Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533031 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
greetings to all gurus in the house. please i want to travel with my 2 months old son this summer to US. my question is: should i fill a separate DS160 form for him?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
went for interview today ..the angry v.o denied me
Transcript
v.o-where are you going?
me-chicago
v.o-what are you going to do?
me-to attend my brother's wife graduation ceremony from the uni of illinois
v.o-how many weeks are you stayin
2weeks

v.o-what do you do
me-i am a student
v.o what level
final year
v.o-are you married
no
v.o-have you travelled out before
me-no
v.o-sorry your visa cant be approved dis time
i noticed The v.o was very angry with d man in front of me
what cld have been my mistake pls?
Cc Beniyoha01 seyewest

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Can you post the transcript?

And what really do you mean by: (we used my application form which i used to process mine for him[i][/i]) ?

i did an application in august before we got married and i was given the two year visa so we just used the same method to fill out his form but the VO is just looking into his uk, saying it was fake and all that which isn't true as he has been using the visa for 3 years to travel into the uk and that was it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ghhfghgg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
bjhaid:
Transcript
v.o-where are you going?
me-chicago

The denial has no links with the VO's anger, my colleague went yesterday and the VO had to talk down at the guy before him because he refused to leave after being denied, the VO got angry and my colleague was scared it will rob off on him but fortunately it did not, he got it!

The problems spotted in your case are:
1) Not married
2) Not working
3) Final year students have far more things to worry about (Project, Exams & graduation)
4) Travel history
5) Purpose of trip (It wasn't important for you to attend your brothers wife's graduation, Intent was really trivial but could still pass if you had
good ties or luck)

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
barbrachad:

i did an application in august before we got married and i was given the visa, so we used the same format for him.also still Confused on why the VO was only asking questions about his uk visa, saying it was fake and he was used the visa for 3 years without any issue

I sincerely think there's more to this case than what meets the eye... it could be one of his entry to the UK or something not visibly clear.
These VO's know and have seen countless of UK visas and know how to spot a fake one or not.

Questions are:
* Is the UK visa sticker crisp or rumpled?
* Did the passport fall into water?
* Has he applied to the US before with fake stickers?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Beniyoha01:

The denial has no links with the VO's anger, my colleague went yesterday and the VO had to talk down at the guy before him because he refused to leave after being denied, the VO got angry and my colleague was scared it will rob off on him but fortunately it did not, he got it!

The problems spotted in your case are:
1) Not married
2) Not working
3) Final year students have far more things to worry about (Project, Exams & graduation)
4) Travel history
5) Purpose of trip (It wasn't important for you to attend your brothers wife's graduation, Intent was really trivial but could still pass if you had
good ties or luck)
okay bro..i intend applyin for student visa later dis year, do i need to travel to one or two countries to boost my chances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
bjhaid:
okay bro..i intend applyin for student visa later dis year, do i need to travel to one or two countries to boost my chances

For student visas you really do not need travel ties but if you do have it, it's a plus.
it also shows you'll return home after your study.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ivian: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hi please since I'm going for tourism my date is for late April can I change my travel date to March I don't know if I might have issues at the port of entry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
Beniyoha01:

For student visas you really do not need travel ties but if you do have it, it's a plus.
it also shows you'll return home after your study.
okay thanks bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ivian: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello please I want to know if It's ok to travel this month but my application was for late April and I'm going for tourism don't want to have issues at the port of entry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
ivian:
Hello please I want to know if It's ok to travel this month but my application was for late April and I'm going for tourism don't want to have issues at the port of entry

If it's tourism and not annotated, you are fine!
If it's conference/training, going early may raise eyebrows!

Visa's been running from the day you interviewed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
greetings to all gurus in the house. please i want to travel with my 2 months old son this summer to US. my question is: should i fill a separate DS160 form for him?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
@bjhaid (and future readers) please look at the paragragh that describes ties in. The attachment that Barbrchad posted.
You did not show u had ties . Basically what Benny said. In your final year, what u want to do is travel? Your intentions may be genuine but without demonstrating that u can be trusted the vo would not give u. Hmmmm. A few months after being rejectedd for a B visa, u go for a student visa? I fear the burden of proof has become higher.

Barbrachad. If indeed the Uk visa is for real. My advice is-Give it 3 months. Reapply and in the space for why were u rejected, Mr Barbrchad should go to town. He can state that he feels he was denied cos the vo felt he had a fake visa but the UK visa no is bla bla and the visas were used on bla bla dates. Those infos are verifiable and will most likely be looked into.
If there's no urgency to travel, then serzly give it 3 months. Don't create bias in the mind of the next vo by reapplying very soon

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Herbwise:
Yes
Yes
Yes.
The answer is also on the US website. EVERY applicant MUST pay the mrv and fill a form.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Beniyoha01:

I sincerely think there's more to this case than what meets the eye... it could be one of his entry to the UK or something not visibly clear.
These VO's know and have seen countless of UK visas and know how to spot a fake one or not.

Questions are:
Again. Visas can be verified between agencies and embassies. So either the vo was in a foul mood or the poster truly is innocent. They are in the best position to know. If they have carried a fake uk visa, and its been noted, na them go pay for it with MANY MANY subsequent refusals
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beniyoha01(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Again. Visas can be verified between agencies and embassies. So either the vo was in a foul mood or the poster truly is innocent. They are in the best position to know. If they have carried a fake uk visa, and its been noted, na them go pay for it with MANY MANY subsequent refusals

I'll also add that people be careful who you tie your visa's with so you don't have future problems at POE/Dropbox.

For instance if he had once or did have fake sticker(s) on his passport you must know that his profile is now tied to yours automatically, this could bring up questions. You can't completely vouch for anyone's integrity except yourself only.

Nigerians have done crazy worse things for visa. But as ladyG posted above, reapply after 3 months and let the VO know about the supposedly wrong accusation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes
Yes
Yes.
The answer is also on the US website. EVERY applicant MUST pay the mrv and fill a form.
thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
andyjyd:

Thanks seyewest
I got 7:30am appointment today and got my visa to be pick up next 3days.
YESSSSSSSS OOOOOOOO Congrats bro... The lord is your strength...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
andyjyd:

Thanks seyewest
I got 7:30am appointment today and got my visa to be pick up next 3days.
Please can we have the transcript?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
barbrachad:
Hello Everyone,
my husband was refused U.S vist visa under section 214(B) which has left us very confused as we used my application form which i used to process mine for him, so all document was correct but the VO was so focused on his uk visa and just rejected him for no reason.
any ways we want to reapply again but we don't know if we must wait 90 days before applying as i have seen reviews of people re applying within a couple of weeks and are some are giving the visa but some are still refused.
what do we please
If it's for vacation wait for 3 months if it's for something urgent I suppose he can reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
bjhaid:
Transcript
v.o-where are you going?
me-chicago
v.o-what are you going to do?
me-to attend my brother's wife graduation ceremony from the uni of illinois
v.o-how many weeks are you stayin
2weeks

v.o-what do you do
me-i am a student
v.o what level
final year
v.o-are you married
no
v.o-have you travelled out before
me-no
v.o-sorry your visa cant be approved dis time
i noticed The v.o was very angry with d man in front of me
Cc Beniyoha01 seyewest
To be honest most V.O reject student I mean not all but most time they do, the reason they usually give is that they do not have enough ties.
Can you wait till you're done with school and also build up your travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
ivian:
You're free to travel anytime if it's tourism (B1/B2) you applied for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
seyewest:

To be honest most V.O reject student I mean not all but most time they do, the reason they usually give is that they do not have enough ties.
Can you wait till you're done with school and also build up your travel history?
sure
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere i'll be applyin for student visa around november
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
Beniyoha01:

Questions are:
thanks everyone for your help so far.
The uk visa isn't a visitor's visa so nothing is wrong with it and no damages what's ever has happened to the passport. hw called the uk emassy so they could have a look or give some kind of letter to prove it isn't fake
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
barbrachad:

thanks everyone for your help so far.
The uk visa isn't a visitor's visa so nothing is wrong with it and no damages what's ever has happened to the passport. hw called the uk emassy so they could have a look or give some kind of letter to prove it isn't fake
What did they reply u?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

listen yeah, i came here for advice and clearly not in a good mood. if you cant say anything thing useful then don't chat shit Bruv.
his has done his Beng course with that passport and visa and now a doing masters with that same visa. saying "na them go pay for it with MANY MANY subsequent refusals" is bare shit. so kindly don't comment as you have nothing useful to say cause all documents were right including letters from the uni. all the VO did has say passport looked faked and was asking why he got a British accent.

others who have been supportive thanks a lot, he would just wait and re apply again from the uk.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
barbrachad:

listen yeah, i came here for advice and clearly not in a good mood. if you cant say anything thing useful then don't chat shit Bruv.
his has done his Beng course with that passport and visa and now a doing masters with that same visa. saying "na them go pay for it with MANY MANY subsequent refusals" is bare shit. so kindly don't comment as you have nothing useful to say cause all documents were right including letters from the uni. all the VO did has say passport looked faked and was asking why he got a British accent.

others who have been supportive thanks a lot, he would just wait and re apply again from the uk.
no be small thing undecided embarassed

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
barbrachad:

Honey this post made me laugh. U are in a bad mood. Ok. So? Does that stop me from commenting? U posted in a public forum. Be prepared for any response u get.
And if u can come out your funk and be objective, I gave u the benefit of the doubt and gave u my opinion on how your ish could be dealt with. I then responded to my friend and made a general comment. But hey?! Who cares.
U can go and have a relationship with your neighbourhood transformer for all I care. U think u are the only one in a bad mood?! Hissssss

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by andyjyd(m): 6:11am On Mar 10, 2016
seyewest:
Please can we have the transcript?

Yes Bro.

After fingers print.
Vo: where r u going in US?
Me: New York
Vo: To do what?
Me:Going for conference.
Vo:what conference?
Me: Inside 3D printing conference.
Vo:have u travel out of the country before?
Me:Yes
Vo:where
Me:France,Tanzania, Ghana
Me: forgot UAE but tell her Abu Dhabi
Vo: What do u do for a living?
Me: An employee of abcz. Company
Vo: Are u marry?
Me: Yes
Vo: How many kid?
Me:Two kids and expecting the third baby by May.
Vo:sir go and pick your visa in the next 3days.
Me:Giving God the glory inside me from inside the embassy.
It's God ooooooooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2016
Congrats Andy.
Please a favour. Lotsa folks always ask questions about conferences. Can u kindly tell us how and if u paid, how u got the conference and any other info for other conference appliers (sic)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.