Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News (13889 Views)

Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / Nigerians Blast Saraki For 'lying' That He Was Not Stoned - PM News / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by onyengbu1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2009
laugh off ur ass, is that not what u used to do?

what happened?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by PapaBrowne(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2009
This page is awash with Kobo's Litany of double standards!!

@topic
Maybe this will finally lead us to the much desired disintegration of Nigeria into different federating units (peacefully I hope).
It will be kool for them(Boko Haram , Yar Adua, Rilwanu Lukman and the likes) to carve their own country out of those 12 Sharia states.
We welcome all those Northerners(Muslims and Christains) who dislike Sharia to move down to any of the new Southern Countries either in the South West or in the South South/South East.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by asha80(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2009
Bia e nyo puola kobo cheesy ?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by cold(m): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2009
PapaBrowne:

@topic
Maybe this will finally lead us to the much desired disintegration of Nigeria into different federating units (peacefully I hope).
It will be kool for them(Boko Haram , Yar Adua, Rilwanu Lukman and the likes) to carve their own country out of those 12 Sharia states.
We welcome all those Northerners(Muslims and Christains) who dislike Sharia to move down to any of the new Southern Countries either in the South West or in the South South/South East.

I concur intoto!I truly can't fathom why these terrorists who are not fit to live in the comity of decent persons insist on being "a dog in a manger".They detest progress and won't let others progress,ah ah,This thing tire me oh! these group of people are-and i choose my words carefully-utterly despicable.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Ibime(m): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2009
asha 80:

The attacks are against the police and whom they feel are agents of government.It was not targetted against southerners(not yet)

Keep saying NOT YET. . . . . they have already burned a handful of churches and you are saying not yet. . . . our brothers in the North better strap-up.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Ibime(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2009
presido1:

You noticed late. The guy/gyl no need to be replied.

Kobojunkie is the most inane of human creatures on NL. Like you rightly said, it doesnt need to be validated by responding to its incoherent and lazy opinions. This is someone whose thought process is twisted out of all human form.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by bombay: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2009
We should help them teach them how to use bombs so that they can win easy for everyone hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2009
theyd better not come to the south with that bullshit, else Nigeria will cease to be one country. I will personally join the war.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by thetruth90: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2009
right from day one when the walking corpse called Yar'adua was sworn in as nigerian president, i knew this cursed nation was heading for doom. he should please heed to the call of these islamic extremists cum animals called muslims and make nigeria an islamic state. it is then the south can really show him no ethnic tribe has a monopoly of violence.

it is not a suprise why the capital of Pakistan is aptly named Islama[b]bad[/b]. it might mean abode of peace in Arabic but i know it means islam is bad. bunch of animals called muslims.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2009
[b]Boko[/b]junkie has run away grin grin grin
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Jul 29, 2009
Adrenaline:

theyd better not come to the south with that bullshit, else Nigeria will cease to be one country. I will personally join the war.

EWhich war? Some southern states are already trying anyway they can to implement some form of religious rule and you siddon there dey talk?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2009
thetruth90:

it is not a suprise why the capital of Pakistan is aptly named Islama[b]bad[/b]. it might mean abode of peace in Arabic but i know it means islam is bad. bunch of animals called muslims.

That is some funny shxt up there, you cracked me up.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by naijaking1: 3:38am On Jul 29, 2009
Ibime:

Keep saying NOT YET. . . . . they have already burned a handful of churches and you are saying not yet. . . . our brothers in the North better strap-up.
I know it would ultimately get to burning churches and killing christians. Once again, i ask why do christians always turn the next cheek
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by muhsin(m): 11:21am On Jul 29, 2009
thetruth90:

What a crap? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by mayrho(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2009
This is outright stupidity why should anybody be forced to a particular form of worship. I am filled with fury for these so called Islamist but, I still feel its just a hand full of them that are stupid to carry out such actions.
Muslims u need to rid these guys out
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nezan(m): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2009
A religion of piss indeed
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by real4life: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2009
First of all, the pious muslims should remember that they have a duty to respond promptly and strongly to these kind of events to protect themselves from being accused of silent complicity. I wish to vehemently condemn the Boko Haram sect and tell the whole world that they do not represent Islam in anyway whatsoever.

Secondly, from the comments i have read on this forum, it is clear that most people hate muslims so much I find it hard to comprehend. But the truth of the matter is everyone knows that there are good muslims and bad muslims even if you wish to ignore the facts. Just like there are good non-muslims and bad non-muslims (unless killing and kidnapping of innocent people is acceptable to you).

The point I am trying to make is even though this forum encourages different points of view, it has surely brought out alot of black venom from the hearts of many that makes me wonder how anybody can live with so much hatred in their hearts. Moderation should always be applied in every circumstance.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by onyengbu1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2009
mikeansy:

[b]Boko[/b]junkie has run away  grin grin grin

im not sure about that. Where else can she go. Shes jobless.

real4life:

First of all, the pious muslims should remember that they have a duty to respond promptly and strongly to these kind of events to protect themselves from being accused of silent complicity. I wish to vehemently condemn the Boko Haram sect and tell the whole world that they do not represent Islam in anyway whatsoever.

Secondly, from the comments i have read on this forum, it is clear that most people hate muslims so much I find it hard to comprehend. But the truth of the matter is everyone knows that there are good muslims and bad muslims even if you wish to ignore the facts. Just like there are good non-muslims and bad non-muslims (unless killing and kidnapping of innocent people is acceptable to you).

The point I am trying to make is even though this forum encourages different points of view, it has surely brought out alot of black venom from the hearts of many that makes me wonder how anybody can live with so much hatred in their hearts. Moderation should always be applied in every circumstance.

Welcome to nairaland Politics Section. Just brace yourself for more venom.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2009
My advice to yaraDOA

send in the army and kill them. at least in BH's warped interpretation of the Quran - they are being sent to heaven, not so?

the JTFs failure in the niger delta is what is giving Boko Haram liver. DOA is bending over, offering amnesty etal - he had better do the right thin this time and stamp this thing out before it gets even bigger. Just as obj's failure to tackle the first kidnapping led to the rise of kidnapping as a major industry, a failure to nip this in the bud  will lead to the sort of sh1t going down in pakistan.

the danger is that sending the army represents a diff problem - if the army is anything other than northerners , it will degenerate into reprisals against southerners up north. if on the other hand, the army is made of northerners, they will be reluctant to turn on their kinsmen, unless of course the BH are foolish enough to kill some soldiers. then again, they prpabaly will.

this is actuially time for an obj type declaraion of martial law in the affected states.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by onyengbu1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2009
oyb:

My advice to yaraDOA

send in the army and kill them. at least in BH's warped interpretation of the Quran - they are being sent to heaven, not so?

I think the army is doing that as we speak.

Check out this link from BBC
Nigeria army fights Islamist sect - BBC
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2009
oyb:

My advice to yaraDOA

the JTFs failure in the niger delta is what is giving Boko Haram liver. DOA is bending over, offering amnesty etal - he had better do the right thin this time and stamp this thing out before it gets even bigger. Just as obj's failure to tackle the first kidnapping led to the rise of kidnapping as a major industry, a failure to nip this in the bud will lead to the sort of sh1t going down in pakistan.

the danger is that sending the army represents a diff problem - if the army is anything other than northerners , it will degenerate into reprisals against southerners up north. if on the other hand, the army is made of northerners, they will be reluctant to turn on their kinsmen, unless of course the BH are foolish enough to kill some soldiers. then again, they prpabaly will.

this is actuially time for an obj type declaraion of martial law in the affected states.

lol . . . . go in and kill them? In how many states? Do you follow the news on this at all? This has spread to at least 4 states. Are you saying that the Federal Government should send the army into all the states to kill them? And you think only when the army comprises of men from the south will it turn into a reprisal?
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by BlueMagic2(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2009
Can't wait to leave this God forsaken country!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Mavor: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
Make Nigeria break up into North and South jare, Me don tire for Hausa man. they are the reason this country is 50 years backward. Lets break up, then we'll know who is who. Shay dem want Total Islam.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2009
lol . . . . go in and kill them? In how many states?

you  know nigerians are cowards

the death of a few of these jihadists is all that is needed to get the rest back in line, imho

if that had been done at the first place, it would not have spread to the four states

if it is not done now, it may spread to the rest of the north

the failure of the JTF to contain mend, and theFG's  admissal of defeat (amnesty etal) is a guide post for anyone with antinationalist ambitions and designs.

the army comprises of men from the south will it turn into a reprisal

nairaland should have given you insights into the way Nigerians think. people will always bring tribal sentiments into everything. a force comprised of northerners at least is one measure by which that can be preempted
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by octar6: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2009
nice 1 wilywily.they northerners can smoke out them selves,no wahala. but they should just live our brothers from other tribes alone. abi watin u think? grin
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Kobojunkie: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2009
oyb:

you  know nigerians are cowards
the death of a few of these jihadists is all that is needed to get the rest back in line, imho
But even you will agree that that “COWARD” label applies more to Nigerians from the south than it does those in the north, considering the number of them that have risen and been put down in recent years. I am certain of the fact that these men knew for sure that there was the chance of death before they started this recent issue back on Friday. And those who rose up in neighboring states did so after hearing of deaths of their own in other harems. I am not sure the coward flag should be used as reason not to be wary of this group, even though they are Nigerians.

oyb:

if that had been done at the first place, it would not have spread to the four states
if it is not done now, it may spread to the rest of the north
the failure of the JTF to contain mend, and theFG's  admissal of defeat (amnesty etal) is a guide post for anyone with antinationalist ambitions and designs.

Even with the killings, the violence spread. I am not sure killing them this way will “MAKE THEM GO AWAY”. And mind you, these people are watching, as you mentioned the MEND case. They see the same FG making deals with MEND, why then do you think they will back down when they know now that if they push harder, they might get some compromise package as MEND may get from the same FG?

oyb:
nairaland should have given you insights into the way Nigerians think. people will always bring tribal sentiments into everything. a force comprised of northerners at least is one measure by which that can be preempted
I always expect that but I continue to hope that one day, people will step out and away from the HATE for other RELIGIONS AND TRIBES and actually focus on the main problems as we really should and maybe then, we can actually apply the solutions which remain common sense solutions to our many problems in that country.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Pataki: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2009
Kobojunkie with her warped-up silly posting again! I have stopped regarding most of her post as sensible. Forever thinking with her ass.

@ Topic,
Is it not ironical that you would not find the Islamic bigots on this forum on this thread to condemn the actions of their fellow brethren? Sometimes, I tell myself, Nigeria does not deserve to be called a country!
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2009
AM A CHRISTIAN.

I DONT SEEN WHY EDUCATION IS A EVIL ( Yar’adua himself is educated ) so why is it evil.

I dont seem to see anything they are fighting for

They want to be like Saudi Arabia or what, Please tell me

NAIJA NA MY PAPA LAND NO BODY CAN CALL Black for me White,

PLEASE ASA OR WHAT YOU CALL YOURSELF IF YOU NO GO SCHOOL YOU GO FIT THEY COMMENT ON THIS FORUM

NA ARABIC THEM THEY TYPE HERE

OR PLEASE TELL ME

NA ARABIC DEM US DO COMPUTER WEY YOU DEY USE

i'm really piss off by this nonsense

PLEASE I DON TIRE
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by FBS: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2009
Round and round we go. It has been said that Nigeria was not meant to be a country. A fatal error and a time bomb waiting to explode.
Dear Lord Help us.
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Abuzola(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2009
smiley
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2009
Nigeria army fights Islamist sect

President Yar'Adua said 'a potentially dangerous problem' had been tackled
Heavy fighting continued overnight between the Nigerian military and members of a radical Islamist sect in the northern town of Maiduguri.

Gunshots could still be heard in the morning as troops searched areas near the home of sect leader Mohammed Yusuf in the capital of Borno state.

At least 150 people in northern Nigeria have been killed in the last four days.

The sect, known as Boko Haram, is blamed for launching attacks on police stations and government buildings.

On Tuesday the army shelled Mohammed Yusuf's compound, and exchanged heavy gunfire with militants through the night.

President Umaru Yar'Adua said the army had acted to nip a potentially dangerous problem in the bud.

Nigeria's security services have been flooding into Maiduguri, the city worst affected by the violence, the BBC's Caroline Duffield reports.

Maj Gen Saleh Maina told the Associated Press news agency that troops were hunting for sect members in homes and a mosque and near the railway station. He said the operation was being carried out "to prevent further loss of lives and property".

Civilians were warned to vacate the district but on Wednesday morning women and children were still leaving the area.

Four states in northern Nigeria have been affected by the violence involving Boko Haram - Borno, Bauchi, Kano and Yobe.

The group is alleged to have shot dead or stabbed civilians at random but many of those killed are young men said to belong to the sect.

Boko Haram is against Western education. It believes Nigeria's government is being corrupted by Western ideas and wants to see Islamic law imposed across Nigeria.

Throughout the night, gunshots could be heard from the Doidamgari area of Maiduguri, where Mohammed Yusuf's home is situated and the Boko Haram has its spiritual headquarters.

Offices and buildings were razed in the violence
President Umaru Yar'Adua ordered Nigeria's national security agencies to take all necessary action to contain and repel attacks by the extremists.

"These people have been organising, penetrating our societies, procuring arms, learning how to make explosives and bombs to disturb the peace and force abuse on the rest of Nigerians," he said before departing on a trip to Brazil.

Maiduguri police said 103 had died in the violence in the city, including 90 members of Boko Haram, eight police officers, three prison officials and two soldiers.

The aftermath of gun battles with the militants

Outside Maiduguri, there is a heightened state of alert across the northern states.

In Bauchi, scene of the first bloodshed on Sunday, 176 people remain under arrest.

At least 39 people were killed in the violence in Bauchi.

Sharia law is in place across northern Nigeria, but there is no history of al-Qaeda-linked violence in the country.

The country's 150 million people are split almost equally between Muslims in the north and Christians in the south

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8173717.stm

Yaradua just makes me laugh.
A riot that has taken over 150 lives is being nipped in the bud.  shocked shocked
What is a Potentially dangerous situation to him?? if this is not one yet??
Like my mum said Yaradua is worse than OBJ, we should have allowed a 3rd term
Re: Islamists To Yar’adua: We Want Total Islam - PM News by freeze1982: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2009
na wan,my respect 4 islam has depreciated 2 0%.
killing ur own broda and u say na good thing angry
infact islam is no religion tongue stupid religion
God punish them.if they want war christain kill all
of them.stupid ppl.nonsense islam na shit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obi Promises N5m For Information On Bodies In Ezu River / Fashola Not The Best Governor –PDP / Atiku Awards Scholarships To Slain Soldiers’ Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.