Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (35649 Views)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Is Grace A License To Sin? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Xtanixlax(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=achorladey post=44578662]Did God Know That Adam and Eve Would Sin?
MANY people ask this question in all sincerity. When the issue of God’s permission of wickedness is raised, the sin of the first human pair in the garden of Eden quickly comes into focus. The thought that ‘God knows everything’ may easily lead some to the conclusion that God must have known beforehand that Adam and Eve would disobey him.
If God truly had foreknown that this perfect couple would sin, what would this imply? Such a notion would attribute many negative traits to God. He would seem to be unloving, unjust, and insincere. Some might label it cruel to expose the first humans to something that was foreknown to end badly. God might seem responsible for—or at least an accomplice to—all the badness and suffering that followed throughout history. To some, our Creator would even appear foolish.
So u expect me to read all dez?
abeg make una stop to the take things personal
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
@mediamataz now go back to my first post on the thread and get the answer to your questions. Pls read through thoroughly
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
prekumohtim:
Is just like you are asking why did God create anus if he didn't want man to become gay Or why did he create Bermuda triangle if he didn't want man to go there?

your question is not valid
gay,homosexuality,preversion and all other sins came about after man's eyes have been open after the fall of man.
"man didn't even know he was naked even after creation,in other words no knowledge of him/her having sexual organs"
after the fall he became awear of these things and sexual immorality latter started/began.
the root cause was the fall the after effect was,sexual immorality,if the root cause was not there the after effect won't surface.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
folks4luv:

I love ur illustration, really detailed, lemme just add this to it. aside from God wanting obedience, he created them a free will agent, so God gave dem d opportunity to choose, 'I lay before thee life and death, good and evil, blessings and curses'. God created man, but he wanted man to decide his own destiny, to choose who he will obey. God still do that today, he doesn't force his will enough, He wants us to love Him enough to Choose him though we have options.
Exactly my brother. What I find hard to understand is, why we make these choices but when the recompense comes we turn around and blame God.
Eg Hellfire. Hellfire was never meant for man. We are being told everyday the deeds that will lead to it, but instead of us making a choice against it, we keep plunging more and more into Hellfire movements. Then we sit back and call God wicked for creating Hellfire.
There's something about irresponsibility, we don't want the process, we want the finished product.
Actions have consequences.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by EdwardRandy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
Aizenosa:
The answer is in the new testament only those with eyes will understand and find it, moreover u need understanding of the Holy Spirit to understand it
Fool!!! Since u are filled with holy spirit and knw the answer why nt say it??... the way u christians dodge questions most times baffles me
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Benprak(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
God never intended man to sin by creating the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God put d tree there because man is a free moral agent,and u can say man has free will to choose if u don't give him a choice? Think about dat
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nusaf: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..hi

contributions are welcome
Blasphemy. Do u think is PMB u are talking about?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
@xlanixlax you must have read a chunk of that, the section highlighted is enough to answer the question
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by shine12: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
Because He (God) did not create Robots.He gave man (Human) the freewill to obey/disobey and choose between right and wrong.Had He created Robots there wouldn't be the tree of good and evil.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Tensionstar(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
d story is myth (d jews own accont of creation...lyk we have many acounts in africa)...we are to luk at d massage nt d story..d massage is dat God creatd man(humany).. man misbehavd and dats y man is in d situation he is today.... d Adam and Eve and snake and garden and tree tin (is myth) is d vehicle convying d message.......OP if understand dis dn ur questn is needless

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Xtanixlax(m): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Michael820:
I like the way you presented the facts and the backings from the Bible,but I have one question, if Adam and Eve were told not to eat out of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil,could this mean they have no knowledge of good and bad prior to the eating of the fruit, which means they don't know what they are doing is wrong until after eating it? and if they don't know, could that be a sin or not? thanks

Am not leaving this thread until someone ANSWERS this question. 9z question @Michael
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by stubbornman(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:
LOL. Am a christian.
nice one tho' ...keep the good work
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Dindondin(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
some questions are better left unanswered .
only the. cowardly ignorant ll say what you just typed.
An insightful answer is needed.
I refuse to be a half baked Christian.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

He's not a good role model either, He tells us to forgive our enemies and do good to those who think bad about us yet he has already judged and condemned the devil , why does He find it hard to forgive the devil ?. Do as I say not as I do

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Tensionstar(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
achorladey:
@mediamataz now go back to my first post on the thread and get the answer to your questions. Pls read through thoroughly
I went back to read it again,if I understand clearly God decided not to use his ability of "seeing" into the future as regards our topic of discussion,and sometimes he does make use of that ability.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by emilymilionair: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
God is a all knowing God, no one can question him.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by WaffenSS(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
ministeriallist:
The tree of life is different from the tree of knowledge of good n bad. The tree of life was meant to make Adam n Eve to live forever while the the tree of the knowledge of good n bad is to show their obedience to their creator as the one with the right to rule.
The tree is not the only one in the garden. There were many variety of trees good for food in the garden, so it was easy for them to have obeyed the law of their creator. The creator only want them to decide whether they want to obey Him n live or disobey n die.

But why did he make them with the ability to choose? Why isn't their default setting simply "always obey" ?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
Xtanixlax:

Am not leaving this thread until someone ANSWERS this question. 9z question @Michael

ignorance of a law does not exempt you from its consequences.
however Adam and Eve were not ignorant cause they were warned and even giving the consequences.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Tensionstar(m): 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Xtanixlax:
Am not leaving this thread until someone ANSWERS this question. 9z question @
d story is myth (d jews own accont of creation...lyk we have many acounts in africa)...we are to luk at d massage nt d story..d massage is dat God creatd man(humany).. man misbehavd and dats y man is in d situation he is today.... d Adam and Eve and snake and garden and tree tin (is myth) is d vehicle convying d message.......OP if understand dis dn ur questn is needless
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by kindworld(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
mediamataz:

my question is did God know they will fail?if yes then why did he test them cause God is all-knowing

Like I mentioned God doesn't test us with evil.
Man was not made to operate like a robot they can choose to do whatever they like including having the choice to disobey God as well.
The case of Adam and Eve doesn't mean God doesn't know what will happen in the future, creating Adam and his wife to fall means he programmed them that way or has predetermined their future including their failure. The question is what will God gain if he created humans to fail since nobody told him to create them in the first place?
The point is as a just God he didn't create them to fail he rather allowed them to determine their own future by their choices, obviously they misused that gift or free will.

if No then it negates against the Bible that says God is all-knowing.

Now on the issue of God knowing the future, the fact that God knows the future doesn't mean he won't allow them choose the outcome of their life through their actions.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
Teempakguy:
you should think also.

Now as the mother, when you return, and you find out that your child has indeed disobeyed you, I guess your next move will be to banish your own child to the harsh world, curse him or her with death and pain, wait for 3000 years, give birth to another child and have that one killed and resurrected before you can allow the erring one back into your house.

Instead of just chastising them like a normal parent. If you can't see the absurdity even with your own example, your brain wash, no be small.

God is not a man who goes back on his words. If he has said it, he will do it, regardless of who is involved. I present before you life and death, choose life that you may live, for if you choose death, you will die.
What kind of a father tells his son, if you commit a crime you will be punished but his son boldly defies his father's instruction and commits the crime, but the father comes back instead of chastising him, he pads him on the back?
What kind of a father does that? Raising a child without boundaries and discipline?
Jehovah says, "To whom he loves, He chastises".
Adam was told, if you eat it, you will die. But just like you right now, you look him in the eye and say, 'who are you to give me instructions?
You have the right to choose, and you will live with your choices.
BTW, God made provisions for Adam. He didn't just throw him out without anything. The first animal was killed because of him. His shame was covered. Satan was judged for his sake.

Wait!!! Did you forget that Adam chose to be god to himself?

Did you forget that Adam didn't want anything from God any longer? He wanted be an atheist, and that is the reward of being an atheist.

Exactly as you doing now. You have told God that you are big enough to care for yourself. Why do u still need anything from God? He is a very stupid God and all his ways are stupid, including his followers
But you see? You still breath God's air. You still get warmth from his sun, you still enjoy his rain. O pls sir.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
crusadistic:

how is this an answer?
you're simply restating the same question undecided
I don't expect u to understand, you are a Muslim. We are not talking about Muhammed raping 9yr Olds, you would have understood.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
DonaldGenes:

You just open my eyes brouh May God bless you
May God honour you sir.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
analice107 my love kiss kiss kiss
Sweet heart, how have you been. I hope you are too hot?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Lionsclaw: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:

I'm confused honestly ..

Remember the person who commented and talked about obedience and control? He has said almost everything. But here is a few addition....

1. As a christian you dont look at the word of God this way. You sound suspicious of Gods genuinity and love. The manner you placed the issue seem void of faith. The only person you should put this question to is Gods Holy Spirit Himself who teaches all thing. Nothing is hidden except to them that are already lost or wise in their own eyes, plus nairaland is the 'wrongest' place grin to come getting the answer cos in the process some pagans will mock your god (with them possibly knowing the answer but still use the opportunity to mock God all thanks to you)

2. Man in the person of Adam had to be tried cos the whole point is that he was to inherit all satan losed. Satan failed by usurping and disobedient and it was only fit for the person to take over his glory to pass the test he failed.

3. Yes God knew man would fail but made provision to redeem him (isn't that love unspeakable grin) Mind you man failed the test of obedience and he is flesh -ignorant and weak so God is justified to redeem him if he is willing to acknowledge his failure, isnt that what we as men called to do today.....acknowledge our frailty before Jesus? So like I said God is justified to redeem man (not that He God owes any being justification cos He is possessor of all things), but Satan usurp Gods authority as a powerful being who had the understanding of what he was doing against God, and for that there is no redemption.

Summarily, there is genuine love in all of Gods action just dont view Him from a faithless point of view cos that is risky. Job didnt deserve all he suffered but if the bible didnt forewarn us about Gods intention in trying Job shebi everyone would think God was callous?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by LaExpert: 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
OP, let me use this simple analogy.

Why will a loving mother make fire in the kitchen (for cooking) when she doesn't want her kids to get burnt?

My point:

The tree has a purpose...just like the cooking fire has its purpose. The best the loving mother can do is to warn the kids not to go near the fire...and that's exactly what God did.

I think the question should be; What is the purpose of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by frankkydee(m): 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
gossipatrol:
I asked my aunty this question when I was young and she told me that God made it clear to them that they must not eat from the tree of good and evil... and that by so doing he gave man "will" to choose to do that which is good or bad, obedience or disobedience.

It goes to show that God did not create slaves because he gave us "freewill"

You got it right my dear. He created us in His own image making us a smaller god and giving us the autonomy to make our own decisions. Look at it in another way round, was it not Adam that named all the animals, threes and etc?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by lukxman(m): 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
God was initially not perfect , he was on trial and error
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by bimbology(m): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:

I'm confused honestly ..

had it been that God created man without garden of Eden, it would av been another story entirely. Man would have shifted all blames of whatever happens to him on God. So God had the premonition that Man would fail him, but God wants to balance everything. Dat was y He-GOD created man and put man in Garden of Eden, plant the tree of good and evil there becos first: God knws man is made of flesh, lives and is control by FLESH, man wuold eventually eat the forbidden fruit: then curse wud come upon man through Eve: man shall be shased out of the garden unto dangers of this wicked world 4 devil to devour and cast into hell fire. So, God would have to sacrifice his only son-JESUS CHRIST to deliver man. So dat man would no longer live in flesh but to serve him-GOD in spirit and so dat man would make heaven wen he depart this world of Good and Evil control by d devil except those born of the spirit. So God created the tree of knwlege of good and evil so dat he might not be guilty of man, so dat man would not by flesh mess up the garden of Eden, and to conduct examination for man.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by femi4: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
the ways of God cannot be comprehended by mere mortals.
acfording to the bible:
-God deliberately hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he would not listen to Moses
-God put lying tongues in the mouth of fake prophets
-God destined Judas to betray Jesus....

in each of these three it would be wise to assume that they were all doing according to God's will...

whether or not they r guilty should not be a subject of matter for us.

thats why I said some questions are better left unanswered!
GBAM! Case closed!
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by tete7000(m): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:

The tree was placed their so as not to make us a programmed robot, a zombie like we have now in our scientific world. In a nutshell it signifies our freewill. It is actually love of God for us that made him do that not the other way. Imagine how painful it is for him see human chose the devil over him when he has the power to constrain us.

As per the curse, those God's pronouncement are consequences of man sin; whether God pronounced them or not they would still have happened. Sin and consequences are like a stick, if you pick one end of a stick, you automatically pick the other end. Every sin has dire consequence and it is why we are advised to stay away from sin. Those times it looks like God curses, he just announces the outcomes of choices we made. Whether he says it or not, the outcomes hold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.