Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (15897 Views)

Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / How To Convert Video And Transfer It To Sony Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2009
savesoul:

I am not saying we are not corrupt, but for SONY to go to the extent of pointing fingers is unacceptable! Period

It is unacceptable for Sony to tell the whole world what they already know?
When Oprah said the same thing about Nigeria. . . . .did NBC ban Oprah's show on DSTV?
Even a cat knows Nigeria and Fraud are siblings. . . . .I cannot hold Sony accountable for our fraudulent ways.

If it pains Dora so much then she should start doing something to the problem.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by okuyelu: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
savesoul:

I am not saying we are not corrupt, but for SONY to go to the extent of pointing fingers is unacceptable! Period

Nice one, lets not leave the important facts and allow sentiments cloud our judgement, Nigeria is rotten and getting more and more decayed. If you are called a Monkey, y fight if you know you are not a monkey. Y the sense of guilt and defense. Dora should be concerned about more pressing issues that are damaging the almost totally damaged image. The corrupt government officials with fake certificates etc, ASUU Strike, PHCN (Black out), NITEL (completely dead), etc, Lets get real, Dora should stop this eye service and get down to real business, there's so much work to be done.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by larimo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
good comments nex. am with you.

no matter how bad the state of affairs in Nigeria are, no foreigner should utter such senseless comments. how does it even help their sales?

glad that the minister did respond in time but there should be more than just an apology from Sony.

Nigeria will arise again!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by banom(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
I wish i am the current president of Nigeria, i would have thought Sony a big lesson.

Among all the electronics, sony is the most Inferior, and shortest lasting,

I bought one sony home thearter , i was too suprise to find out that a whole Sony Company, could not be able to connect positive and negative wires well, i had to take it to an electronis technician down the strret in other to fix it well.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by GeorgeD1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 08, 2009
madam rebrand, that is just a slap on the wrist of sony.
you can do better than that! angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
banom:

I wish i am the current president of Nigeria, i would have thought Sony a big lesson.

Among all the electronics, sony is the most Inferior, and shortest lasting,

I bought one sony home thearter , i was too suprise to find out that a whole Sony Company, could not be able to connect positive and negative wires well, i had to take it to an electronis technician down the strret in other to fix it well.

The Sony home theatre you bought was not brand new.
Sony had scrapped that TV you bought but Nigerians go to their recycling plant to polish those wares and send to Nigeria as tokunboh.
How is that the fault of Sony? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by youngies(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

The Sony home theatre you bought was not brand new.
Sony had scrapped that TV you bought but Nigerians go to their recycling plant to polish those wares and send to Nigeria as tokunboh.
How is that the fault of Sony? cheesy
You seem to be very knowledgeable in this line of trade grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
youngies:

U need to see how Naija traders queue to pack scrapped electronic units in the UK and send to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by muyoto: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2009
youngies:

No mind am, make him dey do Mr defender for here, instead of defending his country. yeye boy!  angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by posakosa(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2009
posakosa:

Why are Nigerians up and arms about this ad.

Aren't there Nigerian fraudsters ? on craigslist ? on ebay ? in Nigeria? in Lagos? in New York ? in London ?

abeegi jo! tell your Nigerian brothers and sisters to stop 419ing people that way they will stop disgracing themselves.

Tell Madam Akinluyi to return all the stolen looth HER and her gang members have taken from the country, anyways, I rest my case.

I HIGHLY recommend that you all watch the ad again. The ad doesn't claim that ALL nigerians are 419 fraudsters,

It specifically refers to Nigerian 419 fraudsters.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by gshyne(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2009
sony might be right but its very irresponsible for a coporation as big as sony to plunge so low as to make an advert using such negative profiling about a country. imagine any corporation mighty as they might be using such profiling with arab countries i mean can sony ever insinuate arabians re terrorists?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
muyoto:

No mind am, make him dey do Mr defender for here, instead of defending his country. yeye boy!  angry

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. . . . . . .U want me to defend Nigeria and shy away from the TRUTH?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by posakosa(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
gshyne:

sony might be right but its very irresponsible for a coporation as big as sony to plunge so low as to make an advert using such negative profiling about a country. imagine any corporation mighty as they might be using such profiling with arab countries i mean can sony ever insinuate arabians re terrorists?

In a court of law, if an allegation is deemed to be true, it no longer holds as an allegation.

In this case, once again, the ad specifically refers to 419 fraudsters not all Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by savesoul(m): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2009
Why Mention Nigeria? Why not Africa? Come to think of it, na only Nigeria dey scam?angry angry angry
gshyne:

LOL, if dem try am wit ARAB countries  shocked shocked shocked dem wan swallow barb wire be that  grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Pataki: 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nigerians and their ineptitude to mull over matters intellectually. Nigerian Government should SHUT-UP!

Where was your Nigerian Government when Rita of Koko Mansion was talking about yahoo-yahoo and all other ill-vices in the country? It is right there on youtube. It was aired internationally and locally on  your tv stations, yet you do not find the likes of Dora coming out to talk against a poorly educated woman who spoke the sincere truth about Nigeria right inside Nigeria. On the contrary, everyone laughed about it, inclusive with her poor English language expression.

All of a sudden, the Nigerian Government see this as a publicity stunt against SONY. And the same Nigerians who laughed at Rita, are now hyperventilating against SONY. Foolishness at its best!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by donclemo(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
savesoul:

Is forgery not corruption?
Guys there is no where there isnt corruption in the world even in us u can check this http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1373206.html
there are more if u say corruption, e dey every where. so do not talk about Nigeria that way
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by posakosa(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2009
as we are talking nau nau, I have recieved three emails from yahoo yahoo boyz, I wish SONY could come and document and publicize this angry angry angry angry angry >:

Bia Chris Eneze, Bia, Bia, nau nau
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by koolchicco: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2009
donclemo:

Guys there is no where there isnt corruption in the world even in us u can check this http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1373206.html
there are more if u say corruption, e dey every where. so do not talk about Nigeria that way

GBAM IJI YA!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2009
stagger:

A bunch of fuckers. Let Nigerians stop patronizing Sony products and let the Nigerian Government place a TOTAL PROHIBITION ON IMPORTATION OF SONY PRODUCTS.

Let us see whether they will not be forced to come and beg for mercy. FUCKERS!

Are the likes of Jeffrey Skilling, Bernie Madoff and co Nigerians?  angry

How dare Sony bites the hands that feed them in Africa!

OLODO RABATA. Which hands are you feeding? Is it the Tokunboh products that you buy or the FAKE imports that you buy from china that will affect Sony sales. This is exactly y we deserve that ad. We are too ignorant and corrupt to address the real issue. Whats the big deal about the ad. Did the guy lie? Nigerians are the biggest crooks in the world so y are you all getting all hyped up. We are about to hijack the award of the biggest KIDNAP market from Columbia and you are here talking rubbish. MORE ADS LIKE THIS JARE. Maybe if we get a lot of ads like this, people will avoid Nigerians altogether and yahoo yahoo will reduce.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by RiffRaff: 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
which sony product are u guys buying sef? shay all those fake sony that emeka imported. if nigerians decided to boycott there product, they will just laugh cuz na so so fake una day buy.

truth is bitter sha!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by donclemo(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-10-03-corrupt_N.htm in new orleans in us it's increasing over there every where. i am putting this link so that u dont think one country is holier than thou
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by gReenmAn(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2009
I HIGHLY recommend that you all watch the ad again. The ad doesn't claim that ALL nigerians are 419 fraudsters,

It specifically refers to Nigerian 419 fraudsters.

lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
when, yahoo boys were raiding PSPs and PS 3s worth thousands of dollars online and selling at ridiculous prices down here, why didnt you call Dora Akuyili to beg Sony to be more restrictive, well, you got their attention actually, and yes i think Nigerians are very corrupt, you dont have to be a yahoo yahoo boy, if ur parents ever bribed anybody to get you into school, despite how religious you are, or you rush and push to get on a bus, pick money that doesnt belong to you, cheat in exams, use ur relative's connections to get job interviews, etc, then you are a nigerian messing things up, let he without sin, cast the first stone, besides the advert is nice, Americans like dissin', dint you see how much George Bush was dissed while in office and even when a shoe was thrown at him!!! Even the Bill Clinton sex scandal issue, did you know dolls were made of him that said something funny when you pulled the trousers down, so i guess for them, its nothing personal, jus business
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2009
A-town:

OLODO RABATA. Which hands are you feeding? Is it the Tokunboh products that you buy or the FAKE imports that you buy from china that will affect Sony sales. This is exactly y we deserve that ad. We are too ignorant and corrupt to address the real issue. Whats the big deal about the ad. Did the guy lie? Nigerians are the biggest crooks in the world so y are you all getting all hyped up. We are about to hijack the award of the biggest KIDNAP market from Columbia and you are here talking rubbish. MORE ADS LIKE THIS JARE. Maybe if we get a lot of ads like this, people will avoid Nigerians altogether and yahoo yahoo will reduce.  

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Se7nSwords: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nigerians are the greatest hypocrites! Yu guys shud just shut the Bleep up and stop lying to yurselves. SONY will NEVER apologise to Nigeria. Simple. And if yu dnt like it, sue them! i dnt knw which planet yu guys come from but in the civilized world, there is a thing called freedom of expression (something Nigerians are not used to by the way!) and that is wht SONY is exercising.  and if yu think, placing an embargo on their products into yur bleeped country is goin to stop them, yu shud open yur eyes! cos its the same backstabbing nigerians that will bring the SONY products through the borders illegally and its the same bleeped and corrupt customs officers that will assist them! tell me that is not how the whole country works? ehn?

Bleep!!!!!!!!! How dumb can a nation of niggas be? Damn!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by donclemo(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-320653.64.html just take a look at this. i rest my case here and leave u to talking.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by muyoto: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2009
ALL of una wey dey cuss my beloved naija, na thunder go fire una! angry angry
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by muyoto: 2:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
donclemo:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-320653.64.html just take a look at this. i rest my case here and leave u to talking.

who be this one? you just dey wake from sleep? yeye
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Pataki: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2009
muyoto:

ALL of una wey dey cuss my beloved naija, na thunder go fire una!  angry angry
Thunder will first fire those yahoo-yahoo boys sending those scam mails  from your area. If you are in the cyber cafe as well with them, thunder fire you join. grin

Na dem dey cuss my beloved naija pass. Yeye!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by BabaTony: 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
Nigerians are the greatest hypocrites! Yu guys shud just shut the mess up and stop lying to yurselves. SONY will NEVER apologise to Nigeria. Simple. And if yu dnt like it, sue them! i dnt knw which planet yu guys come from but in the civilized world, there is a thing called freedom of expression (something Nigerians are not used to by the way!) and that is wht SONY is exercising. and if yu think, placing an embargo on their products into yur bleeped country is goin to stop them, yu shud open yur eyes! cos its the same backstabbing nigerians that will bring the SONY products through the borders illegally and its the same bleeped and corrupt customs officers that will assist them! tell me that is not how the whole country works? ehn?

mess!!!!!!!!! How dumb can a nation of niggas be? Damn!!!!!

Freedom of Speech my foot!!!! Idiotic you, You have just confirmed that you are the person the Ad is talking about, a BLOODY FRAUDSTER. If you are OK with the Ad no pobelm BUT i put it to you, ALL NIGERIANS are not FRAUDSTERS like you, the USA carries up till today the world record of the biggest scam in world history, why didnt they use USA, or even a convicted scammer, why Nigeria. NIGERIA and FRUADSTERS are not synonymous, as for you just get ready to be stripped to your balls at the airports anytime you travel and leave free people like us to do our letigimate businesses. Thunder Fire you there, you think say everybody dey like you. FOOL!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by muyoto: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2009
Pataki:

Thunder will first fire those yahoo-yahoo boys sending those scam mails  from your area. If you are in the cyber cafe as well with them, thunder fire you join. grin

Na dem dey cuss my beloved naija pass. Yeye!

Yes, I'm in the cyber cafe - I've nothing to be ashamed about - but I, like millions of Nigerians out there, am NOT a yahoo-yahoo boy, which is why I take very personal this blanket categorization of Nigerians as scammers.

You wey dey hide for yonder  (how you take reach there sef?)dey cuss ya country na thunder fire you!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
A-town:

@Atown beat me to that one. Ogbeni, Nigeria is NOT SONY's largest customer in Africa if you consider that we only got there more recently and might fall off soonest ooo!!! By the way, the market we control is mainly mobile phones and more purchases made by our government and not necessarily by ordinary Nigerians. Think Dora's NTA plan. ;DStop deceiving self !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help Installing Pes 17 / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.