Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil (21483 Views)

Update On Exercise Crocodile Smile II In The South West And Niger Delta / Buhari And Niger-Delta Dialogue Team Meet + What PMB Told Them - Photos / Buhari Begins Niger-Delta Oil Spill Cleaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by laudate: 10:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Calabar, Oct 12, (THEWILL) - Nigeria’s politicians of note have continued to identify with Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross River State and commiserate with him over the death of his mother, Mrs. Comfort Imoke.

Among those who called on Monday to condole with him at the Governor’s Lodge, Calabar, were the 2nd Republic Senate President, Senator Joseph Wayas (GCON) and the Chairman Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) and leader of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) South-South, Chief Tony Anenih.

Wayas, who called earlier, remarked that there are always two days in a man’s life and that he can testify that losing a mother is one of the most painful things in any body’s life, adding that "Mama is gone but her warmth shall live for ever" and thanked God that she lived old enough to see the fruit of her labour.

The elder statesman wished she should have stayed a bit longer but condoled Imoke that he should take heart as he has grown older while his mother had achieved her purpose on earth, explaining that he called personally, on behalf of himself, wife and members of his family, because the death is a great loss to the state as words sent through a letter would not be enough to express the grief.

Responding, Governor Imoke on behalf of the Imoke family, described Wayas as a distinguished leader of Nigeria noting that his visit and kind words would go a long way to soothe their feelings as they go through this period of bereavement while thanking God for the life of their mother.

Imoke said they would take comfort and solace from the visit which was a reflection of the life she lived and promised to keep him informed of the obsequies.

Chief Anenih said though there was no notice of her illness, he was happy that she lived a fulfilled life and that she brought up her children in an honourable manner, stating that it is the wish of every parent that their children should bury them.

Photo: Chief Tony Anenih speaking during his visit to condole with Governor Imoke on the demise of his mother.

Adding that she had a respectable person like Governor Liyel Imoke as son and that he is one of the two persons people always look up to for solutions when national issues are discussed, which he attributed to the upbringing he received from his mother.

The one time Minister of Works under President Olusegun Obasanjo as well as former Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT) PDP, who was accompanied by a two time Military Governor and former Minister of Defense, General Godwin Abbey, assured Imoke that they were behind him in his period of grief and that he should be informed of every detail of the obsequies to enable him brief President Goodluck Jonathan, saying that he expressed the sympathy of the leaders of South-South, leaders of Edo State and Abuja.

Governor Liyel Imoke in his response, described the visit as special because his mother was from Edo State and that the condolence from his in-laws was gratifying for the family because it is family and friends that give them the strength to bear the irreparable loss.

He thanked them for the visit and support and requested that they continue to keep the family in their prayers and that the Almighty should receive her souls.http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/36201/wayas-anenih-condole-with-imoke-over-mothers-demise.html

Liyel Imoke loses mother:
MOTHER of the governor of Cross River State, Mrs. Comfort Imoke (Nee Imoukhuede) is dead. She died in the early hours of yesterday at the age of 81. In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Liyel Imoke, Mr. Pat Ugbe, the deceased was described as a pioneer community and public healthcare delivery expert, who devoted her lifetime to serving her community. She is survived by six children. Her burial arrangement will be announced later by the family. http://www.nigeria70.com/nigerian_news_paper/liyel_imoke_loses_mother/278068

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
meccuno:
which of the two languages do you speak well... And if you speak igbo,which igbo dialect do u speak. Studying in uniport doesn't make u an authority on matters like these. I studied in Ife. Osun state and I have a friend who is close to the culture of the area. When I need info, he tells me about the history of the land and other things that even other yorubas who aren't from the state would not know. You are studying, while he has an inlaw who is the ikwerri person. Am sure the people you asked might be young dudes who are probably in their teens or early 20s

I beg ur pardon, my younger sister is not even in her teens talk more of me, my 3years here is not just to get my B. in edu, but to learn about other peoples culture and way of life. If not, Osogbo to OAU is just 250naira, so I would have not bother myself to come here to learn.

My primary and Secondary school was in that same Osun to talked about. The reason y I am is not just my degree.

What I have said so far is from my Ikwere frnds and not my words. I never said they do not have links with Igbo, but what I said was that, the present Ikwere mentality now is that they stand on their own despite that their languages is similar with Igbo. So I know what I have said so far .

All dis people down here are all Ikwere.

Thier language is more or less Igbo, but yet they will tell you they are not Igbo.

Elechi Amadi, writer

Emmanuel Onunwor, former Mayor of
East Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Chibuike Amaechi, former Governor of
Rivers State

Obi Wali , Writer, Politician and Minority rights activist

Tonto Dikeh , Actress, Musician

Celestine Omehia,former Governor of
Rivers State

Monalisa Chinda, Actress

Duncan Mighty, Musician

Ezenwo Nyesom Wike , Current Governor of Rivers State

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by IamAtribalist: 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
jneutron4000:
even the world knows that igbos are evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amxzxA3chMk

Chai I just watched this Youtube clip: THESE RED MUD PEOPLE HAVE TARNISHED NIGERIA'S IMAGE BEYOND REPAIR. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by hundredhunndred: 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
blackmatter007:

Who is frustrated? As far as i am concerned, Yorubas are the frustrated ones, always meddling in the affairs of the niger-delta, is it our fault that igbos are indigenous to niger delta? Why the hate and unnecessary divide and rule?

You are just a typical noise making erosion dwellers, frustration will just make you kill yourself over nothing, while others continue with there life. You jobless oaf open a useless thread even when your cursed land contributes nothing but crime to the country. What a shameless cretin.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by scholes0(m): 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
IamAtribalist:

Chai I just watched this Youtube clip: THESE RED MUD PEOPLE HAVE TARNISHED NIGERIA'S IMAGE BEYOND REPAIR. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The funniest part is that they are the number one people complaining about Nigeria's battered international image. How ironic, because they are the ones responsible for no less than 80% of our negative press abroad.

I was having a discussion with an American friend here a while ago and he asked where I was from. I said Nigeria, and the next thing he said was and I quote: "OMG, I can tell that you are not Ibo" .... I asked what he meant and he said My ambiance and carriage was totally different from all the other Igbo Nigerians he had met, that I wasn't unnecessarily Arrogant and immaturely boisterous.
I just shook my head.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
scholes0:

The funniest part is that they are the number one people complaining about Nigeria's battered international image. How ironic, because they are the ones responsible for no less than 80% of our negative press abroad.

I was having a discussion with an American friend here a while ago and he asked where I was from. I said Nigeria, and the next thing he said was and I quote: "OMG, I can tell that you are not Ibo" .... I asked what he meant and he said My ambiance and carriage was totally different from all the other Igbo Nigerians he had met, that I wasn't unnecessarily Arrogant and immaturely boisterous.
I just shake my head.

Is it not stupidity for Yorubas to be fighting tooth and nail to share a country with these same Igbos?

Multitude of Igbos have maintained that they are not interested in sharing a country with murderous parasites cum treacherous backst*bbers.

You lots should channel your negative energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic. Leave Igbos out of your miseries.
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by scholes0(m): 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
36xtr69r:

Is is not stupidity for Yorubas to be fighting tooth and nail to share a country with thsee same Igbos?

Multitude of Igbos have maintained that they are not interested in sharing a country with murderous parasites cum treacherous backst*bbers.

You lots should channel your negative energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic. Leave Igbos out of your miseries.

LOL... How are Yorubas stopping you from getting your own country?
Why are the actions of your people in Nigeria in direct contrast with your online rants?
You guyz keep shouting we want Biafra everyday, Yet more and more of your people are making Lagos, Akure, Abeokuta, Ilorin etc their permanent abodes. Na for inside Lagos wuna go get your Biafra?

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
scholes0:

LOL... How are Yorubas stopping you from getting your own country?
Why are the actions of your people in Nigeria in direct contrast with your online rants?

A group of confused beings who are barely existing cannot dictate to another on how to go about self-determination.

You don't need to feign ignorance of the shameless manner many Yorubas run amok on every available media page with anti-Biafr* slogans, earning a living on pay-per-post basis, just to attempt to quench the call for self-determination by Igbos...
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by scholes0(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
36xtr69r:

A group of confused beings who are barely existing cannot dictate to another on how to go about self-determination.

You don't need to feign ignorance of the manner Yorubas run amok on every available media page with anti-Biafr* slogans, earning a living on pay-per-post basis, just to attempt to quench the call for self-determination by Igbos...

Honestly, I don't blame them.
When all you people do all day is discussing Yoruba "piom piom piom piom piom" like jobless teenage girls, so Those Yorubas are also giving you the attention you so much love to feed fat on.....

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
scholes0:
Honestly, I don'tblame them.
When all you people do all day is discussing Yoruba "piom piom piom piom piom" like jobless teenage girls, so Those Yorubas are also giving you the attention you so much love to feed fat on.....

Now you're prevaricating...

Well, I quite understand your drift that you Yorubas make careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

Just check the number of threads being created on NL alone by Yorubas just because they are scared stiff of being left behind with their Northern masters.
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
SlayerSupreme:
HARD FACTS.
Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Is an Igbo {Ibe from delta} not the Petroleum minister for State? - Buhari(GCFR).

Bayelsa an Ijaw territory has a lot of Igbo speakers.

Asaba boys {staunch Igbo Biafrans} in ND threw men of the NPF into river Niger on May 30.

Etche {pronounced ichie} in Rivers are proud Igbos.

We're being marginalized - Igbo community in Benue.

A few HARD FACTS. Don't live a life of an ostrich.

Come Rivers State, especially go Ogoni, Eleme, Sakpenwa, Khana, Bori and call them Igbo, ur head na suya that nite

Out of 23 local govt in Rivers, more than half said they are not Igbos, how many local can u claim in Delta Only few.

So the majority will allow minority wey Una get merge them with Una?? ?

Maybe you did not know that Wike sent his boys(security) to arrest those that protested for Biafra in Rivers State.
Biafra is Igbo and majority here are not Igbo.
https://www.naij.com/698260-need-read-governor-wike-biafran-agitators.html

I guess you are not aware that Delta State govt said they are not part of una despite una yeye link with them

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/not-part-biafra-says-delta-ssg/

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Giyerte:

Come Rivers State, especially go Ogoni, Eleme, Sakpenwa, Khana, Bori and call them Igbo, ur head na suya that nite

Stop twisting comments to suit Yoruba narratives, propaganda and lies.

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with anything Yoruboid or Edoid. This is a free world of free of association, Yorubas can therefore merge themselves with those groups you mentioned.

Leave Igbos out of your miseries.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Talentprince(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
Am ikwerre frm rivers nd everytim i remember dat am igbo i dont feel happy but joy overflow me cos being an igbo z the greastest gift my parents gave me.......

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:07am On Jun 13, 2016
Talentprince:
Am ikwerre frm rivers nd everytim i remember dat am igbo i dont feel happy but joy overflow me cos being an igbo z the greastest gift my parents gave me.......

Na only una dey d state

The other tribe that have no links with igbos are saying they don't want to be part of una or na by force

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by scholes0(m): 12:07am On Jun 13, 2016
36xtr69r:

Now you're prevaricating...

Well, I quite understand your drift that you Yorubas make careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

Just check the number of threads being created on NL alone by Yorubas just because they are scared stiff of being left behind with their Northern masters.

You are not a serious person. If not, you would have looked inwards and asked yourself why Your people sit on their asses all day and blame "Yolobas" for all their problems and misfortunes in life
Are Yorubas responsible for Ikwerre people not wanting to be Igbo? even if a Yoruba regards all of them as "Omo Ibo".... Some among them will still make it a point to caution the person making the mistake and educating him/her about their own separate identity. That is how it has been.

But you people just love to make Yorubas the reason for all your woes. It is easier that way. "Let us just blame Yoloba" and forget about the actual causes.
I don't have the same amount of senseless dedication as you do anyways, because I have seen you replying every single comment since the earlier pages of this thread... Ain't got that much time on my sleeves, even if you still reply me, this might very well be our last exchange.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:10am On Jun 13, 2016
36xtr69r:

Stop twisting comments to suit Yoruba narratives, propaganda and lies.

Igbos are not interested in sharing a country with anything Yoruboid or Edoid. This is a free world of free of association, Yorubas can therefore merge themselves with those groups you mentioned.

Leave Igbos out of your miseries.

Taaaaaaaaaaa, I say dapada.

We will never be part of una, na Una people dey claim lag coz it is better than Una side.

Abi u Don see a Yoruba man dey claim Enugu or Anambra

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 12:16am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:

Taaaaaaaaaaa, I say dapada.

We will never be part of una, na Una people dey claim lag coz it is better than Una side.

Abi u Don see a Yoruba man dey claim Enugu or Anambra

C'mon, get out and go play with your mates in the sand of squalor and penury!

Useless, lying hypocrites everywhere in Wasteland...

See one of the vital reasons Yorubas desparately want Easterners to remain in this fraudulent union with them - a true confession from a Yoruba Christian: https://www.nairaland.com/2645916/igbos-reason-nigeria-never-split-jayfolarin:

"...I have to say this though, I believe the igbos create a sort of religion balance in the Nigerian system. This is very needed in the system as Nigeria will most likely be an islamic state without the igbos' major Christian population. I am a yoruba christain and will certainly not be comfortable with having the North and southwest as a country together without the inclusion of the Igbos. There are a reasonable number of Muslims in Yorubaland and I know that a southwest + North-only country will have the number of Muslims overshadow the Christians. The Islam religion with its usually overbearing tendencies (sorry) will want to lord it over minority Christians. I certainly won't be comfortable with this and i'm sure a lot of Yoruba christains won't be too. I seriously don't want to experience what it could be like for Nigeria without the Igbos.

... Nobody is going anywhere!!!"

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 12:23am On Jun 13, 2016
scholes0:

You are not a serious person. If not, you would have looked inwards and asked yourself why Your people sit on their asses all day and blame "Yolobas" for all their problems and misfortunes in life
Are Yorubas responsible for Ikwerre people not wanting to be Igbo? even if a Yoruba regards all of them as "Omo Ibo".... Some among them will still make it a point to caution the person making the mistake and educating him/her about their own separate identity. That is how it has been.

But you people just love to make Yorubas the reason for all your woes. It is easier that way. "Let us just blame Yoloba" and forget about the actual causes.
I don't have the same amount of senseless dedication as you do anyways, because I have seen you replying every single comment since the earlier pages of this thread... Ain't got that much time on my sleeves, even if you still reply me, this might very well be our last exchange.

Slimy creature, what correlation has Igbos seeking to have a separate existence from Yorubas got to do with the Ikwerre issue?

Read this comment from a Nigerdeltan about your people and ruminate on it as you lay down to rest...

Here's a message from a Nigerdeltan to the shameless parasites in the South:

WombRaiders:
Yoruba wants one Nijeriya because they are afraid of having us in the better south ( ND and SE) Leave them alone with ab0ki.

It is not just a matter of financial exigency but a matter of survival.

For all the hatred they show towards the Ibos, the Yoruba needs the Ibo to thwart any jihad from the north.

So to my Ibo brothers and sisters, what I can conclude from this yoruba madness and obsession towards Biafr@ movement is actually shrouded in deep fear of being left alone with their northern masters.

Adeboye will be converted to Islam. Tunde Bakare will return back to Islam.

The Yoruba is actually throwing tantrums over Biafr@ because they need YOU IBOS to remain to protect them just as they need us in the ND to keep feeding them.

The Yoruba is an ingrate coward!

:
Seed of defiance.

You can not undo God's wrath. For to long you bastards have lived off the blood of the innocent. You sat back and watched the killing of innocent christians in the hands of your bokos and used it for political gain.

Now, GOD will reward you bastards with His vengence.

Nemesis is coming and by this time next year a Christian Republic will rise from the Bight of Biafr*.

:
You can keep labelling me an ibo and making every excuse for your inconsequential existence on ibos but the truth remains that the ND and SE will not subsidize you no more.

KEEP BELIEVING IN THE FACADE CALLED ONE NIJIRIYA 

SLAVE

https://www.nairaland.com/2730005/last-least-yoruba-punk-assess

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by SlayerSupreme: 12:24am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:

Out of 23 local govt in Rivers, more than half said they are not Igbos, how many local can u claim in Delta Only few.

So the majority will allow minority wey Una get merge them with Una?? ?

Maybe you did not know that Wike sent his boys(security) to arrest those that protested for Biafra in Rivers State.
Biafra is Igbo and majority here are not Igbo.
https://www.naij.com/698260-need-read-governor-wike-biafran-agitators.html

I guess you are not aware that Delta State govt said they are not part of una despite una yeye link with them

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/not-part-biafra-says-delta-ssg/
Bia Yoruba boy are you going blind? Did you see Ogoni,Eleme or Bori in my write-up? And you claim to be in Uni,still you're struggling with a little write-up. Wike is Ikwerre. Did I mention Ikwerre in my HARD FACTS?
Did you even see Biafra in anything I wrote?
Delta state government released some bullshit. So? Did I ever say "Delta state" is Biafra?
Are you high?
Which one is yeye-link again,Yoruba boy are you running mad?
Yoruba boy,you want to drag with me on if there are Igbos in Asaba or not? Take time. Better learn to read and comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by SlayerSupreme: 12:30am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:

Na only una dey d state

The other tribe that have no links with igbos are saying they don't want to be part of una or na by force
Now you're arguing with an Ikwerre who accepts being Igbo. A Yoruba boy o? Chai.
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:39am On Jun 13, 2016
36xtr69r:

C'mon, get out and go play with your mates in the sand of squalor and penury!

Useless, lying hypocrites everywhere in Wasteland...

See one of the vital reasons Yorubas desparately want Easterners to remain in this fraudulent union with them - a true confession from a Yoruba Christian: https://www.nairaland.com/2645916/igbos-reason-nigeria-never-split-jayfolarin:

"...I have to say this though, I believe the igbos create a sort of religion balance in the Nigerian system. This is very needed in the system as Nigeria will most likely be an islamic state without the igbos' major Christian population. I am a yoruba christain and will certainly not be comfortable with having the North and southwest as a country together without the inclusion of the Igbos. There are a reasonable number of Muslims in Yorubaland and I know that a southwest + North-only country will have the number of Muslims overshadow the Christians. The Islam religion with its usually overbearing tendencies (sorry) will want to lord it over minority Christians. I certainly won't be comfortable with this and i'm sure a lot of Yoruba christains won't be too. I seriously don't want to experience what it could be like for Nigeria without the Igbos.

... Nobody is going anywhere!!!"

Do you know what is call Religion balance at all?

The only place you see Balance of Religion in Nigeria is Yoruba States.

Go to North, the gov and deputy will be muslim with all the cabinet.

Go to South South and South East the cabinet are Christians.

But come to South Western States, if the Gov is a Muslim the deputy must be a Christian and vice versa. check dir cabinets too and see balancing in Religion.

Pastor Adeboye's village is in Osun, Pastor Kumuyi's village is in Osun, and dis people villages are close to Ile Ife where we have 201 gods that is been worshiped dir, the state get many Islamic cleric in Iwo, Oshogbo and Ede.

Iman go buy time on air preach, Pastor go buy time preach and you will see a Babalawo too on Osun Stare Broadcasting Corporation TV dey do ein own WIthout problem.

Tell me, despite all dis different beliefs, have u hear them killing each other

Christian no wan see Muslim in South South and South East, Muslim no wan see Christian in North but come to YORUBA LAND, WE WILL EMBRACE YOU COZ WE HAVE LEARNT TO TOLORATE EACH OTHER AND THAT WILL KEEP PEACE IN OUR STATES.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:42am On Jun 13, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Now you're arguing with an Ikwerre who accepts being Igbo. A Yoruba boy o? Chai.

What about my Ikwere frnds wey no accept
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:46am On Jun 13, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Bia Yoruba boy are you going blind? Did you see Ogoni,Eleme or Bori in my write-up? And you claim to be in Uni,still you're struggling with a little write-up. Wike is Ikwerre. Did I mention Ikwerre in my HARD FACTS?
Did you even see Biafra in anything I wrote?
Delta state government released some bullshit. So? Did I ever say "Delta state" is Biafra?
Are you high?
Which one is yeye-link again,Yoruba boy are you running mad?
Yoruba boy,you want to drag with me on if there are Igbos in Asaba or not? Take time. Better learn to read and comprehend.

I didn't see them In ur write up but you are speaking as if they are part of Igbos. Dis people in ur state are not ready to join Una, so stop talking as if all Rivers State wey I dey type from now now are all related to Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by SlayerSupreme: 12:47am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:

What about my Ikwere frnds wey no accept
When the time comes everyone will choose where he wants to call his country. Nigeria or wierefa...

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by 36xtr69r: 12:50am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:
...Tell me, despite all dis different beliefs, have u hear them killing each other

Christian no wan see Muslim in South South and South East, Muslim no wan see Christian in North but come to YORUBA LAND, WE WILL EMBRACE YOU COZ WE HAVE LEARNT TO TOLORATE EACH OTHER AND THAT WILL KEEP PEACE IN OUR STATES.

Remember, immediately after Nigeria Independence Yorubaland was immersed in a political turmoil which aggravated to 'Operation Wetie' where human beings were burnt alive alongside their properties. The gladiators were Akintola and Awolowo.
The arson and killings continued until the military boys struck a coup in January 15, 1966.

Read this also:

"By the time the Europeans came, even the Yoruba people, did not even learn how to live with each other, they were fighting and all over the north, they were fighting everywhere, there were tribal wars."
I just remember only recently the Yoruba leaders said they want to break, break from where. The Yoruba are probably the people who economically enjoy Nigeria more than anybody, economically. So why are they going?"
 - Mallam Adamu Ciroma
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:51am On Jun 13, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

When the time comes everyone will choose where he wants to call his country. Nigeria or wierefa...

We shall see, Biafra will have dir states and Niger Delta will have dirs too.

PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by SlayerSupreme: 12:52am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:

I didn't see them In ur write up but you are speaking as if they are part of Igbos. Dis people in ur state are not ready to join Una, so stop talking as if all Rivers State wey I dey type from now now are all related to Igbos.

Bro,those HARD FACTS are unquestionable. Don't carry Igbo matter on your head like gala,you're a Yoruba boy. Such things make Yoruba look shameless. Shalom.
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2016
36xtr69r:

Remember, immediately after Nigeria Independence Yorubaland was immersed in a political turmoil which aggravated to 'Operation Wetie' where human beings were burnt alive alongside their properties. The gladiators were Akintola and Awolowo.
The arson and killing continued until the military boys struck a coup in January 15, 1966.

Read this also:

"By the time the Europeans came, even the Yoruba people, did not even learn how to live with each other, they were fighting and all over the north, they were fighting everywhere, there were tribal wars."
I just remember only recently the Yoruba leaders said they want to break, break from where. The Yoruba are probably the people who economically enjoy Nigeria more than anybody, economically. So why are they going?"
 - Mallam Adamu Ciroma

Is political turmoil and Religious clashes the same thing

Political turmoil is Everywhere.
We no dey kill for Religion.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by SlayerSupreme: 12:58am On Jun 13, 2016
Giyerte:

We shall see, Biafra will have dir states and Niger Delta will have dirs too.

PERIOD.
Yorubas just want a situation where Igbos will suffer so they feel detaching ND will spell doom for Igbos. It's okay. The holy Father knows I don't even want ND self. I support their republic full time..
. Lest I forget,Yoruba will have their Cocoa emirate too. Shalom.
Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 12:59am On Jun 13, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Bro,those HARD FACTS are unquestionable. Don't carry Igbo matter on your head like gala,you're a Yoruba boy. Such things make Yoruba look shameless. Shalom.

I am just laughing ryt now.

Don't go to Ogoni in Rivers and tell them they are part of Igbos sha o. Lol. If u try am ehn Ur head go roll. I have them plenty in my hostel in Uniport and they no wan here am at all.

Nice chatting with you bro. One love.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by Giyerte(m): 1:00am On Jun 13, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Yorubas just want a situation where Igbos will suffer so they feel detaching ND will spell doom for Igbos. It's okay. The holy Father knows I don't even want ND self. I support their republic full time..
. Lest I forget,Yoruba will have their Cocoa emirate too. Shalom.

Lol. plus our new oil in Lagos. Peace bro.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil by IamAtribalist: 1:02am On Jun 13, 2016
scholes0:

I just shake my head.

cool As in...the vast majority of the mistreatment Nigerians get abroad (especially when entering other countries) is connected to their behavioral stench. When they call Nigeria a zoo what they forget to mention is that THEY are the ANIMALS in the zoo cool

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano Threatens To Slap Critics Of Vegetable Scam - Sahara Reporter / Fulani Herdsmen: Nigerians Misunderstood What I Meant By Cattle Colonies – Ogbeh / Mammoth Crowd As Alao-akala Launches Campaign In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.