Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! (53481 Views)

My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit / A Nairalander Pre-wedding Picture After 12 Year Relationship / 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Slept With Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by oyetpel(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2016
Aren't gonna allow any b!tch or hoe in my life for now. Still single at 23 and am happy, though sometimes lonely, tho the touch of women sweet ooo, but no love. Most Nigeria girls aee orcs, they only watch your dough, besides they are expensive to manage. Op, your gf used you as a stepping stone, you baked her, but a customer bought the cake, sorry. I will only date when i think marriage is feasible. The girl i go marry may still be in pry 4 sef.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by 9jaflave: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2016
Such is life for you! Take it as a bad investment and move on with your life. She has found someone else or may be she is bored with you. There are many fishes in the ocean and time heals all wounds. In the scheme of things, a broken relationship counts for nothing. Do not be vengeful. Do not wait on her calls- make new friends, take your schooling/work very seriously. If you look onto things that are ahead, you will find a better lady, but if you keep looking back in anger and regret, then you will be messed up big time!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Adeyeancah(m): 11:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Blossom023:

Lol
abi naa, I'm a witness of a 13yr old of courtship b4 they got married. They were teens when they met. Whether a month, we get married, 9yrs b4 we get married. I don't think there's a particular time for it.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2016
Mariojane:
You ve to move on. Life goes on. What I always tell myself is, I will try to be better than the way I was so that whenever I meet anyone from my pass I will be able to boast about what I have achieved without them and their unfortunate selves. But we need to hear the other Side of the story

I have a question though, you saw the message on Saturday nd none of you call each other until you call on Sunday,Is that how you run your relationship? I don't speak with my fiancé less than 4times in a day and it has been that way for years.

I kw true luv wen I see one.
Impressive.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by SC31(f): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
Agfrank2:
Bro just take it easy and move on.. same thing happened to me and I taught I was never gonna survive it but I had no option than to move on... I tell u that d same girl that dumped for her new love came back begging me to forgive her.. thou I forgave her but now she's nothing to me but my sex tool bro.. she knows the girls I'm dating now is far much beautiful and more complete than her. In case she comes back forgive her and treat her like u av never loved her before.. no matter what she will definitely come back bro cos she will miss u more than u are missing her right now... urs is just 5yrs bro but mine was 6yrs... #move on wink wink smiley
And you're pleased to be using her as a sex tool,what a shame
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by bonnez(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
Are you good in bed? Cos if u truly are she would have found it so difficult to leave you no matter how broke you are.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Kobicove(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
Better just face facts...it's over

She just used you to get through a rough patch in her life.

Besides come to think of it the relationship was really going nowhere...if after 5 year there was no serious sign of committment what did you expect her to do?

Her 'Best before date' is shorter than yours...put yourself in her position then you'll understand

It's better for a lady to dump a guy than for a guy to dump a lady after such a long relationship

Take it as a lesson and move on with your life...you should be over it in the next 1 month.

NB- In my opinion I think she did you a big favour, now you can concentrate all your effort on your education and come out with a good grade! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Jsaviour(f): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
what are
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Jsaviour(f): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
what are u keeping her for 5yrs for, no wonder d bible said don't awaken love till u r ready. maybe d lady is tired of waiting n wants to upgrade to maybe wife n not girlfriend.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by AngelAhnie(f): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Targaeryian:

What's funny about being heartbroken?
Face front
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
sbabimbola:

Brother another bane of a long term relationship, and dating age mates is what you just experienced.

I pray that the Lord will establish you so much so that you'll remember today and laugh out loud.

I can't blame her though, just move on pls.
Ameen, thank u sister
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Zambux(f): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
LordCenturion:

Am very sure that u have done the same for this nonsense u just typed, I expect u to say something reasonable,anyway, I can't blame u, I don't argue with woman because the kind of brain GOD gave them......

Excuse u Mr century, do I know your from anywhere and I don't get your point, quit Sounding bitter
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Perfectaogwoc(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
my candid advice for you is to pick d left pieces of you and yourself and move on,have you taught of life u got...sacrifices u made for her...but u forgot to think of d best guardian u have been for d past 5years..that she made you the best of yourself.. she gave you definition of your hidden potentials... your flaws..but a congratulatory cheers into manhood.. remain always as good as you are don't double date..focus more on where you are going..use these time to give ur life a focus and meaning
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
manopaka:
It is very easy to wait n hope for the relationship to work out with d hope that she wld come come back. that is pure weakness on ur side bro. Before she called it quits she had taken her time to select a new guy...rich guy i believe. What she does not know is that money can come n go at any time, but a good man remains forever...Dust yourself, pick up the crumbs of ur life n mooove on.that is the sane thing to do now!.
Cut off all communications frm her for ur hrts sake. It may take even up to one yr but trust me u will be fine. Similar thing happened to me, mine left after 4yrs.I was set to marry her but no money yet n we agreed to wait wen it comes.She met a rich guy....something led to another n after 8mnths one of her frnds leaked it to me, as she was dating me n planning marriage with him
I took courage, got my self back in shape n now i am living better.Nobody has the key to ur life...n know this- the beautiful ones are not yet born.Complete ur studies...invest in urself...You will sure make it.
I forgot to say dis....cryyyyy plentyyyyy.it is part of the healing processs.
Thanks for the advise crying has now become my daily exercise
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Zambux(f): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
keypad1:
dont curse her you say?

Do you know how many ladies have curse men with their naked va..ginal?

Guy abeg curse her

Who curse epp?? Like u haven't hurt someone directly or indirectly, we human we have erred one way or the other so I don't see any justice curse will bring. Mind u am not saying this cos am female have experienced worse sef
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by tunero1010(m): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
she doesn't love you anymore cos she's got a greener pasture just move on with your life.....if you love someone and the person doesn't love you back you'll just be wasting your time. there are lots of girls out there looking for a guy like you.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
histemple:

Bros, please can you explain why you have been the one helping her financially and even paying her school fees yet you didn't enrol for your HND or B Sc ?
Her parent passed, her mom died last month even before then I always make her comfortable not that I was born with a silver spoon but I do everything for her within my capacity. If I have 2k I prefer to giver 1500 and I will part away with 500naira...its just love nothing more
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
cococandy:
Maybe the relationship is moving nowhere and she wants to settle down. I think she did the right thing except that she didn't discuss it with you first. But Even if she did, you might have started thinking she's desperate or pushing you into something you're not ready for.

There's really no pleasing some dudes. So I don't blame her. A girl's gotta do what's best for her in that anti-woman environment. Afterall na una go still yab her when she's 30 and single.
But to marry them, you won't. You want to date them for 10 yrs. Well You can't eat your cake and have it.

As long as you live in and promote a society where the culture shames ladies ladies for being single past a certain age, you will all be dumped unceremoniously like this when wedding bells seem to chime. Real or fake.
we always discuss about our future plan and all
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2016
tabithababy:
OP, have you introduced her to your family during this 5 years.
I swear to God my mom knows her infact she use to tell me not to fight with her that we are perfect though we are still young...her mom also know me before demise. The most painful part was that my mom save her mobile number with my name.
Its just sad that am going thorugh these hard time I still can't believe I create a topic like this on NL, I always read it online
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
richez25:

Aunty Dove or Vulture, or wateva u call urself. Am not the OP.. Am just tryna console the guy ok.. Keep ur attitude to urself, aiit.. Tanz. And u can stop climbing my molehill, will appreciate that.. Remain blessed as u become positive to life and reduce the attitude, seems u had a terrible one too. PEACE..
Bro its ok, let it slide thanks for the advise God bless u
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by histemple: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
BrokenHeart2016:

Her parent passed, her mom died last month even before then I always make her comfortable not that I was born with a silver spoon but I do everything for her within my capacity. If I have 2k I prefer to giver 1500 and I will part away with 500naira...its just love nothing more

I must say that you are one in a million to have abandoned your own education just to sponsor someone else-----because of love. My brother, I do not advise even my enemy to be like you.

From what you have said, it shows you can even give her your life so she can live why you do otherwise.

Well, there is always a learning point for every human being and I hope you have learnt.
Please henceforth make your personal development a topmost priority.

Focus more on;
How to get more education.
How to make more money.
How to love with both heart and "head".
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by SC31(f): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
ojuolu:

Hi op, you may not get to read this but others will. I will start by telling you that relationship is a two way thing. "It takes two to tango", and the two that tango must have expectations and the expectations also have timeline. Gone is the era of love is blind...not in the present economic realities anyway, If your love have eyes defection, her can see! A woman ideally have following expectations 'ceteris paribus'; Finish secondary education (without getting pregnant), gain admission on time into higher institution, develop a fulfilling , marriage-bound relationship with a guy THAT HAS PROSPECT(prospect...not rich), graduate and get a job as not to become a burden (if possible), settle down and have a family with a man of her dream who can provide security on all fronts(socially, financially, morally, spiritually and emotionally). You might have been in her life when her expectation was at a stage where she need to develop a relationship, but you will agree with me that the expectation, like in Maslow hierarchy of needs theory, would have moved up in the past five years while you are still where you were when she met you. What she did was natural and noble. I wont blame her. She is sensible, practical, forward looking, honest and realistic. You should evaluate yourself and your life. Questions such as these should be answer by you: In the last five years, how have i improved myself? Can i sustain a family now? If yes, at what standard of living? Again when will i be ready to get married and raise kids? Where do i see myself in the next five years? All these questions are self focused. They are called critical self evaluation. Now ask again: this lady i am dating, does she fit into the 'me' now and the 'me' i see in the nearest future? This is called the evaluation of the impacts of your current and future factors on your partner(please this is equally important). She must have done an honest evaluation of herself and her future to arrive at this "painful decision". Please note, she is equally pained. At least, she has given herself emotionally, socially, psychologically and what have you. She had been trying to 'fit into you' in the past years. Please allow her to move on. Your plains are obviously no longer same.
Now i will offer you this advice. Critically evaluate yourself, identifying those areas you need to work on to be fit for a woman of your dream if you really want to be taken serious. The part i made bold in your write up were mere efforts for which you were adequately rewarded when she was with you in whatever manner you may want to look at it. Again, make a visible, concerted and realistic efforts at achieving your dream of being an ideal husband. Remember, to get an ideal partner, you have to first be an ideal partner yourself. Efforts counts for little, results matters a lot. Get results!
a million likes for this comment

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
5 years is not 5 weeks,pls move on with ur life.
At times,the people that claimed to love us are actually breaking our hearts. Life is what you give,and not what you take. There are many gud girls out there,sooner the one for you wil come for you. Take heart and move on!
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
feelings1:
I really don't blame the girl because you could not marry her for five years you met her that's why she left you. Sometimes in life love is not everything and enough. Sometimes it is easy to love than to be loved. There are many beautiful and big fishes in the ocean. Be strong.
Bro, she's 21 and we always talk about our future every single day have promise to marry her and take care of our kids blah blah there was a I want to give her a promise ring but she declined
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
feelings1:
I really don't blame the girl because you could not marry her for five years you met her that's why she left you. Sometimes in life love is not everything and enough. Sometimes it is easy to love than to be loved. There are many beautiful and big fishes in the ocean. Be strong.
Bro, she's 21 and we always talk about our future every single day have promise to marry her and take care of our kids blah blah there was a time I want to give her a promise ring but she declined
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Mariojane(f): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
Josephamstrong1:

I kw true luv wen I see one.
Impressive.
thanks
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2016
blackedwin:
Bro, how old r u and your girlfriend. Will advice u wen I get this data.
I'm 24 she's 21
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Wisefellow(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
It's sad to experience heart break especially when genuine love is involved. Life is full of ups and downs; hope you take it as the latter.

On the contrary, thank your star for the revelation. A woman who will love you, share both thin and thick of life with you is patiently waiting for you out there. Trust me, OP, you will love her in return forever!

I urge you to remain focus, work in the path of success and grow in God's way and surely, beautiful beginning plus happy family awaits you.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by lurdkriss: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
Bross,in d end u still av to move on,lemme tell u a short story,a longtime ago I wz in a long relationship,did all I cld to make sure my gurl wz ok,Godknows. I nevr cheated,I loved her so. Much and then when she. Noticed, she started using it against me,manyh time I caught her cheating but still I will forgive her nd we wld move on,she wld go out with guys wey get cash nd I will be home feeling bad cus I no get money,many times she wld treathen to end d relationship nd I will beg nd beg nd beg like a baby,I felt like I wld die if she left me,one day I woke up and decided to end the relationship,she tot I wz joking,then she realized those guys just wanted to get in her pants,today she still cals me treathening to drink poison and write a letter saying she did it because of me..my responce..madam if u die today, my life goes. On,she sends txt begging me like every day till today,buh aja mi ti sare mheeeeen!!no time to check time, LoL..advice to ubro, concentrate on ur hustle,make money and every other thing Will come to u,if she walks out of ur life then she is not worth all d wahala,if u marry dis gurl today,chances are that she will still cheat on u,I know its not easyh o,jez double ur hustle,concentrate on what ever u do,u will meet a better person very soon. My story long small sha,hope this helps u recover. Cheeer up man.
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by Foxie: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
psucc:
5years is not 5days or 5 months. Having 'served' you for that long without any glimpse of hope of marriage, she has to move on.

Guy truly you no try at all.
I haven't read other comments though, but this is the best response. Brothers/guys! You'll date a girl for more than 2 years, expecting her to chill when time waits for no one. Advice to the brothers/guys, please if you aren't ready for marriage you have no business 'tying down' a girl all in the name of dating. @ Op you expect her to date you for 10years before you wife her? If I were you, I'd have gathered all the money you've been showering on her to marry her since you love her so much, but no! You prefer to date her for so long and keep showering her with gifts and money. It's well!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by BrokenHeart2016: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
Midy28:
if he had proposed this is how he will be let down
Sincerely speaking, its seems you were there during our courtship I swear not to leave her for anything my parent accept her...most time I call her the mother of my kids, we have a goal
Re: My Girlfriend Just Broke Our 5 Year Relationship. Pls I Need Advise!!! by bejick(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
BrokenHeart2016:
Right now my heart is heavy, am in a state of confusion I don't know what to do.On saturday I received the shock of my life through a text message from my girlfriend stating that I should move on with my life that it is over between us, at first I thought I was dreaming because I just got up from bed at exactly 7am, I ignored the text thinking it was a mistake had to shower and get ready for work. The following day which happens to be on sunday I called her and She told me that she has think about it that I should move on with my life...its over!!! I asked her what have I done to deserve such a thing from her she was unable to justify her action.
O boy, my jaw drop e be like say dem use dagger pierced my heart have never experience such thing in my life, I do read it online about how girls break up with their partner with no reason I can't believe this is happening to me. This is a girl that I really care for we met during our National Diploma program in 2012, she will be graduating this year while am about to put in for my HND.
Am not boasting about what have done for her but I just want you guys to understand my plight, I help her financially during her two years of studies pay her school fees and other miscellaneous while am still hustling. During our five years of courtship have never thought of cheating her or dump her for no reason I always make sure she's comfortable because her parents has passed. Since saturday my life have never been the same because the tone of text msg always ring on my head, am so sad right now I can't think straight anymore my boss at work notice my mood today and ask me what's up with me I had to dodge the question....till now I always look at my phone hoping to see her call or text maybe she was joking with me, I really love her so much and I always express my love to her though am not financially bouyant at the moment but I always do everything in my capacity to ensure she is Ok....there was a time i use money meant for my handouts to buy her foodstuffs and all, have sacrifice a lot for her during our academic days I finished with Lower Credit while she has Upper Credit. I'm not jealous of her success but frankly speaking I make impact in her life in general, I do see her as the mother of my kids there are a lot of plan I have for her, we always discuss this all the time. Right now she school in osun state while am hustling here in oyo state but I always travel to visit her from time to time and shower her with a lot of gifts.
Pls I need your advise on how to move on with my life because right now the thing is affecting my life I can't think straight anymore or even sleep very well. Bashing is also allowed I just want u guys to talk sense into my head.

Sorry for my grammatical blunders

hustle and make no do yahoo + ooh, then when you see again you be like thank God I didn't marry her. she may end up getting married to someone you will be 50 times better than. jus use this advice to console yourself. it is gonna be ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

See The Romantic Way A Man Proposed To His Girlfriend That Has Gone Viral(pics) / How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / Man Kneels & Proposes To His Girlfriend In Uyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.