Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (15899 Views)

Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / How To Convert Video And Transfer It To Sony Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by rilow212: 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
Something of this nature is inevitable.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
you mean inevitable that sony will paint a whole country as a bunch of criminals?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sayit2dem: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2009
Quote from: nex on September 08, 2009, 10:15 AM
Not good enough! Unless they're still believing that this AD came about by mistake.

First, the Federal Government should cancel the contract for the Refurbishing of NTA OB Vans. Directly or indirectly, this takes millions of dollars off the pocket of Sony.
Secondly, an embargo should be placed on all Sony goods coming into the country.
You don't come at this kind of disrespect with long words.

I somewhat agree with your opinion but i'm also thinking of the importers of Sony branded products who happen to be Nigerians.

Do they go out of pocket because we are trying to teach Sony a lesson?

Well All I know is that NOKIA would never do such a stupid mistake!! so what about Nigerian importers? Haven't they heard of NOKIA? by the way there are tons of other brands!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2009
no marketer will go out of pocket because of sony. there are other better products
than sony and people will buy those alternatives.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Dave6: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
This is one company insulting a whole country because they think the citizens cannot even stay together in peace; and the people of the government are just a bunch of no-gooders who only know how to steal and loot currencies that they and their forefathers have never seen.

For us to further add more insults to ourselves, our minister just dey talk wetin I no know; dey demand for apology. A Federal Republic dey demand apology from one privately-owned company after serious worldwide accusation and insult. They for even arrange official visit go sony for reconciliation talks.
Make one Nigerian company or even the federal govt. try that kin stunt see wetin go happen!
And I sure say dem go still form on top even if they go apologise.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2009
all of them na yeye! grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by okcharly: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2009
Men, you can not be be serious in any way, tell me what is Mrs. dora rebranding a wasted or hopeless country we need this kind of criticizism from the outside world to show nigerians that nigeria is in a deplorable state, i myself hav'nt seen the advert but whatever it is kudos SONY sad
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
really?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by peruso: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
nex:

Not good enough! Unless they're still believing that this AD came about by mistake.

First, the Federal Government should cancel the contract for the Refurbishing of NTA OB Vans. Directly or indirectly, this takes millions of dollars off the pocket of Sony.

Secondly, an embargo should be placed on all Sony goods coming into the country.

You don't come at this kind of disrespect with long words.

seconded again and again and again,

let them dare one day and insult the Jews or gays or the chinese or even the afgans,  am sure they wont do that yet they sit down in a review  meeting and vet an advert that de-fame a whole nation,   (AND I'M SURE THEY JUST LAUGH IT OFF)

i totally agree that they shouldn't be let off so easily
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nigerd(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2009
I think Sony is right, they did not minced words in the adverts, we in this forum might just in the spirit of re branding wants to project our country , while we are the tail end of the suffering, are the leaders not looting TAX payers funds?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
ok. that's right. we will also do the right thing by boycotting their products!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by KpopHam(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2009
. . speaking of better alternatives, I think the Nintendo Wii is still a leader in that market space even with a decreasing market share from 52 to 42 percent.

I say we give Nintendo more leverage (an unfair advantage) if you will, in 'our' regional market. Let's see how Sony's bottom line will look then. I am sure it will give a whole new meaning to the rhetoric; "how do you like me now?" or better still "who's your daddy now?" grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
that's the more reason why they cut their price down to $299. they're desperate
to regain market share and think they can ride on anti-nigerian sentiments to
get themselves there. sore losers! angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 5:25am On May 30, 2011
LMAO @ the 'outrage'. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help Installing Pes 17 / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.