Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today (72055 Views)

Rich Dudes Shouldn't Date Broke Ladies / Why You Shouldn't Date Or Marry A Poor Girl / Disadvantages Of Ladies With Stretch Marks. Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
olihilistic:
are dating a heavenly dude
Nigerian guys aren't the only ones in this world if I may remind you undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Eminentsaint(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You generalised but its true for so many. Me am tired of them already, i want a foreign/European partner.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
The chances of this reaching fp is 1/100.. We can only hope embarassedcheesy
if this thread doesn't make FP till night fall then your accession is right grin

in that case Mr seun should accept the fact that Nairaland Is anti women. smiley

which way naija

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Eminentsaint(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
That OP is more like a farmer that will milk their cows without giving them grass to eat. Tomorrow, people will like you will come and say women aren't well represented in politics. I feel bad for anyone that will follow that silly 'advice' but i wish all of them good luck with their ambitions.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Doubleagent008(m): 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2016
LOL Mehn guys (Nigerian men in question) relax. take a chill pill and read what she has written. it's quite comical. The Disclaimer is an absolute contradiction of the whole write up. the construction of the piece was unidirectional with an undertone of disdain for Nigerian men. so here I am laughing at the post because it was suppose to be analytical of a set of people it was rather a bashing. then why should you be worked up on a piece like this that hasn't really brought out any valid logical point? e.g Nigerian men stink? really?!!! or this one NIGERIAN men are Broke ; wow on a lighter note OP we are called less developed country for a reason and a 3rd world country for another. so if u say men in this population are Broke, sister some may call u greedy, or a gold digger but if u consider that an insult, maybe a diamond digger will appeal more to ur taste.
You took your time to write this, you could do better so that you can present some logical argument for sake of intellectual jostling.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Nigerian guys aren't the only ones in this world if I may remind you undecided
I never said Nigerian guys are the only guys on earth. just asked a simple question before I will say what I want to say
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thank you smiley
Eminentsaint:
That OP is more like a farmer that will milk their cows without giving them grass to eat. Tomorrow, people will like you will come and say women aren't well represented in politics. I feel bad for anyone that will follow that silly 'advice' but i wish all of them good luck with their ambitions.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Eminentsaint(m): 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
pucelle:

if this thread doesn't make FP till night fall then your accession is right grin

in that case Mr seun should accept the fact that Nairaland Is anti women. smiley

which way naija
Nairaland isn't 'anti-women' it is being taken over by people or users who have the hearts and minds to cause unnecessary problems of all kinds.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
olihilistic:
I never said Nigerian guys are the only guys on earth. just asked a simple question before I will say what I want to say
now go back, read the thread and your comment , meditate on both then come back to tell me I thought wrong.

Then I will know what to say to you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz, and your response is not bitchy kwa?, u reply like one of the supposed bitchy girls on NL grin
make you no shut up untill i give you cyberslap, preeq

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by badonkadonk: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
The op is lie mohammeds niece..

But I still wonder which self respecting Nigerian guy that hustles nyt and day and even in his sleep and dreams would now beat his chest like a drum stick for a lady to come am chop the fruits of his sun scorched painfully gained hardwork...

The best way to know if a lady is for u is to form u from broke-lyn for some months...

We would rather spend for our fellow guys cos dem boiz dey help....

Than some finger licking, eye like a mango looking babe that sees all men as private saving accounts that they can just come and dip their dirty fingers into... And withdraw money like say na dem send us go hustle...

Anyway Counter thread loading sha... tongue

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by oluwazino(m): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
Abeg let me know when you put on ur gen.... I want to charge

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
I was almost congratulating you for understanding my post
But thank goodness I read to the end of your long post and I didn't. Sorry the points aren't "intellectual" enough for you. I just stated very basic that a lot of girls can relate to.
And what intellectual points do you want me to raise concerning Nigerian Men? Isn't that Laughable?
Doubleagent008:
LOL Mehn guys (Nigerian men in question) relax. take a chill pill and read what she has written. it's quite comical. The Disclaimer is an absolute contradiction of the whole write up. the construction of the piece was unidirectional with an undertone of disdain for Nigerian men. so here I am laughing at the post because it was suppose to be analytical of a set of people it was rather a bashing. then why should you be worked up on a piece like this that hasn't really brought out any valid logical point? e.g Nigerian men stink? really?!!! or this one NIGERIAN men are Broke ; wow on a lighter note OP we are called less developed country for a reason and a 3rd world country for another. so if u say men in this population are Broke, sister some may call u greedy, or a gold digger but if u consider that an insult, maybe a diamond digger will appeal more to ur taste.
You took your time to write this, you could do better so that you can present some logical argument for sake of intellectual jostling.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thanks to lala for moving this to fp lately nairaland is anti-female with boys creating thread

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
MrCork:

....SAY WOT?...homebase nigeria guys that lookLIKe lagos roadside mechanic or we London Nigerian guys? undecided
What is this one saying, is there any difference between you and the home base

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by tosyne2much(m): 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thank God I don't belong to any of the categories cool

We need a counter thread please !

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by lezz(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
SmoothCruiz:

Check the statistics. Foreign men do not consider black women attractive so they're less likely to settle with you except you're rich and maybe, fair-skinned . They are less likely to marry you. cheesy

All white women ,on the other hand, have a fetish for African men.
They, for some odd reason, consider us better in bed than white men. Heck! We're better hung and more masculine than the white, pale sissies.

It's more common to find a white woman cheating with a black man than a white man cheating with a black woman.

You all should be glad we roll with you.

For the record, we would easily eat a white woman's _vagina than a black woman's which is all dark, bumpy and smelly. Eewwwh!
I need to buy you a drink, man! What's your brand?

12 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Diddyydiva:
now go back, read the thread and your comment , meditate on both then come back to tell me I thought wrong.

Then I will know what to say to you.

ok
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by HaneefahRN(f): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ok, I will date a Nigerian guy of tomorrow undecided

But come to think of it most of the people badhing the OP are hypocrites, if the thread had been against women, u wld see how some would be so happy and excited to bash women, yet a taste of their medicine is given and they are still displaying the stereotypes the OP had mentioned.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by ashewoboy(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ladies are feeling a sense of relief now, there is equality. It's not only female bashing threads that are making front page. Kudos to the anti women thread. Moderators have reviewed their modus operandi.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
olihilistic:

ok
Good boy. smiley
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by stevecantrell: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
Awwww.. Team foreign boys. I guess ?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Good boy. smiley
can I ask some questions??
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by 1miccza: 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
Looks like the OP has gone through every Nigerian dude... That said,OP if you ain't married to one yet,your future husband might be Nigerian. Make sure that your traits are absent in him..

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by erico2k2(m): 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You generalised but its true for so many. Me am tired of them already, i want a foreign/European partner.
Men are same world wide.I live in Europe and would never marry from Europe.
To be honest the OP did insult every man In Nigeria the ones related to her inclussive.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by erico2k2(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
1miccza:
Looks like the OP has gone through every Nigerian dude... That said,OP if you ain't married to one yet,your future husband might be Nigerian. Make sure that your traits are absent in him..
Ahaha I tell you sounds like write up of a fustrated woman.Men chi unu Bad shaaa
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
That's the trait that pisses me off the most grin They are suppose to be on their knees all the time. Lol
On their kneels begging you or what? Girl what are you feeling like on Nairaland?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by Olodonairaland(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
[size=30pt]you want to date a rich,handsome,neat,tall,honest,caring,loving,truthful,strong in bed dude WAIT JESUS IS COMING SOON[/size]

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by charlycharly: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity:
Disclaimer: This thread is not to insult anyone, it's just based in the few observations I've made and it doesn't also apply to every Nigerian guy. So take a moment to read before you release your venom(if this write up refers to you).

1) He is broke: The average Nigerian guy is Broke! Yes. It's either he has no job or he has a ridiculously low paying job. As a result of this, when their girlfriends make demands on them, they come on Nairaland to pour their anger and frustration over their inability to meet these demands. They tag them as hungry, money loving, gold digging sluts. And one way to know the jobless ones is that they spend a lot of time online on various social websites and it leaves one wondering when they actually work. The answer simply is, they have no jobs!

2) He is most probably a fůck boy : Most Nigerian dudes are fůck boys. You just meet a guy and you've barely talked for two days and he's already asking for nudes, like, Wth?? Or he's already trying to initiate a sex chat. That's how one of my friends got introduced to a guy online by a mutual friend. They had barely talked for a week and the goat was already asking her for X-rated Skype video Calls! Hian! You see them on social media, sending PMs,sliding into DMs, inboxing on Facebook to different girls hoping to get lucky with one of them. And from a lot of stories I've heard on NL, they want nothing but sex once they meet a hot girl. They strategise and plan all sorts of ways of luring a girl in to their homes on order to have their way with her. Guys, please stop this fůck boy behaviour of yours, don't try to get into a ladies panties without first trying to get into her heart.

3) He is polygamous in nature : "All Nigerian men Cheat! " This was implied proudly by one body builder who impregnated his ex girlfriend whilst still married to his celebrity wife. I can't count the number of times I've come across that statement both online and offline. I don't know if nigerian guys should be given a pat on the back for admitting their 'weakness' and saving lots of girls from heartache and high blood pressure from wondering if their boyfriends are faithful or not as they would already know there's another chick somewhere, or if they should be shot in the head for admitting such foolishness. And it amazes me that they always admit this with a tinge of pride. Well, it's up to you. It seems the spirit of our polygamous forefathers have not left the Nigerian men as they cannot cope with having just one woman in their life. Smh

4) Thinks he is God's gift to women : He thinks you're lucky to have him as there are several other girls that would kill to be in your place , therefore you should be grateful to God almighty for making you find such rare treasure like him undecided. He thinks he is the black adonis fallen from heaven. He thinks you are highly fortunate to have someone like him and most of this time, they ain't worth shįt angry Girls, please find someone who would appreciate you, not someone that would depreciate your value

5) Poor Personal hygiene: Nigerian guys Stink! I don't know if they think it's manly to walk around looking unkempt and smelling nasty but please, that's an archaic way of thinking as we're in the 21st century. Nothing turns most ladies on more than a well groomed, nice smelling man. Most nigerian dudes have terrible body odour and bad breath. Please please and please deodorant or body spray is not that expensive. For those of you who actually take your bath, you should also think of deodorising as you tend to sweat a lot and bathing will not be enough to mask unwanted odours. You don't have to use expensive perfumes to smell good, no one is asking you to be a metrosexual, just practise simple hygiene and you're good to go. And please, it's not a crime to change your boxers and socks everyday instead of repeating them and creating horrific odours

6) Would most definitely cheat on you: Do I really need to talk about This? Number 3 has explained this.

7) Super inflated ego : All men tend to be egotistical, there's nothing wrong with that but when you have a super inflated ego, there's a problem. Yes, these group of men feel that we ladies should worship the ground they walk on and if that they leave us, that would be the end of our lives. They are very proud, arrogant and they tend to look down on ladies. They would never call you first, they believe you should be the one scrambling for their attention, you dare not argue or disagree with them If not your own had finished. In fact, it remains for you to start calling them 'sir'.

cool A big, fat liar: How do you know when a Nigerian guy is Lying? The answer is, when his lips are moving! Even the devil is flabbergasted at the way these men lie. They lie about everything and most especially when they are cheating on you. They can also deny for Africa, even when they are caught red handed. You see some very steamy and compromising text messages he sent to another girl and they swear to you it's their sister. Ndi okwu asi

9) Take you for granted: They tend to take their women for granted. They feel the average nigerian woman is a desperate gold digger looking for a man to ensnare into marriage. They don't know that you should be loved, respected, appreciated, treated like a queen that you are.. Instead, they disrespect, violate, abuse and demean their women. It's a pity indeed.

10) Very immature : Finally, they could be so immature! I always shake my head in disgust when I see grown ass men behaving like babies. What would make a grown ass man who has gone through formal education and the four walls of a university do immature things like releasing the nudes of an ex (again, fůck boy syndrome), beat up a woman, ask his babe to return everything he got her while they were dating after they break up. Like Seriously?? Just because they might have a penis and they grow beards doesn't mean they are mature individuals. They are just kids in adult clothing.

In conclusion, I did not do this to offend anyone oh, just for you guys to get a taste of your own medicine when you open your numerous female bashing threads and rain all sorts of profanities on nigerian girls. smiley no one is perfect, even we ladies have our own imperfections.
Note: feel free to insult the Op, get offended, spew profanities,have hypertension because of this post. You're all welcome smiley
why are you so pained ? Take it easy
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by boolieWoskie: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
Fabulocity:
Disclaimer: This thread is not to insult anyone, it's just based in the few observations I've made and it doesn't also apply to every Nigerian guy. So take a moment to read before you release your venom(if this write up refers to you).

1) He is broke: The average Nigerian guy is Broke! Yes. It's either he has no job or he has a ridiculously low paying job. As a result of this, when their girlfriends make demands on them, they come on Nairaland to pour their anger and frustration over their inability to meet these demands. They tag them as hungry, money loving, gold digging sluts. And one way to know the jobless ones is that they spend a lot of time online on various social websites and it leaves one wondering when they actually work. The answer simply is, they have no jobs!

2) He is most probably a fůck boy : Most Nigerian dudes are fůck boys. You just meet a guy and you've barely talked for two days and he's already asking for nudes, like, Wth?? Or he's already trying to initiate a sex chat. That's how one of my friends got introduced to a guy online by a mutual friend. They had barely talked for a week and the goat was already asking her for X-rated Skype video Calls! Hian! You see them on social media, sending PMs,sliding into DMs, inboxing on Facebook to different girls hoping to get lucky with one of them. And from a lot of stories I've heard on NL, they want nothing but sex once they meet a hot girl. They strategise and plan all sorts of ways of luring a girl in to their homes on order to have their way with her. Guys, please stop this fůck boy behaviour of yours, don't try to get into a ladies panties without first trying to get into her heart.

3) He is polygamous in nature : "All Nigerian men Cheat! " This was implied proudly by one body builder who impregnated his ex girlfriend whilst still married to his celebrity wife. I can't count the number of times I've come across that statement both online and offline. I don't know if nigerian guys should be given a pat on the back for admitting their 'weakness' and saving lots of girls from heartache and high blood pressure from wondering if their boyfriends are faithful or not as they would already know there's another chick somewhere, or if they should be shot in the head for admitting such foolishness. And it amazes me that they always admit this with a tinge of pride. Well, it's up to you. It seems the spirit of our polygamous forefathers have not left the Nigerian men as they cannot cope with having just one woman in their life. Smh

4) Thinks he is God's gift to women : He thinks you're lucky to have him as there are several other girls that would kill to be in your place , therefore you should be grateful to God almighty for making you find such rare treasure like him undecided. He thinks he is the black adonis fallen from heaven. He thinks you are highly fortunate to have someone like him and most of this time, they ain't worth shįt angry Girls, please find someone who would appreciate you, not someone that would depreciate your value

5) Poor Personal hygiene: Nigerian guys Stink! I don't know if they think it's manly to walk around looking unkempt and smelling nasty but please, that's an archaic way of thinking as we're in the 21st century. Nothing turns most ladies on more than a well groomed, nice smelling man. Most nigerian dudes have terrible body odour and bad breath. Please please and please deodorant or body spray is not that expensive. For those of you who actually take your bath, you should also think of deodorising as you tend to sweat a lot and bathing will not be enough to mask unwanted odours. You don't have to use expensive perfumes to smell good, no one is asking you to be a metrosexual, just practise simple hygiene and you're good to go. And please, it's not a crime to change your boxers and socks everyday instead of repeating them and creating horrific odours

6) Would most definitely cheat on you: Do I really need to talk about This? Number 3 has explained this.

7) Super inflated ego : All men tend to be egotistical, there's nothing wrong with that but when you have a super inflated ego, there's a problem. Yes, these group of men feel that we ladies should worship the ground they walk on and if that they leave us, that would be the end of our lives. They are very proud, arrogant and they tend to look down on ladies. They would never call you first, they believe you should be the one scrambling for their attention, you dare not argue or disagree with them If not your own had finished. In fact, it remains for you to start calling them 'sir'.

cool A big, fat liar: How do you know when a Nigerian guy is Lying? The answer is, when his lips are moving! Even the devil is flabbergasted at the way these men lie. They lie about everything and most especially when they are cheating on you. They can also deny for Africa, even when they are caught red handed. You see some very steamy and compromising text messages he sent to another girl and they swear to you it's their sister. Ndi okwu asi

9) Take you for granted: They tend to take their women for granted. They feel the average nigerian woman is a desperate gold digger looking for a man to ensnare into marriage. They don't know that you should be loved, respected, appreciated, treated like a queen that you are.. Instead, they disrespect, violate, abuse and demean their women. It's a pity indeed.

10) Very immature : Finally, they could be so immature! I always shake my head in disgust when I see grown ass men behaving like babies. What would make a grown ass man who has gone through formal education and the four walls of a university do immature things like releasing the nudes of an ex (again, fůck boy syndrome), beat up a woman, ask his babe to return everything he got her while they were dating after they break up. Like Seriously?? Just because they might have a penis and they grow beards doesn't mean they are mature individuals. They are just kids in adult clothing.

In conclusion, I did not do this to offend anyone oh, just for you guys to get a taste of your own medicine when you open your numerous female bashing threads and rain all sorts of profanities on nigerian girls. smiley no one is perfect, even we ladies have our own imperfections.
Note: feel free to insult the Op, get offended, spew profanities,have hypertension because of this post. You're all welcome smiley
op, either u met the wrong guy and woefully allow ur pants down for him and he usurps ur girlhood, left u devastated and frustrated to the conclusion that all ur brothers are pigs and the likes of what u mentioned above!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by engr007: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2016
Babe u just so unlucky to me just one wrong dude u love DAT does not love u plz don't generalized sone one great may come if u keep ur character nice don't post did stuff again....
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today by gbens2000(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2016
Stupedinluv:
you gat me here am from the Bahamas,let's go there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Christmas Gift: Lady Gets N2 Million After Posting This On Social Media / Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.