Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? (84555 Views)

How Do I Handle This? / How To Tame Your Stubborn Girlfriend / How Can I Handle An Overdemanding Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by emancipation1(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2015
OP, I decided to make a comment because I once had a similar experience and at a point reading your message felt like I was the one narrating my own story....but I must be frank with you, the root of your emotion or whatever u call it is weakness and until u be a man and make your decisions firm will u ever enjoy having anything to do with a lady cos those pple aint smiling....u need to be a man and move ahead make money and get bitches trembling and being loyal by force...peace

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by dapsonlou(m): 12:55am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:
We started dating in 2011 after a year of asking her out. I just love her naturally not for anything. Admittedly, her stubbornness might be partly due to my over pampering at the initial stage of our relationship, I was naive but I think 4 years is actually a long time for the love to be balanced. At every point in time she claims she loves me more, but no evidence whatsoever to show for it. I don't want to venture into crazy things I've done for her, that's a story for another day.
It appears she takes delight in frustrating me due to my simple nature, actually I can be stubborn too, but not with regards to relationship because I believe it's all about compromise. She's inconsiderate and selfish, always wants to have her way at all time even though I have to sacrifice my convenience for her umpteen times. I'm scared of settling down with a woman who'll finally kill me, I love her no doubt. But it appears love is not enough. Someone talk to me pls

So why are you with her?
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by toksbisola: 1:02am On Oct 08, 2015
@OP; you’re a bit too soft (no offence; hope none taken) and please toughen up a little bit as your GF have wrapped you round her little finger.

When you’re in a relationship, these 4 things are vital; Love, Compatibility, Respect and Friendship. Aside that, there’re 2 important things you need to know when dealing with women;

1) Never ever let a woman know/sense that you love her more than she loves you. If you do you’re game. Your GF knows and that’s probably why she’s currently misbehaving.
2) Never ever let a woman know what your weak point is as a man. If she knows it, you’re game. Your GF knows that you can’t do without her.

You’ve spoken to her several times about this her stubbornness and it hasn’t yielded any result. Let’s do it this way; I’ll advise you to take a break from your GF at least for a month. Cut off all communication with (that’s brutal right; but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures) her during that period. Sit down and observe what happens within that month.

If she really cares; then you’ll see her wanting reconciliation. You said she’s currently not answering your calls right? Ignore her and don’t go cracking up. I know it’ll be hard as you really like her but it doesn’t appear as if she's reciprocating the gesture back.

Note these 2 points;

1) Never marry anyone out of pity simply because you have been with them for a long time and you don’t want them to lose out.

2) Marry for true love so that when the challenges start occurring in the marital bond (and best believe challenges would arise) that the love both of you have built up would be able to withstand the ups and downs that would occur; take note that MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

Don’t forget that she’s a woman who’s biological clock is ticking and if you honestly would not be able to look beyond her stubbornness and perhaps her external beauty; PLEASE FREE HER AND FREE YOURSELF. Don’t have a selfish attitude (No offence hope none taken) where you want to have your cake and eat it by keeping her and STILL HAVING DOUBTS.

Lastly, never say there might not be another person as good as her as that'll be TOTALLY WRONG. You probably might be driving other ladies who meet your criteria away by remaining with the one you're currently managing to your own detriment.

I rest my case

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by khk01: 1:02am On Oct 08, 2015
Stubborn girlfriend ke...abeg make person make money first, some of dis gurls are frustrating.Make dem still dey there papa house joor.ABEG HELP A BRODA HERE OOOOOO.PLEASE I NEED PROJECT MATERIALS FOR BANKING AND FINANCE STUDENT...FREEEE OO ABEG,I MUST SUBMIT BEFORE ENDING..GOD BLESS
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 08, 2015
Really for four f*#ing yrs? and you been putting up with her bs all these while..man if truly u could tolerate her this long I think u should just marry her.. After all, love they say "conquers all"
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by jornie(m): 1:19am On Oct 08, 2015
godwil114:
go Bleep ur self....
na u dey do the guy babe abi...*wink*
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by AreaFada2: 1:19am On Oct 08, 2015
Harbosede02:
It's obvious u love her and U've shown it to her too much that shez nw taking it all for granted.... Y nt try the I don't care attitude some time,make her realise ur life doesn't depend on the relationship(even if it does)let her knw u av so many options.

That would be OP living a lie. A girl who truly loves him would appreciate his effusive show of love.

She doesn't deserve a gentle and loving guy.

She might even be the kind of girl who wants to be abused/beaten up. Some girls have admitted that weird stuff to me before.

She's has not even replied him for two days. Assuming she's not lying unconscious in some ITU bed, it's the height of disrespect.
She might even be camping in the house of one No-Future-Ambition (NFA) guy as we speak. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by sthugo: 1:27am On Oct 08, 2015
@op
Take a very long walk..dont even look back,she isnt yours,and cant be yours that's the bitter truth..

You ve really missed out in making her yours by allowing her to be in charge,which is the biggest error a guy will create in a relationship.

Move on and meet someone else,even if she tries coming,never take her seriously again,I warn you.

A woman is always a woman
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by jornie(m): 1:40am On Oct 08, 2015
Jayne07:

I can relate

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by timedal: 1:42am On Oct 08, 2015
midolian:
your stubborness still better na. grin
Why don't u guys get a room... cool cool
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by InvertedHammer: 1:51am On Oct 08, 2015
/
What happened to "walking away"?

/
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by SmartMugu: 1:52am On Oct 08, 2015
johnson232:

This is real weakness, did u offend her?
Is she your first love?
How old are u?
U sound too soft.
I was goin to ask same questions. OP sounded like it's the first girl he ever messed with. It's easy to tell when a man is feeling a girl and she's not feeling him, it's natural. Why force a relationship through a girl's throat?
Option 1: keep trying like u did for 4 years or however long you mentioned.
Option 2: bounce, it's way too many girls around compared to the number of available men, why get imprisoned by one that doesn't value ur intentions?

Get out there bro, it's several women out there praying for someone like you.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by fxbot: 1:56am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:
Thanks to everyone who has his /her time to reply to my post. I feel better now, most of the suggestions here are to the effect that I should call off the relationship. I've thought about that severally, I'm wary of taking a decision like this while I still feel hurt, sometimes I feel like I'm seeing all these faults because I'm angry, who gets my drift here? So I think I'll allow myself cool off, when all things are equal and my head is cleared, I'll take a rational decision. More suggestions are actually welcome
i have been through this before.

1, she knows you love her so much and she taking it for granted. I am yet to find a girl who doesn't!

2. She knows your weak point based on 1 above and she is using it against you.

3. She doesn't really love you.

4. There is nothing anyone here will say that will make you end the relationship. Guess what will? When she dump you. 4 will surely happen. 4 is the only cure to your mumuism because it's often is the case.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by JhaayYoung: 1:58am On Oct 08, 2015
All I want you to remember is.. Marriage hasn't got an expiration date. If this is what you want forever then, you certainly should marry her. But if Peace is what you desire for the rest of your life, then maybe you should reconsider.. LOve isn't Dumb bro, it is compromising, if she always wants to have her way and can't compromise for you.. THEN!!! DO the needful by moving on Bro
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by solidade: 2:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Talking to her won't work.....Am very sure of that

Then why are you wasting both her and your time? If communication is not a solution then what is the solution. You've been with her 4 years and never addressed this issue. Now you say she won't listen, I don't understand.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by IamAtribalist: 2:05am On Oct 08, 2015
cool Faack her in the ass-that's all; and she would calm down.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Amorl(m): 2:10am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

I've tried, I've held myself for a whole week without any form of communication with her, but that was d highest I could go, we settled and she promised to adjust, as it is now I perceive she's incorrigible, it's either i accept her that way, or I take a walk. But I'm also scared of her falling into the wrong hands....
You're already in the wrong hands bro...you might just have to take a walk, it's difficult but trust me you'd get over it and move on. I've bn a victim too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by fxbot: 2:13am On Oct 08, 2015
telad:
@Op, remember when we where all young and wanted that bicycle so much as if our next breath depended on it. We cry n cry, some got theirs n others didn't, guess what... I belong to d latter n I didn't die today.

Such is life, it's a phase n u will outgrow it. Let her go, I promise u fresh breath after your one week break up stamina.

My younger bro chased a gal for 2years, he won't eat until I talked to d gal. d gal will accept n say good stuff in my presence, and kick my bro in d but with her melancholy attitude. I tried putting him tru d basis of dating n seduction, he wud not follow. I started eating his food n gave up on him, I told him point blank that if u r gonna die cos of a gal, I will eat your food n hope your fasting works.

He finally broke up (though wasn't easy for him) but he didn't die cos he started taking his meals Lolsss.

4months later, d gal called n discussed at length with him, called 3 times. He wanted to call back, I told him not to. He said that's not fair n I ask him if life or d gal has been fair. In short d gal begged n begged, got d relationship back but den my bro eye/love don kpemeh. He learned a lot n has really improved greatly in his love life, I apologized for being too hard on his behind then n we laughed over it.
Sorry @Op for d epistle but just for u to got the picture.

PULL N PUSH is d game with ladies, too much of either will bring pain, strive for a balance. Your problem is excessive PULL.

You gave the best reply here...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by armyofone(m): 2:16am On Oct 08, 2015
Move on, you are not happy in your relationship. Please don't force it or force her to be the person she isn't.
You guys should pack it up. It will be painful but time will heal the heartache. Better than living with what you don't like.
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Excelento(m): 2:19am On Oct 08, 2015
ITS A RED SIGNAL THAT BOTH OF YOU CANNOT MAKE A GOOD HOME IN THE FUTURE AS A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER THAN A BROKEN HOME.
SHIKENA!
GBAM!!
LOBATAN!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 08, 2015
it's simple. She is ONLY in the relationship for financial and material gain. I'll be damned if i ignore someone i claim to love for an entire day just because i'm "angry". I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your gf does not love you. simple.

OP, you are young, early 20's, you literally have your ENTIRE life ahead of you.. Please dump the idiot you call a gf. Stay single a while and be happy and comfortable with yourself as a single man. The right woman will NEVER make you feel the way your current gf is making you feel.

It's time to wake up and move on!
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by danny56: 2:42am On Oct 08, 2015
Bro believe me I had similar experience as yours and I walked away about a month now... I really can't trust any lady anymore after that experience. D cause is that u showed her d love too much and she understood it very well, they make u feel like if u Walk away u won't get any other lady like them again or even better. It's a huge lie, Just dare it and see!

I have one pretty lady now chasing me, telling me she's in love with me and that if she sees me with any other lady she could get jealous...Without me saying anything to her. Guess what? I prefer to settle down with someone like her because she will do all d chasing and protecting which I love. However my mind set about ladies has changed generally I must tell u.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by galaxy4rep(m): 2:42am On Oct 08, 2015
Go get a book called *48 laws of power and art of seduction by Robert Greene ,read it and come for thanksgiving!
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by fromnigeria(m): 2:42am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:
We started dating in 2011 after a year of asking her out. I just love her naturally not for anything. Admittedly, her stubbornness might be partly due to my over pampering at the initial stage of our relationship, I was naive but I think 4 years is actually a long time for the love to be balanced. At every point in time she claims she loves me more, but no evidence whatsoever to show for it. I don't want to venture into crazy things I've done for her, that's a story for another day.
It appears she takes delight in frustrating me due to my simple nature, actually I can be stubborn too, but not with regards to relationship because I believe it's all about compromise. She's inconsiderate and selfish, always wants to have her way at all time even though I have to sacrifice my convenience for her umpteen times. I'm scared of settling down with a woman who'll finally kill me, I love her no doubt. But it appears love is not enough. Someone talk to me pls
Op why not notify her about this, then tell her know that it doesn't just makes you tired of the relationship, but is capable of ending it someday. Thanks

hope this helps
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 08, 2015
KittenPaws:
it's simple. She is ONLY in the relationship for financial and material gain. I'll be damned if i ignore someone i claim to love for an entire day just because i'm "angry". I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your gf does not love you. simple.

OP, you are young, early 20's, you literally have your ENTIRE life ahead of you.. Please dump the idiot you call a gf. Stay single a while and be happy and comfortable with yourself as a single man. The right woman will NEVER make you feel the way your current gf is making you feel.

It's time to wake up and move on!

spot on... uve said all i'd wanted to say... sad tho
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by emperorzz(m): 2:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Like serzly, I wish I can help u buh, u see dat woman something eh? Leave am. Find one worwor girl wey loyal, wey go help ur destiny. Leave all dis video guirls wey just nor dey ever satisfy with d love of just one man..causing us heartaches. Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by ZeezaRapture(m): 2:55am On Oct 08, 2015
wasak:

For two days now she has not been replying my messages. Irony of life, a phone I bought for her

i swear, she only wants to milk you drrrryyy. Bro u beta run
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by Zoe1(f): 2:55am On Oct 08, 2015
Work online as an advertising officer and get paid every month with your opera supported phone visit http://PayRefe.com/?ref=121212 and start making money up to $300
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by benmike2358: 2:58am On Oct 08, 2015
Re: How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? by RichieF27: 3:09am On Oct 08, 2015
Hahahahaha sorry I laughed this part is just funny
wasak:

For two days now she has not been replying my messages. Irony of life, a phone I bought for her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / Loneliness & Dating Abroad: Perspectives of a Nigerian Student in The U.S / President Of Nigerian Prostitutes, JessicaElvis Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.