Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (35647 Views)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Is Grace A License To Sin? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by horlumiday(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

This guy needs help... shooo.. You need JESUS.... like seriously
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

No dear, God didn't dig a hole for us to fall into.
The sin of Adam is still seen in us individually today.
CHOICE. The choices we are making today. Are those choices in line with what God instructed?
We should not always look at the finished product of a thing, look at the process sometimes.
Let me ask you, would u have liked if you were created a robot? Do as u r programmed. No questions asked? But God needed a family, a relationship. He couldn't have a relationship with Robots, that's why u are human with the power to choose. But most of us, just like Adam chose to be God to ourselves.
There's the issue of choice, Obidience and control.
Have you asked yourself the origin of atheism? Adam originated atheism. He wanted to be God for himself. So pls...

this makes better sense but it's still not valid.
God being all-knowing would have known they will fail
so why go ahead and test or check someone with something you know he/she would fail?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Kennedyiheme: 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

But in the beginning, God met darkness. I thought darkness was the absence of light.
now that the light is shining bright this afternoon, go outside with a candle or torch, put in on and see if there's any effect....but when it is dark, d torch shines so bright....its an irony. As much as people don't want death....people have to die so there won't be over population, the casket maker has a family to feed, people have to die so they can feed there children and send em to school...it sounds weird I know. Life and death are like family....

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by kaylivin(m): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
the ways of God cannot be comprehended by mere mortals.
acfording to the bible:
-God deliberately hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he would not listen to Moses
-God put lying tongues in the mouth of fake prophets
-God destined Judas to betray Jesus....

in each of these three it would be wise to assume that they were all doing according to God's will...

whether or not they r guilty should not be a subject of matter for us.

thats why I said some questions are better left unanswered!
u r simply saying God knows who will obey him or disobey and its a script ,, then the script of where u would spend enternity is already writen ... So why r u wasting ur time , if u wud go to heaven u wud ,, if u won't no matter how hard u try u won't.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
now that the light is shining bright this afternoon, go outside with a candle or torch
Na wa... shocked
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
God said everything he created was good so he had no reason to be pessimistic or use his foreknowledge power to peer into what his perfect creature would do ahead of time. He was confident in them to do the right thing just same way he exercised confidence in imperfect human to do the right thing now. Don't forget he told Abraham now I know Gen 22:12. @Op Despite the fact that God create human perfect they still have to get guidance on daily basis from their maker just like the spirit creature do in heaven. Jeremiah 10:23 comes to mind. Have you ever asked that Adam is perfect does it mean he can jump down from a high cliff and not get hurt?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Kennedyiheme: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Na wa... shocked
a philosopher once said....anyone that hates evil is an enemy of good
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
a philosopher once said....anyone that hates evil is an enemy of good
What is evil? And what is good? Is all evil evil? Is all good good? Is death good? Is life evil?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by marlvis(f): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

lord have mercy on ya son for he knows not what he is doing..
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
There was no such tree, and there was no Adam. It's stories.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
kindworld:
Atheists, Muslims and all sort of persons are commenting on this post about Bible and Christians, if it's a Muslim post they will first initiate you before u can contribute.

@Op the Bible said God can't tempt anyone, so placing that particular tree wasn't to tempt them or make them fall.
Again it was the devil that influenced their fall so by disobeying God was not in any way God's fault.
(clearly the desire to take from the tree means they aren't obedient)
They were created perfect so what else are they looking for?

my question is did God know they will fail?if yes then why did he test them cause God is all-knowing
if No then it negates against the Bible that says God is all-knowing.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
Why I believe the biblical stories are lies;

1. God knows all things and even the future. So he knew before hand that Satan will fall and Adam and Eve will eat the forbidden fruit. So why create Satan and why plant the fruit?

2. God so love the world that He gave His son to the world to die. So why did Jesus weep in the garden and why is Judas Iscariot not a saint for helping to make the salvation of the world possible?

Let me stop and wait for the bashings before I continue.

exactly my point....
this is brilliant from you
Am a Christian but I want to know.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Gabriel6(m): 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
Btruth:
.....hummmm! in other words, it's "que sera sera" what will be, will be. A bi?
just sighted a broda rugged u
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Kennedyiheme: 3:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

What is evil? And what is good? Is all evil evil? Is all good good? Is death good? Is life evil?
there's a blance between positive and negative
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by dhesmond(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
God create the good tree and bad tree simply because he want man to choose whatever he want to do with his o her life.....#choice
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
there's a blance between positive and negative
Is there a balance? Or is it just us trying to make sense of abnormal?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by itstpia8: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
mediamataz:

my question is did God know they will fail?if yes then why did he test them cause God is all-knowing
if No then it negates against the Bible that says God is all-knowing.

Yes, God knew what would happen, hence he placed them in the garden to give them a chance.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Thank you my brother. You're a true Christian. Just believe the nonsense and don't question it. It isn't supposed to make sense..

send me #300k God said so,don't question it,its not supposed to make any sense.just send it to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
@mediamataz explain Genesis 22:12Then he said: “Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.”.…...............….... as regards to God is all knowing if you can.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
itstpia8:

Yes, God knew what would happen, hence he placed them in the garden to give them a chance.

A chance for what? to fail since he knew they would according to you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
achorladey:
@mediamataz explain Genesis 22:12Then he said: “Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.”.…...............….... as regards to God is all knowing if you can.

I want more enlightenment on the topic of our discussion that's why am asking all these questions,you that knows plz explain the Bible verse.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by itstpia8: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
mediamataz:

A chance for what? to fail since he knew they would according to you.

A chance to confront and limit the evil.

It might have been worse.If there were no tree and no garden, then no salvation.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Kennedyiheme: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Is there a balance? Or is it just us trying to make sense of abnormal?
wht I know is, there's a supreme being alrite, but africans don't understand how God works, we pray to God for riches and goodlife, europeans, americans understand God is only here for fellowship and worship. Why do you think we are where we are now, we keep praying for niigeria but these religious fanatics are still blinded by the fact that americans didn't pray there economy to be a blossom. They worked. My point is we should understand life and its essence....

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
mediamataz:

this makes better sense but it's still not valid.
God being all-knowing would have known they will fail
so why go ahead and test or check someone with something you know he/she would fail?
So you are saying man should not have any responsibilities? But I asked you a question. Would u have rather been a robot?
Adam was given a choice, you are today given a choice, it's either you make the right choice or keep saying God is all knowing so shouldn't give you a choice.
You are told everyday that Jesus is the way but you scorn it, when calamity strikes tomorrow you will blame God and say he is all-knowing so shouldn't have allowed the calamity?
Let me ask you sweetie. Is it possible to force a girl to love you? The answer is No. But can you force a girl to obey u? The answer is YES. Yahweh wants us to love him willingly. For you to do that you would have to choose. Take responsibility You have an option to choose him or reject him. Adam rejected him. The Atheists today rejects him. I hope you ve not?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
mediamataz:

your point is not valid my brother...as me why
WHY?
Am not a brother btw
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
Kennedyiheme:
wht I know is, there's a supreme being alrite, but africans don't understand how God works,
No one knows how God works. We progress by exploring and understanding nature, not making up unprovable nonsense in our head.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Michael820(m): 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Tjayjosh:
@Op. The bible says, God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Genesis 1:27-28 KJV). And then here God commanded the man saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: "But of the three of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:16-17). God gave man everything, and wanted something back in return. Let me brake this down. God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created
Adam and Eve to be free beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and
Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice. Hear this, the bible let us to know that God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. With all this power, knowledge and versatility that God posseses. He cannot control you or alter your freewill. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was a. symbol. God said, "if ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). That tree was the only way God could get love back from the man He loved and gave everything.
I like the way you presented the facts and the backings from the Bible,but I have one question, if Adam and Eve were told not to eat out of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil,could this mean they have no knowledge of good and bad prior to the eating of the fruit, which means they don't know what they are doing is wrong until after eating it? and if they don't know, could that be a sin or not? thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by uchwar1: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
ministeriallist:
The tree of life is different from the tree of knowledge of good n bad. The tree of life was meant to make Adam n Eve to live forever while the the tree of the knowledge of good n bad is to show their obedience to their creator as the one with the right to rule.
The tree is not the only one in the garden. There were many variety of trees good for food in the garden, so it was easy for them to have obeyed the law of their creator. The creator only want them to decide whether they want to obey Him n live or disobey n die.
nawao! U are only a believer. U were not there.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
stubbornman:
you be teacher
LOL. Am a christian.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

WHY?
Am not a brother btw

lol everyone on earth is your brother or sister we all came from Adam and Eve so if u dey think am anode way na u know except you fell from heaven btw
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
bxcode:
Profound analogy. God bless you with more wisdom.
God bless you sir.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by ElderLoLo: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
Thanks for the question. In my own opinion God wants his human to obey His word. Obedience to our creator with whole hearthedily. Secondly, Lucifer, devil the slanderal,Satan did not want the man to enjoy all things God created which were in care of man in the garden of eden.dont forget that lucifer was among the administrative of heaven then when God created man and immediately Lucifer had that God pronounced all things created shall be dominon by man that was the time Lucifer shows his jealous to man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.