Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (35651 Views)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Is Grace A License To Sin? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Dandeson1(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
canalily:
The same reason he created life and death.smiley light and darknesssad
God created darkness? Lmao.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by okeke00(m): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
Because of mental slavery

5 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by kindworld(m): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
Atheists, Muslims and all sort of persons are commenting on this post about Bible and Christians, if it's a Muslim post they will first initiate you before u can contribute.

@Op the Bible said God can't tempt anyone, so placing that particular tree wasn't to tempt them or make them fall.
Again it was the devil that influenced their fall so by disobeying God was not in any way God's fault.
(clearly the desire to take from the tree means they aren't obedient)
They were created perfect so what else are they looking for?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

contributions are welcome

Do. You actually believe that story??!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by blackboi(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Create this scenarios in your mind's eyes.

Am your Mum, sovery rich. Everything you want you can get, I have a mansion which you live in it with me. One day i call you into a room empty, I mean nothing to eat in it, and then I give you an instruction saying, "Am going out my son, see that you touch nothing in this room till I return.
Remember, it's an empty room, and am telling you not to touch anything. What's is there to touch?

Again, I am your parent, am very wealthy. You of course is my child, and so lives in my mansion full of everything. But I call you and instructs you and say "Son, you can make use of everything in the freezer, every thing, only just this "wheat Bread", pls don't touch it", and I went out.
I left everything to your disposal, no restrains. There's assorted of everything. All kinds of breads, eat your fill, but don't touch the Wheat Bread. But you left every other thing you are free to touch and eat, but went to the only one I instructed you don't touch.
In your head or mind's eye, what do you see?

Let me help you. God Wanted to teach Adam Obidience and control.

In the first scenario, the room was empty, so Adam would of course have nothing to touch. If he touched nothing, because there was nothing to touch, would you call that Obidience? Will he be exercising any control? No.

The second scenario. Every thing but ONE is given to you. BUT you are instructed, leave the Wheat Bread alone. But u left the flour bread or corn bread and went for the wheat bread. Would you say Adam did well?
Can you obey instructions without control? No.
If you love me, you will respect me, if you respect me, you will obey me. Finish.
When you ask questions first think.

boring nonsense shocked

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by guente02(m): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
grin grin
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by DonaldGenes(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

Am your Mum, sovery rich. Everything you want you can get, I have a mansion which you live in it with me. One day i call you into a room empty, I mean nothing to eat in it, and then I give you an instruction saying, "Am going out my son, see that you touch nothing in this room till I return.
Remember, it's an empty room, and am telling you not to touch anything. What's is there to touch?

Again, I am your parent, am very wealthy. You of course is my child, and so lives in my mansion full of everything. But I call you and instructs you and say "Son, you can make use of everything in the freezer, every thing, only just this "wheat Bread", pls don't touch it", and I went out.
I left everything to your disposal, no restrains. There's assorted of everything. All kinds of breads, eat your fill, but don't touch the Wheat Bread. But you left every other thing you are free to touch and eat, but went to the only one I instructed you don't touch.

In the first scenario, the room was empty, so Adam would of course have nothing to touch. If he touched nothing, because there was nothing to touch, would you call that Obidience? Will he be exercising any control? No.

The second scenario. Every thing but ONE is given to you. BUT you are instructed, leave the Wheat Bread alone. But u left the flour bread or corn bread and went for the wheat bread. Would you say Adam did well?
If you love me, you will respect me, if you respect me, you will obey me. Finish.

You just open my eyes brouh May God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by canalily(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
God created darkness? Lmao.
when were you born?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by sapientia(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
Its this simple.

Either you believe bible or you dont...

Christianity is by absolute faith

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
canalily:
when were you born?
20mins BC
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by oglalasioux(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Why I believe the biblical stories are lies;

1. God knows all things and even the future. So he knew before hand that Satan will fall and Adam and Eve will eat the forbidden fruit. So why create Satan and why plant the fruit?

2. God so love the world that He gave His son to the world to die. So why did Jesus weep in the garden and why is Judas Iscariot not a saint for helping to make the salvation of the world possible?

Let me stop and wait for the bashings before I continue.

11 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by flokii: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

probably there for Him & His spirit beings.. cos from what we've read, they know too much

whatever sha...

you're on a long thing... guess you're just "breaking out"
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iyb(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
good and evil,light and darkness, yin and yang,shadow and light
they are both sides of the same coin one cannot exist without the other

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
sapientia:
Its this simple.

Either you believe bible or you dont...

Christianity is by absolute faith
Thank you my brother. You're a true Christian. Just believe the nonsense and don't question it. It isn't supposed to make sense..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by marshalcarter: 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
guente02:
grin grin
Abeg shift make i follow u shine teeth grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by uzoormah(m): 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
God(my love) made man to be a free moral agent..having the will power to choose from good and bad..he just want to see if you would make him proud or reject him
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

how is this an answer?
you're simply restating the same question undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
And how do you know he didn't want man to sin?

Everything that happened in the bible was intricately planned by him. According to the christian mythology, of course. Both the good and horrible ones. The only part that pisses me off is where he keeps lying that he's the good guy.

At least, jewish mythology had the decency to admit he wasn't omni anything. Christianity is just . . . Annoyingly self-righteous. And it shows in their portrayal of god.

If we actually examine the way the jews looked at God, they saw him as very human. Not omniscient, prone to mistakes, both the Good AND the bad guy. A truly monotheistic religion.

Trying to merge it with christianity, a religion with four actual deities, is what creates all these philosophical issues.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by mannatech: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
The ever knowing and ever seeing god who never makes error. To me , if going by the Bible's version of Creation, his expectation did not tally with the outcome. Man sinned, and god was sleeping then, Choi!
Upon all his power, I wonder why the world is what it is today. This whole humanity, earth Creation bs crappy story is enough, he hasn't woken up since eve's disobedience.

4 Likes

johnydon22:

Only a lie would shy away from scrutiny. . . Nothing deserves to be shielded from scrutiny and this cowardly way of dodging a question is absurd
xtianity and confusion

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by canalily(m): 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

20mins BC
then ask ur pastor who created darknes b4 u go laugh enter dungon
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by oglalasioux(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2016
DonaldGenes:

You just open my eyes brouh May God bless you

I thought you'll ask if; since your mum, in the illustration, is omniscience and knows before hand that you'll disobey, is it fare for her to carry out the test?

The bible portrays God as knowing everything before hand. So He knows Adam will fail the test. So what's the essence? Giving a dog a bad name just to hang it?

6 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by okeke00(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
If Judas should ever go to hell fire, even after helping God to make his plans come to pass, and God still chooses to send him to hell fire then I think we need to put God inside that same hell fire too because he is the one that deserves to be put there

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by ettaetta(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
grin
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
canalily:
then ask ur pastor who created darknes b4 u go laugh enter dungon
I don't have a pastor. I have my mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Icaretoo: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Read the full story here tongue
- God Knows Everything.
- God created the Universe.
- God knew what would happen if Adam ate from the tree.
- God didn't plant the tree on Mars or Jupiter.
- He put the tree, in the same garden, with Adam..

See setup. grin

@op there are many African myths to believe that make more sense than that of the Israeli's... who dont even care about most of this nonsense y'all bother your minds with. There was no tree. Your ancestors weren't Adam and Eve.

You won't put a knife near a baby, then blame the baby for playing with the knife. A responsible God would have built a huge Trump size wall around that motherfucking tree. But, it's Yahweh. He just like fucking human beings up. Like his twin brother Allah who is trying desperately to catch up with his killer numbers..

Naw I see @ ur moniker
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Teempakguy:
And how do you know he didn't want man to sin?

Everything that happened in the bible was intricately planned by him. According to the christian mythology, of course. Both the good and horrible ones. The only part that pisses me off is where he keeps lying that he's the good guy.

At least, jewish mythology had the decency to admit he wasn't omni anything. Christianity is just . . . Annoyingly self-righteous. And it shows in their portrayal of god.

If we actually examine the way the jews looked at God, they saw him as very human. Not omniscient, prone to mistakes, both the Good AND the bad guy. A truly monotheistic religion.

Trying to merge it with christianity, a religion with four actual deities, is what creates all these philosophical issues.
since when did you become atheist?
I thought you were xtian sad
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
analice107:

you should think also.

Now as the mother, when you return, and you find out that your child has indeed disobeyed you, I guess your next move will be to banish your own child to the harsh world, curse him or her with death and pain, wait for 3000 years, give birth to another child and have that one killed and resurrected before you can allow the erring one back into your house.

Instead of just chastising them like a normal parent. If you can't see the absurdity even with your own example, your brain wash, no be small.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Icaretoo:

Naw I see @ ur moniker
Ur welcome booboo. kiss
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Freeman50(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
This question is rhetorical my dear. If you continue thinking of worldly things, you will die before your time. Better take life the way you see it.
booqee:

I'm confused honestly ..

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:

I'm confused honestly ..

I reckon he did it for his amusement lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.