Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me (17465 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
tonio2wo:

smiley
I really thought u know ur onions but feigning ignorance to this question shows you r not being sincere to ur quest of being an atheist (ur problem though)
You sound like someone who feels betrayed by god and wants to get back at him by disbelieving him.

Mind u, I am not a religious or churchious person. I thought I have met someone that can give cogent reasons/proofs of the in existence of gods. I was wrong!

Have a great life.
Ok.
All you had to do was to be specific. There are so many presumed supernatural powers. I am not here to assume.

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Your explanation still doesn't disprove the the idea of the creationists. Let's look at it practically, As a Creator if you want to create a living thing, let's say man for example, which of the things currently in existence would you create first?

Definitely you would have to create the things he will need to survive first, i can't create man before creating plants for instance because he won't survive.

So your idea of something evolving on what is available to survive is still justified by the idea of creationists. (You were formerly a Christian and you know the sequence of creation in Genesis)

Thus the explanation you gave still doesn't rule out the existence of an intelligent mind(God) behind creation.

Let me shed more light on what i meant by chaos in that context.

In the absence of chaos, there is orderliness, like i said, take a look around you and see things for yourself.
Examples to prove orderliness in nature are many let me sight some of them:
-day and night sequence
-seasons
-water cycle

-planets in orbits (note how accurate/orderly it is for Kepler to generate laws and equation for it.)

-DNA sequence
-food chain (note the cycle living things go through, its so well planned that everything is utilized, and becomes food to the other)
And many more..

A system in chaos can not have any of those listed above
You make a lot of sense.
At this point everyone can choose what he wants to. It makes sense that a creator created things in order to survive on each other and it also makes sense that things evolved depending on each other. Examining the idea of an intelligent creator would require finding the origin of such a creator for such a creator too can't be a product of chance. So where does that leave us?

I am feeling you. Ride on

5 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Don't mind him, i know when i push him to the wall, that is what he will eventually say.
You just fvcked up big time.
Would have made sense for you to keep making your points and asking questions. I was really enjoying the flow. Don't expect any reply from me anymore not with this attitude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Good job bro. Keep pushing him till admits he does not know but then he'll disappointingly end it with "...but its not God" . Oh well
Lol
What are you feeling like. grin

Sure you think you will get a medal or what?

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol
What are you feeling like. grin

Sure you think you will get a medal or what?

Ogbeni , answer his questions with proof joor ! Kilode undecided
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

You make a lot of sense.
At this point everyone can choose what he wants to. It makes sense that a creator created things in order to survive on each other and it also makes sense that things evolved depending on each other. Examining the idea of an intelligent creator would require finding the origin of such a creator for such a creator too can't be a product of chance. So where does that leave us?

Lol . God is eternal - He has no origin .

Wow ! You dont even have a modicum idea of who you are arguing against
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

You just fvcked up big time.
Would have made sense for you to keep making your points and asking questions. I was really enjoying the flow. Don't expect any reply from me anymore not with this attitude.

Bro relax, why are you perturbed?
Meanwhile let me answer ur question above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ogbeni , answer his questions with proof joor ! Kilode undecided
I did not need you to tell me that. I have been answering him and would have gone as far as he wanted. But you just revealed him to be a bigot. So end of discussion.
Mention me all you want I won't bulge
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Don't mind him, i know when i push him to the wall, that is what he will eventually say.

That's what they always say . Have they ever made any sense ? A fake pastor turned atheist - he does not even know God , that means the dude has always disbelieved in God but had to extort money from unsuspecting members of his "church" .

Kai ! Only m0rons will believe the lies he tells .

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro relax, why are you perturbed?
Meanwhile let me answer ur question above.

Lol @ perturbed. I opened the thread for sincere and open minded discussions and willingness to learn from sincere people. You have revealed a mindset that disgusts me, so post all you want. This is the last reply I am honoring you with.

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
^^^^ Cop out ! Hahahahaha
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
This is where I need kingebukanaija to troll the hell out of this poltroon
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Splinz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I don't know what you mean by supernatural powers.
If you mean powers exhibited in movies. Then no, I don't believe they exist.

If you mean things we can't explain. I don't call such supernatural powers, I regard them as yet to be explained incidences.
@ the boldfaced. HardMirror, has it occurred to you that while these things are inexplicable to you, to some people, what appears to you as "mysteries" are termed "supernatural", and the powers of the supernatural have not just been felt or experienced but used?

You see, I'm not against anyone believing whatsoever gladdens his heart. But the thing is, arrogantly dismissing unknown knowledge based on grounds of unwillingness or not just privileged to learn such a knowledge doesn't in anyway translate to a non existence or explanation of the said knowledge, a good example is the existence of God. This is most true if we're to believe on the 'pluralistic' nature of knowledge, as believing the contrary depicts extreme self-deceit and an attitude of monopoly of knowledge.

Anyways, of course you're always at liberty to believe what suits your belly. That's why someone like me will always salute whatever opinion one holds. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

You make a lot of sense.

I know where you are going, your question simply means, "if God created everything, then he too must have been created then who created God?"

I can't believe you are still asking this question, because it has been raised several times on this forum and it has been dealt with.

Answering that question will lead to an infinite regression of causes. If we go by the law of cause and effect.
God is eternal, he caused time to exist so that the law of cause and effect will hold thus there will be consequences for every action taken.

God is not bound by the dimensions of space and time thus he doesn't need to be created, it's only something that is bounded by time that needs to be created.

The Bible also attest to the eternal nature of God. Only that you choose not to believe the Bible.

I will refer you to a topic that once made FP for more details.
Search for:

"if God created everything, who created God?"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

I know where you are going, your question simply means, "if God created everything, then he too must have been created then who created God?"

I can't believe you are still asking this question, because it has been raised several times on this forum and it has been dealt with.

Answering that question will lead to an infinite regression of causes. If we go by the law of cause and effect.
God is eternal, he caused time to exist so that the law of cause and effect will hold thus there will be consequences for every action taken.

God is not bound by the dimensions of space and time thus he doesn't need to be created, it's only something that is bounded by time that needs to be created.

The Bible also attest to the eternal nature of God. Only that you choose not to believe the Bible.

I will refer you to a topic that once made FP for more details.
Search for:

"if God created everything, who created God?"

Right here : https://www.nairaland.com/2816262/god-created-everything-created-god
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Splinz:

@ the boldfaced. HardMirror, has it occurred to you that while these things are inexplicable to you, to some people, what appears to you as "mysteries" are termed "supernatural", and the powers of the supernatural have not just been felt or experienced but used?

You see, I'm not against anyone believing whatsoever gladdens his heart. But the thing is, arrogantly dismissing unknown knowledge based on grounds of unwillingness or not just privileged to learn such a knowledge doesn't in anyway translate to a non existence or explanation of the said knowledge, a good example is the existence of God. This is most true if we're to believe on the 'pluralistic' nature of knowledge, as believing the contrary depicts extreme self-deceit and an attitude of monopoly of knowledge.

Anyways, of course you're always at liberty to believe what suits your belly. That's why someone like me will always salute whatever opinion one holds. Cheers!
I wish the guy will table specifics so I know what we are dealing with. What he may regard as supernatural powers may not be more than misinformation or misinterpretation of occurrences. I have many "educated" friends who believe aircrafts can only fly because of the supernatural powers white people put into it and are keeping secret.
So what is supernatural power? And what examples can he table?
Then we can go on

3 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Dejideji1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Lol @ perturbed. I opened the thread for sincere and open minded discussions and willingness to learn from sincere people. You have revealed a mindset that disgusts me, so post all you want. This is the last reply I am honoring you with.

Lolz, is this an indirect way of conceding defeat? Anyway it's so sad you couldn't keep-up with the argument.

I don't want this discussion to degenerate into the use of abusive words on each other, But I want you and other Atheists to know that you are taking a big risk.

Majority of you guys are agnostic, you are not dead sure that God does not exist, so why play with risk? Why gamble with your eternity?

What if when you die you find out God exists? How do you want to sort your self out? And i hope you know what each and every religion teach about the fate of those who do not believe in him (God) and the dire consequences they will face?

So why not play safe? Let me leave you with this wise words that has been quoted several times on this forum before :

It says why not live your life as if there is a God and after death find out there is none then you don't lose anything rather than live like there is none and end up discovering there is one? Then face the dire consequences.

Meanwhile you may also read the comment by physicist Conn Henry on my profile. I implore all Atheist on this thread to do the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by Ranchhoddas: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
This is where I need kingebukanaija to troll the hell out of this poltroon
Multiple Personality Disorder?

3 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dejideji1:

Lolz, is this an indirect way of conceding defeat? Anyway it's so sad you couldn't keep-up with the argument.

I don't want this discussion to degenerate into the use of abusive words on each other, But I want you and other Atheists to know that you are taking a big risk.

Majority of you guys are agnostic, you are not dead sure that God does not exist, so why play with risk? Why gamble with your eternity?

What if when you die you find out God exists? How do you want to sort your self out? And i hope you know what each and every religion teach about the fate of those who do not believe in him (God) and the dire consequences they will face?

So why not play safe? Let me leave you with this wise words that has been quoted several times on this forum before :

It says why not live your life as if there is a God and after death find out there is none then you don't lose anything rather than live like there is none and end up discovering there is one? Then face the dire consequences.

Meanwhile you may also read the comment by physicist Conn Henry on my profile. I implore all Atheist on this thread to do the same.

Pascal's wager again, it assumes Yahweh is the true god

So what if you die and find out Allah is actually the true god? You're just as screwed as us

4 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Multiple Personality Disorder?

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Pascal's wager again, it assumes Yahweh is the true god

So what if you die and find out Allah is actually the true god? You're just as screwed as us

Look up "Allah" you might learn a thing or two
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Look up "Allah" you might learn a thing or two

The point of the post is lost on you as always

There are 5000 different gods, your odd of choosing the right one is 1/5000

But never mind, only yours is right

4 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:
Simple.
Don't ask for my Name cos I am not ready to reveal my identity. Yes I am afraid of people than I am afraid of an imaginary God. I know how Nigerians hate atheists, not ready to be lynched. cheesy

Any other questions are welcomed

Here's my question... "What exactly was your calling?".
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

The point of the post is lost on you as always

There are 5000 different gods, your odd of choosing the right one is 1/5000

But never mind, only yours is right

The fact that the odd of choosing right doesn't negate the fact that the one he choose might just be right.

Take for instance 5000 persons each having a personal key.
You wish to access a door and of the 5000 persons, you can select any to try of their key.
Should you by chance choose the correct person with the correct key does not negate the fact of truth here cuz the odds states 1 in 5000.
Its not about the odds bro, its about choosing right..

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

The fact that the odd of choosing right doesn't negate the fact that the one he choose might just be right.

Take for instance 5000 persons each having a personal key.
You wish to access a door and of the 5000 persons, you can select any to try of their key.
Should you by chance choose the correct person with the correct key does not negate the fact of truth here cuz the odds states 1 in 5000.
Its not about the odds bro, its about choosing right..

You're still proving yourself expert at shooting yourself

You're saying he might be right which also leaves the possibility that he might be wrong, amirite?

So dejideji is basically telling the guy to chose dejideji's own even though he might be wrong and have just same fate as someone who didn't chose at all but dejideji is sounding sure that he in fact serves the one true God even though the odds are still 1/5000

But unlike a keys which you can always test to be sure which one is right so that the remaining 4999+ people throw their own away, there's no fire sure way to find out if its the true one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You're still proving yourself expert at shooting yourself

You're saying he might be right which also leaves the possibility that he might be wrong, amirite?

So he's basically telling the guy to chose his own even though he might be wrong and have just same fate as someone who didn't chose at all

You're bad at this....
My assertion was never at your intended (was never to tell you whether he's right or wrong)
My assertion was to dispel your logic about choosing 1 of 5000

1 Like

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

Here's my question... "What exactly was your calling?".
I was an more of an evangelist though the church leadership gave me pastorial roles occasionally, but soul winning was my passion and what I enjoyed doing most.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by hopefulLandlord: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

You're bad at this....
My assertion was never at your intended (was never to tell you whether he's right or wrong)
My assertion was to dispel your logic about choosing 1 of 5000

Lol

And what logic have you "dispelled"?

Those with the remaining 4999 keys are just as doomed as someone without a key at all

There's a possibility of the door being thrown wide open or there's no door at all since there's a possibility we stay dead after death so holding a key might just end up being as useless as not holding any

And even if your god is the one true God, what makes you so sure he'll throw me in hell

He just might allow atheists and Christians alone into heaven while throwing adherents of other religions into hell since he " works in mysterious ways"

4 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

I was an more of an evangelist though the church leadership gave me pastorial roles occasionally, but soul winning was my passion and what I enjoyed doing most.
I'm sorry sir, but this is not the answer to the question...
What was your calling? Infers in what department of the "5 fold ministry" were you called into?
I'd really appreciate if you can spell this out.
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by HardMirror(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

I'm sorry sir, but this is not the answer to the question...
What was your calling? Infers in what department of the "5 fold ministry" were you called into?
I'd really appreciate if you can spell this out.
Ephesians 4:11. I just told you evangelism -evangelist. What else do you want. Is there another name for evangelist?

3 Likes

Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Lol

And what logic have you "dispelled"?

Those with the remaining 4999 keys are just as doomed as someone without a key at all

There's a possibility of the door being thrown wide open or there's no door at all since there's a possibility we stay dead after death so holding a key might just end up being as useless as not holding any

And even if your god is the one true God, what makes you so sure he'll throw me in hell

He just might allow atheists and Christians alone into heaven while throwing adherents of other religions into hell since he " works in mysterious ways"

Maybe you're getting it...
But there's always a door as every value we hope to possess always has a key.
And the door is always locked and opened only to those who have the key.
Just as the saying goes "If wishes we're horses, beggars would ride".
The quote goes on to dispel the fact that stated doors are thrown wide open

The key to success, the key to wealth, wisdom, long life etc.
This all shows there's always a key.
And if there's a key to all of this, there's surely a key to the life beyond life.
If we stay dead after death, this would mean we never chose to use the key.
If the key grants entry to eternal life, then there must be a deliberate action to open the door.
If my God is the one true God, he won't throw you into hell. My God never would, throw you to hell.
The journey to hell is a process one which you either chose to walk through that process or not.
By definition, hell is the final product you find yourself embracing should you chose to walk through its path. As plants would produce more plants, and animals produce more animals, so does walking the path of hell lead to hell.

As for your final assertion, God just might... Who knows just as you said "God works in mysterious ways"
But then there's another part to this...
Re: Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
HardMirror:

Ephesians 4:11. I just told you evangelism -evangelist. What else do you want. Is there another name for evangelist?
Sorry Sir, but I prefer when individuals are specific... In your previous statement, you made use of the word more of;
HardMirror:

Your use of the word made me think you're not entirely sure.

Might I ask again sir. What was the conviction of your calling and how were you called?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

The New Deeper Life Headquarter Church(pictures) / December 31 Without Crossover Service.. / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.