Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' (53694 Views)

'No Guy Will Buy You N2500 Coldstone & N4000 Pizza Without Asking For Reward' / Being Broke At 25 Means You Are Poor - Lady Says. / At 25 If You Still Do These 14 Things, You May Die A Wretched Pensioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Stanleyafam(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2016
In naija a man of 40 lives in His father's house with wife and kids grin
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by fineyemi(m): 5:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
Stanleyafam:
In naija a man of 40 lives in His father's house with wife and kids grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That wont be our portion. Its something else oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Marineremmanson(m): 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
umehmj:
the girl forgot this is naija and not Yankee. It's easier in Yankee and almost impossible here in naija. now let's say a guy got admitted in school at 19 and spends another 4 or 5 years or even more in school. automatically that adds up to 25 or more. the ones that go into apprenticeship spends even longer period. the ones that dares to leave home at tender age are the ones you see street hawking, sleeping under the bridge and thugs at motor parks. naija hard. only very very few makes it out of home before 25
Nigeria is still a developing nation, back in late 1700, you would see male of 25 in Yankee still living with parents, compare it to now where at 18 they are done with academics. Nigeria will get there , help me tell op
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
It's so easy for people to hide behind their various accounts, and blurt out their silly thoughts all in the name of being entitled to an opinion. The world doesn't revolve just around you, and all fingers aren't equal. These things are situational. Just because you had or have it good, doesn't mean you would fare, or have fared better in someone else's shoes.

Keep your silly opinions & standards to yourselves.

7 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by umehmj(m): 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
mimibright:
wrong analysis bro!! At 25 I was an employer of labour able to foot the bills and make a good living so its very possible.

first of you failed to read in-between the lines. i said almost impossible for one to leave and make something out of their lives. you know why it's almost impossible? it's almost impossible because it happens only in 1 out of 10 thousand guys. you are damn lucky to make that slim list bro. In general view it is quite easy but the ones that make something out of it, like you, is very very very slim. quote me anytime. my analysis on point too. you can quote that too

6 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by gaffig: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
Patented:
Everybody's situation is different and you have no idea what the next person is passing through or has passed through. I really hate it when people sit in their own 'lil' corner of the world and make General statements about the rest of Humanity.
Abaaaaa! Bros she said 'I think' biko take am easy
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by umehmj(m): 5:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Marineremmanson:
Nigeria is still a developing nation, back in late 1700, you would see male of 25 in Yankee still living with parents, compare it to now where at 18 they are done with academics. Nigeria will get there , help me tell op

i suppose the op already know
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Coldfeets: 6:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Na wa o! E be like say guys dey vex. And that reference to Jesus Christ got me grin grin grin grin

Nnaa na wa o! Guys are not smiling at all at all. Maybe, the eediot biittch tink say here na America?

Anyway sha, who do we blame now for this anomaly?

Is it PMB or GEJ?

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
mimibright:
I left home At 22
that is ur own luck, keep it like that, don't assume everybody will get that luck.

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by henryhemon(m): 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2016
She wasn't totally wrong but it isn't about age,being a man is a whole lot,it's about having focus in life early and at 25 most guys are still babies, reality hasn't set in.

3 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Dexema(m): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2016
eedel:
Am almost 25 nd i dnt evn see myself nt eating my mum's food nd sleeping under my dad's roof at dat age nd evn beyond. Nd wat does she evn knw sef, she's jst a hole afterall. It's easier for a lady to become olosho at 20 nd leave in her own apartment dan a guy to av his at 27 undecided undecided
guy You Are Wicked...take it or leave it kai!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Strahovski1(m): 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
doomsdayII:

If I interview you by asking why you left your parents house, how convenient will it be for you to say "because I'm 25 years old."
Your reply is lame Bro

I'm not up to 25. I have my own house.

If I can do that, why can't any man do that or even better?

So your reply is lame

2 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2016
Emeka!!!! Wake up you this useless boy and come and open the gate for me. (5am)
Am going to work now o, if u like finish my food, sleep and waste away your life under my roof. All you know how to do is eat eat and eat nothing else. One day I will throw you out.
I was out of my parents house at 16 and u are here doing nothing reasonable with your life.

That was the anthem I hear every morning some years ago.
I was 19 and a fresh undergraduate after failing post ume 3 times. I eventually got admission and decided to be fully independent.
I resent him until this day for making my life a living hell while I was under his roof. I contemplated suicide many times, hung the rope around my neck but couldn't take the deadly leap for some unknown reason.
In 2012, I got a miracle career job in a far state from home, I relocated and started slowly building my life and career.
Now am fully comfortable and will be 26 this year.
But the last time I visited home was 2013 and stayed for just 2weeks.
Its 2016 but my vision is to have the moral to go home by 2020.
undecidedundecided undecided my rant is off topic though but I just dey vex

3 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by omoekiti6(m): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
Someone pls help me go n check where that girl that wrote that shit still lives m sure she's still in ha parents house this is NIGERIA wake up n stop looking for public eyes on u. So baby go on n GET A LIFE!!!!!
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
Patented:
Everybody's situation is different and you have no idea what the next person is passing through or has passed through. I really hate it when people sit in their own 'lil' corner of the world and make General statements about the rest of Humanity.
Bless smiley!! She made 25 sound like 35 years..

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by whiteboyswag: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
I knowg its the girls that will say 'yes yes yes' to this becoming blind to Nigerian factors, ask them how many of them have graduates as brothers and how many moved at 25. Better said than done OK my own topic will be 'All girls should be in there husband's houses at age 22' then they'll all come here and wail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Toks2008(m): 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
vizkiz:
she is right. At 25 a guy should start being responsible for himself.
He be like say that nigga whey respond to her still dey live for him papa house undecided

I left home at 18 and never went back to stay under my parents.

But nevertheless, the economy situation of Nigeria right now is so bad that even a 36year old guy still living with his parents should not be castigated.

2 Likes

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by hedonistic: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
kevoh:
While leaving your pop's house @25 might sound like the adult thing to do, it's just plain stup.id to leave if you have nothing(good job or business) to fall back on.

Economy is really tough even for those of us with jobs. Guys do not make that mistake of packing out of your pop's place because of some stupid girl's advice. Establish yourself in a small business if the jobs are not forthcoming, SAVE,SAVE and SAVE while you have least responsibilities to pay electricity bills, food, water bills e.t.c Trust me the bills will not stop coming! I made same mistake! Not that I am regretting it but I believe I would have had more savings than I have now if I had takeN such step.

The bills don't rain, they pour. Outrageous stuff man. You know those sort of days when you're low on cash and just merely hanging on till you receive money for job done - maybe in a week or two, only for one issue to crop up: PHCN inspectors, a collapsed roof, etc. Wey you go need to spend N20k or so immediately. Lol. And you were hoping to manage the 30k you have for two weeks until the next windfall.

It's not easy to be a man. I'm not even talking about a married man with a wife and children with unlimited emergencies to dread. I'm talking about a bachelor living alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by mentorandfriend(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
The day I got admission into medical school, that was the day I became a man, as young as I was.

I stayed back in school during holiday breaks to read, and when I graduated, it became more difficult to go home. My sisters and mum grew used to it. Any weekend I came home finally, it was with glamour and paparazzi.

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Iamlordgee(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Shut up there.. Is it your staying.. Or are you Look for e a boyfriend
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Iamlordgee(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Shut up there.. Is it your staying.. Or are you Look for a boyfriend
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nyceguy92: 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=Zceesneh post=42972661]

Are we talking of a Naija guy or his Western counterpart?
At what age does a typical Naija guy finish school and start working? Hope you get my drift now...?

1 Like

Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Henycymama(f): 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
ChappyChase:

You took the word right out of my mouth bro..
But there are some exceptions, like as a guy at 25 you should minimise the way you depend on your parent, we know country bad but at least you should be seeing making attempt. To me its wrong for a guy at 20 to still depend on his parent for pocket money to buy little things like recharge card, cloths, phones and some other little little things. try and minimise your dependency level to only shelter, food(which might not be always) and school fees if your are not yet through with school...
With these above points you're sure to avoid embarrassment!

did I just see 20 years?
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
She is right undecided

Anyone that differs u should be ashamed ..... Eh when will u give your parents a break!!!! When u are old enough to work and even support your family ... U dey der dey suck breast milk angry
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by tosyne2much(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
stolid:
It's so easy for people to hide behind their various accounts, and blurt out their silly thoughts all in the name of being entitled to an opinion. The world doesn't revolve just around you, and all fingers aren't equal. These things are situational. Just because you had or have it good, doesn't mean you would fare, or have fared better in someone else's shoes.

Help me tell them ooo bro
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by excelbeing099(m): 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
you must be a clown....
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by tosyne2much(m): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
BumBae:
She is right undecided

Anyone that differs u should be ashamed ..... Eh when will u give your parents a break!!!! When u are old enough to work and even support your family ... U dey der dey suck breast milk angry

hmmmmm !
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by DedeNkem: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
She made a perfectly correct comment and a religious id*iot and loser jumped in with a crap religious response.

If you ask the id*iot, if he lives exactly the way Jesus lived (if he even existed)? He would start blabbing away and dodge the question.

The so-called christians profess adherence to the "word of God" and yet they pick and choose parts of the Bible to follow and ignore the rest!

Religion is crap!
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
tosyne2much:
hmmmmm !

Greetings toysne lol hope u don move out already or else grin
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
DedeNkem:
She made a perfectly correct comment and a religious id*iot and loser jumped in with a crap religious response.

If you ask the id*iot, if he lives exactly the way Jesus lived (if he even existed)? He would start blabbing away and dodge the question.

The so-called christians profess adherence to the "word of God" and yet they pick and choose parts of the Bible to follow and ignore the rest!

Religion is crap!
Story of nigerians

Thats the excuse for rubbish behaviour ... Jesus was at home imagine .. Dat guy deserve to be nailed on crossed since his walking path of jesus omo buruku ..
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Nayok(m): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ok, op help me ask her age of girls ?
Re: 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' by Princephelar(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
stolid:

pls help me ask dem who even set d standard at d first instance...
*25 tinz u must do daily if u will make it.
*7 tinz he must do to show hez a good husband material...

Not untill d youths stop living d book and movie life and face d reality and wat is obtainable, tinz may nt get too beta around here... Dt gal jez posted probably from her environment she shuld.pls enta places wea d hustle is real she'd know guys living at parentz house at 25 is beta dan guy managin in a friendz house at 23 wea dey be like 7 in a room and cant even afford 2 square meal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Zimbawean Prostitutes Strip Man Unclad On New Year's Day For Failing To Pay / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / 10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.