Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today (72107 Views)

Rich Dudes Shouldn't Date Broke Ladies / Why You Shouldn't Date Or Marry A Poor Girl / Disadvantages Of Ladies With Stretch Marks. Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by fireforfire: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity:
FYI, all of you saying I've had bad luck when it comes to dating, sorry to disappoint you because you're all wrong. I just made some observations and you're all getting into a fit. Oh well, it was expected grin the guilty ones would be the ones to spew venom first grin
y r u bothering urself explaining
u owe no one any apologies. Its only guilty conscience dats affectin som pple.
if ur hands are clean , and ur acts devoid of any of the mentioned points in d article, u shuld just read n move one.
Some pple just dey accumulate BP for dem selves......

But come to think of it sef, if this write up was done against women, guys for don finish dem with bad mouth, but e dey pain dem now because reverse is d case.

Abeg make una chill !!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Apology accepted. smiley What you see affects you no matter how invisible the writer may be.

Wonder why some people deactivated ?

Bye all the same smiley
Lol, I av never deactivated before
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
Angelberry:

Oh sorry then! I was thinking you were in support when I saw the post. Lol, what will I do with respect on social media?
I smell a b*tch. Awww it stinks!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by chimah3(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity IF YOU DECIDED TO DATE Bleep BOYS ALL YOUR LIFE...DON'T COME OUT HEAR RANTING AND DISTURBING US!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by theGistsonline: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
princdebola201:
This Op sound like a pained heartbroken gold diggergringrin
LMAO!!! like she was RAMMED VERY HARD by a 15" naija dick & abandoned!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nnemuka(f): 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
i concur to your post....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
ILoveMakonen:
I smell a b*tch. Awww it stinks!
No attention given, pls excuse me!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Eminentsaint:
You see Pucelle, i'm not going to repeat what i posted earlier. Nairaland may be 'anti-women' but that doesn't mean all male users are. I have a sister i adore, i have an NYSC official that took me as her own son during and after my service year, i have a friend that when i look at her, i have hope that i'll find someone like her for a wife someday. So sweetheart, not everyone here is 'anti-women.'
Mr Eminentsaint,you just agreed with me that Nairaland may be or rather is anti-women,
The number of female respect inclined men is dwindling by the day,all from what young boys/men learn and assimilate from most media forum as this.

PS- my accession is right after all because my first post have been wiped off from this thread grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You are so stup1d i dont even know where to start from. Which yeye statistics, they one conducted by pink swollen white american men? who no black woman wants. LMao. For your information, hate to say this but real whities/europeans have this fetish for african women. And guess what these ones are 100 times more attractive than those fat pigs.

Have you forgotten the only white women black men can "afford" are usually fat or obese? grin We see it all the time. The left overs of white men are your pride. If they were slim and good looking they wont even look at you twice BECAUSE MOST DON'T FIND BLACK MEN ATTRACTIVE. Sorry but that's the fvcking truth right there. You asked for it.

You should have kept quiet if i were you

One more thing white men often go for dark/caramel black women if they are going interracial. Now kill yourself monkey.

Black women are really doing black men s favour. Normally they should be the last pick of every woman.
gringrin

The guy aff die already!grin

You murdered the bîtch! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by thywobab(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity:
That's why i added " of today" in the topic because I knew some smart ass will tow this line of argument. My father is definitely not a nigerian man of today.

Where do you think 'today's nigerian learn frm' foreign abi? And yet you wanna run frm a nigerian to a foreigner.well OP we learn frm our fathers,so stop deceiving ursef

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by omoharry(f): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You are so stup1d i dont even know where to start from. Which yeye statistics, they one conducted by pink swollen white american men? who no black woman wants. LMao. For your information, hate to say this but real whities/europeans have this fetish for african women. And guess what these ones are 100 times more attractive than those fat pigs.

Have you forgotten the only white women black men can "afford" are usually fat or obese? grin We see it all the time. The left overs of white men are your pride. If they were slim and good looking they wont even look at you twice BECAUSE MOST DON'T FIND BLACK MEN ATTRACTIVE. Sorry but that's the fvcking truth right there. You asked for it.

You should have kept quiet if i were you

One more thing white men often go for dark/caramel black women if they are going interracial. Now kill yourself monkey.

Black women are really doing black men s favour. Normally they should be the last pick of every woman.
you are right on point...they call us gold diggers mean while most of the white women these Nigerian men get married to, are either very old ladies that are qualifies to be in old people homes or the overly obess mamas that no body want..these black Nigerian men are nothing but sex tools for companionship and they will be feeling cool with themselve.Imagin a balck pot calling kettle black

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by amokeme(f): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mtchw.
Anyways most of the Nigerian men iv met are nothing like what the OP has mentioned(met more of the positives than the negative). I know alot of responsible NIGERIAN men.
and I'm definitely going to get married to a wonderful NIGERIAN MAN. By God's grace
The thing is know your class and evaluate.
If as a lady, you keep meeting the "wrong"(because everybody's defination of wrong is different) men, then check yourself. There is something wrong with you or what you are doing. Same applies to the guys also.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Zelex9(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
erico2k2:

From where did you get or perceive that sense of steriotyping? ??

From all around, first hand experience of peoples conversations to the way some TV (specifically nollywood) programs portray society. I maintain, it is nothing to get emotional about like I've read with responses within this thread. The OP did it to attract attention hence comments to the thread.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Midex88(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
Absolute Rubbish. NoPoint, NoSense

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
fireforfire:

if ur hands are clean , and ur acts devoid of any of the mentioned points in d article, u shuld just read n move one.

But come to think of it sef, if this write up was done against women, guys for don finish dem with bad mouth, but e dey pain dem now because reverse is d case.

cc Eminentsaint cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by erico2k2(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
fireforfire:

But na true nah.more women beg men 4 money than men begging women for money if nah lie ask Mrcock

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Lasveg(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
As a guy I'm really pained to read such post simply because some guys r guilty of what d Op said, and those type of guys r d ones spoiling our image. Only problem i have wif d post is dat d Op generalized. But thats wot happens when u write a post cos u r vindictive.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Zrolec(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity:
Disclaimer: This thread is not to insult anyone, it's just based in the few observations I've made and it doesn't also apply to every Nigerian guy. So take a moment to read before you release your venom(if this write up refers to you).

1) He is broke: The average Nigerian guy is Broke! Yes. It's either he has no job or he has a ridiculously low paying job. As a result of this, when their girlfriends make demands on them, they come on Nairaland to pour their anger and frustration over their inability to meet these demands. They tag them as hungry, money loving, gold digging sluts. And one way to know the jobless ones is that they spend a lot of time online on various social websites and it leaves one wondering when they actually work. The answer simply is, they have no jobs!

2) He is most probably a fůck boy : Most Nigerian dudes are fůck boys. You just meet a guy and you've barely talked for two days and he's already asking for nudes, like, Wth?? Or he's already trying to initiate a sex chat. That's how one of my friends got introduced to a guy online by a mutual friend. They had barely talked for a week and the goat was already asking her for X-rated Skype video Calls! Hian! You see them on social media, sending PMs,sliding into DMs, inboxing on Facebook to different girls hoping to get lucky with one of them. And from a lot of stories I've heard on NL, they want nothing but sex once they meet a hot girl. They strategise and plan all sorts of ways of luring a girl in to their homes on order to have their way with her. Guys, please stop this fůck boy behaviour of yours, don't try to get into a ladies panties without first trying to get into her heart.

3) He is polygamous in nature : "All Nigerian men Cheat! " This was implied proudly by one body builder who impregnated his ex girlfriend whilst still married to his celebrity wife. I can't count the number of times I've come across that statement both online and offline. I don't know if nigerian guys should be given a pat on the back for admitting their 'weakness' and saving lots of girls from heartache and high blood pressure from wondering if their boyfriends are faithful or not as they would already know there's another chick somewhere, or if they should be shot in the head for admitting such foolishness. And it amazes me that they always admit this with a tinge of pride. Well, it's up to you. It seems the spirit of our polygamous forefathers have not left the Nigerian men as they cannot cope with having just one woman in their life. Smh

4) Thinks he is God's gift to women : He thinks you're lucky to have him as there are several other girls that would kill to be in your place , therefore you should be grateful to God almighty for making you find such rare treasure like him undecided. He thinks he is the black adonis fallen from heaven. He thinks you are highly fortunate to have someone like him and most of this time, they ain't worth shįt angry Girls, please find someone who would appreciate you, not someone that would depreciate your value

5) Poor Personal hygiene: Nigerian guys Stink! I don't know if they think it's manly to walk around looking unkempt and smelling nasty but please, that's an archaic way of thinking as we're in the 21st century. Nothing turns most ladies on more than a well groomed, nice smelling man. Most nigerian dudes have terrible body odour and bad breath. Please please and please deodorant or body spray is not that expensive. For those of you who actually take your bath, you should also think of deodorising as you tend to sweat a lot and bathing will not be enough to mask unwanted odours. You don't have to use expensive perfumes to smell good, no one is asking you to be a metrosexual, just practise simple hygiene and you're good to go. And please, it's not a crime to change your boxers and socks everyday instead of repeating them and creating horrific odours

6) Would most definitely cheat on you: Do I really need to talk about This? Number 3 has explained this.

7) Super inflated ego : All men tend to be egotistical, there's nothing wrong with that but when you have a super inflated ego, there's a problem. Yes, these group of men feel that we ladies should worship the ground they walk on and if that they leave us, that would be the end of our lives. They are very proud, arrogant and they tend to look down on ladies. They would never call you first, they believe you should be the one scrambling for their attention, you dare not argue or disagree with them If not your own had finished. In fact, it remains for you to start calling them 'sir'.

cool A big, fat liar: How do you know when a Nigerian guy is Lying? The answer is, when his lips are moving! Even the devil is flabbergasted at the way these men lie. They lie about everything and most especially when they are cheating on you. They can also deny for Africa, even when they are caught red handed. You see some very steamy and compromising text messages he sent to another girl and they swear to you it's their sister. Ndi okwu asi

9) Take you for granted: They tend to take their women for granted. They feel the average nigerian woman is a desperate gold digger looking for a man to ensnare into marriage. They don't know that you should be loved, respected, appreciated, treated like a queen that you are.. Instead, they disrespect, violate, abuse and demean their women. It's a pity indeed.

10) Very immature : Finally, they could be so immature! I always shake my head in disgust when I see grown ass men behaving like babies. What would make a grown ass man who has gone through formal education and the four walls of a university do immature things like releasing the nudes of an ex (again, fůck boy syndrome), beat up a woman, ask his babe to return everything he got her while they were dating after they break up. Like Seriously?? Just because they might have a penis and they grow beards doesn't mean they are mature individuals. They are just kids in adult clothing.

In conclusion, I did not do this to offend anyone oh, just for you guys to get a taste of your own medicine when you open your numerous female bashing threads and rain all sorts of profanities on nigerian girls. smiley no one is perfect, even we ladies have our own imperfections.
Note: feel free to insult the Op, get offended, spew profanities,have hypertension because of this post. You're all welcome smiley
Ure right. Am almost guilty of 5/10 thanks. I will seek a redress
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Wowzer(m): 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Only No. 2,3,4 and 6 applies to me. My girlfriend's knows I'm cheating. Cos I tell them from the start. But they still like me for me.

I don't even date Nigerian women...despite my cravings for them. How I wish....they always look for what I don't have instead of what I have.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by noblegrex: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity:
You're a confused and a pained NIGERIAN man smiley
Can't make sense of the bullshit you just typed
Well, I'm not sorry for hurting you this hot Friday afternoon because the truth must be told kiss
I never disputed the fact that you just said the truth. Pls accept my sympathy for what you pop man did yo your mum and for him not trying to meet up with his pair group during his time. Don't worry. Your maga will help your family for that.may be you're a bastard that's why your dad did not take care of you. Cos he's a NIGERIAN man. Note; a pair of my shoe can pay your school fees.cos I'm sure some one like you can't affored private university. Likes go for likes. Some one that's not attractive is looking for something attractive. Ahahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Lsofdk(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
tosyne2much:
Thank God I don't belong to any of the categories cool

We need a counter thread please !
shi*t my ba3....when i charge i go return with counter
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by mamba808(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fans of #9.... Sometimes, we wants you to understand us...A working extra time! I hope you are not Dating a Nigerian guy?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by DExplorer1: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Wetin carry me come here? Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by ourchoice(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
pucelle:

Mr Eminentsaint,you just agreed with me that Nairaland may be or rather is anti-women,
The number of female respect inclined men is dwindling by the day,all from what young boys/men learn and assimilate from most media forum as this.
Agreed....but I think its not just forums that are causing this dwindling respect for Nigerian women....daily life experiences these guys get are enough to form their negative perception about Nigerian women. My suggestion is that every Nigerian lady examine her life and make the necessary change to stand out from the crowd of generalized Nigerian women.

Same applies to the guys

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
In other words, we're just fůck buddies. I can understand the financial support aspect, a woman should be independent and all that but what else is binding us in the Relationship?
ourchoice:
When a lady expect too much from men, she will only end up disappointed and heartbroken many times.

As a lady, always expect little or nothing from any man....be it Aliko Dangote, Bill Gates or Drake and you will never be heartbroken.

The reason why men don't cry much about heartbreak is not because men don't get heartbroken by women, but it's because men don't expect much from women....the highest thing majority of men expect to get from a woman is SEX....and that's why they hardly get worried or heartbroken.

But ladies expect:

1. Financial support from men - when the man don't meet this expectation, she gets disappointed

2. Emotional support from men- when she doesn't get enough of the emotional support she crave for, she cries heartbreak

3. Material support from men - when she doesn't get this to the fullest like most of her friends are getting, she feels disappointed.

etc, etc....

So dear ladies, learn to expect less from guys and you won't ever be heartbroken or disappointed by any man, even your husband!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by erico2k2(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Zelex9:

From all around, first hand experience of peoples conversations to the way some TV (specifically nollywood) programs portray society. I maintain, it is nothing to get emotional about like I've read with responses within this thread. The OP did it to attract attention hence comments to the thread.
Ok I take it you mean NIGERIA. Have you go e close to an English white guy who ate galic in Winter b4?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Maxi112: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
omoharry:
ooo my God grin grin grin grin grin..so ee dey pain abi?..when you guys were busy bashing on we ladies..it was like fun but we didn't find it funny and amusing.....now you guys should take some of the bitter pills that you have been giving us to swallow...honestly...95% of what the op said is true..i have dated men. these are the traite..always feeling they are God sents to who ever is dating them...even when you are independent and you dont ask them for anything.
u have dated men... have u dated me?

honestly speaking d op is just looking for cheap trouble and u r here backing her up

don't worry make una leave us go date oyibo, but make una remember say menopause no dey joke with ladies way get that mentality... advice

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by sucess001(m): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
@ OP...

take heart...and try to move on...

God will give you another guy.,...

@fabulocity

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
This kinda thread makes silly gurls stay single till 55...

6 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
Estharfabian:
gringrin
The guy aff die already!grin

You murdered the bîtch! grin
I think he is really dead embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by omoharry(f): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
MrCork:

..you come to nairaland looking for nigeria man to maary(read yorrr last post)) ...sweethatt...the question is who's gonnno marry you witthis kinnnda atitude?.(SHAME) undecided
the thin pain u well welll, so tey you go dig her previous post....you guys should learn how to swallow the bitter pills that you have always been giving to we ladies to swallow ever since..ee never pain you reach...this is what you guys are and that is the fact..why put your head in the sand as if what the op is saying does not exist among you Nigerian men..this what we women both Good and Bad come in contact with while dating you guys..it horrible.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by MrCork: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
Angelberry:

What is this one saying, is there any difference between you and the home base

angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) / Man Who Took Sex-Enhancing Drug Dies During Sex Romp With Teenager In Onitsha / He’s Very Stingy And I am tired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.