Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,574 members, 7,837,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' (53787 Views)

'No Guy Will Buy You N2500 Coldstone & N4000 Pizza Without Asking For Reward' / Being Broke At 25 Means You Are Poor - Lady Says. / At 25 If You Still Do These 14 Things, You May Die A Wretched Pensioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 3:48am On Feb 17, 2016
Henycymama:

did I just see 20 years?
Yep, what's wrong with that?
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 3:49am On Feb 17, 2016
ebukav:

Baba how do a student avoid nt to depend on his parent 4 pocket money.
By learning to do little little jobs during holiday..
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 3:51am On Feb 17, 2016
executioner27:

You and umehj are correct. Its the system. Abroad and here have different motivating factors. Our parents sef...r they ready to let go? For one to go hustle, he will get his hands into illicit things. If still in school or yet to go in...the hustling fit change am for you. no more school. If you are in school, strive to liv off-camp and make there your home. That way you have indirectly left your parents home. i did that when i was in school. i only went home during Xmas. Easter i form we have exams immediately, so no need to come home. holidays or strike period, i form another thing. in fact by the time they see u r cutting them off,they wont bother u as such esp if u r not always going to ask for money. though not asking could make them wonder how u survive. if you school in d same town they liv in...try and get an accommodation near the school.bottom line...its true what she said but its not that easy. our system does not support it. its not that the guys r lazy nor broke. its just the system.
True sir.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by MztrChukwu(m): 4:59am On Feb 17, 2016
cruzita:
I think she is right, some guys even find it hard to stay in their parents house even at the age of 21.they start looking for where to stay for more freedom because they can't get it in their parents house.

What is crucial here? Is it 'freedom' or the fact that one is able to take care of one's personal responsibilities?
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by MztrChukwu(m): 5:00am On Feb 17, 2016
OwaMsn:

She's 100% right i left my parents house at 17

You really shouldn't have been born there in the first place grin
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by sweet7oyin(m): 5:34am On Feb 17, 2016
ChappyChase:

You took the word right out of my mouth bro..
But there are some exceptions, like as a guy at 25 you should minimise the way you depend on your parent, we know country bad but at least you should be seeing making attempt. To me its wrong for a guy at 20 to still depend on his parent for pocket money to buy little things like recharge card, cloths, phones and some other little little things. try and minimise your dependency level to only shelter, food(which might not be always) and school fees if your are not yet through with school...
With these above points you're sure to avoid embarrassment!
at 20.. He should stop depending on his parents for money...... Mstcheeew....... rubbish talk
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by sweet7oyin(m): 5:38am On Feb 17, 2016
Yomieluv:
She is right,if minimum adult age is 18,then a guy who is 25 shouldnt be in his parents house after 7years of being an adult..

asin...some People are Confused....
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by sweet7oyin(m): 5:39am On Feb 17, 2016
Adanna86:
Some guys are lucky mehn, my mother sent me and my siblings out, of the family house at 18 lol.
at 18...maybe u were too stubborn..
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by sweet7oyin(m): 5:55am On Feb 17, 2016
mentorandfriend:
The day I got admission into medical school, that was the day I became a man, as young as I was.

I stayed back in school during holiday breaks to read, and when I graduated, it became more difficult to go home. My sisters and mum grew used to it. Any weekend I came home finally, it was with glamour and paparazzi.
did u read the topic
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by OwaMsn(m): 5:56am On Feb 17, 2016
MztrChukwu:

You really shouldn't have been born there in the first place grin

As God of Olajumoke answer my call when i was 17, na em i migrate oooooo without delay
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 17, 2016
OwaMsn:

I left to struggle for myself and have a better future for my family because i was told either i learn mechanic or i go to the village to become a farmer i decided to disappear from the house and today, my parents are proud of me cheesy if u still de ur papa house at the age of 25, my guy u are still a boy not yet a man
okay, you took the risk, that was brave. but you sounded as if it was easy when you left. you just told me the good side, and i believe somebody accommodated you at first, so what happened then. what are you currently doing that you feel or think you're comfortable?
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 17, 2016
Women - making thoughtless, illogical comments since mankind was designed. Tsk, tsk.

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by bigiyaro(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2016
vizkiz:
she is right. At 25 a guy should start being responsible for himself.
He be like say that nigga whey respond to her still dey live for him papa house undecided

guy times have changed o.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Sammyblaq(m): 8:47am On Feb 17, 2016
The Girl head no correct...Talk is cheap shaa.

If a guy should leave his parents house @25, that states a gal should be married @18.

To get a roof aint an easy tyn...ask my jigga who recieves huge pay but still at pops'.
(To build house no be moimoi).

Plenty guys pass 25 are still at pops but focused. ( Just at pops,but independent).

I sense her pain...she aint getting the fvck ryt from the BF cos he is 25 and still under pop. #Fvckstarved.

Mr.blaQ.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Sammyblaq(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2016
What will be ur say at this... I know this guy@29 that stays off pops, but pops pays the rent.
Just to be free to yansh and cloud anyhow...

Find a place for 'Him' if u are pained.
To the guys out there...We heading somewhere.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Sammyblaq(m): 9:15am On Feb 17, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Bless smiley!! She made 25 sound like 35 years..
ka nnem...iji okwu

2 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by mentorandfriend(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2016
sweet7oyin:
did u read the topic
Yes dear. I was trying to say that I left house as early as when I got admission into medical school, and never returned back after graduation coz I got a great job after.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by anigbajumo(m): 10:00am On Feb 17, 2016
belloabd1914:
dude, we all see tinx from difrnt perspective, we all don't live in same neighborhood or have same opportunities. So all man is entitled to his/ her opinion. U can't authoritatively tell som1 Wat to say or not. I get ur point duo. May God bless our hustle.

Yes bro, Ameen
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by tatucci: 10:17am On Feb 17, 2016
Yomieluv:
She is right,if minimum adult age is 18,then a guy who is 25 shouldnt be in his parents house after 7years of being an adult..

back then in school we used to have "ideal" and then "practical". Please be Practical. at 18 how many guys don enter school? Talk less of graduating and serving.. after which job hunting? then getting a job of perhaps N50k monthly salary to use rent house (or room) of over N150k/yr. my dear, unless u want d guy to go and be squatting with a host of other guys too numerous to mention or to sleep under bridge or to do houseboy work, i dont know how you want it to be...
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by crismark(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2016
u well at all?
Strahovski1:
She is right.
23 is even late undecided
That guy who commented is broke, jobless and pained
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Strahovski1(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2016
crismark:
u well at all?

I don't understand
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by tatucci: 10:36am On Feb 17, 2016
OwaMsn:

I left to struggle for myself and have a better future for my family because i was told either i learn mechanic or i go to the village to become a farmer i decided to disappear from the house and today, my parents are proud of me cheesy if u still de ur papa house at the age of 25, my guy u are still a boy not yet a man

i think it is wrong of you to base your conclusion on only your life and experience. when u talk about learning mechanic or going back to the village it is clear that perhaps your family at that time were not too well to do. u were not even given a tertiary education (at least not by your parents). maybe you should wonder if things were different how it would have been. you cant tell me that if your family had the wherewithal to see you through school they would have given you such an ultimatum: mechanic or village layabout. that would have bordered on human rights infringement and wickedness. we dont even know what you are at the moment so we cant judge your success rate, but perhaps if things were different you would not have voluntarily left your house at the immature age of 17.

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by hob(m): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2016
If you dont have the means of acquiring an apartment nko, yu shd go and live under the bridge abi....

Some gurls r pure dunce

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by ChappyChase: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
sweet7oyin:
at 20.. He should stop depending on his parents for money...... Mstcheeew....... rubbish talk
Please read my point again..
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by swagifted(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2016
vizkiz:
she is right. At 25 a guy should start being responsible for himself.
He be like say that nigga whey respond to her still dey live for him papa house undecided

all fingers aint equal. All opportunities aint equal

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by vanvick247(m): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
Life na jeje o!! Dat Mr. A moved out b4 he was 25years no mean say same must be d case of Mr. B. Coz d principle of Ceteris Paribus no dey always apply for our dear country 9ja.

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sammyblaq:

ka nnem...iji okwu
grin grin I really wanna learn how to rap the igbo dialect, though I hear better embarassed.. I have this girl friend on FB.. She writes letters, poems, stories using my dialect (not the central igbo), and I am always wowed grin.. I've asked her to teach me.. Hope she knows I am serious..
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by XBLadez: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
fineyemi:
liar
Did I ask you to believe me?
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by cupidhero(m): 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Yes. Every guy and girl should leave their fathers house and stay on their own. They should also not call home for help when the matter clear for their eyes say them broke,infact they should either go stand for control they do their okpo work or go rob someone around Douglas for owerri. This exactly how some criminals and okpos are born....after they take these foolish decisions they start doing all kinds of bullshit just to maintain the status quo. Na so one girl wey be hardcore idiot they give my nigga advice to lodge for hotel because a big boy should not be staying in their fathers house when him return from outside waka forgeting 5000 X 30 is 150K.

2 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by fineyemi(m): 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
XBLadez:

Did I ask you to believe me?
u have to be corrected in other to limit ur liars
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by XBLadez: 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2016
fineyemi:
u have to be corrected in other to limit ur liars
I started living alone since I was 19. Only God know if I'm telling lies.
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by fineyemi(m): 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
XBLadez:

I started living alone since I was 19. Only God know if I'm telling lies.
I tink am beginning to believing you. Circumstances may be the reason you started living alone at the age of 19

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Truth About Headmaster & Student Sex Video - Ghanaian Blasts Nigerians / I Love My Girlfriend/boyfriend... But .. (add Yours) / “My Backup Boyfriend Proposed To Me And I Said Yes, What Should I Do?” — Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.