Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (15895 Views)

Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / How To Convert Video And Transfer It To Sony Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
I just bought my PS3. $299 pere plus 4.85% sales tax. The nigerian millionaire pitch was what convinced me. Sue me for buying.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mayordee(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
must_a_far:

I just bought my PS3. $299 pere plus 4.85% sales tax. The nigerian millionaire pitch was what convinced me. Sue me for buying.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
must_a_far:

Which yeye sue?? We are starting an online petition against you. tongue
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2009
must_a_far:

Someone suggested we send MEND to deal with the likes of SONY. When they are done, we will send them your way!!! SELL OUT!!! grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by utotomixxx(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
everything SONY said about Nigeria is true. Why are nigerians denying who they are. In the Bible when God banned the demons and flung them down to earth, I believe they all landed in Nigeria and took the form of politicians and military rulers.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
I am the self appointed Sony rep for NL. I hear someone talking of petition. That one no go do o.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
Kobojunkie, if only they could have MEND live up to their name and help force positive change in nigeria instead of catching headlines for kidnapping 2year old babies of their neighbors.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2009
must_a_far:

Kobojunkie, if only they could have MEND live up to their name and help force positive change in nigeria instead of catching headlines for kidnapping 2year old babies of their neighbors.

In a land where we seem to hold all outsiders to greater standards than we hold our own politicians, children and even relatives, why would you expect an organization like MEND(a Nigerian NGO, by the way) to live up to it’s chosen name, rather than continue in it's current path of mayhem and chopping of it's own share of the national cake as many before it has done in the past?

I demand you be sentenced to 99 strokes of the koboko for such attrocius thinking!! What insult? You need to apologize to every Nigerian for such nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

In a land where we seem to hold all outsiders to greater standards than we hold our own politicians, children and even relatives, why would you expect an organization like MEND(a Nigerian NGO, by the way) to live up to it’s chosen name, rather than continue in it's current path of mayhem and chopping of it's own share of the national cake as many before it has done in the past?

I demand you be sentenced to 99 strokes of the koboko for such attrocius thinking!! What insult? You need to apologize to every Nigerian for such nonsense!

AGREED! so long they allow me put ababio textbooks in my sokoto. by the way 2 for each side of my behind. grin and while they are at it, i'll be playing 'seek and arrest the yahoo yahoo boys' on my brand new PS3.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by naijaway(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
Instead of the fg to ignore sony and rededicate their effort to drastically minimizing corruption, they are acting as if what was said is off from no where. Instead of yar adua or any other high government offical or governor to give inspirational speeches to students across the nation they are busy stealing and accusing sony of watever. Instead of them to start rededicating their effort so that ASUU can come back from strike and try doing some fractions of the national infrastructure, they are busy complaining of sony. Nigeria has prooved her maximum stupidity and it is too sad. I just left Naija, and the way people think backwards or should i say without foresight (not all but many) is scary. The nation even if broken down to 1 house for a country is still backward and i mean very backward. People look up to government for everything and right in their face, the government bullshits and is sony that will bear the brunt. Sony, does not really sell in naija for any ignorant person's information. My advice to you is to ignore sony if you can but if you like ban heaven and hell, it would not affect sony, when you can't buy their original new stuffs.
Nigeria we need to grow up, we need to grow up above tribalism, above wide spread ignorance and arrogance,  above pitiful ways, above irresponsibility, above hate, above the current situation, above petty ways of living. It doesn't matter if u'r in naija or not. Nigeria is a very ill nation at this moment in history and regardless of any premature or premeditated amputation, she is very sick because the diagnostics focus are not right. God have mercy on the Nigerian populace, wide spread ignorance has become a norm from the top to the bottom. How many times does yar adua make speeches in schools or from schools instead of oba palaces and govt houses. Our nation is detrioriating very fast and another generation are acting as kids soon to accoplish nothing for the next generation. I don't know what to say anymore except am acquiring what i need to in other to prepare for the future and if u have acquired urs why wait for exclusiveness.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
Oh my gosh!!! Dude, that would be awesome. I mean a game on seeking and arresting yahoo yahoo boys!!! That game go sell ooo. Our gang of NAIRALAND PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS can, after spending hours playing the game come in here to tell us how we are unpatriotic for not playing the game and helping catch Yahoo Yahoo boyz in game world.  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Better still a game of SHOOT the UNPATRIOTIC NIGERIANS. . . .
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2009
if only i was a gaming software developer. na idea to make millions be that o. imagine the simulation and things, the sequel would include how to rat out our friends who are into yahoo yahoo sturves. then if i decide to aim high, i would have how to demand for votes to count. organizing protests, following up on protests, making sure protests count and stuff. but alas im just an unpatriotic nigerian in the diaspora who hasnt been to naija n the past 6months and thus doesnt know wats going on in naija who got inspired to buy the PS3 by a TV Ad from sony.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
roflmao!!! Ol' boy . . . before you disappear your head in to lala land. Make you try bring yourself down to the real world. . . yeah. . . . where it is likely to most of the boys wey go dey play your game go get am from black market dubs. So, this ya tale of making millions . . . e get as e be!!! roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
yes now, i'll advertise it with the face of Dora the rebrander. you know anything she touches turns to . . . .
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
Roflmao!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by donclemo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
Dora don talk finish una wan kill una selves if to see una dey see una self i guess say somepeople for don break bottle dey fight each other wetin they pain me b say Dora no dey hear una Sony self no dey hear una
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by geniusbami(m): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
All Nigerians, and indeed all Africans must see what Sony Corporation just did as an eye opener! It exposes the averse Japan, and indeed the entire so-called developed countries have for the countries THEY call 'underdeveloped' or in a modest and modern phrase, 'developing' countries, especially from Africa.

They would do anything to keep our industries down, economy bad, our environment unfriendly and degraded, our government unstable and without direction, our people in perpetual poverty and discouraged so that they can spit us out after sucking every goodness that can be derived from us. They take our oil and destroy the environment that gave them the oil, experiment drugs on our people, dump toxins and all forms of auto, electrical and industrial waste in our country. After turning us to scavengers of sorts they turn us back at their embassies as detestable creatures for whom the goodness of this world is not fit. They want to make us, our country and our Government their proverbial laboratory mice. This inhuman trend must be resisted by all, otherwise, it can only get worse.

A little blame to them though, greater blame to our leaders who sold us cheap to them for as long as we could remember. During the slave trade era, a brother would sell his own kin and blood to the white men for a material reward. What we see today is no different in principle: people in Government can afford to overlook any havoc the whites do against fellow Africans so the aids and assistance from them don't suffer.

I think it's a new and welcome development therefore, to see the people in Government standing up for the country's and her people's image. The re-branding efforts of the honourable Minister of Information and Communications just got a whole new meaning to me. It is a re-branding efforts not only aimed at trying to change the view the whole world has of Nigerians and Nigeria, it is also aimed at stopping the whites from telling us who they want us to think we are, but rather objectively assessing ourselves and projecting our real image to the whole world.

To the Honourable Minister: the rebranding effort should see our leaders placing a great value on its citizens, anywhere they are found on the globe. When Nigerians are denied their fundamental human rights, according to the laws of the land they go, Nigerian Government should be seen helping to enforce their rights. When Nigerians are being tried for one crime or the other outside the country, Nigerian Government should explore diplomatic means of making them face the law in their own country, instead of the open shame and disgrace trying them outside the country brings on Nigeria.

Like America says: "Never underestimate the power of one".
Long live Nigeria. Peace and Unity.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by fischer014: 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
what Sony did was bad, even if there are scammers in Nigeria, was it their duty to tell the whole world, their products should be banned, as they one spoil business for guys make FG spoil their own too
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by 3kay945(m): 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
i cant forsake my heaven just becos i want 2be patriotic, sony ve said d truth. i personally adore d bitterness of TRUTH. tongue
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by cicero(m): 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with the advert, instead I see a whole lot wrong with Nigerians here and elsewhere condemning the advert, is the advert bad because it told the truth about a nation that cant control crime because it's leaders and law enforcement agents are criminals? Shouldn't we be rather worried that we (our leaders and all) have lost reputation to the point that sony went ahead to publish the advert?

As for this actress called Dora, I reserve my comment.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by assetstrip(m): 11:55pm On Sep 08, 2009
The Sony advert goes out of its way to malign Nigerians, Period. Nigerians are one of the largest consumers of electrical goods and so Sony should have been more sensitive in portraying us that way. I personally believe we should stop taking bullsh*t from organizations, countries or whoever. We need to start demanding respect. Not all Naijas are 419 so why should outsiders/ foreigners constantly get away with putting Nigerians down. There are lots of countries that have negative aspects but would not accept constant putdowns and stereotyping like we do. I say f**k Sony and make them remove the offending advert pronto!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Czarskit(m): 12:02am On Sep 09, 2009
utotomixxx:

everything SONY said about Nigeria is true. Why are nigerians denying who they are. In the Bible when God banned the demons and flung them down to earth, I believe they all landed in Nigeria and took the form of politicians and military rulers.

Seriously?

must_a_far:

Congrats!!!

stagger:

I AM SO SICKENED THAT NO ONE TALKS ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE BERNIE MADOFF! OR KENNETH LAY. OR JEFF SKILLING.

Or the Worldcom guy (what's his name again)?

We all know that a lot of substandard goods are made in China. WHy did they not direct ads negatively profiling China? They know very well that if they try it, China will blow them off the world map with their nuclear weapons.

Or let them try negatively profiling radical Islam and see what would happen. Sony's executives would be lucky not to have a Fatwa placed on them.

They just pick on countries like ours who can't do much but give slaps on the wrist. A big shame!

Sony should go and burn in hell. I am done buying their products! angry

I pray. . .
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by patorini(m): 12:09am On Sep 09, 2009
and somebody called that a response! hmm,
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by innoman: 12:44am On Sep 09, 2009
It s an obvious fact that we have many bad eggs in this country bt there is no justification whosoever in this sheer  disdainful act  by this white racist corporation "SONY" .  
Is it right for Sony to flood the internet with such a derogatory and degrading ad on a country of morethan 150 million people just because they(Sony)  want to give publicity to a new product which Nigerians would equally buy? To me, this is d highest level of disrespect on any country.
I am not a scammer, my parents are not and so are many others. There are many Good Nigerians that deserve the respect of Sony. Let us all say no this type of act. Nigeria is our country, whether we like it or not. lets work to rid the nation of the bad elements and say no to any  form of disdain borne out of sheer racism or class.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by skylooh(m): 12:45am On Sep 09, 2009
see fu ck up men  sony f%ck up !!

How dare sony call all nigerians scammers how dare they take shi t paint all nigerians ? libel big libel
thunder fire sony  4 there. infact fire burn all thier equipments  angry  angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by maedan(f): 12:49am On Sep 09, 2009
What a stupid move by Sony, making fun of a country whose citizens constitute a fraction of their customers. If it was possible for all Nigerians to boycott the buying of this game, I know they would, just to spite Sony. Anyway, it's a cross we have to bear due to our notoriety. But I still think Sony played a stupid stunt angry.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by spoilt(f): 1:35am On Sep 09, 2009
Apparently Sony has run out of material for catchy ads. I remember stopping in the middle of shoveling jello into my daughter's mouth and scratching my head when i saw the commercial on Tv and going huh, . . . . . . What did they say they were selling again?

They had better get in touch with the team that came up with the Geico Gecko to show them how to do catchy!!!! For all the unnecessary controversy it was worth, it wasnt even a good ad. undecided
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by kosovo(m): 2:01am On Sep 09, 2009
Sony should apologize to a bunch of hurt high ranking Nigerians who don't do anything about the scammers ruining their country's reputation? Sorry no, until they fix that problem, there's always going to be jokes going around.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by CGKing(m): 2:31am On Sep 09, 2009
Rubbish rantings. If Nigerians didnt give themselves up for ridicule we'd be sayin something different. Why r we trying to force the world to believe a lie. Lets clean up our act and send that women back to the drug store cos she sounds bored. Nothing do the ad.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by spoilt(f): 3:08am On Sep 09, 2009
To those who think Sony did right I dont now what to say. What kind of major company resorts to such cheap gimmicks?
After having lived here and being tortured by all their bad and calamity ridden news that they dole out everyday, it amuses me that Sony can detect the speck in our Nigerian eye. How? With the gaddamn mighty plank they have in theirs? You've got to be kidding me! They didnt have to look far to make their fraud reference. Madoff robbed thousands blind including celebs. Abeg they should go and sit down. Never was hot about their lame playstation which may be recalled before this bruhaha even dies down. grin . Not that Ive been persuaded to buy now. Hehehehe. grin grin

Maybe if they referenced Madoff in their desperate commercial, they would have caused a stampede of people running to the stores to buy.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by maedan(f): 3:19am On Sep 09, 2009
"Nigerians give themselves up for ridicule"- - - - - WOW. This is unfair generalisation. Is every Nigerian a scammer, cheat, lazy, greedy etc? These 419 are just a little fraction of the population, but the Wole Soyinkas, the Ganis etc suffer for it. Let's not be our own worst critic, abeg. The Naija-haterz do that enough themselves.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by geniusbami(m): 3:20am On Sep 09, 2009
CGKing:

Rubbish rantings. If Nigerians didn't give themselves up for ridicule we'd be sayin something different. Why r we trying to force the world to believe a lie. Lets clean up our act and send that women back to the drug store cos she sounds bored. Nothing do the ad.
 shocked

I would have wished to leave it as my last post on this topic but I cannot stand someone swallowing another's campaign of calumny against himself and against his nation. A great nation like Nigeria for that matter. Thanks Spoilt, it's a cheap gimmick, or I say publicity, riding on the back of a people they believe their back is bent.

To say the least, King, U surprised me. I put it to you that U don't know what this is all about. When a white man slaps you, people like you will say 'he rubs greatness on me', but when a black man gives U a pat, U say 'it's a dirty slap'. How I wish people in your class will wake up to see you were created to be at par with these white men, and their skin is no more than a variety God created to spice up our world. For how long would you consider a white man a superior being, simply because they have succeeded to make you think they're a God to be worshiped, simply playing on your ignorance of whom you are.

Mister, you are more than what you have been brainwashed to think you are. Nobody, by reason of the colour of their eyes or skin, has the right to molest you and rub the rubbish into your heat that you are worth nothing. They are colouring your entire country bad; a country that produced the likes of Pastor E.A. Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Pastor Fred Odekhian, Philip Emeangwali, Chinua Achebe, Kanu Nwankwo, and too many to be mentioned can never be said to be producing scammers wholesale. 'Cmmon, break it down, we, in general, are not the worst, but this is a case of 'calling the dog a bad name so we can hang it'. If you swallow this, watch out, the generations after us will not forgive us 'cos we would have destroyed their dignity in the eyes of the world before they are born. The whole world would treat them as pigs as we are allowing them to treat us as half animals now.

Remember: No can ride on your back unless it is bent.

A word, they say, is enough for the wise.   lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help Installing Pes 17 / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.