Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (35462 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by excellentmomma(f): 9:36am On Mar 10, 2016
Daodudavid:
What does the writer mean by the government not admitting there failure?, it hurt me to see an enlightened scholar with a good text composure without a commonsensical foresight, the government have blocked all the source of illegal income of the NNPC and now they (NNPC) are frustrating the effort of the Government in other to turn the back of the citizens against the Government I so wish your blind eyes (#irony) could be open and see why really the power holding company are with holding the light for so long if not for political and dubious reasons.. Thank you Daodu david..
Zombie!
I thought buhari does not smile. So he cannot deal with those sabotaging his govt.

We all have to clap 'cos he blocked an unverifiable bullshit and the result is blackout for Nigerians? My friend use your brain undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by ukipet1: 9:36am On Mar 10, 2016
you b fool, who is talking about NNPC, lets tell the truth and let God punish anyone that is bringing this hardship to Nigerian, people are suffering and u are here talking about blocking illegal means of getting money, does it mean that people are not still stealing in that NNPC? we are talking light u are talking TRASH,olodo oshi mad man...
Daodudavid:
What does the writer mean by the government not admitting there failure?, it hurt me to see an enlightened scholar with a good text composure without a commonsensical foresight, the government have blocked all the source of illegal income of the NNPC and now they (NNPC) are frustrating the effort of the Government in other to turn the back of the citizens against the Government I so wish your blind eyes (#irony) could be open and see why really the power holding company are with holding the light for so long if not for political and dubious reasons.. Thank you Daodu david..
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Truckpusher(m): 9:37am On Mar 10, 2016
There is power here 247 but the tariff is damn too high and I've got no choice than to ask my electrician to remove the loop that supplies all heavy appliances from their criminal prepaid meter - if they want us to go criminal to survive , so be it .

We have an inept and super clueless Govt. I must add .

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2016
kenny987:

Abuja. The power comes and goes. Definitely less hours of power than I'm used to but not total blackout

.bloody fucking liar all this PDP e rats which area for abuja you dey........!?!!?.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by 3kay945(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2016
richard870:
This administration is the worst!

Though, the situation is worrisome but your conclusion is wrong and unfair
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Call for an Emergency Meeting on your area, as regards to this, cos the problem seems peculiar to your area alone..
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by crownwealth: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:
I was wondering too o. Why the uncharacteristic silence??

My sister, could this be the work of witchcraft on Nigerians as posited by Femi Aribisala ?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
this year is the worse experience I have had with PHCN,since January it has been terrible,what is so difficult in giving us constant light? why are we being made to believe that having constant light is an impossible task in naija?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by upuphim(m): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2016
I live at Onipan. It has been black out since Sunday. PMB/Fashola should rise up to their responsibility as promised during campaign. They should be reminded that it was not as bad as this during JEG. In fact, immediately after takeover PMB was praised but he ascribed the glory to JEG. Masses are suffering especially tlin this hot weather where heat is a great discomfort to sleep. National Assembly should call the minister to remedy the hopeless situation.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by luvinhubby(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:
The gameplan is to force the masses into submission for the new tariffs to take effect. They are messing up with your minds.
Aresa Gbawe ngeneukwenu omenka demdem egift do you guys have light?

You will not see the brake lights of the mentioned as they run from this thread. cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by joey150(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2016
Nigeria's energy need is increasing but the output is staying the same or decreasing. There can never be a positive effect until we upgrade our transmission.we dont even distribute the little we produce completely.
Power requires massive massive investment which previous governments has looted the massive money allocated to it.
Its gonna be a while before it comes good.its not a buhari or gej problem..its a fundamental problem all the govts have overlooked and now it's one big heap of rubbish too much to clear.
And i no get light eda
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ifebazz(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2016
APC... #CHANGE!!!
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by bxcode(m): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2016
I tell Nigerians, until something different is done from what we have always seen from our leaders, both present and past, then our state of comatose will continue to prevail. We are simply recycling the same thing over and over again and yet we are expecting "CHANGE". That's delusion of the highest order.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by realjoker(m): 9:45am On Mar 10, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Zombie number 2. sad
it seems like u just discover the word 'zombie', if your life is that frustrated must you show your anger randomly.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Goke7: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2016
livinbygrace:
Bubu needs to bring back Barth Nnaji to perform same miracle he did when he was a minister.I am not feeling Fashola at the moment.

your GEJ sacked him and when we cried, we were told to shut up cos GEJ was the best thing to have ever happened to planet earth. Barth Nnaji remains one of GEJ's finest moments but the I.B. chased him away himself.

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by dhesire(m): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2016
Come to think of it, here in Area C New Owerri, Imo State, we have been having steady power supply for the past weeks, hope we are not enjoying now to suffer later?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 9:50am On Mar 10, 2016
EmmyDe25:

Bro, the current electricity situation is damning! in fact, i can't deal! last time i saw anything that looks like light in my area was Sunday. Drove out with my friend on sunday evening searching for fuel, all filling stations were shut. Sent out the gateman on Monday to go look for fuel, fortunately he was able to get, albeit at an extra cost. I finished the fuel last night and there are chances i will have to sleep in the dark from this night till only God knows when because of the scarcity. Nigerians are in biting and excruciating pains. How exactly can only one nation be suffering Fuel scarcity, total electricity black-out, economic downturn, hellish traffic, naira nose-dive all at the same time? Isn't these too much? I do understand this is an act of sabotage by some unscrupulous elements who do not mean well for the nation and the government of the day, but the current crackdown will be a big attrition on the overall image of the current government.

If I ask you now to go solar, you'll say no.. I slept wella yesternight. Although my 24v/1.6kva system no fit carry AC, but e fit carry more than 10 fans... cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by femimike1(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2016
It's so unfortunate we depend on government to solve our problem, have we forgotten so quickly that these same government cause all our predicament?

Last bullet
Let's fight in solidarity, ignore ethnicity and regional politics, lets all come together and build our desired Nigeria.

God bless us all
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by lonelydora: 9:53am On Mar 10, 2016
heartbraker:
@op abeg which nigeria is having totatl black out? here in my area light dey ooo even as i dey type

I get minimum of 20 hours a day now, but before now like 24 hours.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Oba22: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2016
Power was restored to my area yesterday @Ikorodu.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by elrony(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Lagos Mainland, majority, if not all, residents connected to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company.

Same here... No light,nowhere to buy petrol #lagosMainland.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by queenaisha(f): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2016
yess..no light...no fuel,heat rashes don full my body fa

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by elrony(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2016
lonelydora:

I get minimum of 20 hours a day now, but before now like 24 hours.

Where do you reside?... 20hrs
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 10, 2016
#The best Buhari can be is EFCC chairman!... I regret not voting KOWA cos PDP was NEVER an option!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 9:57am On Mar 10, 2016
Goke7:

your GEJ sacked him and when we cried, we were told to shut up cos GEJ was the best thing to have ever happened to planet earth. Barth Nnaji remains one of GEJ's finest moments but the I.B. chased him away himself.

This is the big difference between me and APC zombies because I've always opined the fact that GEJ messed up in some certain areas and the aspect of Nnaji Berth was one of it. Even tho I know that GEJ haters also shouted for the guy to be kicked out cuz of his supposed acquisition of power plant, but immediately GEJ allowed him resign, we went back fully to total blackout and even the ones that hated Nnaji were all gnashing their gworo chewing teeth and wishing he comes back.

The biggest mistake GEJ ever made in his life was not retaining Prof Berth Nnaji. Mehn that guy got some steel balls and stepped on huge political and corrupt toes.. That man is/was a hero. If I were him, I'd never ever accept any govt offer again.

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by bikefab(m): 9:58am On Mar 10, 2016
The whole episode looks bleak. No petrol, no light, ill economy...what else?

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2016
kenny987:

I think it might be peculiar to your area but I totally understand the effect on small businesses. My family does poultry so I know how tough it can be to keep em frozen and fresh.

I say Amen to ur last line...
By now you shout have known that is not peculiar to an area. I have covered many areas all of them are without power. How to know it is government gravitional point of strategy is (1) we were not given tangible reasons there will not be power nationwide (2) yet government has not come to give us excuses (3) They announce that NNPC is going on strike maybe today (4) nnpc did not give us notice ahead of time as usual 6)nnpc unbunding which is not yet public discuss has become strike...try to see clearer.The major reasons govt is going this (a)to keep public away from unusual event going out there (b)to keep you away from fear of being attack by your direct enemies (c)to increase level of poverty (d)to keep you away words that can lead more breakin law
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2016
whats with the black out abeg? seems they decided to give us Abuja peeps everybody's light.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2016
queenaisha:
yess..no light...no fuel,heat rashes don full my body fa

Go solar... cheesy cheesy
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Hiddentreasure1(f): 9:59am On Mar 10, 2016
repogirl:
till this morning?

We used to have consistently also, but for a few days now,it's been rationed until yesterday when it went off and didn't return.

And where I stay uses same line that powers the airport road streetlights o. So if we don't have, most of the streetlights in Abuja are down.

Or are you also using Aso rock line?
. Yes dr even till now as am typing there's light I don't really know abt the line but sometimes ago I hrd dat d line is directly from a dam in kaduna maybe shiroro or so cnt really say.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by akhis: 10:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

You can lie ooooh
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 10:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

Damn the consequences and go solar.. Thank me later... wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wike Places N200 Million Bounty On Perpetrators Of New Year Day Killing / Student Who Created Jonathan Parody Twitter Account Detained For 54 Days / Nnamdi Kanu Returns To Kuje Prison, Despite Being Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.