Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

247Potential's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247Potential's Profile / 247Potential's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Foreign Affairs / Re: US Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave US If Donald Trump Wins by 247Potential: 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
At least Nairalanders would learn to air their opinions where it really matters.

To think some 'souls' were rejoicing over this 'result' earlier

6 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: After DSS Arrest, IgbereTVNews.com now Blocked by Facebook; Anyalekwa Cries Out by 247Potential: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
AmadiAba:
Hahahahaha... Is this your level of reasoning?

How did I wish you harm here?

This is appalling! You really need a lesson in English Language

Surely. The condition is 'if' meaning him alone reserves the right to make it true grin

By the way, he was also insulting a particular tribe with this post isn't he, if one decides to take his words for it?

HtwoOw:
in East...the poverty among its people,

If one assumes like he did in the first place, then he just addressed a tribe as poverty-stricken, indicating that they are parasites of some sort.
Politics / Re: Oyegun Loses To PDP In His Polling Unit In Edo Governorship Election by 247Potential: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
What does that tell us about APC as a party?

12 Likes

Education / Re: Read What Happened To Muslim Man For Mocking Christians by 247Potential: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
schoolhelpng:

you are wrong,... I still stand on what I said...religion is not and can never be a problem...am xtian n I have many Moslem friends and yet we live together...some interpretation from stupid leaders in both religion cause this problem...
pls reason with it u will know am right...

Seconded.
I have Moslem friends too, one of whom has vehemently spoken against extremism, claiming such people are interpreting the word literally.
If some people can live without religion coming between them, others have no excuse.
Phones / Re: What Is The Best Phone You've Ever Used? by 247Potential: 7:23am On Sep 28, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
Mine is Samsung Galaxy S4(Life companion indeed). That phone have functions.

As in ehn.. If ordinary S3 could be so lipsrsealed, I lick my chops at S4 and above

1 Like

Phones / Re: What Is The Best Phone You've Ever Used? by 247Potential: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2016
Samsung S3. The battery is 2100mah but I have two grin

2 Likes

Romance / Re: 10 Terrifying Vagina Facts (no Guy Knows Them) by 247Potential: 6:28am On Sep 28, 2016
lola024:
The vagina connects the uterus to the outside world.

The more reason there should be freedom of entry and exit grin
Connections are critical and unavoidable angry
Stop forcing yourselves to be doing stingy undecided
Who else are the 'outside world'??

1 Like

Sports / Re: Ebonyi, Taraba Win Gold In Taekwondo by 247Potential: 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
Gold, Silver and Bronze..
Na only una waka come?
Family / Re: Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent by 247Potential: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
Okay Boss.. I keyed into your reasoning cool

1 Like

Crime / Re: Lady Breaks A Man's Head At A Football Match In Zambia - PICS by 247Potential: 10:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like

Education / Re: Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by 247Potential: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Cutehector:
My dear all this long and short english u typed isn't going to hinder the recruitment process. U will be wailing while others are getting the fed civil service jobs. Why not strive to get into the system first, then plan how u can change it.

True that. I'm as useless on the outside. But I hope someone on the inside can perhaps look into the revamping as soon as possible because a lot of kids will be getting the stick already.

I applied all the same. But not really keeping my hopes up till I'm suitably qualified.
Education / Re: Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by 247Potential: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
psucc:
Pls I need info, yesterday I read here on NL that the FCSC has refute initiating any recruitment exercise.

Can I have clarification here?

That should be for the first false information that circulated. There was when some months ago, talks of recruitments were circulating. That should be the one they refuted. But this one should be real.
Education / Re: What Does Course Registration Mean by 247Potential: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2016
Uh.. From personal experience, it simply means going online or filling a form offline with the courses you are meant to take in your first year first semester and onwards.

I don't think you will have options now. You will be given or will obtain the list of courses compulsory for every member of your department. You have to register interest for those courses so that you can be entered as a student for the course. Else, you may lose the grade for that course.

However, that was just a siphoning method for us in my school via late submission. Our course forms always ended up in the hands of those selling meatpie and so in School front grin
Education / Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by 247Potential: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
While trying to apply for the Ministry of Education vacancies, I saw a requirement that made me unqualified for that post. The requirement stated 'degree in education' in the stated subjects. Although my specialty was stated, what I have is a B.Sc, not a B.Ed. I have plans to do a PG in Education though.

Now that I think of it, I wonder what the fuss about the 'Education' degree is anyway. Does it really count in what really matters? I've got the experience to hold my own in that field but the chance to show it may not really come by.

Take for instance, the Lagos State Ministry of Education that recently unveiled a new Scheme of Work. In English Language for J.S.S.1 class, in their first week in class, they were supposed to learn about Nouns. Under Nouns, they need to learn the definition and examples, learn the five types of nouns and the rules to follow, learn about the singular and plural forms of nouns, learn the use of articles with nouns as well as Noun Gender.

They need to learn all these because in the second week, they would begin with Pronouns. A poor foundation in Nouns will give them problems applying the conversion rules. It is not and never advisable to give these ward half-baked knowledge with the excuse of fitting it into time.

Also in that same first week, these kids would also practice Reading and Comprehension; be introduced to Speech & Organs of Speech, Composition and types of Compositions as well as Literature and types of Literature.

Not only are kids aged between 9 - 11 expected to cram all of these in a week, they are expected to do so in a maximum of 5 periods (200 minutes) or less, alongside between 10 and 15 other subjects for that week. They would surely be the losers in the sense that they would not be given all the juice in the appropriate measure, and would be forced to gorge all they were privileged to be given under diuress. It saddens a professional to cheat his/her students of their right to quality knowlege due to the mistake of superiors.

It really begs the question: How really experienced are the professionals? If they can't keep in touch with the reality of their target when planning these schemes, then, why are they at the helm? Noun as a topic should span nothing less than three weeks, but this right here is just pathetic.

It is normal for each regime to want to leave its mark but, at least, that should be done conscientiously. Such careless albeit overzealous oversight puts a strain on whomever intends to use the Scheme. That simply shows that Experience as well as qualification is key. A lot of money has changed hands over the launch of this scheme but sadly, such mistakes ensured that it is simply flushed down the drain.

The Federal Ministry of Education is expected to oversee such changes, but I guess they were quite unconcerned. Quality Assurance need to sanitize their backyards before pouring forward in search of erring schools. The quality that is being chased is a poor one indeed. I'm available for recruitment though wink
Politics / Re: Forget Diversification, Buhari Is Wholly Responsible For The Recession. by 247Potential: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

How can any intelligent human being with his/her right senses say its because Mr President is waging war against corruption thats making nigeria broke

I don't know whether it is just childishness or lack of understanding or maybe, just hunger that makes people have difficulties reading and comprehending.
Read the essence of the thread again and modify your post accordingly.
Politics / Re: Obasanjo- The Man Who Saw Tomorrow. by 247Potential: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
juman:

They could not fix any infrastructure in 16 years despite spent billions of dollars on them.

Okay undecided
Politics / Re: Obasanjo- The Man Who Saw Tomorrow. by 247Potential: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
juman:

She was in obj and jonathan governments, both governments failed woefully.

Define failed undecided
Politics / Forget Diversification, Buhari Is Wholly Responsible For The Recession. by 247Potential: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
When Buhari was campaigning,, he made lots of promises on sanitizing the economy and certain threats about purging corruption by all means irrespective of whom is affected. This is a very nice campaign line and all pro-Buhari supporters were convinced that the saviour and progenitor of better lives for Nigerians is here. They believed his 'body language' can only spell better for Nigerians. How wrong they were.

PDP had ruled Nigeria for 16 years. Believe it or not, they have Nigeria's money in their coffers. Immediately the popular president was making waves after waves of promises; the cash was flowing out of the economy in waves. Investors withdrew their input and the cash was stashed out of Nigeria's reach. In addition, Boko Haram's ruining of Jonathan's rule is being paid back with Avenger's ruining of Buhari's rule. The result is the recession which the masses are being faced with today.

My take is this: One must stay alive to realistically fulfil the promise of a better life for his generation. This Buhari's regime doesn't promise that. So, Buhari has two options if he wants to be remembered for being useful while on seat.

He can either instigate true federalism; let every state control their finances so that the money can find a way back into the economy without being seized. Or he should just resign now and let another who understand the workings of Nigeria today take over because it is obvious he can't beg or bend in the interests of the citizenry.

Else, he can simply remain there junketeering in futility while the country runs aground. Nigeria is corrupt, so are other countries. Are we handling ours the same way? I'm not impressed by the tiny amounts EFCC 'announces' that they have recovered. Nigeria is worth a million times that value. And that is an understatement.

Oh, and by the way, if you think we have seen the worst of this recession, wait till December. A cannibal holocaust may even be in the offing.
Romance / Re: “my Girlfriend Is Very Beautiful And Intelligent, But She Bedwets” Pix by 247Potential: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2016
You don't need a pic to ask for help.

5 Likes

Crime / Re: Father Rapes 15-year-old Daughter, Drugs Her To Prevent Pregnancy (photo) by 247Potential: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2016
To 'drug' someone means something else is my vocabulary though undecided
Phones / Re: WOW!! Check Out This Cool Stuff You Can Do With GOOGLE ALLO by 247Potential: 9:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Lol.. Nice one grin

6 Likes

Education / Re: See What Is Trending In Ebonyi State University (photos) by 247Potential: 8:40am On Sep 25, 2016
You'lf find worse in Banking halls around virtually all school environments.
Family / Re: Man Demand Refund Of Money Spent On Ex-fiance by 247Potential: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Your parents are under no legal obligation to give him back the money.
But for your sister's sake, it is better to give him the cash and let him go with his wahala or deception.
A lot of things can go wrong especially if all the transactions was made in the belief and your sister's approval that they would get married and that he is helping his spouse'/inlaws.
I'm talking diabolical/karma now. Apart from both of them, no one really knows the terms of their relationship.
Pets / Re: My Gsd Just Gave Birth To 7 Puppies. by 247Potential: 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
Baddo.. Money don show

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 by 247Potential: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Chai God embarassed

Conte will chop it tonight grin
Crime / Re: Finally We Caught The Lady Goat Thief In My Neighborhood (pix) by 247Potential: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
nnokwa042:
if that am around u i for flog u small

No famzing please undecided
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 by 247Potential: 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
I wish both Arsenal and Chelsea will lose embarassed

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 by 247Potential: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
That's a long wait..

Na to off gen sure pass cool
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by 247Potential: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Maxcollins042:

No thanks to the mods for the delay in moving the thread to fp

Hahaha.. Even the mod was viewing Swansea vs Man City, hence 14th delay.
Me thinks that still wouldn't have helped much.
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by 247Potential: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
GodswillAJudins:

clocked 13 pages with trash abi, WATS fu*cking up with ur brain, and what make a dummy like you feels his in any positive position to project what the Mods should do and not do fuc* off.

Did my post address a mod? NO
Did my post address you? NO

I'm not the source of your frustrations. There's a difference between the cyberworld and reality. Get your priorities right.
Crime / Re: 19-Year-Old Guy Impregnates Goat In Ghana by 247Potential: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
joseph1832:
Why?

It's possible for animals of the same genus to produce but even at that, the chances are very slim and their offsprings are usually sterile.

In this case, man and goat are of different genus I.e. Hominidae and Capra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.