Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? (9373 Views)

Do You Agree? Sex Without Orgasm Is A Waste Of Time —seyi Hunter / Man Weds His US Bride In Lagos, Says "Really No Time To Waste" / 7 Reasons Why Love Is A Waste Of Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Dharniel:
feminism in africa is a wild goose chase, but i hope one day it becomes a reality...

Keep hoping bro...but in case my wife is reading this...kindly note that the day you ever dream of usurping or disrespecting my headship of the family notwithstanding I am sort of "ceremonial head" cheesy that same day your dad will welcome you back home...And another lady your position will take immediately because nature abhors vacuum wink I am an African man married to an African woman in an African way living in Africa and NEVER ready to cheat the African culture...wink Don't get it twisted mehn gringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
Lalasticlala and Ishilove ...kindly take this to frontpage so that my woman will see and abide by this warning early enough cheesy
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrCork: 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

They must be told reality.... They should get off the wrong path of this ideology and face the real thing. e-Feminism hasn't helped even a she goat.

...bro..truss me, if those two women (Mrs Chima or Missclassy) see your response, they comin afta u.....they r known feminist who don't take $hit from men & they will fight u.. Bro get ready! wink

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Tallesty1(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Saying feminism is a waste of time is like saying anti racism is a waste of time.

Women have been oppresses for generations since the beginning of creation.

They are not slaves to do our (men's) every bidding.

All they ask is that you treat them as equals not as the lesser sex.

Racists judgement on race, sexists Base judgement on sex

In both cases, it's the "lesser" race/sex that suffers.
Really? @emboldened.........

How did Adam oppress Eve?

My dad doesn't oppress my mom.

My uncles treat their women as better halves.

My aunts are happily married.

And they are not slaves

So I don't understand the kinda oppression you are talking about.

BTW why hasn't any feminist complained of being left out in the fight again bokoharam?

Why hasn't any nairaland Feminist complained that our women soldiers are not fighting in maidugri?

Is it only when it comes to marriage that they remember to talk? And yet they claim that feminism isn't anti-family??

3 Likes

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

What matters is that the gays are happy and not parents or other people. The fight is for individual happiness. I mean, if some day we have as much female ministers, senators and so on, as the male, if someday women are given as much opportunities and are paid as much, given due respect/recognition and all that, it'll yield happiness for the women involved. No one cares if the chauvinists are happy or not.

Even in the west, people like you taught fighting for equity was a lost cause as well, I guess they're eating their words. Don't worry mr chauvinist, one day, you'll have your words for breakfast with a glass of milk wink.

On the side, I wonder why men always think they know what will make a woman happy.

Are you feminist because you sound like one
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Adaeze003:

Tell them...
smh...nsogbu di ;(
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Keep hoping bro...but in case my wife is reading this...kindly note that the day you ever dream of usurping or disrespecting my headship of the family notwithstanding I am sort of "ceremonial head" cheesy that same day your dad will welcome you back home...And another lady your position will take immediately because nature abhors vacuum wink I am an African man married to an African woman in an African way living in Africa and NEVER ready to cheat the African culture...wink Don't get it twisted mehn gringringrin
Laugh wan take my breathe...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrsChima:

You said that you are a realist so be real. Not every husband is a good man and not every wife is a devil spawn.

There are some homes where woman is NOT a feminist and still are UNHAPPY with trifling husbands.

The day you start appreciating the fact that God wasn't stupid to have created you an African that day wholesome happiness will envelope you...Africa has its societal ideals that promote unity and happiness in the home for ALL... Pursuing your career dreams or whatever at the detriment of your home isn't part of this ideal but its part of the feminists ethics of operation...Make your choice today...good pm
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:

My dad doesn't my mom.

BTW why hasn't any feminist complained of being left out in the fight again bokoharam?

Why hasn't any nairaland Feminist complained that our women soldiers are not fighting in maidugri?

Is it only when it comes to marriage that remember to talk? And yet they claim that feminism isn't anti-family??

That's WHY I said Feminism has a misplaced priority in Africa. Alot of American Army Units in Afghanistan have female commanders but here in 9ja, pffft.... Feminism ends in Victoria Secret discussions and Kim Kardesian gist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Laugh wan take my breathe...

Believe me, that's the code of conduct to be observed in my home...not a bit will be taken out...She's to know from adam that my food is to be 90% of African food than these continental dishes and cousines that guarantees one a "Gone Too Soon" ticket gringringrin
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Believe me, that's the code of conduct to be observed in my home...not a bit will be taken out...She's to know from adam that my food is to be 90% of African food than these continental dishes and cousines that guarantees one a "Gone Too Soon" ticket gringringrin
And a passport to toilet 24/7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrCork:

...bro..truss me, if those two women (Mrs Chima or Missclassy) see your response, they comin afta u.....they r known feminist who don't take $hit from men & they will fight u.. Bro get ready! wink
Chima has been on my tail since morning. I have exposed her to the tenants of the Feminist ideologies. Missclassy knows me too well, I dey cure ignorance.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by demmy0325(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:

My dad doesn't my mom.

BTW why hasn't any feminist complained of being left out in the fight again bokoharam?..

Is it only when it comes to marriage that remember to talk? And yet they claim that feminism isn't anti-family??
... Cc. Mrschima,victoriabee and firstEVA...

Awaitin Ur response... undecided..
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrCork: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Chima has been on my tail since morning. I have exposed her to the tenants of the Feminist ideologies. Missclassy knows me too well, I dey cure ignorance.

Nice one...Mrs Chima is a trouble maker though...the chicks is always on my case jus becuz I drive a Range and woudnt let go....Bro pls Watch out for her big time. She likes money! wink

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
demmy0325:
... Cc. Mrschima,victoriabee and firstEVA...

Awaitin Ur response... undecided..
. When did I tell u I am a feminist?
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by demmy0325(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
firstEVA:
. When did I tell u I am a feminist?
..Thought U are.. undecided..
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
demmy0325:
..Thought U are.. undecided..
undecided
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
MrCork:

Nice one...Mrs Chima is a trouble maker though...the chicks is always on my case jus becuz I drive a Range and woudnt let go....Bro pls Watch out for her big time. She likes money! wink
LOL....
The court has taken judicial notice...
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
AMBIVERT:
I read this somewhere.

There are 3 types of feminism

True Feminism
Modern Feminism

and
Nairaland Feminism.

OP, which of them are you referring to.
hahahaha, are u saying the feminism in nairaland is different from other types? Lol, u guys are too funny.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
firstEVA:
hahahaha, are u saying the feminism in nairaland is different from other types? Lol, u guys are too funny.
Don't tell me you have no idea of Nairaland Feminism!
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Women have been oppresses for generations since the beginning of creation.
They are not slaves to do our (men's) every bidding.
Could you kindly list some of these "oppressions"?
In what ways have they been enslaved to do men's every bidding?
Honest answers please. Thanks.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:

My dad doesn't my mom.

Oh yes, you are right. Because your family love each other, it means the remaining over 7 billion people in the world love each other too.

Man gtfo.

If you are too blind to acknowledge fact then move on.

Like I said, everyone knows their place.

Feminism is not about loving your spouse or family members, it's about not looking down on them in certain aspects in life.

There are more men in the army than females. There are more men in every fvcking tough job in Nigeria than females. This is because we still have that mentality that men are superior to women. That men should take the harder jobs and women should "stay at home and cook". Women do have a lot to offer but keep getting pushed aside by men. It's not about loving your spouse or your family member, it's about not looking down at them in certain aspects of life.

Did they deploy any female to the north and she said she wouldn't go because she is a woman?

You are staring at death and blaming the hearse.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Adaeze003(f): 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Are you feminist because you sound like one

I shared their views even before I knew about the movement.

But I wouldn't use the term "feminist" to describe myself.

Speaking of the army, can any of you truthfully tell me that a woman will be taken seriously in the army in Nigeria? Won't they end up in the desks? Like some pot bellied oldie will take orders from a "woman". Plus, you all have heard how women in the force are seen as sex objects and when they refuse to comply, they are "punished". It's all part of the movement.

Those jobs are dominated by men because they want it so and women are uninterested because of unfavorable conditions plus, men are generally physically stronger than women.

And should I mention choice? Or are all men involved in the fight for bokoharam?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Tallesty1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Oh yes, you are right. Because your family love each other, it means the remaining over 7 billion people in the world love each other too.

Man gtfo.

If you are too blind to acknowledge fact then move on.

Like I said, everyone knows their place.

Feminism is not about loving your spouse or family members, it's about not looking down on them in certain aspects in life.

There are more men in the army than females. There are more men in every fvcking tough job in Nigeria than females. This is because we still have that mentality that men are superior to women. That men should take the harder jobs and women should "stay at home and cook". Women do have a lot to offer but keep getting pushed aside by men. It's not about loving your spouse or your family member, it's about not looking down at them in certain aspects of life.

Did they deploy any female to the north and she said she wouldn't go because she is a woman?

You are staring at death and blaming the hearse.
You should have been wise enough to use "some women" instead of your generalization and unfounded accusation that men have been oppressing women since the creation of the world.

The heart of human are desperately wicked, women oppress their men too.

It is more like the survival of the fittest, men oppress weak women and women oppress weak men.

Men die everyday because of the type women they found themselves with.

But the crazy movement called feminism ain't saying nothing about it.

I am for equal opportunity for every man or woman but presenting women as angels and men as demons is what I can't stand.

Stop preaching falsehood, say the truth and shame the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Timbuktou:

Could you kindly list some of these "oppressions"?

In what ways have they been enslaved to do men's every bidding?

Honest answers please. Thanks.

Take a look at history. Women had no choice in matters at all.

You hear of a woman wanting to become a doctor and her dad tells her "there's no point sending her to school"

Statements like "a woman's place is in the kitchen"

Girls doing men's job are actually laughed at and called men-like names

Girls doing weight lifting or in the Olympics get laughed at.

All these are social oppression.

And they still happen today, they are not just history.

A man will say stuff like "stop acting like a woman". This statement is sexist and it is belittling. It implies that women are lesser than men.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by gj22(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Tallesty1:
You should have been wise enough to use "some women" instead of your generalization and unfounded accusation that men have been oppressing women since the creation of the world.

Well, I assumed you are educated and know that hyperbole is a figure of speech.

You should be wise enough to know that When I say women, I don't mean every single woman on the planet.

The heart of human are desperately wicked, women oppress their men too.

It is more like the survival of the fittest, men oppress weak women and women oppress weak men.

Men die everyday because of the type women they found themselves with.

But the crazy movement called feminism ain't saying nothing about it.

I am for equal opportunity for every man or woman but presenting women as angels and men as demons is what I can't stand.

Stop preaching falsehood, say the truth and shame the devil.

This has nothing to do with feminism. WTF r you talking about? Are you not listening?

Don't say/ do stuff Just because they are women, simple.

Oppression is not just in physical abuse.

Men have the upper hand already based on how our ancestors formed the society. We should join hands and raise females by treating them the way we would treat our fellow man.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

You hear of a woman wanting to become a doctor and her dad tells her "there's no point sending her to school"

2. Statements like "a woman's place is in the kitchen"

3. Girls doing men's job are actually laughed at and called men-like names

4. Girls doing weight lifting or in the Olympics get laughed at.

5. All these are social oppression.

6. And they still happen today, they are not just history.

7. A man will say stuff like "stop acting like a woman". This statement is sexist and it is belittling. It implies that women are lesser than men.

1. And this is because he doesn't see any point in sending her to school, not because he wants his daughter oppressed. Or maybe, he couldn't afford it.

2. Where is a woman's place if not in the kitchen(home)? Yes, women work today but who does house-keeping if not women?

3. And men doing women-like jobs aren't laughed at?

4. And men who take up knitting as a profession aren't laughed at?

5. All these are social dynamics.

6. Women are oppressed today? Examples, please.

7. And women will say "are you not a man?" It is manipulative. But you don't hear men bitcching about it.

You have yet to present convincing arguments.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Don't get me wrong love. I am JUST a realist who sees it as highly Utopian for Africans. I am not against the movement, I am JUST being realistic about it's status in Africa.

But feminism, the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities, already exist in Africa and has existed since before the word feminism was brought to Africa.

Without getting to deep, the San and Taureg tribes have very feminist leanings. The Bijago tribe of Guinea Bissau is completely matriarchal. The women make all the decisions, propose marriage, build their matrimonial homes, and remain the sole owners of the home.

Rwanda ranks higher than countries such as the U.S., France, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia when it comes to equal rights between the sexes.

Several African countries have had or have female Heads of State. America hasn't had one.

Maybe your being realistic about feminism in your little corner in Africa but not all of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
gj22:

Men have the upper hand already based on how our ancestors formed the society.

We should join hands and raise females by treating them the way we would treat our fellow man.

Men have the upper hand because they have earned it. Our ancestors lived the way they did because merit was the order of the day, not emotions and sentiments.

Only if you knew that women don't want to be treated like men, they want to be treated like the women they are. They don't want to be bread-winners. They don't want to change hot flat tyres, they don't want to be the first to confront the armed robber at the door. They don't want to be responsibile for anything that isn't enjoyment of luxury.

1 Like

Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

The day you start appreciating the fact that God wasn't stupid to have created you an African that day wholesome happiness will envelope you...Africa has its societal ideals that promote unity and happiness in the home for ALL... Pursuing your career dreams or whatever at the detriment of your home isn't part of this ideal but its part of the feminists ethics of operation...Make your choice today...good pm

How does one pursuing a career killed a home
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by MrsChima(f): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Well, ma'am... You seems to be making this a furious battle and your over defensive attitude is obvious. I expected a discussion when I opened this thread.... I guess WE are on the wrong path. WE can't move forward.

If you think that was my being defensive then comprehension isn't really your virtue.
Re: Is Feminism Truly A Waste Of Time? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
AABeauty:

But feminism, the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities, already exist in Africa and has existed since before the word feminism was brought to Africa.

Without getting to deep, the San and Taureg tribes have very feminist leanings. The Bijago tribe of Guinea Bissau is completely matriarchal. The women make all the decisions, propose marriage, build their matrimonial homes, and remain the sole owners of the home.

Rwanda ranks higher than countries such as the U.S., France, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Australia when it comes to equal rights between the sexes.

Several African countries have had or have female Heads of State. America hasn't had one.

Maybe your being realistic about feminism in your little corner in Africa but not all of Africa.

Matriarch society is not Feminism love.... I now know the tenets of your Feminism. Noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Palmpay Has Sent My Friend Into Depression (pictures) / This Is How My Maid Watches Tv Every Evening When My Wife Is Not Arround.. / How Did You Meet Your Partner And Will You Reveal That At Your Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.