word.i am the one accusing him and not the other way round. if you are an impartial moderator all you would have done was no call him to order. how are we to resolve our differences when he has refused to show up. obviously , you are taking his side. deleting my posts buttress everything. i never broke any rule.
Interesting!!! You are one of those they call aggressive customer!!! OMG, You are accusing me already!!! You want to turn our forum upside down because of your claim? None of the forum members was there when you both strike a deal, and no one recommend him to you in the first instance. But, I took great pain to inform you that nobody in this forum try to cheat on others and you should be patient, and you are turning it on me. I dont condone that type of post here, this forum is highly moderated, and if we condone what you want me to condone, there is no way you can meet this forum peaceful as you met it and I wont allow you turn it into accusations and counter accusations thread!!!.  All you need man is patience, I have passed your matter to FTA google group, and I am sure concerned members will do something. Stop spamming the forum with this matter!!!
Be rest assured i will still delete any post about this matter from now henceforth, but in fairness, I will allow your post to stand this time around.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohikhena(m): 5:42pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Pek

No one is trying to take sides here all the moderator and various members are saying is that u and const6 resolve ur difference outside this forum.cos wat u are doin is tarnishing the image of this great forum.This reciever stuffs are electrical & like every other stuffs under heaven could develop faults at any time.and taking from wat pitodenz wrote a lot of transaction take place without problems and believe me all these wont happen if con men were involved.
FTA is way of life(hobby )which we all share and such all we should be doin is contributing positively to the benefit of all members.please dont sow the seeds of discord in these forum.

Shalom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by richty: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
pls, what is happning to my tv africa?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pz(m): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2009
Dear moderator, after a long week-end i hope to read good contributions from members in the house, how can you accept these kind of no sense posts taking all the page; this forum is not only for Nigeria, it serves the whole Africa, please stop, stop, stop, PEACE & LOVE!!
@ JMS
i agree with you 100%. a lot of us are learning a lot thru this forum. But i am sure the moderator has taken care of the case. Oga moderator, kudos nd keep up the good work.
@all.
i hail una in naija and beyond.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Pek, hav been following dis issure seriously wit keen interest. i want to bliev u called Constance on your own violation but then u deserve 2 have wat u paid 4. u guys should try 2 resolve this outside dis forum but not withstanding any fraudulent member must b exposed and santioned. buying and selling on this forum is strictly based on trust and anybody that would betray that trust must b giving the boot. We have tested and people of very high intergrity that u can always call upon when u ned anything concerning fta.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Constance, made Unbehalf of the elders of this great forum kindly make it up to Pek. One Luv. All, W3a has issues for now. use tv madagascar to track for now. with time mbc 1 and 3 wil be more stable. Shalom!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
@all

I met constance for the first time on saturday and he was with me when pek called like 3 times. HE explained what the issues was( he manually joined a cable during the installation and the decoder is dispalying LNBF, maybe as a result of that) and i told him how to go about solving the problem. i do not for now know if there is a fake 4633x in the market, it very very unlikely, right now any issue with the new product strong will fix it for free. so pek, do not jump to conclusions and try as much as you can to try and be a bit patient.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2009
lnbf is no big deal ,he should visit alaba and they will fix it up .

ola how body?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2009
@all

for record purpose only

i was at peter's (pek) house dis evenin n i av collectd d reciever as he didnt av light.

I wil check it, if there is need 4 it 2 be changd i wil return it 2 d point of purchase.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 6:46am On Jul 21, 2009
JMS
I totally agree with you. This thread stopped being a Nigeria-only thread the moment it was created to discuss a global topic :- Free TO Air Television. I have always maintained that this thread serves as a Definitive Reference Source for issues relating to satellite installation, decoding, and other aspects of satellite TV reception for at least Subsaharan Africa. We even have frequent contributors from the UK and US (Enigma and F_Marshal). So it is sorta sad to pop in and see these totally unnecessary drama on the thread, and we expect a Newbie to go through 300 pages of similar nonsense talk to get a good idea of FTA? It's fast becoming like a needle-haystack scenario.

On a different note, with respect to Satellite downlink via our already installed dishes, i had been researching that for a while now (actually, i was wondering how to get it free of cost like some russian student's Dvbguy once mentioned). I do know it's possible but somewhat erratic, so right now, i am making arrangements to get a DVB S2 USB device for just that purpose, with a view to subscribing to two different providers, a local dial up provider for the uplink path, and then to one of the (preferably Nilesat) satellite providers for the downlink, which i hear can be super-fast (i hear up to 230kps of actual download speeds or possibly more. Please anyone with better info can also chip in.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2009
@Const6
Good work. Do all you can to kill this matter ASAP. I trust you will.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pek(m): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2009
to all

in as much as the issue i have with const6 is personal, i beleive i have to seek opinions and advce from the same quater i met him. for  all avoidance of doubt, i never said he conned me as mr modertor is saying. all i said which i maintain is that the decoder is fake. at least mytv confirmed it. he actually would not be aware of this and in fairness to him, i see him as a gentleman. what i expected from him which anyone in my shoes would have done is to come and check out the decoder when i made the report to him, but he didnt and kept on posting me. what would anyone in my shoes have done? i dont want to smear him or as the moderator is saying, turn this thread up side down. far be it from me.
for the records, const picked the decorder last night. let him check it. but if mr constance, you need cable for it might have been the cause, then let me know so that i can get some for you.
i dont not want to talk about this again even if i dont get my decoder back
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2009
@ Pek
Thanks for taking a gentlemanly step. For you info, I have bought items worth more than =N=60k through members of this great forum, that I’ve not met in person till this moment, I’m not talking of buying and reselling to me, they actually helped me to buy without any profit for themselves. And at that point I wished everybody in Nigeria was like them, then we wouldn’t have had all this problems in this country, especially after I took delivery of my 1.8m dish, and the stress I went through getting it to my place, I just imagined what the guy went through to send it to me.

@all
Please keep up the good work and don’t let this kill the brotherly love that our leaders couldn’t provide that we are getting through this forum. PEACE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2009
@Pek
Good. You just make me a happy man. Patience is the key!!!. I am quite sure Const6 will do something about your receiver, I am sure he will. Now let us keep taking this forum forward like one big happy family we are.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2009
@ all especially Oga moderator

I think it is about time u put up ur foot on the ground. The last time i checked this forum was strictly for FTA and not a judiciary for settling disputes. Am not saying that problems between members should not be discussed but i think we are now jumping the gun. Like someone said we should know this forum is visited by people outside Nigeria and Africa why then would we want to wash our linen in public.

I believe what ever differences both parties have could be settled amicably outside.

That is my take on the issue

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.