Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad - Gaming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (15900 Views)

Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / How To Convert Video And Transfer It To Sony Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2009
nobody is decieving himself here. just wait and see what happens in the next
few months!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2009
What next months? Americans won't buy PS3 because of this Ad? I don't get it.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
intelligent people like us have decided to boycott all sony products. that's what!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2009
@ George d

What do u mean? CAN YOU EXPLAIN YOUR SELF?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2009
George_D:

intelligent people like us have decided to boycott all sony products. that's what!

That you consider those who boycott as a result of this intelligent, is good for you, but how does that really change anything? I mean WII and XBOX already constitute a huge majority of the competition SONY has to deal with but what significance will your "gang" of intelligent Nigerians have on SONY's profit margin, let alone that main problem which is the Nigerian SCOURGE mentioned, the yahoo yahoo boys?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
@ George d

WHO ARE YOU? AND WHAT DO YOU DO?  UNDER WHAT PERCEPTION HAVE YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION?

CAN YOU ELABORATE?

RGDS
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2009
To you all that think sony isnt right, Why dont you go into your emails and respond to all spam emails requesting you to log into your online banking and see what happens??
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by maedan(f): 2:15am On Sep 10, 2009
Aaaah, let's not underestimate here ooo - - - - - - If all Nigerians around the world decide to boycott the buying of Sony products(not just the game sef grin) It will affect their profit margin ooo. We're not the most populated black nation for nothing - and where did I hear that out of every five black people in the world, like two are Nigerians (I might be mixing up the figures, but at least I'm close!?)
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 3:49am On Sep 10, 2009
George_D:

hope its not that you guys would boycott Sony products but yet go to ur nearest movie theatre to watch the movie released by one of sonys numerous babies. or better still, go ahead donate your hard earned money to watch District 9(a movie where nigerians were depicted as being criminals and where nigerian women were depicted as being prostitutes who would do both aliens and humans)

oh by the way if you didnt know about district 9 b4 now, u might need to start getting ur arsenal ready to sue/boycott/ etc etc cos u might need it.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by spoilt(f): 4:00am On Sep 10, 2009
Ok they say Sony has apologized, so who are these people who still think they did right and we deserved being the butt of their poor advertising gimmick? shocked
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On Sep 10, 2009
You really think an apology from SONY is a good thing for you? Roflmao!!!! Can anyone be so naive??
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 4:20am On Sep 10, 2009
spoilt:

Ok they say Sony has apologized, so who are these people who still think they did right and we deserved being the butt of their poor advertising gimmick? shocked

when would the petition against District 9 start. cos that one hit the nail on the head harder than this sony Ad. oh by the way its also distributed by sony pictures. grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Sep 10, 2009
must_a_far:

when would the petition against District 9 start. cos that one hit the nail on the head harder than this sony Ad. oh by the way its also distributed by sony pictures. grin

Roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by maedan(f): 4:26am On Sep 10, 2009
@ must_a_far
Huh??! If that's the case, then someone high up in Sony really has a thing against Nigerians. That's the first logical conclusion anyway.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 4:35am On Sep 10, 2009
maedan:

@ must_a_far
Huh??! If that's the case, then someone high up in Sony really has a thing against Nigerians. That's the first logical conclusion anyway.

check out the movie details now, msn movies would do. if dem no petition the south african director join sef, dem never do anything. so all this PS3 noise was kinda appetizer o. make dem never close up shop. petition still plenty to do.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by maedan(f): 4:40am On Sep 10, 2009
Lol. The movie is already out in the market. Nothing we can do again. We can vex and rant and cuss them, though.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by mustafar1: 5:05am On Sep 10, 2009
maedan:

Lol. The movie is already out in the market. Nothing we can do again. We can vex and rant and cuss them, though.

ROFLMAO! na cussing go erase say the nigerian criminals in the movie are cannibals, the prostitutes that were servicing the aliens were, GUESS WHO? etc etc. una never start to dey sue and petition. but then the movie na Science Fiction so no shaking. oh just by chance, the name of the leader of the criminal nigerians in the movie is Obasanjo.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2009
I need to see that movie, District 9.

Madam Dora has no inkling about what her office is about.
1: What has she done about foreign relations (Nigeria is not an isolated country that can carry on the way she does hoping that printing more money will solve the problem of a bad house-wife)
2: Is she keeping an eye on our 'Worthy' ambassadors (especially the one in Ghana who brazenly frequents Nkrumah University to pick up dates)
3: What is her take and conflict resolution strategy for sectarian violence in Nigeria (That projects the worst image ever)
4: How is she managing the expectations of Nigerians in terms of her Negative Perception
5: WTF is she doing these days grin

The Problem really is not Nigerians. it is Leadership and Governance. I shall use my favorite mosquito analogy
1: 80% Deaths by Malaria occur in Africa http://www.cdc.gov/Malaria/impact/index.htm
2: 90% of those deaths are children under the age of 5, can you fcu#@#kin believe that (and Moji and her Grange cohorts decide to stiff the health ministry for millions of largess money)

Since we create and sustain a perfect environment for mosquitoes to breed, how can we think that pumping millions of dollars (that get stolen) into the problem will eradicate the problem. I for one do not think that Nigerian leaders are stupid, (you do not get that far on stupidity alone) they are evil, deliberately wicked and continuously deceitful.

Nigeria continues to create and sustain an environment that breeds 419ners, political crooks, kidnappers, violent religious fanatics, fake pastors and imans, criminal police force and lethargic military filled with self-aggrandizing pot-bellied military officers who own majority shares in major banks.

We are our problem
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Reptyle(m): 10:03am On Sep 10, 2009
Well guys, whatever the government did worked. Sony has changed the advert leaving out the offensive part. Click the link below for the new version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlRdrqy5hjg

Good to know that they listened and responded promptly. They should actually follow it up with an official apology. Its also good to know that for once, the government stood up and spoke out against stuff like this. I hope they keep it up.

Shame on all you Nigerians out there who join foreigners in bashing your country. I agree the country has fundamental issues but it does not mean that we should allow just anybody out there to ride on us anyhow. It is instructive to note that some of these jokers who deride Nigeria in their movies and adverts have never been here. They do all their research on the net and the negative perception they get is further fuelled by some unpatriotic Nigerians who not only hold similar negative views as this misguided foreigners, but aid the spread of same. If we do not believe in our own country, who will?

South africa hs one of the highest crime rates in the world and also ranks high among countries with the worst spread of the hiv/aids pandemic. Yet you will never see a movie reflecting these facts to the world. Yet when they release a fantasy based movie that seeks to paint every Nigerian as a scammer, we all stand up and hail them for telling the "truth" and "keeping it real." We make ourselves the brunt of jokes globally and we revel in the throes of our low self-esteem.

I am happy that the government did not take this latest insult lying down. I hope they adopt this attitude subsequently.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Opotuniti(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
;d :d
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by maedan(f): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
^^^^^^Maybe for the same reasons you chose the name "OPPORTUNITI" grin grin!!!!

Seriously though, @ must_a_far, I know all about District 9 already, we've been thrashing the issue out in the Movies section for ages - with little progress. We can't do anything much bc, like I said, the movie is already out. But maybe soon we can make the producers apologise to all Nigerians for type-casting us so unfairly!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
just like sone ps3, maybe we should give d9 the same treatment: boycott!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
George d

what do u mean? who are u?. what is ur status?
PLS TENDER YOUR EVIDENCE AND EXPLAIN YOUR SELF.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Koolking(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
I support AGBERO1's comment. Mere telling SONY to tender apology on such advert obviously aimed at battering the image of Nigeria as a country does not portray the government as very serious in defending this dear country.

Few unscrupulous elements (found in all countries of the world) can not be a yard stick for SONY to place such a negative advert considering Million of Dollars they have churned out from Nigerians since their inception in Nigeria.

The Federal Govt of Nigeria should place outright embargo on SONY, even send them packing in Nigeria. Nigerians will remain even better without SONY.

Enough is enough allowing foreigners to toil with our characters. Govt has been handling similars issues in the past with kids glove. We need actions NOW. It is high time we used SONY to set example.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
you're here again asking for evidence? you sound like you're a policeman.
or are you a cia agent? grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
@George d.

lol bros. Im not a cia agent. Im M15,

I simply like people to back up what they say with evidence. and Iv noticed you seem to be some sort of "Jack of all trades" on nairaland issues. but u never have any back up, lol

Regards
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
sorry o bros! i just dey talk my own. thank God we're not in a court of law else
i'd have been hard put to come up with the 'evidence' you so much love to ask for.
my own na take am or leave am, chikena! smiley
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by spoilt(f): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
Keep rolling on the floor and laughing people. Just dont get any sores from all the rolling. grin

Hasnt sorry always been the hardest word? How many 100% genuine apologies do you know of? from promiscuous politicians and cheating men of God in their press conferences to exploitative corporations,

I've been known to take apologies given grudgingly and moved on with my life. grin.
As for district 9, that was one helluva crappy movie. Wasnt worth the controversy they were trying to stir up.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2009
U these 'patriots',abeg jooo.U talk as if u dont know 9ja.Do u think Madoff would have been prosecuted if he was a Nigerian?Hahahahaha, He would have been let off da hook.Tracks covered n all dat sh*t.So, Just go out there,hustle,make your paper,serve God n leave the rest.But live by the Golden Rule: do unto others what u would like to be done unto u.Now am sure we all agree to that.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2009
U these 'patriots',abeg jooo.U talk as if u dont know 9ja.Do u think Madoff would have been prosecuted if he was a Nigerian?Hahahahaha, He would have been let off da hook.Tracks covered n all dat sh*t.So, Just go out there,hustle,make your paper,serve God n leave the rest.But live by the Golden Rule: do unto others what u would like to be done unto u.Now am sure we all agree to that.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by asid(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
Did anyone watch CRIME & INVESTIGATION (ID THIEVES) when they were showing a life stack-out on a lead they had about a group into ID THEFT and like 4 Nigeria's were caught in the ACT live on TV?
So wat are we saying dont we showcase ourselves worse than the Advert? Some months back, A lady was Beating and Striped for not 'PACKING" LIKE WE ALL ARE MEANT TO off the road when a uniformed man was coming tru?

I remember OJUKWU(4give my spelling) when some police men didnt know how was in the car,drove recklessly and hit his car at ALABA area of Lagos, He So dealt with the men that the IG had to make a stupid statement that he should have handled the matter like an elder state man.

Who are we fooling
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
still that does not give sony the right to portray us the way they did. now think
about it, are not a nigerian? are you a crook? so, why should anybody make
sweeping statements about nigeria as if we're all one and the same thing?
so my sister, that's the point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help Installing Pes 17 / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.