Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,480 members, 7,854,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262756 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
@All

@Moderator

Thank God for the wisdom He has given you to handle this issue as Fellow Member said the Forum is open to all to view,read and join however if they(white) come and read such what impressions are we portraying to the world. We visit other sites such are not allowed to generate up to this level. So, I am suggesting that the posts that invloved the arguments should deleted from the Season, in as much that the people concern have embraced peace and ready to do something about the decoder.

Elderly Wisdom God has given you will continue.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
Gangsta101,

“One-way Internet Service using your current Ku-Band Dish”

‘Skylogic’ Internet service provider (_http://www.skylogic.com_) on W3A (check TP: 12520 V 27500) has a ‘low-cost’ internet service they call “TooWay” (_http://www.tooway.net/tooway-equipment.html_) that can use your ordinally ku-band satellite dish (65cm – 90cm). You will need (i) their modem and (ii) a ‘simple’ LNB with capacity to uplink and downlink.

Previously, they had a slightly different service which works like this: (i) you need a 65 – 90cm ku-band dish fitted with ordinally LNB (the one you normally use with Go-Africa, MBC, Madagascar, etc on W3A) to work as the ‘downlink’ equipment (ii) you need to have in your house/office an ISDN telephone line – you arrange to get this service from your local telecommunications provider / telephone exchange (iii) you purchase a skylogic or suitable modem and subscribe to the internet servie (iv) connect the ISDN line, the cable from the universal LNB and data cable from your computer to this modem (v) run set-up software and (vi) sit back and enjoy broadband internet!

This means that if you are using a twin LNB with your W3A dish, you can connect one cable to your MPEG2 or 4 satellite TV decoder and the other cable to the internet modem.

This concept is explained more clearly by ‘Planetsky’ internet service provider operating on the TP: 12640V30000 on the Intelsat 7/10 at 68.5 East; check: (_http://www.planetsky.com/en/1_way_howitworks.htm_) for more information on how their “one-way internet” works).

I invite the house to add more insight into this – especially those of you who are ICT / telecommunications experts.

Sorry, I am not turning the thread into an ICT one, only trying to see what else FTA hobbyists can get from the existing birds we are connected to, using our current 65 – 90cm dishes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ all. I have embarked on the construction of a 4.2m pan dish.I have been working on the design for the past one year.I am in Lagos right now.I shall keep the house posted when I am back to my station.cheers!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
@all,

I have arranged for a 4.4m dish that might be ready maybe in two weeks time.

I am looking at using it for Nilesat, i will get the house posted on what and how it gets.

Currently, i am working on using a 2.4m pan dish to track down Nilesat, but it looks like the dish is warped and if i can't get Nilesat tonight, i will try Badr 4, I will get the house posted.

Which TP is the strongest on Badr 4 or 6?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
@Nash-FTA,
Is the two-way internet service on w3a free for use?

@Oga twinstaiye,
You owe us a duty to delete all irrelevant topics being brought into this thread.
That is the difference btw a moderated forum and one that is free for all. Your
allowing those posts remain even after we are all agreed that they contribute
nothing to achivieving our goal of FTA may send negative signals to honorable
members.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ twinstaiye,

pls kinly delete all irrelevant post on the three last pages.it has nothing good to add to this forum.

regards.

@ george d,

i hail o.how far about ur installation.hope there is progress.still waiting for good news from u soonest.

@ butoneday,

i saw ur missed call and i tried reaching u but to no avail.how far about the dish .has it gotten to ur end?will also be waiting to hear goodies.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ Butoneday how body? Long time @ George D how u dey? My brothers i been badly hit by malaria for some time but it did stop me from poping in here whenever i got small relief. You guys should plz put in ur prayers cos the thing continue coming back even when i believe it has gone. @ Enitan how u dey? @ Mr Gem long time hope u re cool.

@pitodenz,
Sorry about the malaria. Looks like this is the season. I have been out of town these
few days and just came back. Hope you're feeling much better now?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
@blexxonmak.Since your in lagos can u contact me .Ave some good news 4 u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
@Dejsam,
Long time. I have been away to the country side. I will resume work on the dishes
tomorrow God willing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2009
JMS:

@ George, can i use my fta 2.4 mesh dish to get internet via satellites. thanks & kind regards

@JMS,
As you can see by NASH-FTA's post above, yes you can use your 2.4m mesh to get internet via
satellites but you need to buy the required modem and all other hardware. Also you must know the
satellite to point to e,g w3a.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2009
hiall menbers. u can track 7.0E & 4.8E togeder wit one KU 90C dish one ku feed  i did it last week & it is weking all rit.i dont know if any body n abuot that thank u all,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2009
@rich8

Good to know you never gave up trying to get the two bird with your single 90cm dish. Thats the spirit of FTA.

Congrats!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2009
F-Marshall,
The columnist wrote a mild apology through his column.The newspaper's editors have apologised and asked me to file a complaint formally.The guy has called me to apologise.In fact,we are now friends.I have dropped all charges against him.Here is the apology link- http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/10588/1/Searching-for-elders-with-conscience/Page1.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2009
All, Man city vs kaizer chiefs live now on sabc 1 enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2009
Nash
Appreciate your post, as always. But what i had in mind was using either Nilesat or Hotbird. My reason is this: Most cybercafes in Nigeria appear to use a provider on W3A, and they have atrociously slow connection, you can hardly get download speeds of better than 30kps on them. Meanwhile i've got a friend who just moved to the US recently, she watches videos from youtube without more than a second of buffer time, and says she records download speeds of better than 100kps using a GPRS Connection, worth about 30USD monthly. Imagine that. So i have decided these providers have decided to retail us very miserable bandwidths in Africa, at about the same cost as that provided to other continents, so i might as well say the same amount to get a European or M/Eastern connection.
But then again if u know their actual download speed, let me know so i can save myself some bother. Once again, thanks. also, i've seen procedure for a free connection, which i. Should try out in a few days time.
Adewest,
sorry i couldn't meet with you, hopefully next time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
All,Benfica vs Atl Madrid live on TV ZIMBO on w3a.enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2009
Man city vs chi also live on AD sport @ badr. ALL never accept upgrade from daarsat decoder cos if u do,u ll stand the chance of using the receiver FOR DAARSAT ONLY. They ll customize it just like dstv receiver. Plz i want someone in the house to tell me the possibility of getting a usb head to head cable cos thats the only way to downgrade the firmware to enable fta in upgraded daarsat decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
Man city vs chi also live on AD sport @ badr. ALL never accept upgrade from daarsat decoder cos if u do,u ll stand the chance of using the receiver FOR DAARSAT ONLY. They ll customize it just like dstv receiver. Plz i want someone in the house to tell me the possibility of getting a usb head to head cable cos thats the only way to downgrade the firmware to enable fta in upgraded daarsat decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2009
Oga badaru, Oga Olofofo, tanks 4 ur advise concerning my diseq switch that has refused to work properly. like u said I changed the diseq that was there b4 with a new one the same problem. like i explained to u I have 3 lnbs on my 1.8 motorised system. ie 2 c-band and one ku. after conecting to the diseq switch then saved them on my 4663x, I gav ku port 1, gave c band port 3 and 4 respectively al picture from d 3 lnbs came up. Shortly I decided to switch between ku and c-band channels to my amazement ku started showing no signal! what could have gone wrong I asked my self. then I got mor new diseq switch, same problem. so wat I now did was to remove one c- band cable from the diseq and gbam my ku signal came up . now am left with one c- band one ku. any way out to get the 3 lnb to work 2gether?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2009
@Pito

Go to Ogbunabali Road, close to Garison, and ask around, that's where computer parts are sold in PH, if you can't get it there then you should link to Lagos, na your brothers O grin so just use language follow them. Price range is between N150-N500, with language power u fit get for the lower price  cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2009
ola,ur ku-lnb is altered fm factory due to mas production.ur disecqc is no prob.change d ku
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2009
Wow!!! this is the real FTA spirit, this European football season is promising, hope we will get a lof of feed report, get all your installation ready best intertainment is coming, please don't hesitate to send me NBA(basketball) feed.
@ Peto, Blex, Pek, Kungu, Cogil, George_D & all members please receive my special regards from Brazzaville, hope to get new experience these days, long live FTA!!! those who can understand french this can help for your culture:wwww.telesatellite.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2009
pito,sorry wish u quick recovery man.as 2 daarsat,a copy was dispatchd 2me 2wks b4 it was launch 4 scrutiny.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2009
WHENEVER THE DVB-KAON IS PWRD ON,A MSG BOX IS DISPLAYED ASKING FOR SOFTWARE UPDATE.I OK IT SOMETIME 4SOFT UPDATE &
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2009
sometime exit it 2 disallowed update.whenever i enable software update,d system still function with others fta u think.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2009
Hello everyone,

Nice to see that you guys are still doing wonderful jobs in here.  sorry I have not been able to contribute anything tangible since but I have never stopped navigating to this site to read everything you guys have been posting.  Please keep up the good work and lets imbibe the spirit of oneness and try to find a matured way to resolve our issues without derailing the thread.

The thread have been moving is such a way that in few days time, we shall be saying bye bye to Part three (now page 96) of Nairaland's Free-to-Air Satellite TV. Isn't it wonderful?  When we take stock of what we have seen and garnered over the years,  you all will agree with me that we are gradually (if not almost) an authority in this field. There is still more to be learned and that is why we have to continue to do our research and share what we have, and with brotherly love in our heart, then we will get to that destination, our outermost goal, to make sure FTA takes a deep root in our society. Imagine the spirit of  MultiTV in Ghana "We believe that quality digital TV should be accessible to everybody; not just reserved for the privileged few. Why not here in Nigeria. Yes, we can!!

So guys, Do have a great Day.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2009
Hi guy, one of my favorite tv station Telereunion on AB3 went from mpg2 to mpeg4, so i wonder, what is the advange of HD? what is the quality of HD decoder with blind scan?
Please your feedback will be highly appreciated, thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 10:40am On Jul 22, 2009
Hi everyone. I may be travelling to Ghana by month end. I hope to buy Multi tv Mpep 4 receiver during my trip. Anyone interested should contact me through my mail so i can know how many to buy while coming. Though that depends if the receiver has FTA features like blind scan etc
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:48am On Jul 22, 2009
@ emexi. Tell me how we can link up?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2009
Oga Adewest, Shun for d officer! tanks am using strong for ku. have tryed digisat but no show. realy by leavin out ond of d c band lnb ie d one without di-elecric am not realy missin much.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2009
@Buben, i am interested. Contact me unicaj4u@yahoo.co.uk(08062232551), or drop your contact
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2009
@olason,
Your diseqc switch should work normally with all three LNBs except there is a problem either
with the configuration in the receiver or one of the lnbs are defective. I once had a similar
problem with my diseqc switch. I linked my three dishes at that time (intelsat 7/10, nss7 &
w3a). When the problem started, I noticed that intelsat 7/10 was over-shadowing the other
birds. Any time I selected w3a or nss7, it was intelsat 7/10 that will show. I promptly changed
the diseqc switch and that was the end of the problem. Sometime ago, I advised members to
beware of the type of diseqc they buy. From my own experience the popular supermax diseqc
easily gets bad and I will not be surprised if that is what is causing your problem. The only way
to be very sure is to replace that diseqc with a different make. Why not get a eurostar diseqc
switch and see whether the problem will persist?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.