Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much (27306 Views)

Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House / Calabar Girl And Her Amaricana Boyfriend Smokes Crazy In The Abuja Club (photo) / Nigerian Groom-to-be Smokes In The Toilet For Prewedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by PurestBoy(m): 9:20am On Sep 07, 2015
PDPwayoo:

stop lying. NOBODY CAN SMOKE 3 PACKETS OF CIGARETTE A DAY. EVEN CHINESE MAN WILL NOT GET TO THAT LEVEL. ONE PACKET OF CIGAR IS 20 STICKS, 3 PACKETS = 60 STICKS.

Normally smokers smoke less if they r with a girl. Smoking 3 packets in your present means he could take 10 packet when he is alone. SISTER STOP LYING.

No mind the foolish girl, 3 packs a day is a minimum of N600, if you're jobless, you can't afford that, if you have a job, you won't have the chance. I'm a chain smoker and I don't smoke a pack in day except maybe with friends and drinks. A responsible man as the OP portrays the guy will not smoke 2 packs while indoor with his babe.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by dasrackhor(m): 9:20am On Sep 07, 2015
CaptPlanet:

I kindda like your attitude about the whole thing. First you have to understand that cigarettes contains nicotine ( the substance that makes it addictive) and it's very difficult to quit so you're in for a huge task

If you really want to help him, I suggest you take some drastic measures.

Let him know that you won't visit him if he'll smoke with you around and if he does, leave his house ASAP/ do things he don't like, if he calls you let him understand that you can't stand the habit and if he really loves you, he should respect you. Deny him candy if u must (men love candy and we'll do anything to get some) That should at least cut down his smoking with you around (it's difficult but you gotta stick with it)

When this starts to work, spend more time with him, he'll reduce the way he smokes and also dispose of every packs of cigarettes around the house. Allow him some space to smoke (he can't quit abruptly)

Talk to him about it all the time, better yet NAG about it, men despise nagging. Get info on the adverse effects of smoking and show it to him, u can get pics of affected lungs off the Internet and show him. It'll stick in his subconscious mind, that should help.

Make him open up to you (men hide alot) esp how his day went, get him to trust you, don't judge him when he tell you difficult stuff, act like it's no biggie, you chics have your way with men so you should know how to get him to release all that worked up stress/emotion from a hard day.

Gradually reduce his average sticks a day (make charts with him), if he burns like 15 sticks a day, you could make it 5 a day if you go about it the right way. You can give him a treat once or twice a month, you know what he likes, like nice meal, warm bath together, seduce the living daylight out of him....use your imagination.

Finally you can get him e- cigarettes , they're healthier and more environment friendly.

PS: get him to eat a lot of fruits, let him go for detox.

I hope this helps.
Best comment so far..U deserve an award for this...Bar man 10 crates for dat dude..Nice 1..

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Originalsly: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2015
Just like so many other bad habits....women stay in relationships hoping that the man would change. Would you wait for the Leopard to change its spots? At first... before reading the entire post I was about to say if you think the smoking is bad...wait until the coughing starts...only to learn he is already at that stage. Your guy is addicted to cigarrettes (nicotine really).....and has some very serious related health issues ....the reason for the coughing. I am not sure if that coughing issue can be taken care of in Nigeria...it requires surgery. He is seriously damaged on the inside. No amount of talking or explanations or examples...or showing him photos of the very poor condition of his lungs can prevent him from quitting. He is seriously addicted....his brain is making the demands and he has to comply...mind over body. He must supply the brain with nicotine...either from the cigarrettes. ...from the expensive smokeless electronic cigarrettes or I guess from the patch. He is an addict...quickly on his way to the end of the road. My advice...move on.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Missy89(f): 9:22am On Sep 07, 2015
3 packs a day? WOW

He is a chimney

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by slap1(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2015
CaptPlanet:

Nicotine is very difficult to quit.
Yes. It creates a hunger in one that could only be quenched by more nicotine.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by PassingShot(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

its even more than 3 packs a day. I said at least 3 packs. We only spend few hours together a day and during that time, which is usually like 5/6 hours, he finishes 2 packs. It may be up to 5 packs a day..

i know i have to leave but i guess i was looking for a way to let him stop.
Take this for certainty: YOU CANNOT MAKE HIM STOP!

Chain smokers hardly stop. The chance of him stopping will not be beyond 0.00001%

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2015
Op if your bf smokes more than 3 packs while you are with him...then you are also a passive smoker and at higher risk than he is to breathing and lungs problem...cos his cigarette has filter...yours no filter. You inhale directly.

Why do you want to risk your health? Why do you want to live in a chimney?

Advice him to seek help....smoking cessation clinics or support group. Or switch to e- cigarette.

If he doesn't show interest and make effort to quit....then you quit instead.

One of you must Quit. cool

And if you still decide to stay....I can help you get job in a Coal factory or Asbestos company. Get in touch if it sounds like a thing of interest to you. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2015
PDPwayoo:

stop lying. NOBODY CAN SMOKE 3 PACKETS OF CIGARETTE A DAY. EVEN CHINESE MAN WILL NOT GET TO THAT LEVEL. ONE PACKET OF CIGAR IS 20 STICKS, 3 PACKETS = 60 STICKS.

Normally smokers smoke less if they r with a girl. Smoking 3 packets in your present means he could take 10 packet when he is alone. SISTER STOP LYING.

Sit down there dey type rubbish undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Obiwiz(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:
I met my boyfriend online. We were in a long distance relationship for a 2 months before I moved back to his town.
Before we met, he told me he smoked cigarettes but socially. I was ok with that. I thought that If he needed a cigar to calm his nerves , its alright. I do not smoke.

After we met, It turns out that he's a chain smoker. He takes at least 3 packs of cigarettes a day. After a month of dating him, I just couldn't take it anymore. After we visit each other, I reek of cigarettes. My clothes, my purses, my hair, the bed-sheet. Everything stinks. Sometimes I have to re-do my laundry. He smokes inside the house and car so the smoke is directly on me .

I talked to him about this. I told him that the smoke stinks everywhere up so bad and that I have to wash my clothes after I visit him. He got really mad and we didnt talk for days.

I love my boyfriend but I cannot take the smoking. Its also starting to affect him medically , his teeth is rotten and he coughs chronically. I tell him to stop at least for his health and he starts to give examples of non-smokers who died early or smokers who live long.

I am at my wits end because everything and everywhere stink and cigarette butts are everywhere.

How do I tell him to stop?? Or do you think its time to end the relationship.

LOL. You're still here asking for advice. You wanna settle down with someone who's liable to die young(considering he's not just a smoker but a chimney)? And again, being around such person exposes u to secondary smoke, thus making u a passive smoker. And so you too will be in for those health palavers.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by dissskirt: 9:30am On Sep 07, 2015
raayah:
I would end it if I were in your shoes. Him telling you that he smoked socially when he smokes 3 packs a day would also be a sticking point for me, and I would read into that a certain level of dishonesty.

Your boyfriend could probably get diagnosed with a substance use disorder. The stuff he's doing is fairly typical of an addict. You unfortunately most likely do not have the leverage to be able to force him to change, especially considering he's addicted to a legal substance and your relationship is newer than his addiction.

Deb is this you ?
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by vani86: 9:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Op can lie for africa sha, yes he smokes a lot but not as much as 3 packs a day, stop exaggerating, i am a smoker, very very casual smoker, about 3 sticks a day, i wont even smoke on some days.

usually after work, helps me calm down. the gf dont mind at all, she actually joins once or twice.

i admit though, even smoking a pack a day is too much, if you were my sister i will tell you to leave, 2nd hand smoke also affects non smokers
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Mufasa27(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2015
odinese:
.quit that sh!t u call a relationship coz that guy ain't gonna live long trust me!!!

Smoking kills, it causes a lot of damages in the body. It ain't gonna affect 'em now but in the future...

My fathers smokes a lot, died at age 45...so why tf do u think that sh!t gonna help the young guy?
No sh:t u can do that can make the n***a stop. He is addicted deal with it!

I don't f%#k with smokers...coz I hate that sh?t a lot!
My advice, quit!....look for a better guy. If u can't find one come over to me...ciao
What's up with the S and N word ?? So you can't construct a good english without curse words, I see nor diff btw u and a smoker !! If you want to comment on a post, do that responsibly.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by vani86: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2015
or just buy an e-cigarette for him

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by chigoizie7(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:
I met my boyfriend online. We were in a long distance relationship for a 2 months before I moved back to his town.
Before we met, he told me he smoked cigarettes but socially. I was ok with that. I thought that If he needed a cigar to calm his nerves , its alright. I do not smoke.

After we met, It turns out that he's a chain smoker. He takes at least 3 packs of cigarettes a day. After a month of dating him, I just couldn't take it anymore. After we visit each other, I reek of cigarettes. My clothes, my purses, my hair, the bed-sheet. Everything stinks. Sometimes I have to re-do my laundry. He smokes inside the house and car so the smoke is directly on me .

I talked to him about this. I told him that the smoke stinks everywhere up so bad and that I have to wash my clothes after I visit him. He got really mad and we didnt talk for days.

I love my boyfriend but I cannot take the smoking. Its also starting to affect him medically , his teeth is rotten and he coughs chronically. I tell him to stop at least for his health and he starts to give examples of non-smokers who died early or smokers who live long.

I am at my wits end because everything and everywhere stink and cigarette butts are everywhere.

Abeg leave d guy,

I even think say na better some thng the guy d smoke sef, ee come be cigarette.

Mtcheew.

If to say na weed/sk(moderately) I no for advice make u dump him,

Or maybe, ORIZ (strawberry) or D & G (strawberry).

but more than 3packs of cigarette a day? I know say na benson him go de smoke.
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by possibilita(m): 9:38am On Sep 07, 2015
RUN 4 UR LIFE

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by ogbonnasamuel72: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2015
CaptPlanet:

I kindda like your attitude about the whole thing. First you have to understand that cigarettes contains nicotine ( the substance that makes it addictive) and it's very difficult to quit so you're in for a huge task

If you really want to help him, I suggest you take some drastic measures.

Let him know that you won't visit him if he'll smoke with you around and if he does, leave his house ASAP/ do things he don't like, if he calls you let him understand that you can't stand the habit and if he really loves you, he should respect you. Deny him candy if u must (men love candy and we'll do anything to get some) That should at least cut down his smoking with you around (it's difficult but you gotta stick with it)

When this starts to work, spend more time with him, he'll reduce the way he smokes and also dispose of every packs of cigarettes around the house. Allow him some space to smoke (he can't quit abruptly)

Talk to him about it all the time, better yet NAG about it, men despise nagging. Get info on the adverse effects of smoking and show it to him, u can get pics of affected lungs off the Internet and show him. It'll stick in his subconscious mind, that should help.

Make him open up to you (men hide alot) esp how his day went, get him to trust you, don't judge him when he tell you difficult stuff, act like it's no biggie, you chics have your way with men so you should know how to get him to release all that worked up stress/emotion from a hard day.

Gradually reduce his average sticks a day (make charts with him), if he burns like 15 sticks a day, you could make it 5 a day if you go about it the right way. You can give him a treat once or twice a month, you know what he likes, like nice meal, warm bath together, seduce the living daylight out of him....use your imagination.

Finally you can get him e- cigarettes , they're healthier and more environment friendly.

PS: get him to eat a lot of fruits, let him go for detox.

I hope this helps.
Yea.......This guy thinks, there is always a way out only if you would think .....so accept this counsel

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by ProdigyLoco(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2015
cigarette has annoying smell and it last for days , it has so many bad side effects, wonder why its legal
marijuana on the other hand known to be medicinal is illegal.. smh at the typa world we live in
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by JoelXclusive: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

U Joined Nairaland today and you're already making FP! Hmmmm. There is God oo! *in patience voice*
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by emmanuel596(m): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

its even more than 3 packs a day. I said at least 3 packs. We only spend few hours together a day and during that time, which is usually like 5/6 hours, he finishes 2 packs. It may be up to 5 packs a day..

i know i have to leave but i guess i was looking for a way to let him stop.
You ar just being stupid....u guys spend 5/6 hours a day no kisses no cuddle u just sit and watch him smoke......today is Monday don't stay dumb forever go get a job

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Ikaosunwon(m): 9:47am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

Actually, my boyfriend is a very good man. He is very down to earth and respectful. He will never ever punch me. He helps around the house, he cooks for himself and even helps do my hair. He is perfect. Its just sad that he has this addiction. Please do not insult him.

This is the reason why I am confused about the smoking because that's his only flaw. Its a really bad flaw but he's a very good man and i wish I could help him.

Hey miss.Let's make an analogy, what is your best food?
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by mikeapollo: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2015
jumanche:

So you kiss and lick his rotten teeth?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by chigoizie7(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Hold his hands and look into his eyes and make sure he is looking into yours as well and repeat after me.

OP: Sweetheart do you love me?
BF: You know I do
OP: I love you too very much but I need to talk to you
BF: Is anything the matter?
OP: Yes something very serious and if nothing is done about it could damage this relationship.
I want to ask you a question. Is it possible to replace a living loving person with an inanimate object?
BF: Thats ridiculous. Whats really the matter
OP: You would soon be replacing me with your cigarettes if you do not quit them.
You are an awesome guy but this is my only concern about you and honestly its a really big concern which has forced me to take this position. I am not breaking up with you but I am taking some time out. And the duration of my time out is up to you.
If you quit smoking 2moro I will be back but if you decide to continue then remember what I look like now because it would be the last memory of me you would have.

BF: .....................but, ..................ok I have heard you.

OP play out this script. If it doesn't work then your boyfriend is a lost cause.

Story, u really don't know the power behind smoking,
My papa has smoked for more than 45yrs now, no one fit stop him, even when a scan was carried out to see how his lungs are, still he no send, upon say d man dey diabetic, nothing wey doctors never use scare the man make him stop smoking, for were?

So, my dear, all those ur love words no go work on d guy,

D guy already told dis gal dat he smokes b4 dey start dating but did not tell her that he is a chan smoker. The reason why he told her in d 1st place is for the gal to accept him d way he is as he aint gonna quit.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Tomiwaa(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2015
afamjb:
ur boyfriend smokes 3 packs of cigarettes a day wch is =60 sticks, d guy no dey chop food na only to dey smoke he sabi. Op pls leave him before he smokes u one day.
LMFAOOOOOOOO
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by obontami: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2015
CaptPlanet:

I'm not relationship pro but i'll try as much as I can
ok

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by ochedan(m): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2015
Stay wit him as long as u love hime.
Leave him to keep ur personality.
Leave him to avoid becoming early widow.

Follow ur mind bt for me 'll leave him
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by BrOwnSuga3: 9:51am On Sep 07, 2015
The truth is, you can't make him stop smoking cigarete until he decides on his own to stop

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Harfisco(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2015
While still with him,you remain the secondary smoker and am sure you know what that means

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by sorextee(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2015
3 packs daily.. Me wey dey smoke 5 sticks daily still dey learn.. Pray for him to quit.. There's nothing God cannot do.. if He could deliver some pastors from smoking, what more him...
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by Eberex(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2015
See what love is causing? Even when your health is at risk.....

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by CandyBar: 9:58am On Sep 07, 2015
In 15 years......you'll be grateful to yourself for leaving him (That's if you do).

Love is best with a good health. Carrying the man you "Love" for dialysis is not beans.

More so......inhaling the exhaled smoke is worse than smoking.

Wise up......protect yourself......You need Life to Love.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by dotmandt: 10:00am On Sep 07, 2015
It's not going to be easy to stop him like dat ooooooooo but if u really love him and u are ready to help him stop d habit is going to be a gradual process.
1.Prayer
2.Cancelling
3.Advising him from time 2 time to try and reduce the numbers of cigaratte, keep repeat the same method 4rm time to time
4.Regular health check up
Re: My Boyfriend Smokes Too Much by balancediet(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2015
missdebs:
for the sake of your health and that of your future kids, leave the bros
Wrong advice, what has smoking got to do with attitude and emotions? what if it is the lady that has an addiction and d guy dumped her, bsides she has not told us her excesses, i dont smoke but i dont think she shud end d relationship, let her help him, thats what friends are for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Prayer Lines Single Ladies Pray Before Stepping Out / 'Why Men Have Every Right To Cheat On Their Women' – Nigerian Man (Video) / My Surprise Proposal And Engagement Party - Gavel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.