Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News (13915 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Nigerians Blast Saraki For 'lying' That He Was Not Stoned - PM News / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by bawomolo(m): 1:09am On Jul 30, 2009
this thread has turned into something else.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by blkmum700: 1:53am On Jul 30, 2009
there is no any perfect religion in the world today,Muslem and christian both have their problems,except if you dont live anywhere arround the world that you will not know the Jews kill innocent people in Gaza,the jews are christian so has the MEND Who kill innocent people in thier fight for justice,they are also many case of killing in US by christian.

So Willy-Willy and Orther should shut up,those fighting in the north are just illitrate,
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by lawyer(m): 2:06am On Jul 30, 2009
27 July 2009
NIGERIA: Boko Haram sect leader Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf vows revenge
The following report is from the Daily Trust, Abuja, Nigeria. [Note the term Kafirci may be used in reference to "unlawful or against the practice of Islam; apostacy or something to be eliminated", such as Muslims who are subjected to Western education in violation of their religious beliefs - which Boko Haram seeks to end.]

Boko Haram sect leader vows revenge
© Daily Trust
By Ahmad Salkida
July 27, 2009

Maiduguri - Leader of the radical Islamic sect opposed to western education, Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf, yesterday told Daily Trust that his group would not take kindly to the killing of dozens of its supporters in Bauchi.

Yusuf, who spoke to our reporter by telephone on the clashes between his supporters and the police in Bauchi, said his men were ready to die to ensure the institution of a strict Islamic society.

Last week nine suspected followers of Yusuf were arrested in Biu, Borno State, carrying bombs. Also on Saturday, a prominent member of the sect died in an explosion at his home while fixing a bomb for use on a target.

Yusuf confirmed to our reporter that those were his men. "I received information that my followers were attacked in different locations at Biu. Initially I thought it was an attempt by the authorities to justify their plan to arrest me but I later gathered reliably that our brothers were doing what Allah said, arm yourself to defend yourself and your religion in the face of an attack and an attack was eminent. This was what Malam Hassan (bomb victim) was doing when he became a martyr.

"What I said previously that we are going to be attacked by the authorities has manifested itself in Bauchi, where about 40 of our brothers were killed, their Mosque and homes burnt down completely and several others were injured and about a hundred are presently in detention. Therefore, we will not agree with this kind of humiliation, we are ready to die together with our brothers and we would never concede to non-belief in Allah," he said.

Asked why he would not surrender to the authorities given the number of deaths on the side of his group, Yusuf said, "I will not give myself up, if Allah wishes, they will arrest me, if Allah does not wish, they will never arrest me. But I will never give up myself, not after 37 of my followers are killed in Bauchi. Is it right to kill them, is it right to shoot human beings? To surrender myself means what they did is right. Therefore, we are ready to fight to die."

He added: "The end of this crisis is, Kafirci and the kind of harassment my people are facing must stop. Democracy and the current system of education must be changed otherwise this war that is yet to start would continue for long."

Reminded that even during the time of the Prophet of Islam, Muslims and non-Muslims co-existed peacefully, he said, "Kafirci was never imposed on the Prophet, he came and met it and gradually turned it into an Islamic state but our land was an Islamic state (Borno) before the colonial masters turned it to a kafir land. The current system is contrary to true Islamic beliefs."

He added: "When they shot 18, they promised to do more and now you have over 70 that have received gunshots both dead and alive. Therefore, if we give ourselves up or they get us or me sure, they will kill me. We will not hear anyone. It is not with our strength that we will confront the authorities but with the help of Allah.

"What I want to tell the general public especially Muslims is, turn to Allah, pray and remain patient. Everyone must worship Him, this is the promise the Prophet undertook on our behalf before coming to this earth. We don't have any quarrel with the public, only the authorities, unless the general public supports the authorities."

[End article.]

28 July 2009
JIHAD IN NIGERIA: Reports that Boko Haram sect entered cross-border / Intelligence indicates new attacks may be pending
Pine River World News / IntelTrends
July 28, 2009

The current unrest in Nigeria's northern states continues as Islamist Boko Haram sect members, led by Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf, are reported to be regrouping for additional attacks.

Keeping tabs on the Nigerian press this morning I note Daily Sun correspondent, Molly Kilete in Abuja, reports "The sect members who were said to have gained access to Borno State from a neighbouring country some few months ago, were first spotted by men of the Multi National Joint Task Force, who Daily Sun gathered had been keeping a close watch on them."

Which neighboring country? The article doesn't say. Maiduguri, the scene of the initial attack, is located in the northeast of the country in close proximity to Chad, Niger and Cameroon. The Chadian capital, N'Djamena, is not far from the border and has been the scene of domestic rebel assaults. However, it is unknown if this is the country referred to.

Despite widespread property damage the Daily Trust, Abuja, reports that "The Ibn Taimiyya mosque and residence of Ustaz Muhammad Yusuf, leader of the sect, was intact as at 4pm yesterday." By the way, for my non-Muslim readers Ibn Taimiyya (1263-1328), for whom the mosque is named, was a dedicated Islamic fundamentalist on whom Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (i.e. Wahhabi sect) based his philosophy.

The following article, which I am reproducing as it does not appear to have a permalink associated with it, is from the Nigerian Tribune and states that the initial attack on Maiduguri was launched by "thousands" of Boko Haram followers - which would explain the high casualty figures but still allow for the remainder to regroup. The Tribune reporters write that "The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Christopher Dega, when contacted for his comments, said he could not address the press for now. He only said that intelligence report revealed that members of the sect were regrouping for another attack on the state."

Full text article appears below. (My further comments follow.)

Hundreds killed in Maiduguri, Kano, Yobe, Bauchi - As religious crisis spreads - 50 Talibans, 5 policemen also slain, IG claims - Security beefed up in Jos, Gombe
© Nigerian Tribune
By James Bwala,Kola Oyelere and Okey Muogbo
July 28, 2009

THE religious crisis that sparked off in Bauchi State on Sunday, spread to some other northern states on Monday with a number of lives, running into hundreds, lost in Borno, Kano and Yobe states.

Mayhem was unleashed in Maiduguri, Borno State, on Monday as an Islamic sect and security operatives clashed, leading to the killing of about 102, including two pastors.

The Nigerian Tribune gathered that the Islamic sect led by one Mohammed Yusuf, had earlier stormed Maiduguri city in their thousands, destroying churches and attacking innocent people. In the process, two pastors were said to have been killed, while churches on Wulari Street except one were torched.

Policemen who were said to have been deployed in the area to maintain peace and order following the attack of the Islamic sect on the churches were attacked by the sect.

At the end of the exchange of fire between members of the sect and the Borno State Police Command, over 100 of them (members of the sect) were said to have been killed.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that on Sunday around 6.00 p.m., the leader of the Islamic sect, Yusuf, according to police security reports, had informed his members of a possible attack the following day.

It was gathered that the sect struck about midnight and burnt down Lamisila Police Station, during which about six policemen were killed.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Christopher Dega, when contacted for his comments, said he could not address the press for now.

He only said that intelligence report revealed that members of the sect were regrouping for another attack on the state.

Meanwhile, the state was in a confused situation, at the time of this report as people were seen taking their families out of their homes to police barracks for safety.

Business premises have been shut down, while police and military operatives have taken over Maiduguri streets.

But members of the sect were seen chanting "Allahu Akbar" - meaning "Allah is Great."

Also on Monday, some suspected Islamic militants, popularly called 'Boko' who are opposed to western education, attacked the Wudil Police station in Kano State and injured the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) CSP. Sagir Idris, and two police officers. The police killed three of the suspected militants and arrested 33 of them including three teenaged boys and one girl.

Also the policemen on surveillance duty at main entrance to Kano from Bauchi to Maiduguri arrested over 100 people in two trucks but it had not yet been ascertained whether they were members of the group.

Speaking with journalists on Monday in Kano, the state Police Commissioner, Ibrahim Mamman Chafe, explained that the suspected militants who unleashed terror on the divisional police station took away two AK-47 rifles belonging to the police after exchanging fire with the police.

The Public Relations Officer of the command, SP Baba Mohammed, who spoke on behalf of the CP stated that a team led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Lawal Tanko, had successfully arrested 33 members of the group, while the town of Wudil was now calm.

He disclosed that the DPO of Wudil town who was attacked by the sect, CSP Idris, had been admitted at the Dala Orthopedic Hospital for treatment of the injuries he sustained, while a mobile policeman was admitted at Nassarawa Hospital.

According to him, the game plan of the militants in attacking the police station might have been to get guns which they would then use to carry out more nefarious activities.

The PPRO said security had been beefed up around the town and called on members of the public to report any suspicious people to the nearest police station.

He said: "the security has been beefed up in the town to ensure the peace and order," stressing that the militants came to Kano in their numbers, warned that the police would not relent in their efforts to crack down on criminals.

Speaking after being paraded at the police headquarters, one of the arrested Islamic militants, Mallam Abdulmuminu Ibrahim Muhammad, declared that "of course, I am a member of the group, and I do not believe in western education, it is against our practice."

"I have no regrets for being a member of the group. It is Jihad, Western education is bad practice."

Mallam Muhammed said that they operated an Islamic school at Panshekara with over 100 students who were all against western education, stating that "our aims is to ensure that western education is abolished within the society.

"There is no going back on our mission, they can arrest all of us and they can not kill all of us, that is what we believe and we are ready to fight against it."

However, a teenage girl, Aisha A. Abba, lamented her involvement. "It is my uncle that influenced and took me to the group, I don't know anything about militants, I am a student who is learning Qur'an and hadith, and I am not part of those who attacked the police station," she said.

Meanwhile, the acting Inspector General of Police, Ogbonnaya Onovo, said on Monday that five policemen and 50 suspected members of "a Taliban Group" were killed in the mayhem which occurred in Bauchi and Maiduguri at the weekend.

In his maiden news conference on Monday in Abuja, Onovo said that last week, suspected members of the group unleashed mayhem on the people of Bauchi and Maiduguri.

"What I have here now is that five policemen and 50 Taliban members were killed; one police station burnt and various uniforms and arms were recovered from the suspects.

"This is a fanatical, anti-government and anti-people organisation. We don't know what their aims are yet but we are out to identify and arrest their leaders.

"It is our duty to ensure that nobody unleashes mayhem on the public," he said.

Meanwhile, President Umaru Yar'Adua has ordered security agencies to take contain attacks on police posts and public buildings in states of the federation.

After being briefed, on Monday, by heads of security agencies on the crisis in parts of Bauchi, Borno, Kano and Yobe states, President Yar'Adua directed that no effort should be spared in identifying, arresting and prosecuting leaders and members of the sects alleged to have been involved in the attacks.

The president further directed that security be beefed up in all neighbouring states and also that security personnel be placed on alert to ensure that the attacks did not spread elsewhere.

A statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, said "President Yar'Adua regrets the unneccesary loss of lives occasioned by the unprovoked attacks on the police and other innocent Nigerians in the affected states."

[End article.]

Note that Mallam Abdulmuminu Ibrahim Muhammad, a captured Islamist, stated "I have no regrets for being a member of the group. It is Jihad, Western education is bad practice."

Presently the global media is treating the unrest as a largely localized (granted, over a sizeable area of northern and northeastern Nigeria) matter concerning Islamist objections to Western education - which is only one aspect of the problem, the other is the group's aim to impose sharia law throughout the whole of Nigeria. Should the current situation become publicized as "Jihad" then theoretically it opens the door for participation of foreign fighters. We already have at least one report (Daily Sun, above) that sect members entered cross-border.

The Nigerian military may succeed in restoring order in the immediate term. It is, however, the long-term security situation which is of increasing concern.

There is a possibility of future unrest in Lagos due to its sizeable Muslim population. While it is unlikely that Muslims will "travel North" to assist Boko Haram followers, fundamentalists in Lagos and other centers may take the opportunity to open a "southern front" advocating nationwide sharia or the advancement of an Islamic state of Nigeria.

See also:
Boko Haram sect leader Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf vows revenge, citing Daily Trust, Nigeria.

Profile: Boko Haram
Al Jazeera, 29, 2009

This report was amended after initial publication.

[End.]

This people are fighting that they dont want to go to school to learn simple A,B,C! Its times like this i miss Obasanjo because i know he would have wiped out their sect immediately! They are trying to give good Muslims a bad name and we should learn to separate rogues from Good citzens of the country despite our various religious affilations!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by EzeUche(m): 3:12am On Jul 30, 2009
I wish Biafra would have won the civil war.

This union we call Nigeria is a mess and it should have never been created.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 30, 2009
blkmum700:

there is no any perfect religion in the world today,Muslem and christian both have their problems,except if you dont live anywhere arround the world that you will not know the Jews kill innocent people in Gaza,the jews are christian so has the MEND Who kill innocent people in thier fight for justice,they are also many case of killing in US by christian.

So Willy-Willy and Orther should shut up,those fighting in the north are just illitrate,

There is a DIFFERENCE. Yes, Christians have killed people. Muslims have killed people. Jews have killed people. BUT, those were independent murders that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION.

When was the last time you heard in the past 50 years that a group of Christians got up and started killing everybody that they saw on the street that wasn't wearing a cross?

Yes, murders happen, but most are not for religious reasons. Just because SOME murderers happen to have been Christians does not make them "Christian killings"

These, on the other hand are "Muslim Killings" because this group of Muslims is killing people BECAUSE of their religion and for religious reasons.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nomswilli(m): 5:26am On Jul 30, 2009
I must tell U dat not all northerners ar muslim.Like in d kase of kaduna state where we havn dose frm southern kaduna as entirly christians e.g the deputy governor of kaduna,he's 4rm d southern part of d state.The thing is this; perpetrators of dis act hadly go 4 there daily prayers not 2 talk of reading and understanding d koran.I have livd all my life in the north and i must tell u guys dat majority of dis felaz are heartless.I wish nigeria as whole would just pray seriously for them 4 a bettr change of attitude. undecided

Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by okunoba(m): 5:45am On Jul 30, 2009
Winston Churchill On Islam

A quote from an 1899 book by Winston Churchill, "The River War", in which he describes Muslims he apparently observed during Kitchener's campaign in the Sudan

Winston Churchill On Islam

A quote from an 1899 book by Winston Churchill, "The River War", in which he describes Muslims he apparently observed during Kitchener's campaign in the Sudan

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.
Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die; but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by No2Atheism(m): 6:33am On Jul 30, 2009

you're wasting too much time and trying too hard to find "personalisation of issues" where there is none. I didnt respond to you based on your ID but based on the issues you raised which i had problems with . . . not with you as a person.

I am about to break my promise not to respond to you on this topic again, but i think the grounds for breaking such a promise is sensible, so here goes.

@davidylan

Frankly speaking, i could care less if u had issues with me  cool. However the point i am trying to raise has to do with the disinformation that you presented in the form of your rebuttal to my earlier posts on this thread. Nevertheless it would be good for you to Stop blowing hot and cold with your statements, considering that this is not the first time you would be making such statements laced more with personalised attacks (i notice this not just from the ones towards me but also towards others on this forum). Its easy to know this via your from your tone and choice of words. Your style of responses imply to me that u tend to find it difficult to dissociate the ID from the issue. This is not your first time and probably would not be the last based on my observation  undecided. Anyone who goes through your responses to my rebuttals on this thread would clearly see that what you claim to have said is completely different from what you are actually saying.

------------

I personally tend to do my best to avoid bickering and personalisation of discussions (both from people i know and those that i do not), but it seems your choice of words shows you are still struggling in that respect of dissociating issues from tissues. I frankly do not know u enough to raise personal issues with you, hence the reason why despite your innuendo laced responses (on this thread and on another which u know of), i have instead chosen to ignore instead rather focus on providing an straight and non-emotive answers to your questions.

You ought to have observed my pattern of discussion enough to know that i am not one thats not able to openly admit that i am wrong on a issue (I have done it several times on this forum and would continue to do cus i am not perfect). However in this particular case, your responses and conclusions are completely way off the mark to say the least (and that is not the first time from my observation of where u have taken issues with my own statements).

Before i proceed, lets try and clarify a little bit of ground work, since it seems u are not getting the full picture of where i am coming from on this issue of Boko Haram, Nigerian and how i ended up relating it to the Moors:

- Yes islam is evil and needs to be stopped.
- Yes Boko Haram are terrorists that need to be dealt with according to the law.
- Yes Boko Haram want to Islamise Nigeria.
- Yes Boko Haram claims that western education is evil.

I do not dispute the points above infact i support those points listed above.

However what i do not support and would not ascribe to is when a false historical generalisation based on wikipedia and/or eurocentric authors are made on issues that have to do with Black Africans, Muslims and Black African Muslims. Thus in as much as i want to reveal the truth about islam, I am not one to peddle half-truths about when and where Muslim Arabs and/or Black Muslims have contributed or have not contributed to the wealth of educational knowledge that we have today.

Hence the reason why i raised the point about the Moors so as to show to even Muslims on this thread that what Boko Haram is doing is not only stupid, wrong and flawed from a common sense perspective, but also that it is inaccurate from a muslim historical point of view. This i tried to show (before you interjected with your unfounded claim based on wikipedia ) by revealing to everyone on the thread that not only is it flawed to claim that the Wealth of Scientific knowledge is Western in nature, it is actually inaccurate from the historical point of view.

Infact opposing islam or opposing Boko Haram, does not imply that half-truths about history should be peddled in the name of opposition to islam (something which u clearly did, hence my responses to you). Even the Messiah himself gave unto Ceasare what belong to Ceasare. In this case, real history (not Eurocentric and whitewashed history) shows that for about 800years some Muslim Black Africans/Arabs generally called Moors brought over knowledge of science to Europe during the dark ages of Europe (hence the fundamental reason for which Europe was able to get out the dark ages). Infact the so called European Rennaisance is linked to the technological and scientific improvements brought to Europe by the muslims known as the Moors (infact the so called voyage of Christopher Columbus to discover America occurred a few years after the Moors had been driven from Europe - by the way it is patently false that Christopher Columbus discovered America considering that others had already been making the journey to and from America even before his time)

Europe and the Western World did not spontaneously become highly educated overnight, instead they go that education from somewhere. For the most part of modern Europe, they were feudal and theological in nature. Their significant change away from feudalism and theological education was mostly due to the 800year rule and influence of the Black African/Arab Muslims known as the Moors.

History shows that the bulk of our Scientific/Literary Information started mostly with the Egyptians, was improved upon by the Greeks, then by the Romans and then until it got into the hands of the Arabs (partly due to their invasion of Egypt around 639 AD), hence between that time and the time of the occupation of parts of Europe by the Moors (who were black muslims and arabs).

I decided to respond to your rebuttal because i notice that your responses were centered more on melodrama and wikipedia as a source, i would advise you to read and study the following books and also watch the accompanying videos, which would actually give you academic information related to the topic of Ancient History, Moors, African History, European History, their interaction and why it is that the wikipedia quotation is inherently flawed.

Dr. Joel Freeman/Don Griffin Return to Glory - The Truth About Black History/The Powerful Stirring of the Black Man (Video and Book)

Martin Bernal - Black Athena (Book).

Cheikh Anta Diop - The African Origin of Civilisation: Myth or Reality (Book).

George James - Stolen Legacy (Book).

John Henrik Clark/Dr. Martin Bernal versus Dr. Mary Lefkowitz/Dr. Guy McLean - Academic Debate on the Origins of Western Civilisation and a little bit of Black Athena (Video).

Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan - Dr. Ben in Kemet (Video).

Dr. Leonard Jefferies/John Henrik Clark/Dr. Martin Bernal/Dr. Yosef Ben-Jochannan/Dr. Ivan Van Sertima  - Christopher Columbus and Slavery (Video).

Basil Davidson - European Distortion of African History (Video)

Dr Chancellor Williams - The Destruction of Black Civilization.

Ivan Van Sertima - They Came Before Columbus (Video and Book),

Ivan Van Sertima - Africans in Science: Ancient and Modern (Video).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You asked the question about where the Moors are now, since i claim they were so educated. Unfortunately, i am not in a position to give you an answer to that question simply because i do not know and also i would not be able to back it up with academic references. However that which i know is that which i am informing you and others on this forum about. What i can inform you of is that:

- Some Moors were assimilated into the mainstream of white population of Europe. Hence why you have some important white families in Europe having family names and history traced back to the Moors e.g. the occurence of European family names such as Moore.
- Some Moors were driven back into Africa.
- Some Moors went over to the New World (i.e. America).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@topic

I for one have always said that Africa and Africans would not know peace until national borders are erased and new borders are demarcated based on either ethnicity or based on mutual agreement to actually come together to form a country.

Africa was balkanised by Europeans for their own selfish reasons and we are still suffering because of that action till now.

The issue of islamisation of nigeria is inherently flawed because it would most certainly lead to bloodshed on either sides, hence the best solution is that Nigeria should split up into regions that handle their own affairs independently so such that the country known as Nigeria would cease to exist.

Even if Boko Haram is suppressed and dealt with, the unfortunate truth is that another version of Boko Haram would still spring up, simply because islam makes it very easy for such things to happen because there is a lot of justification for such an action and line of thinking within Islam itself.

Lets just hope, too much blood is not shed until Nigeria and Africa actually decides to do the right and correct thing of redrawing of nation states based on mutual agreement and mutual culture.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by fayahsoul: 7:17am On Jul 30, 2009
Very good let these islamic imperalistic bufoons intensify their agitation, at least this will compel the south west to drop the cameleon tactics and cooperate with the s/s/ and s/e in their fight for sovereignty.

I personally believe in a theocratic-democracy that is not expansionary or imperialist and is implemented with the total consent of the subjects. The muslim north had better restrict their arabization and islamization in the arid desert of the north.

Biafrans are ever ready for dem jihadists. Come and get us.

Buru ubanka!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by silentc(m): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2009
I personally have no bias (negative or positive) to religion or Islam. Firstly let us understand that religion is a means of hope for many people who are poor. Most times, poor people are not educated in anyway.

If you look at a poor Christian, he goes to church fanatically, hoping God will change his plight in life. Christianity and many other religions (Judaism etc) as a religion and in it teaching ,makings and dynamics does not allow for misinterpretation within the uneducated mindset that might have negative mindset/outcome.

Islam on the other hand does this. I don't think Islam is bad, its teaching aren't. Islam in the head of an uneducated young man is bad as its teachings can be misconstrued to allow for negative actions (attacking, believing its view is the only one out there etc).

Many Islamic issues or groups having a negative impact in our world always have a leader (Osama,, the leader of Boko Haram etc). These people are always well educated and know better. But they have a personal agenda they are looking to drive and are happy to use Islam and its uneducated followers to achieve this.

I have never seen an educated Muslim burning cars, houses and being involved in vilolence, from Nigeria to Pakistan, this I have never seen. They are all uneducated, poor people who hold onto their religion (Islam) and take its teaching without any thoughts or underlying understanding. My point is that the teachings of Islam has the highest chance of its followers misunderstanding and misconstrueing it to take actions like we are seeing in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by RichyBlacK(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2009
Extremists in Islam are either crassly ignorant or insanely arrogant for them to think that in the 21st century, a sane world will tolerate the forceful expansion of barbaric beliefs!

The history of man points to one clear direction - increasing knowledge! This alone accounts for the fact that so many foolish beliefs of yore have been abandoned and replaced with clear scientific reasoning.

Six hundred years ago, Europe was a huge slaughter house, where death and all manner of macabre practices were worshiped! Public execution of deviants by disembowelment, impalement, stoning, burning and dismemberment was commonplace, regular and encouraged. Today, the death penalty is abolished in nearly all of Europe. Even Turkey - land of the Ottomans, experts in the fine art of decapitation - has abolished that most barbaric of all forms of punishment!

Five hundred years ago, war was war, no prisoners of war, no Geneva Convention, no nothing! Today, there rules for warfare!!! (Except in intensively ignorant spots on the earth)

Four hundred years ago, slavery was "good business" and had the backing of religion! Today, only the demons amongst men support slavery!

Only a fool will think that any religion will forcefully take man back to those dirty, ugly centuries of brutish existence!

The tide of history is very strong! And any religion that as much as attempts to stop this tide will simply cease to exist!

Extremist Christians tried for a thousand years to maintain and uphold barbarism, but failed! They had kings, queens and popes, but still failed to hold back man's drive to push for a less barbaric society!

Today, extremist Muslims, with weak kings, no queens, weak Ayatollahs and even weaker Muftis want to push us back to barbarism? Only two options exist - either they cease to exist or their religion ceases to exist!!!

The goal of civilization is to abandon the ignorance verily enshrined in all incarnations of barbarism!

May the light of knowledge obliterate the darkness of ignorance!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Naturez(m): 9:07am On Jul 30, 2009
What we need in Nigeria is just for everybody to go their own way i.e. Northerners away and Southerners away. Simple!!!
Every part will know its worth and capability. If you want to fight then,you are free to kill yah fellas.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by diehard1: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2009
What is wrong with these lunatics? Islam is a religion of peace and you always talk of jihad. "Force people to join your religion? is this not madness? I would rather go to my village and start worshipping idols, infact i go carve correct one than join islam. I think the other name of islam should be wickedness. You will not understand this till you find yourself stuck in the north during religious riout. Your friend will be the one to kill you because you r an infidel, their is nothing like love for anyone that does not belive in their message. Well they have started using their maddness against their people too. I salute una well well. Idoits angry angry
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by thetruth90: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2009
diehard1:

What is wrong with these lunatics? Islam is a religion of peace and you always talk of jihad. "Force people to join your religion? is this not madness? I would rather go to my village and start worshipping idols, infact i go carve correct one than join islam. I think the other name of islam should be wickedness. You will not understand this till you find yourself stuck in the north during religious riout. Your friend will be the one to kill you because you r an infidel, their is nothing like love for anyone that does not belive in their message. Well they have started using their maddness against their people too. I salute una well well. Idoits angry angry

yes. thats the good part of it. but the fear is that as soon as possible for them their animal instincts would be directed to southerners. for now, i enjoy how they massacre one another.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by smooooooth: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2009
Britain should be held responsible for all the problems we have experienced in this country, and they should be taken to the ICJ. what were they thinking when they brought people with different, culture, religion, and ideology together to form one nation. they are bastards!!! and i pray for every blood that have been spilled in this nation, as a result of their action, they will reap 2x of it in britain.

As for the Nigerian military, i am so embarrased for them. recent crisis have shown how weak they are, they couldnt curtail the niger delta militants,
and now 3 whole days and they are yet to silence a bunch of dumb unintelligent boko haram idiots! i think they better take extreme measures to save their face. bomb the entire states of maiduguri, yobe, kano, sokoto, bauchi,taraba,jigawa, katsina, zamfara, gombe, or the Fg should give these states to the Chad/Niger republics, we really dont need them. wonder why we'll freely give a rich oil area like bakassi, and be fighting to keep these states that can only produce morons and Giant Flies!!!!. angry
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Oluschenco(m): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2009
If Islam is truly a religion of peace, is this happenings one of the characteristics of peace?

The leaders of Islam should find something to do about killings here are there, those affected at Plateau State are still counting their ordeals.

This is not an example of a peaceful religion, its hooliganism in nature.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by sowura(m): 10:06am On Jul 30, 2009
i am sooooo sad that it has all come to this!!!!! I understand the anger of all the non muslim posters even if it is painful that they use all those words, i mean though i am a muslim i am seriously angered at the actions of these extremists. But i wolud like also to say that there are good muslims who prefer to coexist peacefully with everyone. However as long as there are parts of this country that are pre-dominantly muslim, the issue of islamisation will always come up. i dare say that if all the oil wealth in Nigeria was owned by the muslim north, Nigeria would have ceased to be a nation a long tym ago, the only thing keeping us together is the oil wealth that the northern elite profit from, as a yoruba muslim who has lived in the north all his life, i have been a first hand witness to excesses by some muslims even the very educated ones, i also have an insight into their personality as it relates to the religion. they will never be satisfied with having a southerner and a christian rule them even if it is rotational, they just tolerate it because the elites have so much influence on the way they think and act for now.
secondly, the war against western education is not a war against christians perse, although i concede that ultimately it is christians that personify western education in the minds of these people. the war is a war of civilisations, most of the tym America is targeted but we all know that a lot of Americans cant even be said to be christians (i stand to be corrected please) , it is said that islam is a way of life which has prescribed everything a human being needs to leave a quality life, therefore, they reason that being forced to leave as prescribed by the westerners is an attempt to dominate and obliterate their own civilisation.
armed with the above reasoning i have always been a supporter of not a one Nigeria but a well divided nigeria with the Hausa muslims free to have their own state and all. Besides i think they are the ones majorly responsible for the lack of progress in Nigeria, they rely a lot on the government for income and they are a very corrupt set of people who will think nothing of cleaning up the government coffers. so i say lets divide up this unworkable country and make progress, who knows maybe a true GIANT of Africa will emerge amongst us.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by otokx(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2009
and the violence continues - i hear OYO is the next point of call.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by texazzpete(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2009
silentc:

I have never seen an educated Muslim burning cars, houses and being involved in vilolence, from Nigeria to Pakistan, this I have never seen. They are all uneducated, poor people who hold onto their religion (Islam) and take its teaching without any thoughts or underlying understanding. My point is that the teachings of Islam has the highest chance of its followers misunderstanding and misconstrueing it to take actions like we are seeing in Northern Nigeria.

Al Zawahiri, the second in command of Al Qaeda is very well educated. Osama bin laden is pretty well educated too. Many of the top elite in Al Qaeda have received formal education. Your assumption does not hold water in this regard.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2009
otokx:

Your wish! grin

Really it 's sad that we share the same country with some really insane goats.

I was born into a muslim family, learnt a bit of the quran, but my personal inner beliefs deeply runs contrary to the real teachings of the religion, hence had no choice but to turn my back on it.

Islam, religion of peace?, hell! no!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Saintb: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2009
when i see a muslem i always feel very unsafe.  let me tell you guys the truth, those people are not human.

their thinking and way of doing things are purely animallistic.

i copire their brain with that of chicken
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by presido1: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2009
otokx:

Source pls. Is the killing still going on?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by BSH(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2009
Saviour! Where art thou? sad
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Jimi90: 10:47am On Jul 30, 2009
Dear colleagues, friends and brothers,
I hope you are all fine and OK.
I watched on the news and learnt about the violence in the North of Nigeria. I am so sorry for that and hope you are all OK and your beloved friends and family.
I pray for Almighty Allah (God) to safe the Great Nation and Great People of Nigeria.
I will be looking forward to hear from all of you.
Best regards,

Jamal Ahmed Karrar
AU
Addis Ababa
ETHIOPIA
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2009
Saintb: As much as I have watched and read the entire opion-swollen 7 page blog in sullen silence, reading most of the shallow minded views, I think it wouldnt be fair if I dont really help expand your constrained logic and mind a little.
First, when did the Nigerian Police becomes the beacon of Truth? Like anyone here who isnt a Police ever liked or respected any of them?
Most of the information in Punch, Guardian and every other major presses are sic "Quoted", by members of the affected and aggrieved Nigerian Police Forces, and supposedly heard from some annonymous or dead mallams. The police are never a friend of the Nigerian Media, and the fact that they are eager to co-operate with them shows a clear hidden motive.
The attack on the prison was based on unaired reports that some members of the moslem movement trying to form a political caucus to counter the incumbents within the states affected are unrightfully arrested (thank God to us: all you need to call someone a terrorist is his moslem roots nowadays). Even, the kidnappers, lotters, and thugs in the Niger Delta creek could find pity, so far they are not moslems.

Secondly, calling moslems terrorists actually brings to mind a big historical question of the crusade? Did you ever study history to that extent? How the christians back then wantomly killed millions of moslems, and rapped and pillaged? And, the pilot who dropped the nuclear bomb in Nagasaki and Hiroshima isnt a moslem. His christian roots are as strong as the pope's, and the united state president back then, who gave him the nod wasn't a sheikh from the middle east. How many were killed? And why? For what reason?

The fact most Nigerians are very religious, yet, soullessly corrupt, and inimical doesnt make christianity or christians the scum of the earth. Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Kuwait, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cyprus, are countries where millions of Nigerians visit every year and would gladly run to from time to time for business, construction studies, economical insights and pleasure are moslem countries. These countries have the same natural resources we have (Petroleum, Palm Oil, Gas, etc), yet they have managed to move ahead at economically light-speed than we can ever imagine in the next 20 years. And these are countries with diverse ethinic groups, and a population of Moslems been 95% to their 5% Christians. Are the christians victimized. Are they occasionally attacked or economically abused like the Moslems in the United States, Canada, Australia, Italy, Spain, France or Europe are treated? Or subjected to the ignorant and thin-skinned paraonia the average Nigerian Christians wear around?

An educated moslem doesn't think bizzarely. And so does a well-educated Christian, with an open mind.
Every religion seeks to transform individuals. And not individuals choose to be transformed.
We should blame illiteracy, ignorance and the same type of bigotry flagrantly displayed by the like of SaintB, and the smart anti-moslem experts. Such characters like these are much more rampart in any part of the country or the world with incessant strifes and crisis. To bring an end to this, starts from the buttom up, and likewise. Every single individual is the collective change the world needs.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by chidichris(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2009
the nigerian govt is muslim, the north is muslim and the militants are muslim, the nigerian military is muslim hence the war is a good one.
at least we will see how the military muslims deal with civilian radical muslims.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by emiemi(f): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2009
if wishes were horses,

There is so much hate and bickerings on this thread, you can touch it.

Does the solution to the problem as posted in this thread lie in the attack
of persons expressing their views (right or wrong).

Common guys!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by proudly9ja(m): 11:55am On Jul 30, 2009
I saw this pic on www.sunnewsonline.com and Im wondering if there's a war going on in Nigeria that I know nothing about?

Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by slimfine(f): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2009
Islam is pure EVIL, And nope am not going by what Muslims do because by that criteria, Christians would be worse than muslims.

My conclusion is based on reading the Quran. Its full of vile hatred, violence and intolerance. Subjects such as Apostasy how does that justify tolerance.

Encouragement of retaliation, killing those that oppose islam its just too violent for a civilized world.

And before MUSLIMS attack me, first deny that such issues I mentioned above are not propagated in the Quran
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2009
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Ibime(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2009
Boko-Haram are misguided in blaming Western Education as the source of corruption, but let us not forget that their message has been misconstrued in the press. Their overriding message is one of anti-corruption, an ideal we all strive for, although they are brainwashed into seeking their historical and traditional way of life as a means to ending corruption.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by proudly9ja(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2009
Its only cowards and people with small brains who will reduce what is happening in Borno, Bauchi, Kano, etc to ethnic or religious issues. I am even more concerned and surprised at Christians who immediately turn on their muslim 'brothers' and 'sisters' over this issue. I mean, is that what the Bible teaches? to judge other people and hate or spite them?

The rubbish currently going on in Nigeria is criminal and has nothing to do with religion. In any way, it is fanatism and fanatism in any way, whether from Christian or Islamic point of view is criminal! I am glad everyone has come out to condemn it. Even muslim leaders, yes, Muslim leaders have condemned it. Below is the statement by the state Chairman, Muslim Council of Nigeria, Alhaji Inuwa Jauro Manu Mafindi. He was speaking about the Taliban training school discovered somewhere in Jalingo.

“When the school was established, we thought the man had come with good intentions to preach peace and teach according to the word of Prophet Mohammed but to our surprise, we noticed a different thing from children sent to the school. To me, what is happening in Maiduguri and other parts of northern Nigeria is unislamic. Therefore, I am appealing to government, especially the Ministry of Education to make sure that any school established in the state gets approval from the ministry”

We must all rise up and condemn it and not throw insults at each other as if our own ways are pure.

btw, I am a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kill 13 Persons In Borno / Court Nullifies The Election Of Musa Arogundade, Ekiti PDP Lawmaker / David Oloyelogun Emerges New Speaker Of Ondo House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.