Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? (9387 Views)

Do You Agree? Sex Without Orgasm Is A Waste Of Time —seyi Hunter / Man Weds His US Bride In Lagos, Says "Really No Time To Waste" / 7 Reasons Why Love Is A Waste Of Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 27, 2015
AABeauty:

You know there are Matriarchal tribes and tribes were women are treated as equals in Africa, right?

I knew I saw your name before. You are obsessed with feminism. Its happening, get over it.
Don't get me wrong love. I am JUST a realist who sees it as highly Utopian for Africans. I am not against the movement, I am JUST being realistic about it's status in Africa.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Swizdoe(m): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Lol..nice status you got dere....I have no problem with feminism...I have issues with the people propagating the theory...most of them don't go about it n a civil way,the engage in insult and say a lot of unsavory things..there are better ways to get people to reason with you..you have to be realistic not sentimental...hapi sunday
They are not any better than terrorists, just that they've not begin to kill men yet........
Most Feminist are instigators that believes inciting other females is the only way they can achieve their objective same way Nnamdi Kanu is going about his biafran struggle.
They kinda paint men as their number one enemy that must be destroyed as if men is the only one responsible for the ills in the society. I've encountered some of them on NL and they never make any sense but they have this arrogant attitude that makes them believe their argument is superior

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 27, 2015
Swizdoe:

They are not any better than terrorists, just that they've not begin to kill men yet........
Most Feminist are instigators that believes inciting other females is the only way they can achieve their objective same way Nnamdi Kanu is going about his biafran struggle.
They kinda paint men as their number one enemy that must be destroyed as if men is the only one responsible for the ills in the society. I've encountered some of them on NL and they never make any sense but they have this arrogant attitude that makes them believe their argument is superior
I keep on praying for their homes.... Such ideologies and attitude chase GOOD Men away and FEW folks around you at the end of the day.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by babyfaceafrica: 8:12am On Jul 27, 2015
Swizdoe:

then its best you ignore them!!
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Adaeze003(f): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2015
Freemanan:

it's not a waste of time Mate... In fact, it's a needed movement to checkmate the Men. The problem is they have misplaced priorities. They are more interested in Justice and equity than in happiness.

I guess justice and equity gives birth to happiness...
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Swizdoe(m): 8:35am On Jul 27, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
then its best you ignore them!!
You don't need to tell me.....
One thing I've discovered is that attention empowers them the more, so they are best ignored
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by babyfaceafrica: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2015
Swizdoe:

One thing I've discovered is that attention empowers them the more, so they are best ignored
lol
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2015
Adaeze003:

I guess justice and equity gives birth to happiness...

Not necessarily love.
you see, the legalization of gay marriage in America is justice served for homosexuals but imagine the hurt the parents of these gays will feel knowing that their country has allowed a union to their own type. So you see, Justice and equity is not happiness.

I think Feminism in Africa should focus more on things that will bring happiness to women rather than fighting a lost course for equity in gender. I might sound Chauvinistic but That's the realistic truth.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2015
Swizdoe:

Those are Nairaland Feminists ... They make rubbish of the ideology... JUST some rude dames trying to be artificial and spooky
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Correct geh
No wonder my bro no fit leave U

But where is he

He has left o. Going to find myself another fellow, doesn't he know its coming up to August?

I need money to buy wrappers for August meeting angry
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
Gurgle:

But where is he

He has left o. Going to find myself another fellow, doesn't he know its coming up to August?

I need money to buy wrappers for August meeting angry

Abeg have mercy
Be a little patient I saw him this morning O
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Gurgle(f): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Abeg have mercy
Be a little patient I saw him this morning O

angry
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
Gurgle:

angry

Soweeeee
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Adaeze003(f): 3:45am On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Not necessarily love.
you see, the legalization of gay marriage in America is justice served for homosexuals but imagine the hurt the parents of these gays will feel knowing that their country has allowed a union to their own type. So you see, Justice and equity is not happiness.

I think Feminism in Africa should focus more on things that will bring happiness to women rather than fighting a lost course for equity in gender. I might sound Chauvinistic but That's the realistic truth.

What matters is that the gays are happy and not parents or other people. The fight is for individual happiness. I mean, if some day we have as much female ministers, senators and so on, as the male, if someday women are given as much opportunities and are paid as much, given due respect/recognition and all that, it'll yield happiness for the women involved. No one cares if the chauvinists are happy or not.

Even in the west, people like you taught fighting for equity was a lost cause as well, I guess they're eating their words. Don't worry mr chauvinist, one day, you'll have your words for breakfast with a glass of milk wink.

On the side, I wonder why men always think they know what will make a woman happy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 4:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

I keep on praying for their homes.... Such ideologies and attitude chase GOOD Men away and FEW folks around you at the end of the day.

You said that you are a realist so be real. Not every husband is a good man and not every wife is a devil spawn.

There are some homes where woman is NOT a feminist and still are UNHAPPY with trifling husbands.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Adaeze003(f): 6:30am On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

You said that you are a realist so be real. Not every husband is a good man and not every wife is a devil spawn.

There are some homes where woman is NOT a feminist and still are UNHAPPY with trifling husbands.

Tell them...
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by yorubadelta(f): 7:16am On Jul 28, 2015
AMBIVERT:
I read this somewhere.

There are 3 types of feminism

True Feminism
Modern Feminism

and
Nairaland Feminism.

OP, which of them are you referring to.

grin
Nairaland Feminism .. LOL

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

I agree ma. So what you are saying therefore is that Feminism ideologies should be inculcated in every marriage, even if they end up unhappy?
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

Tell them...
This is what I was scared of... Who is "them" now? WE have sides now... Issokay.

Feminism is on the wrong course in Africa dear.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

What matters is that the gays are happy and not parents or other people. The fight is for individual happiness. I mean, if some day we have as much female ministers, senators and so on, as the male, if someday women are given as much opportunities and are paid as much, given due respect/recognition and all that, it'll yield happiness for the women involved. No one cares if the chauvinists are happy or not.

Even in the west, people like you taught fighting for equity was a lost cause as well, I guess they're eating their words. Don't worry mr chauvinist, one day, you'll have your words for breakfast with a glass of milk wink.

On the side, I wonder why men always think they know what will make a woman happy.
You still refuse to Understand me love. I am not saying Feminism cannot be achieved. I am saying the course African Feminists are taking is a dangerous one that will Mar their marriage and family, it's like African Feminists are always paranoid and always on the defence of anything.. That's all am saying.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

I agree ma. So what you are saying therefore is that Feminism ideologies should be inculcated in every marriage, even if they end up unhappy?

I am saying that people need to stop using Feminism as a blame for their Bleep ups. Every woman in the world isn't a feminist so why are those women who ARE NOT feminist unhappy?
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

This is what I was scared of... Who is "them" now? WE have sides now... Issokay.

Feminism is on the wrong course in Africa dear.

There are always sides in any debate, discussion, and war. There is nothing we can do about it....deal with it.
Examples:
For side
Against side
Neutral side ]
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

I always wondered why men think they are the authority of what makes a woman happy. They assumed sex and money is the root of women's happiness but they later come on Nairaland crying their girls have cheated and/or left them.

Authentic Feminism focuses on eliminate dependent on males for a sustenance way of life.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

I always wondered why men think they are the authority of what makes a woman happy. They assumed sex and money is the root of women's happiness but they later come on Nairaland crying their girls have cheated and/or left them.

Authentic Feminism focuses on eliminate dependent on males for a sustenance way of life.
Majority of the female population causes Men to reason along such line...
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Majority of the female population causes Men to reason along such line...

False. No one can cause you to formulate opinions and thoughts. If that is so then men are really mindless creatures.

That's not good.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

False. No one can cause you to formulate opinions and thoughts. If that is so then men are really mindless creatures.

That's not good.
I assume you are bent on only your opinions then. HOW can you say circumstances and people cannot make you formulate your opinion? You don't have to be illogical to make a point. WE should always open our mind to all possibilities.

If for example, I have met over 200 ladies who are more interested in sex, money and other ephemeral stuffs, you are telling me that won't influence my opinion on female?
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

I assume you are bent on only your opinions then. HOW can you say circumstances and people cannot make you formulate your opinion? You don't have to be illogical to make a point. WE should always open our mind to all possibilities.

If for example, I have met over 200 ladies who are more interested in sex, money and other ephemeral stuffs, you are telling me that won't influence my opinion on female?

No, I don't expect people to agree with my opinions aand care less of they don't. That's the difference between you and I. I don't force my opinion and simply stated them because I can.

I have worked with dirty and racist white men for years and should that influenced my opinion/thoughts that all white men are dirty and racist.

Logical points are far better anyways.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

No, I don't expect people to agree with my opinions aand care less of they don't. That's the difference between you and I. I don't force my opinion and simply stated them because I can.

I have worked with dirty and racist white men for years and should that influenced my opinion/thoughts that all white men are dirty and racist.

Logical points are far better anyways.

GBAM... But you are aware that some of them are.

Is it a known fact that females are materialistic MrsChima?
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

GBAM... But you are aware that some of them are.

Is it a known fact that females are materialistic MrsChima?

Facts and opinions are not the same. If I think men are use less because they are mindless creatures isn't the same as saying it is a fat that all men are mindless creatures.

I can't speak for other women. Ask me another question.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

Facts and opinions are not the same. If I think men are use less because they are mindless creatures isn't the same as saying it is a fat that all men are mindless creatures.

I can't speak for other women. Ask me another question.
Well, ma'am... You seems to be making this a furious battle and your over defensive attitude is obvious. I expected a discussion when I opened this thread.... I guess WE are on the wrong path. WE can't move forward.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrCork: 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:
I used this picture as my Display picture earlier today and all of a sudden I started receiving messages from my BBM contacts (both male and female).

Most of them see Feminism as a waste of time and that Africa has no place for it in order for a marriage to last.

So Nairalanders what do you think? Let's hear your opinions on this issue.

HAPPY SUNDAY...

...hmm...bro u berrra don't let missclassy or Mrs Chima catch you!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrCork:

...hmm...bro u berrra don't let missclassy or Mrs Chima catch you!!! undecided
They must be told reality.... They should get off the wrong path of this ideology and face the real thing. e-Feminism hasn't helped even a she goat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“see What Happened As I Went To My Husband’s Office Without My Panties” – Lady / I bet, you can't last two minutes in bed with me lol / Our Ladies Are Aging Without Men In Their Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.