Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad (15896 Views)

Sony Playstation Network Has Been Hacked Finally! / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains / How To Convert Video And Transfer It To Sony Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2009
muyoto:

Yes, I'm in the cyber cafe - I've nothing to be ashamed about - but I, like millions of Nigerians out there, am NOT a yahoo-yahoo boy, which is why I take very personal this blanket categorization of Nigerians as scammers.

You wey dey hide for yonder  (how you take reach there sef?)dey cuss ya country na thunder fire you!

Not all Nigerians are yahoo-yahoo boys BUT all yahoo-yahoo boys are NIGERIANS. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Pataki: 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

[size=14pt]Not all Nigerians are yahoo-yahoo boys BUT all yahoo-yahoo boys are NIGERIANS.[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
MBGTWL!!!!!! grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by floriana(m): 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
shocked undecided
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by savesoul(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Not all Nigerians are yahoo-yahoo boys BUT all yahoo-yahoo boys are NIGERIANS. grin grin grin grin grin

Funniest Quote of the year!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Cogito(m): 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
Have any of you actually checked the website to see that there is no such press release?
I can't find it anywhere on the website.
I thought it was suspect that the OP didn't provide a direct link to the press release.
Please OP (since your credibility has come into question with me) help me find the ORIGINAL press release.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by muyoto: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Oddly, I find myself agreeing with you. . .
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by bawomolo(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

ha ha.

I don't know why nigerians are catching serious feelings over this ad.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by sojioguns(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
Yes!!! Another playground with free access, where people come and talk about what they like. Sony used the metaphorical approach in the ad. The phrase went, "If you believe anything that you read on the internet, I might as well be a rich Nigerian." It means the price of the PS3 slim is ridiculous, so are the kinds of mails that the scammers send. EG:
Good afternoon sir, I'm sorry to intrude on your privacy like this but I have a rich uncle who was the former Minister of Finance in my country and he died a few months back. He has some money (millions of dollars) frozen in some Swiss account and wants you to send some money to facilitate the transfer.

I THINK IT IS A BRILLIANT AD!!!

If they ban importation of Sony products, then I would still buy them and scrape the label off.

And you same Nigerians can generalise and say that the only thing Calabar girls know how to do is to f*&k!!!
OR All Italian rich and large families are Mafia.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by floriana(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
As long as our university under-graduates continue to sit in front of computers sending scam letters, even a Sudanese based company will deride us and there is nothing we can do about that. tongue

Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by jidobaba(m): 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ least everyone agrees that Sony did wrong. ergo, they be punished. all these sermonizing & counter-sermonizing is bull-shit. the fact is that people like Kobojunkie, floriana, sauron, sojioguns are doing every bit as much to rubbish Nigeria as the corrupt govt. officials. how does Sony's libel help your cause as an individual nigerian. why dont you attack the corrupt nigerians directly- you know their names dont you- instead of blanketing the land of your birth/origin and condemning you and your unborn to diasporan existence where you'll die and be buried in unmarked graves.  but of course, many are too far gone e.g. kobojunkie- its a knee-jerk reaction for her, just mention nigeria and she's foaming at the mouth,
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
See imbeciles (folks busy with name calling, and insulting those who do not agree with them on this) who do not know their left from their right blaming the world, and everything that moves outside, for the problems that continues to fester in their own homes!!!   grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2009
jidobaba:

how does Sony's libel help your cause as an individual nigerian.

How does the perpetual scamming scheme of em yahoo-yahoo boys help my cause as an individual Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by sojioguns(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2009
@jidobaba, How does typing on Nairaland just because you have access to the internet at work, help the situation? You are wasting valuable time my friend. Just wake up and smell the roses and find out how rotten they are. I am a Nigerian and will never dispute that but I also have my brain out of my arse.
Let us focus on the issues at hand now. What's happening in the banking industry, for a start, rather than talking gibberish about a non-issue.
Way to go Sony!!!!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by NobleOnye(f): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
1. The advert in question currently circulating on youtube.com and facebook.com and other international websites creates the impression that Nigerians hardly do genuine business. This insinuation is in bad faith and unacceptable.

isnt it true?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by donclemo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
muyoto:

who be this one? you just dey wake from sleep? yeye
hey just wanted to know hw many of una dey read post well so na only u reply then u check this http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2009/08/third-obama-birth-certificate-appears-in-court/ if u think there is somewhere in the world wey corruption no dey put am for nairaland and tell me where u for get ur source from
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by jidobaba(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

See imbeciles (folks busy with name calling, and insulting those who do not agree with them on this) who do not know their left from their right blaming the world, and everything that moves outside, for the problems that continues to fester in their own homes!!!   grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
there he/she goes again grin
sojioguns:

@jidobaba, How does typing on Nairaland just because you have access to the internet at work, help the situation? You are wasting valuable time my friend. Just wake up and smell the roses and find out how rotten they are. I am a Nigerian and will never dispute that but I also have my brain out of my arse.
Let us focus on the issues at hand now. What's happening in the banking industry, for a start, rather than talking gibberish about a non-issue.
Way to go Sony!!!!
guy, name names. its easier to type "Nigeria" rather than James Ohanafe Ibori, Aaondaka or Olu Maintain but you need to be specific else you Bleep yourself and your country up the more.
~Sauron~:

How does the perpetual scamming scheme of em yahoo-yahoo boys help my cause as an individual Nigerian?
it doesnt
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Nezan(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
am highly disappointed in SONY
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
Lets all be realistic.  

Yea sony was wrong for the derogatory advert. But at the end of the day our goverment instead of wasting their energy reacting, they should instead focus on rebranding themselves and fixing this country.  How can we call our selves Giant of Africa and some of us dont even have one full day of electricity a week, even our national airports experience power cuts  and we have brown water coming out of our taps, and have a high percentage of unemployed graduates?.

Instead the nation's money is being embezzled by greedy politicians and goverment officials with their potbellies growing bigger, with houses all over the world, foreign accounts, you name it.

Dora Akinluyi and all other top goverment officials should rebrand them selves before talking about rebranding nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by biggjoe(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2009
you guys are not getting it.

for me it is not about what they said, it is who that they are that said it.

If it is a simple opinion from a simple individual, it wouldnt have mattered at all but for a big company like sony to directly insult a country, it is  so uncool.

Take example from:
Obama's cabinet member resignation yesterday
Obama's pastors comments during his campaign
Dixie chicks comment on George bush

and many other  cases,

These things are what any other person can say and no one will even notice but when it is coming from the people it came from at the time they said it, its a whole different ball game.

Cant you see it?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Nezan?,,

What are you dissapointed at?

Explain yourself
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2009
Noble Onye:

1. The advert in question currently circulating on youtube.com and facebook.com and other international websites creates the impression that Nigerians hardly do genuine business. This insinuation is in bad faith and unacceptable.

isnt it true?

Whose faith ? Yours or SONYs? There is NO LAW that bars SONY from making the reference it did to Nigerian online scammers. So what exactly is true/not true here?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ Big joe.

So why is it Nigeria sony chose?

Y not other corrupt countries like pakistan? Afghanistan?, Wot does that tell you about us?

Let us not sit down and blame sony . Lets the people who govern us change things and make nigeria a better place.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
@: Floriana.

Well said!
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
biggjoe:

you guys are not getting it.

for me it is not about what they said, it is who that they are that said it.

If it is a simple opinion from a simple individual, it wouldnt have mattered at all but for a big company like sony to directly insult a country, it is  so uncool.

I assume this is your first time of hearing Nigerians are fraudulent.
Bigger organisations have made references to the fraudulent nature of Nigerians in the past, this is not new.
Rita of Koko Mansion(Top Naija Celeb) grin grin talked about it for several minutes. The clips are on U-tube.
Should we disown Rita too?
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by donclemo(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
Everybody for nairaland make una check this out http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE57H5VZ20090818 and make una check wheather the picture of the man wey do that fraud (master hacker ) resemble nigerian
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Sauron1: 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
donclemo:

Everybody for nairaland make una check this out http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE57H5VZ20090818 and make una check wheather the picture of the man wey do that fraud (master hacker ) resemble nigerian

You are missing the point.
The Sony ad wasn't talking about schemes like this. . . . .He was talking about: "My father is a billionaire and he has been murdered. . . ." bullshit stories Nigerian Fraudsters continue to send.
Which of the scammers shown in this LINK does not resemble a Nigerian.
There must be 100 of them giving the country a bad name.

Abeg, get some perspective.
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by jidobaba(m): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
matter of fact, we should disown Rita- and bleeping kobojunkie
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Doncelemo

Listen Bros.  Everyone does fraud.  even the english do fraud, the american's do fraud, not to even mention pakistan and india.

BUT CAN YOU COMPARE THE STATE OF THERE COUNTRIES TO NIGERIA.  Even ghanians do fraud. But can you compare ghana to nigeria?
Why did obama go ghana and didnt even come nigeria.??

The  bottom line is our goverment shouldn't blame sony.

They should work by fixing this country, wiping out corruption and thats starts by them stopping their greed.

rgds
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by german007(m): 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Jideobaba

WHY SHOULD WE DISOWN RITA?

Is she not right?

If you think she isnt right , why dont you go online and respond to all spam emails requesting you to log into your online banking and see what happens??
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2009
*Sighs*  
How many of the oil companies plundering our wealth are Nigerians? Polluting our environment are Nigerians?
Sony should go and sidon for pawto pawto jo  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Oyibo man dem go chop your dollar and take your money disappear
419 is just a game, and our brothers in ABA are working on it hehehehehehehehehehe  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
proudly naija!!!!!!!!!!! ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Nigerian Government Reacts To Sony's Playstation 3 Ad by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

*Sighs*
How many of the oil companies plundering our wealth are Nigerians? Polluting our environment are Nigerians?
Sony should go and sidon for pawto pawto jo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Oyibo man dem go chop your dollar and take your money disappear
419 is just a game, and our brothers in ABA are working on it hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yess oooO!!! Up Aba Boys!!! The ultimate GAMERS!!! Up 419ers!!! ( that could make for another chart topping 419 song, don't you think?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help Installing Pes 17 / Different Types Of People You Meet In An Online Video Game / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.