Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (35553 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ephemmm: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Funny

As of last year, IKEDC gives about 200 units of elect. at the sum of N3000.

In February 2016, N3000 was paid and we got only a meagre 85 units of elect.

That's about 75% deductions. If this massive rip off is not enough to provide electricity, then I can't help further.

I do not owe Buhari N1 from earnings, if they cannot make do with the benefits from my Electricity bills and bank charges, then they can go to hell. As regards the N50k, a penny would not be paid to the government unless of course, they are willing to provide me a job.

You can't escape this in Nigeria: if you are not paying directly, you will pay indirectly because if you buy ordinary pure water, you have indirectly paid to government pulse.

Can't believe a literate someone can be saying this.

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ephemmm: 10:04am On Mar 10, 2016
badnature:
the ZOO is crumbling before baboons and monkeys,as the Dracula,jihadists,pedophile and child rapist lead them to economic depression

Why are you sounding like a biafra lunatics, where is the fulfillment of this promise?

1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by kenny987(f): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2016
ogechieku:
By now you shout have known that is not peculiar to an area. I have covered many areas all of them are without power. How to know it is government gravitional point of strategy is (1) we were not given tangible reasons there will not be power nationwide (2) yet government has not come to give us excuses (3) They announce that NNPC is going on strike maybe today (4) nnpc did not give us notice ahead of time as usual 6)nnpc unbunding which is not yet public discuss has become strike...try to see clearer.The major reasons govt is going this (a)to keep public away from unusual event going out there (b)to keep you away from fear of being attack by your direct enemies (c)to increase level of poverty (d)to keep you away words that can lead more breakin law

I was speaking in respect of my area where I see and know what is obtainable. I do nut make it a habit to render opinions on what I cannot verify. The peculiarity I refered to was total blackout as being experienced by the op and that is why I said it is nt so in my area though d supply is reduced.

Of course the are other places experiencing same and others have never even been connected to the power supply grid but that isn't the subject matter is it?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by queenaisha(f): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Go solar... cheesy cheesy
i wish i could,i seriously wish so bro
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by sheubaba2013: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Pls fellow landers I need ur advice. This happen between me and the girl I want to marry. Her phone went bad November last year, but before then she said I should give her some money for her to do a phone swap which I gave her and she never did d swapping before the phone went bad. Since then she have been disturbing me to get her any phone that can browse and for now I don't have a tangible job. The disturbance was much so I decided to get her a phone not too long. The following day she told me that the phone use to get hot and that the battery drains fast. Again that am I sure is a new phone? What! A phone that I just bought yesterday? So she told me that she will like us to go and change the phone. I said mo problem. We went and change the phone after all the embarrassment I got there. So later that night she now told me that she don't like the phone that it doesn't take much apps and that the RAM is small, it's a tecno y2. Meanwhile that's what I can afford for now becos no work. The most annoying part is that up till now she didn't ask me how I got the money to buy the phone or how am I managing? Is this girl selfish and not appreciative?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ephemmm: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2016
TheArchangel:
What sort of daft and stupid bullcrap is this? Eedc and the other series of DC's were they not sold too? Even your Abuja DC's was privatised and yet you have light courtesy of " the hero"? Or are you so bereft of constructive ideas that you have to call in Jonathan every now and then to buttress your inconsiderate points.
Peeps are losing in their businesses and it is not the right time to play politics. So call your government to order.

When OBJ privatized communication, we witnessed a better and efficient communication up till date: in fulfillment of the pics attached, can you please show us the resultant effect of privatization of PHCN conducted and implemented by your otueke dullard?

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by dasauce(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

But when the same company provides 24/7 electricity, your hero Buhari would receive the glory?
stop being maopic. ..you're just playing polity..or are you sponsored? ?
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Ephemmm: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Kondomatic:
It is day 8 here but nobody is complaining because it is Buhari.

Yes it is BUhari.

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by EmmyDe25(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

If I ask you now to go solar, you'll say no.. I slept wella yesternight. Although my 24v/1.6kva system no fit carry AC, but e fit carry more than 10 fans... cheesy grin cheesy grin
How much guy, i wouldn't mind.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by buoye1(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2016
heartbraker:
@op abeg which nigeria is having totatl black out? here in my area light dey ooo even as i dey type
I wonder o... The caption is "TOTAL BLACK OUT" is he everywhere in Nigeria?

The supply dropped compared to last December but i can boast of 10-12hrs supply daily
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

May the curse of the Lord remains in the house of the wicked.

But some places are still enjoying constant supply till now

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nely77(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2016
Truth be told. The government of the day want to use every possible tactics to cajole the masses into accepting whatever they propose to do on electricity tariff. I believe this because of the comment made by the discos representative at the senate that "Nigerians should be ready to face blackouts if they refuse to accept the tariff increment" and the minister for power supported them. It then means that what we are experiencing now and what we are going to face in future have been planned ahead. I can only urge the Nigerian masses not to succumb to this blackmail.

2 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by hucienda: 10:10am On Mar 10, 2016
I wish Prof. Barth Nnaji is brought back as the current Minister of Power.
He was one of the Nigeria's best ever ministers.

I also wish Fela were still alive. Who knows the songs he would have sang during the Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan presidencies- let alone this current administration.
macfarland:
See them zombies oooh lol

lol... that 'apc card carrying member gaskiya' comment made me lol... everyone is wailing... wailers- and now even zombies.

1 Like

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by 9jatatafo(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2016
It's day 14 in my area in Lagos. Thunder fire IKeja electricity company
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by obitobe: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2016
"Winter is coming" in the voice of John snow (bastard of winterfell)
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SuzieeDee(f): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:
I'm just wondering, today marks the 4th day I've been trying to cope without electricity. Is this problem peculiar to me alone? Or are we suffering and smiling on the Social Media because we have N20 to charge phone on the streets?

Nobody cares about the impact on Businesses. Majority of the frozen food sellers in my street are lamenting as some of them have recorded monumental losses within the past 4 days.

I've personally lost about N50,000 (in directly) due to the failure of this government to admit and confront their failures.

So many business men are running at loss. Nigerians should not keep quiet. Market women, unlike, banks and large organizations do not have the money to purchase large inverters, diesel engines, etc. The few who could afford generators do not have access to petrol as most of the filling stations have shut their doors (in Lagos and Ogun). Mind you, 90% of those selling refuse to sell in Jerry cans. The implication is that a woman who has N100k worth of frozen food would rather bury her goods or fry it all for herself and family.

The big, influential and shameless men who ought to come out and speak are either scared of a fulani man or extremely 'stu.pid' to understand the plight of small business owners who survive on electricity.

I'm not a frozen food seller, but for Christ sake, these folks are Nigerian citizens who have chosen to survive in the absence of direct jobs from the government. Hence, they deserve the right to enjoy the basic amenities like electricity and fuel.

oga I just heard this morning that NEPA has gone on strike. They actually managed to bring light for 20minutes yesterday. This sh*t is really getting out of hand ah swear
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by BushidoBlue(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Funny

As of last year, IKEDC gives about 200 units of elect. at the sum of N3000.

In February 2016, N3000 was paid and we got only a meagre 85 units of elect.

That's about 75% deductions. If this massive rip off is not enough to provide electricity, then I can't help further.

I do not owe Buhari N1 from earnings, if they cannot make do with the benefits from my Electricity bills and bank charges, then they can go to hell. As regards the N50k, a penny would not be paid to the government unless of course, they are willing to provide me a job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Leke001: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2016
na chengi o!
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by richard870(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2016
3kay945:

Though, the situation is worrisome but your conclusion is wrong and unfair
@Op, let me remind you that all these happenings are predicated on partisan and egocentric reasons... we have been plunged into extreme hardship ever since the emergence of B.hari
All his policies are sickening and solely aimed @ castigating the opposition. There's more to governance than some partisan politicking
So, kindly tell me why you said i was. Wrong& unfair?
Thanks
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by dechiome(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2016
You can't plant rice and expect to harvest beans. We keep recycling same old leaders/ministers who come with same ideas/solutions and we expect a different result. Since Obj regime, billions of usd have been spent to revamp and improve power situation in Nigeria with little or no positive result. Fresh ideas required to solve the problems confronting this country can only come from new generation of leaders. I am a retiree , my generation has ruined Nigeria.. i only pity my children & grands.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nbote(m): 10:14am On Mar 10, 2016
ajani1978:
Look at ourselves someone lost 50,000 just only 4 days, my question is that if you have Light for 4days you gain 50k will you be able to pay 5% of your profit for light provider? Let check ourself before blame government all of us have a roll to play to make Nigeria great. God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

U people will not seize to amaze me. Do u have any idea how much people pay for non existent power supply?? My last bill was 9160 and I barely get 4 hours of light in a day for d past 2weeks now. Quite making excuses for the govt and let people express their opinions without having to worry about ur likes.

2 Likes

Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:
I was wondering too o. Why the uncharacteristic silence??
Because some areas aren't affected. I remember when bubu took over power, the zombies were shouting body language for improved power supply and were even saying that power has improved generally, not knowing that some places didn't experience any improvement at all. Now they are experiencing darkness while some areas are experiencing improved power supply
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Krayzeejhay(m): 10:18am On Mar 10, 2016
Light dey uyo na....which kain Total blackout??..
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Yustab(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2016
For my side we dey get upto 20 to 22hrs of electricity per day
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2016
buoye1:
I wonder o... The caption is "TOTAL BLACK OUT" is he everywhere in Nigeria?

The supply dropped compared to last December but i can boast of 10-12hrs supply daily
It doesnt have to be 100 off before it is called total black out or nationwide, anything above half can be described total black out expecially when it keeps on for days.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:25am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

Lagos Mainland, majority, if not all, residents connected to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company.

I live in Maryland axis and i usually have light.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by chernest2002: 10:26am On Mar 10, 2016
But i thought body language have been freezing people's foods and drinks in their homes. What have changed now? Have the body odour finished let me supply some from sewage.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2016
It's what you all voted for. Why the noise now. Is it not change? You all voted for it so brace up for what ever you get out of it. SAI BABA.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by annice2014: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2016
Acidosis:

But there is constant light supply at my end.
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Mrbigman1(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2016
ajani1978:
Look at ourselves someone lost 50,000 just only 4 days, my question is that if you have Light for 4days you gain 50k will you be able to pay 5% of your profit for light provider? Let check ourself before blame government all of us have a roll to play to make Nigeria great. God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

And did d guy tell u he dnt pay his light bill?

E be like say u be pastor oh.

Gimmi wat I paid for, dat what his asking for not more
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by Zellie: 10:29am On Mar 10, 2016
Total Blackout in Benin also, for more than a week now..

Thank God for school gen embarassed
Re: Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? by SycophanticGoat: 10:34am On Mar 10, 2016
EmmyDe25:

How much guy, i wouldn't mind.

Quit expensive, although depends on the capacity you wish to opt to. 200ah batteries cost about 55k (was less before the naira fall, cuz I bought my first ba3 for 40something thousand naira). My inverter (24v/1.6kva) was sold to me at 47k however, (24v/2kva) cost 60k or thereabout. If you are going for a 24v system just like me, then you need two batteries, minimum, but you can have up to 4 or 6 or 8 or 10.

But bear in mind that the more the number of batteries, the more solar panels you need and the more your power lasts. If you wanna use only the inverter plus battery, then you should ensure you have NEPA and generator to charge them. But if you don't, then you need to buy solar panels, charge controller and a flexible wire. Charge controller (PMW controllers), based on the current capacity costs from 25-50k. While my panel, 24v/300watts cost 50k each (I bought 2).

A flexible wire, depending on the distance and wire thickness can be around 400-700 pa yard.. It depends on you sha. If you wanna buy, just tell me, I can help you do all the design analysis free of charge and then tell you how many batteries, panels, etc you need. Not forgetting, you will also have to buy a solar panel stand or have a welder fabricate one for you. Wouldn't cost more than 15-20k. Then installation cost could be 15-20k depending on your location and the complexity of it all. The services of a carpenter may also be required..

I bought mine from Alaba tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tinubu’s NYSC Certificate Submitted To INEC Has Adekunle — Atiku’s Lawyer, Kalu / Beautiful APC Themed Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple / Bola Tinubu Visits Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.