Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) (72044 Views)

He Caught Me Cheating 3 Times And Forgave Me – Lady Gushes Over Boyfriend / Groom Caught Bride Cheating On Him With His Best Man And Called Off The Wedding / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Aonkuuse(m): 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
I think this young lady have made the best choice for herself. She called off her wedding that supposed to hold on Saturday over her boyfriend's constant beatings

Read her story below:

Hello Guys!!!

I never wanted to bring this here but I have to, I am a type of person who likes to keep my relationship away from social media but this is for clarification purposes.

This was my secondary school classmate who I thought I knew to an extent. On December 28, 2020 he did the 1st and 2nd stage in my family marriage list which bride price happened to be on the 2nd stage which he paid. After he paid my bride price he started maltreating me.

2021 was hell for me that at some point I left home, after everything we settled around November 2021 which he promised he will never beat me again. But still nothing CHANGED.

This is my reason why I am CALLING OFF the Traditional Marriage (Igba Ngwu) and White Wedding ceremony between me and DAVID OKIKE OFF. (Beating me was not part of the agreement in our Marriage)

This Saturday should have been my traditional and white wedding ceremony day.... I supposed to be happy but I am not.

For couple of months now I have been going through a lot.

I have been in a TOXIC RELATIONSHIP for OVER a YEAR now.. I am aware that this may be a shock to many people, especially people from my Home Town. My supposed husband HIT and ABUSE me in any slightest provocation, just small misunderstanding without minding what condition I am into.

Because I have chosen ME and I will not live my entire life facing DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. My supposed husband is full of RAGE, BEATING me with his Belt, Stick, Broom is his DAILY ROUTINE, Many a times he had lifted his hammer � on me and this Monday last week just because of little misunderstanding he beat me mercilessly and on the process of it he rushed into his mother's kitchen for a cutlass, when I noticed he's going for a weapon I locked the door behind him which he forcefully opened, both his mother and Sisters and some neighbors were begging him not to cut me with the cutlass ... With all these things and more I am fed up.

I AM CALLING OFF THE WEDDING AND TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE (IGBA NGWU) BETWEEN ME AND DAVID OKIKE that supposed to hold on this Saturday 16th, April 2022.

Please to my family and friends I am so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you ��

But I will not end up with a man who always promise that if I didn't kill him, that he will kill me.

I am still suffering from unstoppable headache I sustained from the head injury he gave me 3 weeks ago.

The "bride price paid" will be Returned in due time.

Please Respect my choices. Thanks and God bless you all.

https://www.facebook.com/100023344715047/posts/1125662428221904/?app=fbl

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Tracka: 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
You have made the right choice for yourself

865 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by immortalcrown(m): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Okay. Next...

Leaving him is a good choice because a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Good luck in your marriage. But the problem is most humans, especially women, are insatiable. You have left him. If he gets another woman or gets richer, you will begin to regret leaving him.

I like the fact that you publicized this. If you mess up in your marriage, your marriage will remember this publicity and do what will vindicate the man you accuse now.

ADDED:
I have gotten 21 quotes and have no time to reply to the quotes one after another. Fools attack me because of my last paragraph where I addressed the lady's publicity of the case. The stupid attackers ignored where I say a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. My last paragraph implies that she herself should not be abusive in her marriage since she left an abusive man. If she becomes abusive in her own marriage, this publicity will work against her. Tonto is an example. Tonto left her marriage and made the world see her estranged husband as a beast. The man has been living peacefully with another woman and Tonto has failed in her second marriage. This does not mean Churchil is innocent of her accusation. She might have said the truth against Churchil. She might have lied against Churchil. I was not there to know the truth. But whether she lied or not, her failed second marriage went viral because of her publicity against Churchil. So, if you publicize the weakness of your ex, be careful in handling your next partner, be you a man or a woman. The stupid attackers who accept only one-sided judgment and hate a balanced judgment should hug live energy transformers.

"If he gets another woman or gets richer, you will begin to regret leaving him." If this bolded part is more reason the stupid attackers are angry, I can justify the bolded part. If not for material benefits or for getting an orgasm, what will make such a lady date the highly abusive man for more than a year? We can see the man's picture. We can see he is not all that physically attractive. So, what kept her in the relationship for more than a year? Any lady that decides to date a highly abusive man for up to a year does it either for material benefits or for sexual satisfaction, and such a lady will have interest in the man for a long time even after a breakup. If not that common sense is not common, those attacking me would have asked themselves why she dated him for more than a year. She claims she was hoping he would change, this is a lie. Or, are there not men she dated for less than a year? Why didn't she give those ones more than a year to know if they would change?

169 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Zchi1052(m): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Better o before we start hearing stories that touches the heart again

Pls it's really necessary to stay away from abusive relationship...it' leads to Doom

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by yuping(m): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
undecided this is the type of woman that deserve beauty, black and bold smart woman, title not those one disguising anyway congratulations for abuse escape.
Please all women should look at the face of that nuisance call man and avoid him like a plague.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by RoyalBlu(f): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
Best decision you made girl.
Peace of mind over anything.

*A man that can threaten you with a Cutlass in the presence of his mother... I don't want to imagine what'd he'd do when you both start living alone.

216 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Best decision for her. Don't listen to plea o

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Goldbw122(m): 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
Just Best

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Nova1988(m): 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
like if you think she made a right choice.

264 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by slawormiir: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Nice...I hate domestic violence

I hate domestic violence with passion

BESTScientist1:
So what you smoke makes you low and not high enough to beat..... interesting..... something tells me you're lying about this smoke, smark, shark,.etc because you can't smoke like you portray and still be articulate with your write ups
First of all ....smoking weed makes you have a good sense of reasoning...
And secondly I can't beat a woman because I have lived with women almost all my life...I am the only male child among six children...
There are different ways to reprimand a woman for any wrong doing...don't beat them

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Officialzito: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022

Ooo naa good

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
She is a very lucky woman. The sad thing is that a good percentage of Nigerian* men are like this man. The African tradition/culture was founded on pure misogyny/oppression of women, that's why mother's of old were grooming bad* husband's , poorly brought up sons who were taught that beating a wife is normal. SayNoToDomesticViolence!

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Nova1988(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Bimpe29: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good decision taken at the right time.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by posty56: 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
nice one, the incident with the ekuweme singer ,gave you the courage to Abandon such relationship, nobody should stay in a toxic relationship for any reason

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by tydi(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
lol

Most romantic show offs on social media is just a screen behind the smoke

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Kingcalls: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Women always think they are right ... what did u do?? Men don't show emotions when they are abused , they can't cry , so they rather will hit, its in our nature ...so y do women think they can just insult men and get away with it... as long as the world dont preach that women should also respect men and dont insult men, men will continue to hit women... they wise women will dodge confrontation to avoid violence , the foolish ones will think they can insult men and expect no reaction....

Domestic violence against women has increased since feminists started preaching that a woman should not be hit even if she abuses the man to the point where he is pushed to the wall... just look at the last 2 big brothers... look at how those women insulted those guys to the point that one of the guys started crying... women like that will easily get hit by a man cis men respond with violence when angry....its in a man's nature and women should understand it... this is y most men don't wanna even get married again...

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Cholls(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Santify:
A queen!
My sister a Queen

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by pmc01(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Good move

4 Likes

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by TotoGame(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
most men from Ebonyi State do treat their wives like slaves, they beat up their wives at any slightest provocation, those people don't have any regard for women

I know that there are good men from that state but about 90% of Ebonyi guys that lives in ontisha here do abuse and hit their wives ...

No hard feelings! I'm just saying the truth

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by FutureIsFemale(f): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Nice move.
If I have my way I'd stay single forever.
These animals don't worth it.

He should be arrested and no refund of the bride price unless he has not had sex with you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Omniman(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
grin

Dodged a bullet there...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by donbenie(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
If the bride price has been paid..
You done marry be that..
Na to annul the marriage be next.. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Is like men tend to beat women too often in this part of the world.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Better

6 Likes

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by pmc01(m): 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
Nova1988:
like if you think she made a right choice.

She made the right choice, but we are not liking your post.

41 Likes

Re: Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) by Realists(m): 10:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
RoyalBlu:
Best decision you made girl.
Peace of mind over anything.

*A man that can threaten you with a Cutlass in the presence of his mother... I don't want to imagine what'd he'd do when you both start living alone.

Hmm, One man, One wife palava, no dey end.
However, she needs to report the matter to the nearest police station, for such narcissist will surely come after her life, only Almighty God can save her.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Man Apologizes to His Lover With A Benz After Breaking Up With Her (Pix, Video) / Christmas Gift: Lady Gets N2 Million After Posting This On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.