Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil (21398 Views)

Update On Exercise Crocodile Smile II In The South West And Niger Delta / Buhari And Niger-Delta Dialogue Team Meet + What PMB Told Them - Photos / Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
I have noticed this trend online in comment sections of blogs, and forums. The yorubas are becoming spokesmen of niger delta in the sense that they claim igbos are not indigenous to some niger delta states or they claim igbo groups deny their igbo ancestry therefore can not be said to be igbos, some even go to the length of opening monikers just so they can claim to be the said igbo groups and then deny their igbo heritage to support their evil plan.

Whenever these fake monikers deny their igbo ancestry, you see a 100 likes, but likes from who? The yorubas. They derive joy from it and this is what i term financial insecurity. Yes!

Some yorubas (not all) believe that without oil, a nation cannot progress and as we all know, the bulk of our oil reserves are located in the niger-delta, and in this delta, among the indigenes, the igbos are 40% of the population, meaning a big percentage of the oil reserves are located in igboland but out of envy the yorubas apply the evil divide and rule strategy just so they can bring rift between igbo groups in rivers/delta and their kit and kin in the south east. Their happiness is as long as the igbos doesn't gain from the oil, they are okay, forgetting that the Igbos are more than 25% of the population in Delta State and more than 40% of Rivers State also Traces of the Igbo culture and language could be found in Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa States. Therefore the igbos can be said to be part and parcel of the niger delta.

We have every right to meddle in the affairs of the region. We have had thousands of years relationship and cultural exchanges with the ijaws, efiks, ibibios, ogojas. Among the ethnic groups, the igbos marry more with the efiks and ijaws, far more than the yorubas, the only reason why we hear often about marriages btw the yorubas and igbos is because of the rarity and also yoruba Men feel they have hit the jackpot when they marry an igbo woman.

All I'm saying is you cannot take away the similarities, friendship, brotherhood between the igbos and 'other' niger delta ethnic groups, mind you i said other niger-delta ethnic groups because the igbos are an ethnic group in the niger-delta and no amount of propaganda or divide and rule will change that.

Each time the issue of oil comes up, i begin to wonder why yorubas are really interested and each time an igbo from rivers or delta state comes out to claim his igbo ancestry and also solidify it, you see the yorubas trying to tell him he is wrong, if i may ask, can you call kwara an hausa state knowing fully well that yorubas represent a bulk of the inhabitants, or can you say an ijebu man is not yoruba even after they claimed to have immigrated from sudan. But when an igbo man fom an 'oil producing region' comes out and claim his igbo ancestry, you see them telling him he is wrong, opening different monikers just to counter him, for how long will this go on!

You cannot tell a baby hawk that it is a chicken and place it amongst chickens, when it grows older and wiser, it will end up eating the chickens you dragged it to live with.

Please yorubas get this very clearly, the igbos have every right in the niger-delta as much as the ijaws and, ibibios, urhobos and the efiks. You all claim ondo state oil production dwarfs the whole South Eastern oil production, we agree! but if you add the oil producing igbo communities in the niger-delta, it surpasses the oil production in the whole SW so what exactly are you trying to claim?

Stop disgracing your ethnic men and women, your actions imply that yorubas are silly scared of a disintegrated nigeria because the bulk of the oil lies in the east, therefore they can't stand a progressive Eastern region. You claimed cocoa built lagos, why not face it and believe that cocoa will also build ibadan to lagos standard.

Hate begets hate!

I rest my case.

Cc dearpreye
Ugomba

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by deeplow: 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
mr man

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Another day another anti Yoruba drivel. Some of you probably dream of being chased by a machete wielding Yoruba throughout the night only to wake up relieved it was just a dream.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2016

:
mr man

I just made points, make one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by HeGeMon(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Nigga! That's oil bro! & they have also got it, even with a refinery underway! So what?? They aren't shouting hell fire brimstone, & all that chest beating sound, forget. Let sleeping dogs lye.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
another rant from a fifth class citizen, so after all your stupid convulsion what do you want to do.
yeebos girls are known as prostitutes,baby factories output units.
mumu which useless eastern development is Yoruba scared off,what development can drug trafficking and gala sales bring?
most of your forefathers were educated in the west through free education policy financed by cocoa productions.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Op....well said. This is why I dedicate my account to attacking them every day because I'm aware of their propaganda mercenary tendencies to disrupt other regions as Sen. Akpabio said. Most of them don't even know that former governor of Cross River Lyel Imoke is an Igbo man from Igbo speaking part of Cross River state. He even married an Igbo woman from Enugu. Yoruba...your time is over!

OP...most of the likes are always from the same person with 15-20 monikers...like user below called Hundredhunndred. Watch how he will reply me now and then use their other monikers to like it to gain sympathy for likes...all the likes came within a minute of his posting, how is that possible if not the same person? Sick people!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
uduak2016:
Op....well said. This is why I dedicate my account to attacking them every day because I'm aware of their propaganda mercenary tendencies to disrupt other regions as Sen. Akpabio said.

Akpabio is simply paranoid. If you see Yoruba mercenaries disrupting other regions of Nigeria, it won't be long before you start seeing them in your dreams chasing after you.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Movic1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Misleading topic. it should be Igbos And Niger Delta Oil cheesy

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by kayfra: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
The fear of the sophisticated ones leads to paranoia.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr36r: 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
OP, you're definitely on point about these treacherous beings found in the South...

You see them wailing up and down as if they give a hoot about the welfare of Nigerdeltans whereas they are only concerned about the continual flow of free crude oil wealth to SW region. They display fake love with their lips but their hearts are as black as charcoal.

They shout, yell and curse, "you're destroying your land and polluting your waters" as if the land isn't already destroyed by them the parasites from far land.

Fine faces, ugly hearts pontificating as if they are angels of peace while they hide under the cover of darkness to perpetrate their evil acts and loot the treasury with reckless abandon.

They use their numerous media outfits and their professional lying lawyers and journalists to ensure that the political system is setup to breed distrust, jealousy and hatred even amongst clans to the extent that they, the foes, are readily embraced to shortchange brothers.

In the guise of sophistication they champion that the better South join them in their perpetual ass-licking profession of Kowtowing to the whims and caprices of their Northern masters. And so a system is established where bonafide heirs are reduced to slavish subjects who gleefully cheer their masters for giving them 13% oil derivation cum crumbs.
They take pleasure in seeing that Nigerdeltans resort to repeated rounds of ass-licking and begging for a meagre increase of the oil derivation at the expense of Resource Control.

These Yorubas and their cotravellers have been spreading their baseless propaganda that Igbos are desperately dragging Nigerdelta along because of their crude oil. The same Nigerdeltans whose freedom fighters are threatening war and retaliation for Biafrans killed in Onitsha. So, who's forcing who? Did Igbos force them at gun point to tag along with them?

https://www.nairaland.com/3150719/people-shouting-destroying-there-own-land

Yorubas propaganda was Igbos wants to steal Nigerdelta oil. Later Yorubas started shouting, "Niger Delta are killing igbo businesses".
Did Igbos complain to you? So why are Yorubas and their cotravellers drinking overdose panadol for another's headache?

Yorubas and their Northern masters even went to the extent of promising to wipe SE and SS people off the surface of the earth for not allowing the free oil to continue to flow to them.

The truth still remains that a good part of the Nigerdelta are Igbos, and there's no how they wouldn't relate with their kiths and kins in SE.

It's an open secret that for 102 years this fraudulent union has proved that it cannot work. Is not a fact that the Nigerian leadership has proved itself as incapable of being reasoned with?
Every now and then there have been one form of dialogue or the order yet the fire is still burning because the arrogant Northern oligarchy and their SW collaborators see divide-and-rule tactics as the means to continue plundering the people and cartering the crude oil wealth to go develop Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna and other parasitic States.

Over the decades they have systematically positioned and empowered themselves with unfair majority representation at every level of government including the judiciary and tge legislature. It's either other sane Nigerians follow their evil ways of tribalism, nepotism and favouritism or the highway!

A lie may travel for a thousand miles, but it takes just one step of truth to catch up with it. 

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly" - Albert Einstein

https://www.nairaland.com/3145467/only-listen-nnamdi-kanu-nigerdelta-avenger

https://www.nairaland.com/3140713/militants-back-pro-biafra-agitators-give-fg-june3-ultimatum

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 1:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
kayfra:
The fear of the sophisticated ones leads to paranoia.
COWADR

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by hundredhunndred: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
[s]
uduak2016:
Op....well said. This is why I dedicate my account to attacking them every day because I'm aware of their propaganda mercenary tendencies to disrupt other regions as Sen. Akpabio said. Most of them don't even know that former governor of Cross River Lyel Imoke is an Igbo man from Igbo speaking part of Cross River state. He even married an Igbo woman from Enugu. Yoruba...your time is over!
[/s]

Anambra man claiming SS, You were easily exposed recently but the shame you inherited from your family wont make you back down. We will be here to smash that big head of yours, change handles 100 times and we will always get you. Red mud villagers

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by hundredhunndred: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
hagmond1:
another rant from a fifth class citizen, so after all your stupid convulsion what do you want to do.
yeebos girls are known as prostitutes,baby factories output units.
mumu which useless eastern development is Yoruba scared off,what development can drug trafficking and gala sales bring?
most of your forefathers were educated in the west through free education policy financed by cocoa productions.

Ibos nowdays are frustrated and tired of being an 8th class citizen, reason they are looking for any means to destroy the country. Frustration and hatred for others is driving them mad.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
You yorubas can swarm this thread , i dont care! I have passed my message already.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
On point bro....

These yorubas are envious and it is that envy that will make them lose a lot from the greater south.

36xtr36r:
OP, you're definitely on point about these treacherous beings found in the South...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Ibos nowdays are frustrated and tired of being an 8th class citizen, reason they are looking for any means to destroy the country. Frustration and hatred for others is driving them mad.
until we Yorubas grant them independence,they will always remain the 8th class tribe in Nigeria.
even the ijaws and urhobos are regarded in Nigeria politics before yeebos.
they are just useful as asswipes.dazall

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by proxillin(m): 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
blackmatter007:
You yorubas can swarm this thread , i dont care! I have passed my message already.

Lolz..But why na.

But Yoruba's also have oil now...or Lagos and Ondo are on Niger delta? Our oyel

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Who is frustrated? As far as i am concerned, Yorubas are the frustrated ones, always meddling in the affairs of the niger-delta, is it our fault that igbos are indigenous to niger delta? Why the hate and unnecessary divide and rule?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by StOla: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
Another wailing session from a tribe that has felt miserable since 1966, and leading to much anguish up till 1970.

Let the Niger Delta worry about its oil, the Yorubas have oil and other sectors to worry about.

As for the Igbos, let them continue to worry about foisting a "we SS/SE" identity that the SS doesn't even regard. I don't envy the needy SE right now.

Some will soon come here to tell us how the Igbos are the majority tribe of the SS.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by jollymizzle(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2016
There exists an inherent rivalry between our various tribes in this country, and because of that everybody is trying to get ahead of the next tribe,while you may have noticed the existence of divide And conquer,I'm surprised you are just noticing it.actually I think you are consciously aware but you deliberately pretend to just recently noticed it.its the way it has been after our independence,and while you would mischievously want to degrade it as being evil by giving it the name 'divide and conquer',the appropriate name for it is simply 'POLITICS'.During gej's administration, the south east and south south went into a alliance,this alliance sought to edge out the south west and to a large extent it worked.this alliance tho was ill fated needless and to the discerning minds portend disaster ,being that the administration of goodluck jonathan came about not because of the alliance of ss and se at the polls ,but by the support of virtually all parts of Nigeria.we the south west voted gej.there was absolutely no reason to scheme us out of things. We supported a son of the south south and we stood by him.Now after being schemed out.it was clear we needed to strategize and that we did and the result led to the defeat of goodluck jonathan at the polls and the present administration of buhari after the third time of trying.in essence the keyword is politics, and of course the SE is also playing its own politics by trying their best to attach themselves to the ss.its not about hate for a tribe,its about forming alliances,reaching out to further your course. One thing I have come to notice is the unwillingness of the igbo to reach out to two major tribes mainly the hausa/Fulani in the north and the Yoruba in the south west.but the truth is they will need at least one to enable them attain their political goals. The secession option the south east would like to claim as their joker is not viable. We all know that Nigeria would have broken up if it was meant to be and the south south people have made it clear that if secession would happen they would seek to have their own Niger Delta confederation. So let everybody play politics to further his cause,and of course it doesn't have to be politics of hate because you would never know who you might need as an ally on the future.I hope that answers your question.
We should play politics with maturity as our democracy often referred to as nascent has come of age
God bless federal republic of Nigeira.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
StOla:
Another wailing session from a tribe that has felt miserable since 1966.

Let the Niger Delta worry about its oil, the Yorubas have oil and other sectors to worry about.

As for the Igbos, let them continue to worry about foisting a "we SS/SE" identity that the SS doesn't even regard. I don't envy the needy SE right now.

You dont just get it, we are not foisting anything, we are part and parcel of the niger delta.

The etches, ndokis, ikwerre, aniomas etc are all oil producing igbo groups located in the niger-delta.

What is wrong with you yorubas, why the hate and envy, what will you gain by doing this.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by StOla: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
hagmond1:
until we Yorubas grant them independence,they will always remain the 8th class tribe in Nigeria.
even the ijaws and urhobos are regarded in Nigeria politics before yeebos.
they are just useful as asswipes.dazall

They need the SS to grant them independence hence the subservience to the SS of late.
Or what is the use of a SE independence from Nigeria when the SS still ensures you are trapped within Nigeria?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
The worst thing that can happen to anybody is to be an igbo man

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
proxillin:

Lolz..But why na.

But Yoruba's also have oil now...or Lagos and Ondo are on Niger delta? Our oyel
Bros the thing just tire me sef. The largest Oil Refinery is currently under construction in Yorubaland yet these swines still say that the Yoruba's are Jealous of Niger Delta Oil. How can I be Jealous of fools who prefer blowing pipelines and chasing investors away from their region

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by blackmatter007: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Can you please be sincere with your answer to these questions i want to ask you.

If the north central were to secede, will the yorubas in kwara and kogi agree to join them?

Will the larger yoruba group leave their kit and kin to join the NC without the yorubas in kwara and kogi agreeing to join in their secession bid?

I asked these questions because of the bolded

jollymizzle:
There exists an inherent rivalry between our various tribes in this country, and because of that everybody is trying to get ahead of the next tribe,while you may have noticed the existence of divide And conquer,I'm surprised you are just noticing it.actually I think you are consciously aware but you deliberately pretend to just recently noticed it.its the way it has been after our independence,and while you would mischievously want to degrade it as being evil by giving it the name 'divide and conquer',the appropriate name for it is simply 'POLITICS'.During gej's administration, the south east and south south went into a alliance,this alliance sought to edge out the south west and to a large extent it worked.this alliance tho was ill fated needless and to the discerning minds portend disaster ,being that the administration of goodluck jonathan came about not because of the alliance of ss and se at the polls ,but by the support of virtually all parts of Nigeria.we the south west voted gej.there was absolutely no reason to scheme us out of things. We supported a son of the south south and we stood by him.Now after being schemed out.it was clear we needed to strategize and that we did and the result led to the defeat of goodluck jonathan at the polls and the present administration of buhari after the third time of trying.in essence the keyword is politics, and of course the SE is also playing its own politics by trying their best to attach themselves to the ss.its not about hate for a tribe,its about forming alliances,reaching out to further your course. One thing I have come to notice is the unwillingness of the igbo to reach out to two major tribes mainly the hausa/Fulani in the north and the Yoruba in the south west.but the truth is they will need at least one to enable them attain their political goals. The secession option the south east would like to claim as their joker is not viable. We all know that Nigeria would have broken up if it was meant to be and the south south people have made it clear that if secession would happen they would seek to have their own Niger Delta confederation. So let everybody play politics to further his cause,and of course it doesn't have to be politics of hate because you would never know who you might need as an ally on the future.I hope that answers your question.
We should play politics with maturity as our democracy often referred to as nascent has come of age
God bless federal republic of Nigeira.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
StOla:

They need the SS to grant them independence hence the subservience to the SS of late.
Or what is the use of a SE independence from Nigeria when the SS still ensures you are trapped within Nigeria?

You got it. It is the fear of becoming the "Lesotho" of Nigeria in the unlikely event they got Biafra.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by StOla: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
blackmatter007:

You dont just get it, we are not foisting anything, we are part and parcel of the niger delta.

The etches, ndokis, ikwerre, aniomas etc are all oil producing igbo groups located in the niger-delta.

What is wrong with you yorubas, why the hate and envy, what will you gain by doing this.

Hate and Envy?

What did you hope to gain by starting this thread?

And what are the oil rich Itshekiris to Yoruba? Are they not related Yoruba groups in the Niger Delta too.

But do you see Yorubas acting so needy of them?

Do you see Yorubas typing We SS/SW like you lot type SS/SE, despite having Edo and Delta and parts of Bayelsa as former Western Region?

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
StOla:

yeebos are just useless bingos tossed around by minorities in the south.
they've been having nightmares since gej lose.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by jollymizzle(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
blackmatter007:

calm down no one hates you,the ss isn't keen on secession, they only want to bring development to their region.stop disgracing your tribe by attcahing yourselves to ss.they have made it clear that even if secession would happen,they want Niger Delta confederation. That's not a Yoruba or hausa man's fault na.haba stop blaming other people for your inability to play politics right. You should have spent the time posting thrash all over the place to learn how its done as nd make better political decisions

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
If we decide to step on these ants now, dem go ban us

Just...

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo Delivers Lecture At Harvard (Photos) / Nigeria Donates $ 500 ,000 To Support Guinea Bissau Election / Hope Uzodinma Dares Governor Okorocha -“I Can Win IMO Without You”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.