Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (35641 Views)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Is Grace A License To Sin? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by tete7000(m): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
Xtanixlax:

Am not leaving this thread until someone ANSWERS this question. 9z question @Michael

Until they ate that fruit they really didn't need to know bad, their souls were pure and they were basically good. They communed directly with God who created them, who knew his desire for them and basically always at hand to answer any of their question. When man chose to eat the fruit, he basically sought to turn himself to God. He told God he no longer needed him as he is knowledgeable now to know what is good or bad for him. From that point forward man began to grope in darkness, God who hitherto was close suddenly was cut off and became distant. Quite unfortunately man flesh is fickle and man suddenly became dependent on relying on his passions and desires. He lost God, couldnt find his day back to God and it would take God himself out of love to went and look for man. That mission was accomplish in Christ Jesus becoming man and taking us back to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by theEYe21(f): 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
When he knew what was going to happen, what was the point? For example, just like me knowing a fruit is poisonous but still let someone eat it. That's just wicked!
ministeriallist:
The tree of life is different from the tree of knowledge of good n bad. The tree of life was meant to make Adam n Eve to live forever while the the tree of the knowledge of good n bad is to show their obedience to their creator as the one with the right to rule.
The tree is not the only one in the garden. There were many variety of trees good for food in the garden, so it was easy for them to have obeyed the law of their creator. The creator only want them to decide whether they want to obey Him n live or disobey n die.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by theEYe21(f): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
But she didn't know her son was going to touch it na, but God new Adam was going to disobey and he still let it happen.
analice107:

Create this scenarios in your mind's eyes.

Am your Mum, sovery rich. Everything you want you can get, I have a mansion which you live in it with me. One day i call you into a room empty, I mean nothing to eat in it, and then I give you an instruction saying, "Am going out my son, see that you touch nothing in this room till I return.
Remember, it's an empty room, and am telling you not to touch anything. What's is there to touch?

Again, I am your parent, am very wealthy. You of course is my child, and so lives in my mansion full of everything. But I call you and instructs you and say "Son, you can make use of everything in the freezer, every thing, only just this "wheat Bread", pls don't touch it", and I went out.
I left everything to your disposal, no restrains. There's assorted of everything. All kinds of breads, eat your fill, but don't touch the Wheat Bread. But you left every other thing you are free to touch and eat, but went to the only one I instructed you don't touch.
In your head or mind's eye, what do you see?

Let me help you. God Wanted to teach Adam Obidience and control.

In the first scenario, the room was empty, so Adam would of course have nothing to touch. If he touched nothing, because there was nothing to touch, would you call that Obidience? Will he be exercising any control? No.

The second scenario. Every thing but ONE is given to you. BUT you are instructed, leave the Wheat Bread alone. But u left the flour bread or corn bread and went for the wheat bread. Would you say Adam did well?
Can you obey instructions without control? No.
If you love me, you will respect me, if you respect me, you will obey me. Finish.
When you ask questions first think.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by odijeks(m): 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

contributions are welcome
I believe you mean the tree of knowledge of good and evil. thats the one God expressly told them not to eat of. God created man in his own image, this means man has the ability to think, decide and make choices, just like God. a garden where everything is permissible without any restriction whatsoever would not enable man to express this God-like ability, hence, a need for something out of bound of which man would have to express his will not to touch in obedience to God or can do otherwise.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

BRO LISTEN Jehovah didn't die for us Jesus did.

GOD HAS THE POWER TO CREATE US LIKE A ROBOT Inside he decided to give Adam free will Adam had a choice to choose either to be loyal and obedient or to dis obey. It was just a simple up commandment upon all th these trees in the Garden you must eat but as for these tree you must not eat for the day you eat you would die. So are first parent Disobey

It would cost God nothing to enslave US. Like the King's of the Earth do inside he gave me and you free will to choice either to serve him or n
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
theEYe21:
But she didn't know her son was going to touch it na, but God new Adam was going to disobey and he still let it happen.
Hahahahahahahaha. That's some reasoning. Is that why we still choose to commit sin today even when we have been told the consequences?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
buskie13:
men....op...I've stopped asking questions like this....just live life de way u see it...worry not..
My dear don't say that oo. Even God wants us to ask him questions like this. Is he not the one who said, we should come let's reason together? How can we reason if we don't ask questions?
I ask God questions. Hard questions. Questions that can cause the feeble to derail.
You see this question? I asked and asked, no one could give me a satisfactory answer, so I asked God. The illustration I gave earlier is what I recieved as an answer.
Let me give you some of the questions I ask God.

1. You are God, there's no evil in and with you. There's no evil in heaven. Where did pride come from to enter into Lucifer? Remember this happened in heaven.

2. When Lucifer fell in rebellion, you created Hellfire for him and his followers. Why didn't you just send them there straight? Why allow them hang around till u created Man?

3. Why wasn't the tree of good and evil kept out of reach from Adam?

4. When Adam fell, why didn't Adam drop dead immediately? Innocent me would ve been saved. Afterall you said, if he ate it he would die. Why didn't he die.

5. OK, am told that Adam died a spiritual dead, but now am told that Jesus shed his blood for my sins. What is the connection between spiritual deathness with physical blood?

6. We are told that after 7years of Antichrist rign, Jesus will come back and take over government from the antichrist and rule for one thousand years before the white throne judgement. Meaning this is when all souls shall resurrect to face judgement.
Now, in this one thousand years, when Christ will rign, what will happen to those who would have received the Mark of the Beast?

Will they enjoy Jesus' government? Or
Will they be cast away and kept some where like the beast who will be imprisoned in the abyss for One thousand years?
In between this one thousand years, if folk who had received the mark are allowed to enjoy the government, will they marry and have children?

If yes, will their children automatically have the Mark?

Will those with the Mark allowed to mix and marry those without the Mark?

7. What is the Qurantee that someone won't rebel against God's government again, since we have lived in sin before?

If Lucifer who never had sin, all of a sudden sin entered into him, what is the Qurantee that, we who have lived in sin won't sin over in heaven?

These are some of the questions I ask God. because no one can give me any good answers.

But He answers me. He answers when you are indeed in need of answers. If you go to him with the kind of heart the Atheists have, scornfully with the intent to malign, you will hear nothing.
A master can't become a servant for whatever reason. You are a servant, he is a master. Keep it at that level and you will hear him.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by OgenemaroKessy(m): 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Create this scenarios in your mind's eyes.

Am your Mum, sovery rich. Everything you want you can get, I have a mansion which you live in it with me. One day i call you into a room empty, I mean nothing to eat in it, and then I give you an instruction saying, "Am going out my son, see that you touch nothing in this room till I return.
Remember, it's an empty room, and am telling you not to touch anything. What's is there to touch?

Again, I am your parent, am very wealthy. You of course is my child, and so lives in my mansion full of everything. But I call you and instructs you and say "Son, you can make use of everything in the freezer, every thing, only just this "wheat Bread", pls don't touch it", and I went out.
I left everything to your disposal, no restrains. There's assorted of everything. All kinds of breads, eat your fill, but don't touch the Wheat Bread. But you left every other thing you are free to touch and eat, but went to the only one I instructed you don't touch.
In your head or mind's eye, what do you see?

Let me help you. God Wanted to teach Adam Obidience and control.

In the first scenario, the room was empty, so Adam would of course have nothing to touch. If he touched nothing, because there was nothing to touch, would you call that Obidience? Will he be exercising any control? No.

The second scenario. Every thing but ONE is given to you. BUT you are instructed, leave the Wheat Bread alone. But u left the flour bread or corn bread and went for the wheat bread. Would you say Adam did well?
Can you obey instructions without control? No.
If you love me, you will respect me, if you respect me, you will obey me. Finish.
When you ask questions first think.
Hello. Please I want to know before God gave that instruction to Adam about the forbidden fruit,Didn't he know that Adam will disobey?.
(2) Was Adam created perfect? If Yes , Why did he fall short of God's glory. And If No, elaborate.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by orisa37: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
This Tree is "The Soul and The Breath of God in us". He made humans selfish that is separate from Him Who's Righteous, to enable humans think right to reach up to Him. The Tree is The Conscience, The Spirit of GOOD and EVIL in humans. Always think good, right, righteous and God. Otherwise, you'll be evil, wrong, selfish and satanic. God bless His Tree of Life.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Sweet heart, how have you been. I hope you are too hot?
I'm good, Baby. Chilling. The week resumes tomorrow. embarassed
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
achorladey:
Did God Know That Adam and Eve Would Sin?
MANY people ask this question in all sincerity. When the issue of God’s permission of wickedness is raised, the sin of the first human pair in the garden of Eden quickly comes into focus. The thought that ‘God knows everything’ may easily lead some to the conclusion that God must have known beforehand that Adam and Eve would disobey him.
If God truly had foreknown that this perfect couple would sin, what would this imply? Such a notion would attribute many negative traits to God. He would seem to be unloving, unjust, and insincere. Some might label it cruel to expose the first humans to something that was foreknown to end badly. God might seem responsible for—or at least an accomplice to—all the badness and suffering that followed throughout history. To some, our Creator would even appear foolish.
Does Jehovah God, as revealed in the Scriptures, match such a negative description? To answer that, let us examine what the Bible says about the creative works and the personality of Jehovah.
“It Was Very Good”
Regarding God’s creation, including the first humans on earth, the Genesis account says: “God saw everything he had made and, look! it was very good.” (Genesis 1:31 ) Adam and Eve were perfectly made, ideally suited to their earthly environment. There was nothing deficient in their makeup. Created “very good,” they were certainly capable of the good conduct that was required of them. They were created “in God’s image.” ( Genesis 1:27 ) So they had the capacity to demonstrate to some degree the godly qualities of wisdom, loyal love, justice, and goodness. Reflecting such qualities would help them to make decisions that would benefit them and bring pleasure to their heavenly Father.
Jehovah endowed these perfect, intelligent creatures with free will. So they were by no means preprogrammed to please God—like some sort of robot. Think about it. Which would mean more to you—a gift that is given mechanically or one that comes from the heart? The answer is obvious. Likewise, if Adam and Eve had freely chosen to obey God, their obedience would have meant all the more to him. The capacity to choose enabled the first human pair to obey Jehovah out of love.— Deuteronomy 30:19, 20 .
Righteous, Just, and Good
The Bible reveals Jehovah’s qualities to us. These qualities make it impossible for him to have anything to do with sin. Jehovah “is a lover of righteousness and justice,” says Psalm 33:5 . Thus, James 1:13 notes: “With evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” Out of fairness and consideration, God warned Adam: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” (Genesis 2:16, 17 ) The first couple were given a choice between endless life and death. Would it not have been hypocritical for God to warn them against a specific sin while already knowing the bad outcome? As “a lover of righteousness and justice,” Jehovah would not have offered a choice that in reality did not exist.
Jehovah is also abundant in goodness. (Psalm 31:19 ) Describing God’s goodness, Jesus said: “Who is the man among you whom his son asks for bread—he will not hand him a stone, will he? Or, perhaps, he will ask for a fish—he will not hand him a serpent, will he? Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will your Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him?” (Matthew 7:9-11 ) God gives “good things” to his creatures. The way humans were created and the Paradise home prepared for them testify to God’s goodness. Would such a good Sovereign be so cruel as to provide a beautiful home that he knew would be taken away? No. Our righteous and good Maker is not to blame for man’s rebellion.
“Wise Alone”
The Scriptures also show that Jehovah is “wise alone.” (Romans 16:27 ) God’s heavenly angels witnessed many manifestations of this boundless wisdom. They began “shouting in applause” when Jehovah brought forth his earthly creations. (Job 38:4-7 ) No doubt these intelligent spirit creatures followed events in the garden of Eden with great interest. Would it, then, make sense for a wise God, after creating an awe-inspiring universe and an array of marvelous earthly works, to bring forth under the eyes of his angelic sons two unique creatures who he knew were bound to fail? Clearly, to plan such a calamity would not stand to reason.
Still, someone may object, ‘But how could an all-wise God not have known?’ Granted, a facet of Jehovah’s great wisdom is his capability to know “from the beginning the finale.” (Isaiah 46:9, 10 ) However, he does not have to use this capability, just as he does not always have to use his immense power to the full. Jehovah wisely uses his ability of foreknowledge selectively. He uses it when it makes sense to do so and fits the circumstances.
The ability to refrain from using foreknowledge can be illustrated with a feature of modern technology. Someone watching a prerecorded sports match has the option to watch the final minutes first in order to know the outcome. But he does not have to start that way. Who could criticize him if he chose to watch the entire match from the beginning? Similarly, the Creator evidently chose not to see how things would turn out. Rather, he chose to wait and, as events unfolded, see how his earthly children would conduct themselves.
As mentioned earlier, Jehovah in his wisdom did not create the first humans as automatons programmed for a fixed course. Instead, he lovingly endowed them with free will. By choosing the right course, they could manifest their love, gratitude, and obedience, thereby bringing added delight to themselves and to Jehovah as their heavenly Father.— Proverbs 27:11; Isaiah 48:18 .
The Scriptures show that on many occasions God did not make use of his ability of foreknowledge. For example, when faithful Abraham went to the point of attempting to sacrifice his son, Jehovah could say: “Now I do know that you are God-fearing in that you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” ( Genesis 22:12 ) On the other hand, there were also occasions when the bad conduct of certain individuals caused God to “feel hurt.” Would he have felt such pain if he had long known what they would do?— Psalm 78:40, 41; 1 Kings 11:9, 10 .
Thus, it is only reasonable to conclude that the all-wise God did not exercise his ability of foreknowledge to know in advance that our first parents would sin. He was not so foolish as to embark on a bizarre venture, using his ability to know the outcome in advance and then staging a mere rerun of what he already knew.
“God Is Love”
God’s adversary, Satan, initiated the rebellion in Eden that resulted in negative consequences, including sin and death. Satan thus was “a manslayer.” He also proved to be “a liar and the father of the lie.” ( John 8:44 ) Driven by bad motives himself, he strives to attribute bad motives to our loving Creator. It suits him well to shift the blame for man’s sin to Jehovah.
The quality of love is the strongest reason why Jehovah chose not to know in advance that Adam and Eve would sin. Love is God’s main attribute. “God is love,” says 1 John 4:8 . Love is positive, not negative. It looks for the good in others. Yes, motivated by love, Jehovah God wanted the best for the first human pair.
Even though God’s earthly children had the option of making an unwise choice, our loving God was not inclined to be pessimistic or to be suspicious of his perfect creatures. He had amply provided for them and had equipped them well. It was only appropriate that God should expect, not rebellion, but loving obedience in return. He knew that Adam and Eve had the ability to act loyally, as was later proved even by imperfect men, such as Abraham, Job, Daniel, and many others.
“With God all things are possible,” said Jesus. ( Matthew 19:26 ) That is a comforting thought. Jehovah’s love, along with his other dominant attributes of justice, wisdom, and power, guarantees that in due time he can and will remove all the effects of sin and death.—
Revelation 21:3-5 .
Clearly, Jehovah did not know beforehand that the first couple would sin. While he was pained by the disobedience of man and the ensuing suffering, God knew that this temporary situation would not prevent the fulfillment of his eternal purpose for the earth and humans upon it. Why not find out more about that purpose and how you may benefit from its glorious fulfillment? *

Your post was almost apologetic. However, your premises still force a curious conclusion: that God is not all knowing!

Your proposition that God can "refrain from using foreknowledge" doesn't help in any way; it still implies that there are things He does not know. He cannot be all knowing without knowing all things!

Why can't we just agree that everything that happened was as God allowed it!
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
orisa37:
satanic.
undecided
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
WaffenSS:

But why did he make them with the ability to choose? Why isn't their default setting simply "always obey" ?

always obey,doing the right thing.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
@ymodulus you are needed here share your views
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by AdeniyiA(m): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
ministeriallist:
The tree of life is different from the tree of knowledge of good n bad. The tree of life was meant to make Adam n Eve to live forever while the the tree of the knowledge of good n bad is to show their obedience to their creator as the one with the right to rule.
The tree is not the only one in the garden. There were many variety of trees good for food in the garden, so it was easy for them to have obeyed the law of their creator. The creator only want them to decide whether they want to obey Him n live or disobey n die.
People must know that ALL the Lord created were good, the said 'bad' tree wasn't a bad tree but disobedience made it so.
A brief analogy would help,
take for instance,if you have two women A & B, and God says to a man ,take A as your wife but never touch B but if you go ahead to sleep with B because you think she's more endowed, you've have committed two sins. 1. against yourself, 2. Disobedience to God. This does not mean B is 'bad', disobedience made her so.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by cycluse: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
That is why he is GOD, no one can question him
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
I'm good, Baby. Chilling. The week resumes tomorrow. embarassed
Be a sweetheart and share of your fuel.?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by AdeniyiA(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
WaffenSS:

But why did he make them with the ability to choose? Why isn't their default setting simply "always obey" ?
God's initial purpose was to create an independent man, one who can choose his path and destiny but never a stooge, if God made obedience a default feature He would in fact contradict himself because he told man to "dominate","rule",etc, such a ruler must be able to take decisions on his own and face the consequences.
God was simply taking the man through a set of lessons for a predetermined future roles of rulership
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nmeri17: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Abeg! The thread is asking "why there was bread in the first place". Why are you recounting the Fall story all over? This is like reading a translation named Standard Bakery Version.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by weezii(m): 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
It's quite easy

God has given us the power to decide which way to go and what to do with the knowledge of good and bad.

The power of decision lies in our hands. Thus it's now your choice to believe that God exists or not plus whether you'd do good to your fellow man or evil.

It's your choice but remember thus: Every choice we make has a reward

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
@volksfuhrer now you are almost there read Genesis 22:12 Then he said: “Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.”

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Kennedyiheme: 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

No one knows how God works. We progress by exploring and understanding nature, not making up unprovable nonsense in our head.
no one understands how God works yet they Got it right, ignorant africans keep praying for manner to fall from heaven, creating retarded illusions with our sense of spirituality, while the europeans use critical thinking and using there brains. That's why china and usa are one of the biggest economies. We keep praying foolishly, they keep growing everyday.... Recently students of LIGO discovered gravitational waves, making the possiblity of humans traveling through time, average nigeria youth would be found in church or mosque, while their mates are being innovative and changing the world in terms of technology. If the owner of facebook was found in church for always, 24/7, do you think he'll be as rich as he is now?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Audray(f): 7:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
Abi? Its like saying to a kid: Hey kid! Don't touch this BIG RED SHINY BUTTON!. Kids love shiny things. God basically used reverse psychology on his " kids"Adam and eve. Why?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
The Bible reveals Jehovah’s qualities to us. These qualities make it impossible for him to have anything to do with sin. Jehovah “is a lover of righteousness and justice,” says Psalm 33:5 . Thus, James 1:13 notes: “With evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” Out of fairness and consideration, God warned Adam: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” (Genesis 2:16, 17 ) The first couple were given a choice between endless life and death. Would it not have been hypocritical for God to warn them against a specific sin while already knowing the bad outcome? As “a lover of righteousness and justice,” Jehovah would not have offered a choice that in reality did not exist.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
itstpia8:

Where in the account does it state God didnt want man to sin?

You are confused because you added something that wasnt there.
he didn't want man to sin.. else why was he displeased when He found He had been disobeyed to the extent of cursing man...

from many replies here..I now understand God wanted us to choose Him over the devil hence the reason for giving us choice.. thereby placing the tree in the garden...

He didn't want us to sin!
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
The key in my last post ( hypocritical, As “a lover of righteousness and justice,” Jehovah would not have offered a choice that in reality did not exist.) ,
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
The Scriptures show that on many occasions God did not make use of his ability of foreknowledge. For example, when faithful Abraham went to the point of attempting to sacrifice his son, Jehovah could say: “Now I do know that you are God-fearing in that you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me.” ( Genesis 22:12 ) On the other hand, there were also occasions when the bad conduct of certain individuals caused God to “feel hurt.” Would he have felt such pain if he had long known what they would do?— Psalm 78:40, 41; 1 Kings 11:9, 10 .
Thus, it is only reasonable to conclude that the all-wise God did not exercise his ability of foreknowledge to know in advance that our first parents would sin. He was not so foolish as to embark on a bizarre venture, using his ability to know the outcome in advance and then staging a mere rerun of what he already knew.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by achorladey: 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
I love my last post, people learn to reason. Faith goes along with sound reason.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
Tjayjosh:
@Op. The bible says, God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth (Genesis 1:27-28 KJV). And then here God commanded the man saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: "But of the three of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die" (Genesis 2:16-17). God gave man everything, and wanted something back in return. Let me brake this down. God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created
Adam and Eve to be free beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and
Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice. Hear this, the bible let us to know that God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. With all this power, knowledge and versatility that God posseses. He cannot control you or alter your freewill. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was a. symbol. God said, "if ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). That tree was the only way God could get love back from the man He loved and gave everything.

So why was Pharoah's heart hardened?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

You make me laff, dont contend with your maker... The clay pot cannot querry the porter.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by deluxez12(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
ministeriallist:
why would he create them if he wanted them to die

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by analice107: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
OgenemaroKessy:

Hello. Please I want to know before God gave that instruction to Adam about the forbidden fruit,Didn't he know that Adam will disobey?.
(2) Was Adam created perfect? If Yes , Why did he fall short of God's glory. And If No, elaborate.
OK. Your question sounds like this, when I tell my son not to touch fire dodn't I know that the fire will burn him "if" he touches it?
Of course God knew. He is all-knowing. But still left Adam with the free will.
Now, if Adam had obeyed that instruction, would you still be asking me this question?
Today for instance, there's hellfire. We ve been told what will happen, we have Ben told the things you can do to end up there. But we do them anyways.
Now does God know what will happen in hellfire, yes. Has he warned you? Yes.
What else do you want? To be tight down like an animal to keep you from sinning?
The problem I see with Man is that, we do not like taking responsibilities for our deeds. It began with Adam refusing to take any blame.
When God came, he shifted blame first to God who brought the woman, and then to the woman who allowed herself to he deceived. But he forgot he was the one the instruction was given.
My dear. The question is not God's stance, it is the ability for Adam to apply restrain, control and and obey.
A teacher knows the answers before he starts teaching a pupil. It's left for the pupil to take the instructions given. When the pupil flaws those instructions, that pupil has no right to blame the teacher for knowing the answers yet setting the questions.
Perfection
Adam was created neutral. Neither perfect nor imperfect, neither mortal or immortal. That test was his passage into either perfection or imperfection and mortality or immorality.

Look at it like this. When you ask for wisdom, a problem is given to you to solve. How you handle the issue, determinds if you are wise.

Adam was an innocent being. But he knew right and wrong.
He knew and had someone above. God created everything and brought all to him to see what Adam will Call them. The bible says whatever name Adam gave them, those have been their names.

He worked with God. But he heard that he could remove himself from that authority. This was his falling Grace. He was told, he could be "that authority", he toyed and turned the idea up and down his mind and saw that it was good.
He desired to be that authority. That's freewill to reason.
Why won't you look at Adam's freewill to reason?

He reasoned with himself. He made a conscious effort not to be under anyone anymore. He didn't want to give account of his actions to anyone anymore.
Why aren't you scrutinizing Adam? Adam wasn't ignorant. He wasn't without power to make choices. Adam was a reasonable man who felt, enough of this evening "Cool of the day" visitation when God felt like it. He wanted to he God. Can't you get it?
My dear, when you infringe on God's Sovereignty, hahaha. You don find trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.