Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians (41609 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by bisdam9086(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2015
deeptesting:
I am married but separated you need to see the treatment i was accorded in Church. The pastor called out all the men to wait for further discussion on an issue and i joined the crew as a man who is above youthful age.. Low and behold they separated us, single men, separated or divorced and held their meeting and never called put to put us on the know on the outcome as promised.

So i assumed their definition of a 'man" is that which is married and living with his wife and children.. Well, life is too short to hang on to the unnecessary so i quit the church.

Now searching for a new place where Jesus Christ the non discriminator is present.

I think the reason why your pastor had to separate you guys is that living with a woman is not easy. For a man to be living with a woman means that the man is very tolerant . Living with a woman is tantamount to living with a mad person(No offence). The strong skills used to endure and maintain a relationship with a woman for years can be required to make decision in the Society because it requires a lot of intelligence to stay under a roof with a woman for years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Sunseeker: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2015
For Nigerian woman Marriage =

1 .ESCAPE FROM PARENTAL PRESSURE
2 .RESPECT FROM PARENTS
3. RESPECT FROM INLAWS
4. REGULAR BRAZILIAN HAIR
5 .A WEALTHY HUSBAND
6 .LEGITIMATE CHILDREN ( African Tradition & Culture)
7. A HOUSE
8. POSSIBLE VISA FOR UK OR LONDON.
9. TITLES LIKE MADAM...LORLOR...OLORI...HER ROYAL MAJESTY
10. A HOUSE GIRL OR GATE MAN TO BEATUP..
11.. OCCASIONAL KONJI WITH HUSBAND ( if hes lucky)
12. INVITES TO BIG PARTIES FROM OTHER MARRIED PEOPLE
13 ...AND MONEY in order not to Suffer in Nigeria's struggling economy.
14: TO PREVENT BEING CALLED ASHAWO, OR A WITCH....

A few Nigerian woman can marry even a poor man for True Love, to help him progress and be happy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2015
trishapal:
Even before I got to the point where the op expressly mentioned it, I already knew he (or most probably SHE) was single and 'unhappy' but pretending to be satisfied. Marriage is a program of God so I don't think anyone should arrogantly explain themselves out for not falling in line with that program. Some unhappy singles instead of talking to God to fulfill His purpose for their lives, resort to self-pride, praising their status in public but weeping in their closets. About people 'prying' into your privacy, you need to know that in Africa, or let me say Nigeria, anyone who says 'it is my life' is not always right - we haven't reached that stage. Very few may talk about your status to mock you but many mean well for you. No matter your achievements, except if God exceptionally does not want you to get married, you need to know that you are not where you should be. And if your petty 'achievements' have gotten into your head that you now think or talk less about marriage, you need some people around you to 'beat' you into order...

Whoever you are, quote me this
1. Better a single life of peace than a married life sinusodial happiness

2. It is good for a man to be married, but whether he marries or not, it is miserable if he doesn't achieve his purpose in life. Apostle Paul didn't need a wife to achieve his. Not everyone needs a partner to achieve his purpose in life.

3. Marriage is not the most important thing in life. Marriage is just as important as education. It is necessary but not compulsory in achieving one's purpose in life.

If you like, pride yourself in your belief and don't learn. Its not everyone who is single and sad. Don't extrapolate from your situation or that of your friends.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by deeptesting(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2015
bisdam9086:

I think the reason why your pastor had to separate you guys is that living with a woman is not easy. For a man to be living with a woman means that the man is very tolerant . Living with a woman is tantamount to living with a mad person(No offence). The strong skills used to endure and maintain a relationship with a woman for years can be required to make decision in the Society because it requires a lot of intelligence to stay under a roof with a woman for years.

Really? That is a baseless yard stick to measure tolerance or intelligence and who can make better decision.. A church that will not use the Bible as it's yard stick for decision making and shepherding of it's flock is a failed church.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by noblegrex: 10:19am On Nov 05, 2015
StarboyMichael:
My friend wrote this and I want to share.

Let me first declare that this post was inspired by a Facebook post by a friend. She narrated that she heard a pastor telling the married women in his congregation not to be friends with single women...the reason for his advice is that he believes they will be misled by their unmarried/single friends.

Well I am not ready to join issue with this pastor, but I will like to use this opportunity to join issue with Nigerian society as a whole. Personally, I have always believed that Nigerians have a very misguided, perverted and warped idea of a relationship or marriage.
I said so because I am talking from experience. An average Nigerian believes that once a man or woman is working, the next thing is for him or her to get married. Everywhere you go, you are bombarded with the questions of "when are you getting married?", "do you know time is going?", "what are you waiting for?", etc. In fact, the pressure is so much that if you are not a strong person, you will start thinking that you have a problem.

Now let everyone listen to me, if you are married, congratulations and I wish you well. But it is an invasion of privacy to be asking people when they are getting married. And it is wrong of you to disrespect people because they are not married. Some people even think single or unmarried people are irresponsible or lose. If you are a man, some people will also insinuate that may be you are impotent. ‪#‎smile‬. I have seen situations where some married people believe you should accord them special respect because they are married and you are not.

Let me continue by saying that I am not married and I don't need anybody's advice on why I am not yet married. I personally will not tolerate disrespect from anyone because I am not married. Neither will I accord anyone special respect because he or she is married. I will only respect you if you deserve my respect, whether you are married or single is immaterial to me.

Finally, let it be clear that single or unmarried status is not a disease that needs to be cured. And to all the single and unmarried people out there, your destiny is in your own hands. Whether you allow the society to make you feel inadequate or not, depends on you. Always remember that there is nothing wrong with you. Also, know that everybody cannot get married at the same time. In fact, I don't have problem with anyone who doesn't want to get married at all.

Thank you and share your thoughts.
I wonder ooo.they talk as if they'll help u in training your children for u.that's why u have to do whatever pleases u.if u let them deceive u into getting maried,its thesame people that will criticise u if anything should go wrong.that's humanbeing for. Its so funny to me when I see people talk so much about marriage as if you'll it to get loan from the bank. Either you're working or not,expecially when you're walking.

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Whenever I tell friends that there are lot of ways to enjoy life without women when you have money they think am from saturn.
I used to tell my host right here in ph,when I get this job I go enjoy my money wella before any woman comes aboard and that women must have a lot to offer aside sex,cos if I need sex I know where to get it.
Celibacy has saved me from a lot of drama.
#teamsingle&happy!

5 Likes

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2015
naijathings:
if u no marry, wahala.
if u no born, wahala.
and worst of all, it is everybody's business.

if u no marry, wahala.
if u no born, wahala.

Go to school, make sure you stay away from girls and face your books,
Don't go to that church,
go to this one because they have a strong pastor,
join one or more groups in the church,
read your books,
you must graduate and go for NYSC with your mates,
Submit 1,000 CVs,
Give your first salary to the church so God will not allow anything happen to your job,
Pay Tithe,
Pay tithe,
Pay Tithe,
remember your junior ones and don't forget to pay their school fees,
When will you SETTLE DOWN ?
Don't Marry this one, her eyes are wider than your own,
Don't Marry this one, she is from a wayward family,
Don't Marry this one, she is from OSU family, her mother is a witch, she is abiku, her father is a poor man.
I hope you have started trying to make babies ?
I hope your wife will give us a baby boy to carry the family name because these girls will soon go to another family.

Its really disheartening.. Society trying to live your life for you.. Trying to shape you into what they want. Whaz the diff between this and someone taking your life away from you?

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Kimoni: 10:33am On Nov 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

this is the most facile hackneyed statement I keep hearing.
Which fact?
Where did you conduct the survey?
If 80% of married people you know are unhappy, then change your circle because something is really wrong somewhere.

Marriage is sweet, as at when due to the right person. I don't believe in pressurised marriage, neither do I believe in your statistics.

Why won't 80% of marriage be unhappy to you, when you go about looking at unhappy couples, to make yourself feel better and buttress your statistics.

If a married person says "singles (especially ladies) are unhappy" some of you would almost have cardiac arrest on top the matter. Argue constructively, albeit with facts. Don't fling preposterous statistics here and there...

I think I like this babe cool
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by porigho: 10:33am On Nov 05, 2015
This is one problem with us here.In western countries no one disrespect you if single but here even your siblings start talking.It is part of our backwardness

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Miky248(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2015
I can't see myself

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by omoharry(f): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
thank you!! Thank you very much. Nothing to add. Mind you, those choking others with their marital status re more often than none miserable in their marriage.of course they can't leave because of "society" (whatever that means). Domestic violence is on the all time rise, spousal killing is now a normal thing yet they will rather die with the tag "married" than living to fulfill purpose! Marriage is good, marriage is sweet. It is also worth waiting for. If done wrongly, that person of all men is the most miserable. Some can't afford that.
Thank my friend , abeg tell them..dem wont let us rest.
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by omoharry(f): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2015
hedonistic:
Don't mind wicked Nigerians. These are the same people that would insult and mock the hell out of you if you ever encounter financial shortage and run to them for help after you rush into marriage. They will say 'mumu, na who force you go marry when you know say you no fit feed family'.

If you know how much the average crèche, nursery, and primary school fees cost these days; if you know how much the average manageable one or two bedroom apartment in a decent area costs these days; if you take stock of the numerous spiralling bills these days and the fact that your earnings are barely commensurate with all these.... then you must give yourself serious brain before rushing into marriage to please foolish people who will not help you when the storm inevitably comes.
true talk...you are so on point
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2015
Ediss:
Marriage is so sweet, go and get your won loving lovely God living fearing wife jare. That make you a responsible man other wise you are a boy

If this is coming from a married man, I'm disappointed. That you need marriage to become a man? Wow! I think we know who the boy here is, for without marriage, he wouldn't have become responsible. So disappointed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by 6fit(f): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2015
menix:
Lamentation of a 'play boy/Gay/Lesbian/Feminist'
Just watch, even those wowo galz no man dey price will also come to support this lamentation..

If u re being stigmatized enta market, ring no cost, it will stop people asking you queshions..

LOL.......u don profer d lasting solution....Thank God for '' dem sey make i no Make noice wedding''....enter market buy yurself wedding ring and tell dem u are married make dem cary their aproko go d next door

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by menix(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2015
6fit:

LOL.......u don profer d lasting solution....Thank God for '' dem sey make i no Make noice wedding''....enter market buy yurself wedding ring and tell dem u are married make dem cary their aproko go d next door

Chikena..
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by blackprowler: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2015
StarboyMichael:

Let me first declare that this post was inspired by a Facebook post by a friend. She narrated that she heard a pastor telling the married women in his congregation not to be friends with single women...the reason for his advice is that he believes they will be misled by their unmarried/single friends.

Well I am not ready to join issue with this pastor, but I will like to use this opportunity to join issue with Nigerian society as a whole. Personally, I have always believed that Nigerians have a very misguided, perverted and warped idea of a relationship or marriage.
I said so because I am talking from experience. An average Nigerian believes that once a man or woman is working, the next thing is for him or her to get married. Everywhere you go, you are bombarded with the questions of "when are you getting married?", "do you know time is going?", "what are you waiting for?", etc. In fact, the pressure is so much that if you are not a strong person, you will start thinking that you have a problem.

Now let everyone listen to me, if you are married, congratulations and I wish you well. But it is an invasion of privacy to be asking people when they are getting married. And it is wrong of you to disrespect people because they are not married. Some people even think single or unmarried people are irresponsible or lose. If you are a man, some people will also insinuate that may be you are impotent. ‪#‎smile‬. I have seen situations where some married people believe you should accord them special respect because they are married and you are not.

Let me continue by saying that I am not married and I don't need anybody's advice on why I am not yet married. I personally will not tolerate disrespect from anyone because I am not married. Neither will I accord anyone special respect because he or she is married. I will only respect you if you deserve my respect, whether you are married or single is immaterial to me.

Finally, let it be clear that single or unmarried status is not a disease that needs to be cured. And to all the single and unmarried people out there, your destiny is in your own hands. Whether you allow the society to make you feel inadequate or not, depends on you. Always remember that there is nothing wrong with you. Also, know that everybody cannot get married at the same time. In fact, I don't have problem with anyone who doesn't want to get married at all.

100%. I hardly give this score. It's just as well that I might have written this myself. Let me reinforce you here: Nigeria is a BACKWARD AND VERY VERY SICK SOCIETY. Those people who think they're normal and see the people you describe as sick are the ones who are actually sick. You can see the power of majority: the majority decides what's "normal" and if the majority is wrong, that spells doom for the society. This is why Nigeria is damned as the ones who are wrong are the ones whose narrative control society. I am a product of "marry at all cost" and I have suffered to no end because of it and hence I'm not a great fan of the very institution of marriage. Moreover, the horrible life presented to me by that marriage, placed me at an economic disadvantage in life anyway and in Nigeria, marriage is actually purchasing of a wife, which is a very expensive commodity to buy and very very often, with the quality of women here, a bad investment anyway. Many people just buy the milk rather than the whole cow to come mess up their house

2 Likes

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by warrior101: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2015
poor baby cry are those the voices you always hear inside your head? cry
it is called domestication

naijathings:
if u no marry, wahala.
if u no born, wahala.

if u no marry, wahala.
if u no born, wahala.

Go to school, make sure you stay away from girls and face your books,
Don't go to that church,
go to this one because they have a strong pastor,
join one or more groups in the church,
read your books,
you must graduate and go for NYSC with your mates,
Submit 1,000 CVs,
Give your first salary to the church so God will not allow anything happen to your job,
Pay Tithe,
Pay tithe,
Pay Tithe,
remember your junior ones and don't forget to pay their school fees,
Don't Marry this one, her eyes are wider than your own,
Don't Marry this one, she is from a wayward family,
Don't Marry this one, she is from OSU family, her mother is a witch, she is abiku, her father is a poor man.
I hope you have started trying to make babies ?
I hope your wife will give us a baby boy to carry the family name because these girls will soon go to another family.

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2015
lestat:
To all rejected, dumped, used, confused, lonely, dependent, emotionally immature, mentally immature, aggressive, single people on naioraland who are all bashing marriage and consoling themselves!!! listen!!!

I work in a company with 70% expatriates and even they will tell you marriage stabilizes one better and makes you a well rounded human being!! I get this all the time because i am in my mid thirties and still single!! yet in a much as i would like to convince myself that being single rocks the reality is that being single and unmarried sucks!!!! it sucks so bad it stinks!!!

How i would love to come home to a smiley face of a wife but things just didn't go that way, may have been my fault or the people i met who knows? thats life sometimes life serves you lemons and instead of ranting make some lemonade!!!

Contrary to your post i actually welcome these constant criticisms why? because they keep me on my toes and constantly remind me what i should be doing!! you see its easy to get lost in the life of being single but let me tell you all

THERES NO JOY IN BEING A SINGLE PARENT NOR IS THERE ANY JOY IN BEING LONELY!!! so i would rather keep having people tell me ythe painful truth than get stuck in self delusions of intentionally wanting to be single when in reality i had some innate issues that needed fixing hence why every good person left me!!

For example.. i have a colleague who has serious temper issues , she wont ever agree to anything except its her point of view, now guess what?!! SHE IS SINGLE AT 34!!!! (No surprise there) now at every opportunity she sings out that it was her choice to be single, that infact she has decided to be a single mum!!! wow!! such self deceit!! the truth is she cant keep a relationship because of her attitude!!

Mine is temper i have a bad temper and that sort of used to scare some women away, imagine me f00ling myself into thinking that being single is a choice instead of working on myself? grin

All i am saying is no one wants to be alone!! no matter how much they deceive them selves or convince people, when they are inside their bedroom alone, they all cry and think over past relationships that they self sabotaged!!!

So stop whining and work on yourself, then maybe you can get married

I get your point about the hapiness in coming home to open arms of hugs and kisses but not every single person is lonely. Marriage is a bliss, but one shouldn't be forced into it. When you realise that your rib is missing, look for it. Don't let people push you into looking for what isn't missing.
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2015
Kimoni:

I think I like this babe cool
It's mutual grin

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Lordnewton1(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2015
only if everything said here today would change anything...SMH undecided
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by maryhaam(f): 11:04am On Nov 05, 2015
yomi007k:

That is pure abuse of power.
yes dear,woman power.
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 11:05am On Nov 05, 2015
lastpage:

Get a Husband and stop ranting here!

Yes, married women deserve a lot of respect and will always be accorded that due respect than on you over-aged "Agadi Nwanyi" that is playing around, jumping from one bed to another, all in the name of civilisation!

If you like, go to court and say you are not respected like a married woman.
Infact, you are considered not yet responsible, since you are yet to get married. undecided
Who are you "responsible towards"? Your wife? Your husband? Your children?

Oh, l forgot, you many boyfriends/Girlfriends, right?
Who will even put you in sensitive position when they know that you can "bail-out" at anytime since you have no "family responsibilities"?

Like l said, if e dey pain you, charge me to court.

Married and Proud of it. Just see my "ring finger"!
tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lastpage!

Lol. We know your type. You are one of those whose husbands can have a side chick at anytime, so you want to get single ladies out of the market asap so they won't destroy your marriage. Take it easy sha.. Hold your hussy down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by iamdapsyj(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2015
The African society is a gregarious one, though not enough to encroach into people's privacy.
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2015
livinbygrace:
Marriage is good ,"Whosoever finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor of the LORD".As a single man,i don loose count of the numbers of ladies have slept with,though i dont really like the act,but i have no choice than to do the act when the urge arise.

I'm sure you don't know where that verse in the bible you just quoted is. Check Prov 8:35 sha. God says the same thing about Wisdom there
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2015
mkhairr:
Look weda u lyk it o not married men and women deserv respect and dey r ahead of u dat re still single undecided

Even when these married people are alcoholics, adulterers, seemingly non-challant and financially unstable? Its high time you changed your yardstick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by omoharry(f): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2015
lastpage:

Get a Husband and stop ranting here!

Yes, married women deserve a lot of respect and will always be accorded that due respect than on you over-aged "Agadi Nwanyi" that is playing around, jumping from one bed to another, all in the name of civilisation!

If you like, go to court and say you are not respected like a married woman.
Infact, you are considered not yet responsible, since you are yet to get married. undecided
Who are you "responsible towards"? Your wife? Your husband? Your children?

Oh, l forgot, you many boyfriends/Girlfriends, right?
Who will even put you in sensitive position when they know that you can "bail-out" at anytime since you have no "family responsibilities"?

Like l said, if e dey pain you, charge me to court.

Married and Proud of it. Just see my "ring finger"!
tongue tongue tongue tongue

Lastpage!
Don't you think you comment are very harsh and not necessary...I am over 30 and single with an ailment..that does not mean we jump from one man to the other...if you are married and settled then lucky you and pray for us to marry and settle down with someone we love and are compatible with. Will you say becos i am over 30 i should just marry becos of old age despite the fact that i don't have any feelings for the man and stand his presence for long? this is the reason why the rate of divorce is on the increase. People were pressured to marry only to discover that they cannot cope the challenges appears before them. Pls is not just fair to say she is a slut just becos she is not married.Marriage is a good thing and one institution i really long to be part of but i must marry someone that i like. We are all women,words like this hurt alot you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2015
StarboyMichael:

Now let everyone listen to me, if you are married, congratulations and I wish you well. But it is an invasion of privacy to be asking people when they are getting married. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let me continue by saying that I am not married and I don't need anybody's advice on why I am not yet married.
[size=40pt]I personally will not tolerate disrespect from anyone because I am not married. Neither will I accord anyone special respect because he or she is married. I will only respect you if you deserve my respect, whether you are married or single is immaterial to me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by alterswerve(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2015
omoharry:
Don't you think you comment are very harsh and not necessary...I am over 30 and single with an ailment..that does not mean we jump from one man to the other...if you are married and settled then lucky you and pray for us to marry and settle down with someone we love and are compatible with. Will you say becos i am over 30 i should just marry becos of old age despite the fact that i don't have any feelings for the man and stand his presence for long? this is the reason why the rate of divorce is on the increase. People were pressured to marry only to discover that they cannot cope the challenges appears before them. Pls is not just fair to say she is a slut just becos she is not married.Marriage is a good thing and one institution i really long to be part of but i must marry someone that i like. We are all women,words like this hurt alot you know.

Don't mind her jare. See what a married woman like her is typing. After they'll say marriage makes one responsible
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by xerxes456(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2015
StarboyMichael:

so when.will you marry?
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Honesty007(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
Nonsense of the Highest order.Pls slap anybody who ask you when r u going to get Married ok!!!
Are they ur parents?
Also every Individual who is truly serving God and draws nigh to him would know the right Time to Marry.
When its time,God would put the Thirst in ur heart.
But i see this desperation as a societal problem and a myopic and foolish gulliability because Some people always have the minds that when u marry u get all the Attention, happiness, Gifts,money etc.
Well my information is to tell u that IF U mismarry '' YOU ARE DONE FOR OOh!!
So if PEOPLE R RUSHING U OR U R MOVING TOO FAST,TELL GOD TO SLOW U DOWN,DONT BEND TO PRESSURE OOH.I WARN U OOH.
Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by Abhiolar(f): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
Does that stop me from taken my Early Morning #Tramadol? grin

1 Like

Re: The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians by chronique(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
As in,it's not a small issue. I guess most people don't have an idea how embarrassing it is to us,when they start with such questions. It's particularly frustrating for those of us above 30 or approaching 40. I get really embarrased when people start asking "how is madam and the children"...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Wife Gave Birth To SS, I’m AA And She Is AS – Husband / When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.