Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (35644 Views)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Is Grace A License To Sin? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by whocanbewho(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
.following smiley
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by ybalogs(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
God of course want us to sin but of course learn to seek for His forgiveness. The gravity of sin is another thing to take into consideration. Of all sins on earth, the only sin that is not forgivable is associating Partners with God(Shirk) . Every other sin is forgivable provided you sincerely seek forgiveness and never return to the sin. Wallahu Ahlam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
Is just like you are asking why did God create anus if he didn't want man to become gay Or why did he create Bermuda triangle if he didn't want man to go there?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Icaretoo: 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

For the sake of his sorrowfully passion.. HAVE MERCY ON US AND ON THE WHOLE WORLD

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by whocanbewho(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
poketoholo01:
If there is pre-destination then the concept of freewill is nafin but a lie cos we can't change wat will be!
. both go hand in hand. There is predestination because God knows the end from the beginning and vice versa. This is why he is the supreme being. On the other and there is free will because we can choose to do whatever we like within the context of predestination.. The only difference is that we as human cannot predict what can or will happen in future. Death is perfect illustration of predestination and free will. Everyone has a fix time of death already predestined which nothing can change.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by canalily(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

I don't have a pastor. I have my mind.
oh! Am so sorry am just seeing ur moniker now. No need answering u again
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
crusadistic:

since when did you become atheist?
I thought you were xtian sad
eyah, sorry. cheesy

The ability to tame the effects of cognitive dissonance, which is essential to keeping faith, I was not born with.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by DonaldGenes(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
oglalasioux:

I thought you'll ask if; since your mum, in the illustration, is omniscience and knows before hand that you'll disobey, is it fare for her to carry out the test?

The bible portrays God as knowing everything before hand. So He knows Adam will fail the test. So what's the essence? Giving a dog a bad name just to hang it?
In essence, what's your main point Bruh?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Btruth: 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Space booked. Will be back to comment later.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by emmykk(m): 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
i better question is why.did.adam and eve didnt go for there tree of life
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Bollinger(m): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
some questions are better left unanswered .

Then why give us free will if God didn't want us asking questions?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
he defamity of Adam
The reason is so that Adam can descend into the earth. Eating from the tree of life is the only way. Remember He made heavens and the earth. Adam (mankind) is to stay in the earth. Read on

The undetailed story of adam in the Bible potrayed this image of God as the betrayer of his maker and a weakling.and his God also as an imperfect creator, blaspheming the All seeing Eye and Omniscient God
This has made Adam suffer multi generational deformity and has also produce athesist which believd that the source of all toils, hardship,sickness and death is from the genesis tragedy,
An invincible God that decided to create something which he proclaimed is His image and likeness can be judged in that which he created,if we say Adam is a weakling are we not indeirectly say that his maker is also a weakling? If not,then we need to look into the matter more carefully.
Let us look into the story of this awesome never born titanic creature, what he did , not as deceived but to prove the deceiver (lucifer) to be the deceived.
Gen 1 vs26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Looking closely at the account of creation , you will observe that God was not exactly calling things that be not as though they were, rather He spoke and called forth the entire creation from already existent materials,asking them to bring forth according to thier kind,God continued in this manner until he got to the creation of man, So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.gen 1vs 27.
The above verse was the creation of Adam,how come the bilble said in gen 2:5 that ' there was no man to till the ground' after which the Lord God formed man of the dust of the earth,the account of chapter 1 used the word 'creation' which is making something out of none existing material , while chapter 2 used 'form' which is making from an already existing material,
God is a spirit being therefore when he proposed to make man in His image ,after his likeness, He created the spirit and the soul of the man gen 1:27. It was in this state that God embedded the spirit of prophecy in Adam, (rev 19:10c for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.), this spirit of prophecy formed the basic form of knowledge that Adam had,which was exhibited when he had to name all the animals , including the first woman eve gen 2:19 ....and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
The angels did not know about the creation of the mans spirit and soul but they witnessed the forming of mans body.This was why in comparing themselves to man they could not comprehend the attention God is giving to man, they wondered what is about man that God is so mindful of him (psalm 8:4).
Adam having the spirit of prophecy knew that except a seed falls into the ground and die it abides alone (john 12:24).And for procreation to take place ,he being the first man must die ( leave his original exalted state in Eden to become a mortal msn in the earth.gen 1:28
There is no procreation in Eden, as it is a heavenly place , which is in its complete system of generation.hence for procreation to happen Adam must descend to the earth ( which was actually where he was given as his jurisdiction) which is not yet a perfect world. The only passport to the earth is the fruit of the tree of motality(the tree of the knowledge of good and evil)
In taking a rib from Adam to make eve, God made for man what he can die for, and that was why adam, even when he knew the consequences of eating of that tree and what lies ahead of eve after she has done so, decided to take full responsibility and die for the love he has for her, just like our Lord Jesus Christ chose to be made sin and died for the love he has for us to redeem us (including Adam)fro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Bollinger(m): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
booqee:
I keep wondering why did God even create the tree of life in the garden of Eden in the first place if He didn't want man to sin..

Some say its intentional... if it is, why was He so displeased to the extent of placing a curse on them...

He created us as man.. not as gods or heavenly creatures.. so of course he was easy and prone to falling for temptation.. so I assumed He knew from the start while creating him, that man would fall by eating the forbidden fruit...

so why bother creating it and then cursing man when it is believed He knew he would fall.. (that's the part that makes it look unfair) .. its similar to setting a concealed trap right in front of us..

I'm confused honestly ..

contributions are welcome

I have no problem with him creating the tree of life. My problem is why place it where it can easily accessed? My only conclusion is there was not enough space in heaven. grin Also, since he knows everything that will happen before it happens, why let satan roam around in the garden knowing full well that he was going to tempt adam and eve? Lastly, why allow me be born in Nigeria? Even mexico would have been better.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by adedayoadedeji(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Read the full story here tongue
- God Knows Everything.
- God created the Universe.
- God knew what would happen if Adam ate from the tree.
- God didn't plant the tree on Mars or Jupiter.
- He put the tree, in the same garden, with Adam..

See setup. grin

@op there are many African myths to believe that make more sense than that of the Israeli's... who dont even care about most of this nonsense y'all bother your minds with. There was no tree. Your ancestors weren't Adam and Eve.

You won't put a knife near a baby, then blame the baby for playing with the knife. A responsible God would have built a huge Trump size wall around that motherfucking tree. But, it's Yahweh. He just like fucking human beings up. Like his twin brother Allah who is trying desperately to catch up with his killer numbers..

alaye calm down. This your talk too deep for u o
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Btruth: 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
poketoholo01:
If there is pre-destination then the concept of freewill is nafin but a lie cos we can't change wat will be!
.....hummmm! in other words, it's "que sera sera" what will be, will be. A bi?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by oglalasioux(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
DonaldGenes:

In essence, what's your main point Bruh?

The creation story, according to the bible and Koran, is fake.

The universe was made by design, no doubt, by an overlaying power. But believing the biblical Adam and Eve and garden of Eden story is pathetic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by GodswillAJudins(m): 2:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
hungryboy:
That Thing dey confuse me too, E just dey like say, God dig hole for all of us to fall inside, Each man suppose carry him own cross nah, Why should we all be suffering for what Adam did in the garden of Eden?, Why should all mankind be suffering because of One Man's disobedience?,
maybe u would have done worse than adam,
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Teempakguy:
eyah, sorry. cheesy

The ability to tame the effects of cognitive dissonance, which is essential to keeping faith, I was not born with.
mtsheew...
or you mean the handiwork of johnnydon22?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
if your origins don't need answers then you are one hell of a lost soul. You have killed reasoning

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by victorazy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:

grin I tell u grin

Is like asking why teacher will set exams to student to make them suffer
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by mannatech: 2:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
Come to think of it,who was the "aproko" that told this story about what allegedly went down in the garden of Eden.

A. Adam

B. Eve

C. God
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Only a lie would shy away from scrutiny. . . Nothing deserves to be shielded from scrutiny and this cowardly way of dodging a question is absurd
yet alot will come and defend like they where there when the events where on folding. The creation story holds the key to the greatest scam in history of mankind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
if your origins don't need answers then you are one hell of a lost soul

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by adult91: 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Read the full story here tongue
- God Knows Everything.
- God created the Universe.
- God knew what would happen if Adam ate from the tree.
- God didn't plant the tree on Mars or Jupiter.
- He put the tree, in the same garden, with Adam..

See setup. grin

@op there are many African myths to believe that make more sense than that of the Israeli's... who dont even care about most of this nonsense y'all bother your minds with. There was no tree. Your ancestors weren't Adam and Eve.

You won't put a knife near a baby, then blame the baby for playing with the knife. A responsible God would have built a huge Trump size wall around that motherfucking tree. But, it's Yahweh. He just like fucking human beings up. Like his twin brother Allah who is trying desperately to catch up with his killer numbers..

wise man like u but u can't beat ur foolish neighbors at d game of chess. don't u think ur just wise only in ur ways?
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by lordthree(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bollinger:

I have no problem with him creating the tree of life. My problem is why place it where it can easily accessed? My only conclusion is there was not enough space in heaven. grin Also, since he knows everything that will happen before it happens, why let satan roam around in the garden knowing full well that he was going to tempt adam and eve? Lastly, why allow me be born in Nigeria? Even mexico would have been better.
Hahaha Mexico
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Bollinger(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
lordthree:

Hahaha Mexico

Almost anywhere is better than Nigeria.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by kindworld(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
I am unfollowing this thread men, so much noise here.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by iamord(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
the ways of God cannot be comprehended by mere mortals.
acfording to the bible:
-God deliberately hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he would not listen to Moses
-God put lying tongues in the mouth of fake prophets
-God destined Judas to betray Jesus....

in each of these three it would be wise to assume that they were all doing according to God's will...

whether or not they r guilty should not be a subject of matter for us.

thats why I said some questions are better left unanswered!
oh well. Felas zombie song shall be our watchword
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by GodswillAJudins(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
themosthigh:
Because jehovah is a wicked being who is looking for reasons to punish man and not blame himself...that is why he came down to earth to claim that he died for our sins out of his love for us only to wake up in three days,return back to heaven and claim he can now punish man in ethernal fire if we refuse to believe he died for our sins.....he gives us no evidence and punish us for saying it us a lie....he is worst than the devil and i will march out against him on armagadon carrying the black flag of lucifer...we will finally defeat him and lock him up in the bottomless pit which he created for his beloved creation...we almost did it during the tym.of the fallen angels and later when we where lead by the prince of persia to defeat all his angels and prevent daniels prayer from reaching God and we will succeed this tym around and end his reign of tyranny..

I know u are not in your right state of mind, but he is a merciful God he will surely forgive u,
say amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by tylerbraid(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
The only thing God doesn't have control over in man is "Choice". He can persuade you but "HE WILL NEVER" force you to make a choice... Everything in the garden of eden were 'teachings & tests'. And as usual, choices are been used to decide answers to test.
In a nutshell. He wanted to see if mans choice can go against his order & sadly, that's what happened. That's why the sin God hates most is disobedience. Disobedience against his word, his commandments & his doctrine. God bless.
Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by Ushiefrank(m): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
lekkie073:
lekkie073:
lekkie073:
what is the fruit name abeg i don't want to eat it too

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin by poketoholo01(m): 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Btruth:
.....hummmm! in other words, it's "que sera sera" what will be, will be. A bi?

Yes o, what will be will be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why We Won’t Accompany Apostle Suleman To DSS’ Office – CAN / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Biodun Fatoyinbo, COZA Rape Allegation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.