Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? (26864 Views)

RVP To Manchester United: Who Is The Greatest Beneficiary? / Arsenal Vs Manchester United: Who Wins? / Ojuelegba Boys Vs. Manchester United: Who Go Win? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by manuel(m): 10:51pm On May 22, 2005
I am a staunch Arsenal fan and I think the gunners are greater. What do you think?
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Allenpowered(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2005
check out the pedgree...man utd is far greater, the only other team that can compete is liverpool.

but talking about man utd and arsenal, man utd outplayed arsenal(was arsenal simply scared of man utd's dominance over the years) but arsenal won! painful!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by legry(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2005
Allen is sad what happened but you know what ive come to find out Manu is far far greater than Arsenal, you see in football this kind of events are actually needed, Manu played a hundred % better but Arsenal won, is going to be good story and a continous argument in the football circle Glory glory man united, glory glory man united glory gloy man united as the boys go marching on. GO MANU GO!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Ra(f): 10:48am On May 23, 2005
This is a typical case of bad belle. Forget all the grammar, Arsenal won. Full stop! The best team won! Man U........ play more, fight less and better luck next time..... grin
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Allenpowered(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2005
nah...

as Ferguson will say: "the cup is on loan"

we'll get it back cool grin cool
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by whizkid(f): 12:50pm On May 23, 2005
Ra:

The best team won! Man U........ play more, fight less and better luck next time..... grin

Lets just say the god of soccer was on their side, how do you explain the fact that Man U did the playing and Arsenal did the scoring. angry
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Ra(f): 1:02pm On May 23, 2005
Ah ah ah....... now now.. whatever happened to losing gracefully?

Unh?
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by manuel(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2005
Man U fans make me laugh in spanish, just imagine them talking about playing Arsenal and then saying they lost like they were cheated. boys & girls of Man U football is about the goals scored and not about how you play. One thing that rips my heart off is when Man U supporters compare Wayne Rooney to the GREAT Thierry Henry, it shows you who those in the Man U camp are.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Ra(f): 4:37pm On May 23, 2005
Word! True word, indeed Manuel. Tell them about it. tongue
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Shiyara(m): 5:16pm On May 23, 2005
The best ones do not always win! Man U is the greater one compared to Arsenal! It was just one of those days! I am sure that Arsenal, deep in their hearts, are not really contented, knowing that they did not win the cup in a dignified manner!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Allenpowered(m): 5:35pm On May 23, 2005
my man abeg tell them make dem hear

Man U 4eva!!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Ra(f): 7:26pm On May 23, 2005
Sweetheart, you can keep the 'dignified manner', we'll make do with the cup.....deal? Good. Now leave us in peace to celebrate......
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Allenpowered(m): 7:29pm On May 23, 2005
well as i have said earlier u can do whteva u wish with the silverware till next season...we'll get it bacl. have a nice celebration
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Vieira(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2005
Man U are a team in decline and they need to get rid of Alex Ferguson if they want to progress.

The reality of football is that to win a match you have to score, if you do not them you cannot win.

People say Arsenal did not play well on the Cup day, well can you rephrase that please.

Maybe Dennis and Fabregas and Pires and Reyes did not play well but can anyone say that Lehsman and Sanderos did not play well?

They played great by defending well and keeping out Man U, soccer is a team sport lets not forget.

Come on you Gunners!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by bootysue(f): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2005
Man U........ play more, fight less and better luck next time.....

tell them brother, football is arsenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

did i hear anyone say man U? hell No. this isn't a thug talk.

however, chelsea is the big boss. long live josse!!!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by CimonJorr(m): 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2005
Chelsea   grin
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by pkrix(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2005
I am no fan of either club. But I think Man U plays better football; much better football than Arsenal.

Though, man U plays better; but Thierry Henry as an individual plays better than anybody in Man U.

up Arsenal, upper Man U and Of course uppermost Barcelona

(Note:- That Henry of Arsenal cannot be compared with my Ronaldinho)
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Vieira(m): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2005
pkrix:

I am no fan of either club. But I think Man U plays better football; much better football than Arsenal.

Though, man U plays better; but Thierry Henry as an individual plays better than anybody in Man U.

up Arsenal, upper Man U and Of course uppermost Barcelona

(Note:- That Henry of Arsenal cannot be compared with my Ronaldinho)

shocked shocked

Blasphemy!!!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Greatpeter(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2005
I am not a fan of any of the clubs but I prefer Arsenal to Man U.
CHELSEA IS THE TEAM TO BEAT NOW.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Chxta(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2005
In England there are 4 teams...

In order of greatness: Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal... and the rest.

I hate English football! tongue
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by c0dec(m): 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2005
right on the money Chxta. english football sucks. it's just plain hype. nothin more.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Chxta(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2005
Blame the British media. Example, on his blog, your friend Trae z says that BBC's site is the best when it comes to covering football. That's a typical English fan talking. He evidently hasn't heard of Xtratime.org, Goal.com and Planetfootball.com! But then, maybe I am biased because I get bored of the English!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by c0dec(m): 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2005
yeah goal.com rulez. well, i'm not so biased. i will give credit to an english team or some english based players if they deserve it.

i'm just sick of the british media and supersport.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Chxta(m): 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2005
How the f*ck does one post a new thread in this site?!? I had one for the sports section that I am seeing in chatterbox!!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by c0dec(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2005
it's the idea of the admin. new threads go to the chatterbox first. if it then gets enough replies or hits, he then moves the thread to the appropriate section.

too much stress, if u ask me.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by jogego(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2005
Can anybody mention a team that has never EVER been relegated from the premier division of the English League?

ARSENAL

Thats who. Wenger for me has to be one of the best coaches around. Look at his track record, gets them young and rough and polishes them up. As Viera said, Fergie is too old and needs to go. The longer Manyu keep him though, the better for us. Any more evidence needed other than Diego Forlan? This guy was crucified and villified @ Old Trafford. He goes to Villareal and scores so much goals that the club qualifies for Europe for the first time in their history. How would this season have been if Forlan had stayed in place of Horsey(Van Nistlerooy).
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by c0dec(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2005
JUVE have never been relegated from the serie a. NEVER!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by jogego(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2005
well, we are talking Premiership here. talking about Juve though, not until Capello came in b4 I began watching them. Juve play effective football not out to entertain, just to score. What is football without entertaining? Which is why I love the Primera Liga. Its not about scoring, but how u score.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Chxta(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2005
jogego:

well, we are talking Premiership here. talking about Juve though, not until Capello came in before I began watching them. Juve play effective football not out to entertain, just to score. What is football without entertaining? Which is why I love the Primera Liga. Its not about scoring, but how you score.
Entertainment never brought trophies. Ask Milan
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by c0dec(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2005
liverpool were also successful in the CL because they didn't play english soccer. they played a very effective game that was not entertaining at all using catenaccio (a classic italian strategy).

but i never heard any premiership fan complaining that l'pool played boring.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by chimanu2000(m): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2005
"Thats who. Wenger for me has to be one of the best coaches around. Look at his track record, gets them young and rough and polishes them up. As Viera said, Fergie is too old and needs to go. The longer Manu keep him though, the better for us. Any more evidence needed other than Diego Forlan? This guy was crucified and villified @ Old Trafford. He goes to Villareal and scores so much goals that the club qualifies for Europe for the first time in their history. How would this season have been if Forlan had stayed in place of Horsey(Van Nistlerooy)."-jogego
Before i go on ill have to declare unapologeticall that i am a MANU fan.But i pride myself on being objective. I agree that arsenal have never been relegated in the premier division, but its not enough to say arsenal is greater than manu. like chxta says in england its liverpool, manu then arsenal. in recent days its been more manu than anyother team the records speak for themselves arsenal comes a distant 2nd. As for the forlan issue. if you were a manager would you give forlan as much time as fergie did. i have always been a fan of deigo but you all agree he was as best frustrating to watch. he'd put in all the effort but fail to hit the back of the net .old trafford fans admired him for his effort and it was sad to have him leave, but it was his choice given hi limited playing time. well jogego dont forget stepanovs, boa morte, cygan, jeffers, upson,pennant and co.give sir alex some credit he been there done that aberdeen and now manu. in the last decade manu has been no1
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by nike4luv(f): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2005
Arsenal rules y'all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion (1 - 0) On 25th November 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 15th January 2017 / Shrewsbury Town Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 2) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.