Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910285 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Leakingbasket(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2016
Mikymiko:
If you include 5500CAD as other fund, fund available for stay can be 32,000 Cad.

Thanks so much bro.. I really appreciate. I guess thats been the mistake I made in my previous application.
God bless you Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by realdrayne: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2016
Mikymiko:
I advice you pay your school fees.

Which means I have to wait for cBn? Or is there any other favorable way of making payment, I cannot do the black market thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by realdrayne: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2016
alvinho95:
Hello everyone im Alvin
Ive been following these threads for about 4months now....
Umm.. I got admitted into camosun college,victoria,BC for fall 2016
Paid my Tuition deposit, applied for TRV august 12th
Biometrics august 15th
My application was refused yesterday ...Reason: is that the VO doesnt think im going to leave canada at the end of my studies
Based on travel history and personal assets
Im pretty confused right now .. Im about to defer my admission and reapply.

Please can I know how you made your payment, I have been struggling with the payment for a while now.

Please i need some advice .... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rallymento(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2016
Pls I have tried to contact the school on the letter to of " Evidence to show that work is a requirement for study"

I haven't heard from them...

I need Urgent advice on how to get this asap....

I am for January classes and I am yet to submit my application..

I am going for a graduate certificate Program at Humber college

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by akejucarex(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
My good people how una dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Riddeek:

First of all, my answer is based on research-based masters program

Well, on paper manitoba grants more admission to international students, but i'll vouch for Saskatchewan and i have my reasons

In Saskatchewan before you apply for masters there is this pre-qualification form you will ne asked to fill, which will then be distributed in the faculty to see if supervisors will like such app, then if u pass dat stage, you will be asked to formally apply - which is sure in most cases. (I know this is how ECE does, i don't know abt other departments but i think it might be general, check ur departmental website for more info)

Manitoba too has its advantages like uou do not need to have a supervisor to get admitted, the department will assign for you.

I was also faced with this issue, my own is that i will apply to the two of them (risk management) anyone wey pick me na my luck i just have to "blow" $120
I think its better to overlook $120 than not to get admitted to one.

After dat one sef, person go come start TRV wahala

By the way which course do you want to apply to and is it course-based masters or research-based masters?

Thank you for the response. I want course based cos i no fit for the wahala of securing a supervisor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rheginarh(f): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
Futurewiser:

Thank you for the response. I want course based cos i no fit for the wahala of securing a supervisor.

Some coursed based masters in manitoba requires you to have a supervisor while some research based dont, so it dpends, its not general rule, it varies

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
rheginarh:

Some coursed based masters in manitoba requires you to have a supervisor while some research based dont, so it dpends, its not general rule, it varies

Make them carry their wahala go - i go just give try Sakkatchewan. see what they replied me below.

Hi Kelley,
Our website states that you need to get tentative acceptance from an advisor prior to submitting your online application. Without the tentative acceptance, your application may not be viewed.
Please contact an advisor for tentative acceptance. The list of supervisors is available http://umanitoba.ca/ece/pros_students/grad/admissions.html

Heather
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
Enough of all this refusal bad news, we need a congratulations post, at least once. habaah.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
Haustraliah:
Enough of all this refusal bad news, we need a congratulations post, at least once. habaah.
Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
Riddeek:

First of all, my answer is based on research-based masters program

Well, on paper manitoba grants more admission to international students, but i'll vouch for Saskatchewan and i have my reasons

In Saskatchewan before you apply for masters there is this pre-qualification form you will ne asked to fill, which will then be distributed in the faculty to see if supervisors will like such app, then if u pass dat stage, you will be asked to formally apply - which is sure in most cases. (I know this is how ECE does, i don't know abt other departments but i think it might be general, check ur departmental website for more info)

Manitoba too has its advantages like uou do not need to have a supervisor to get admitted, the department will assign for you.

I was also faced with this issue, my own is that i will apply to the two of them (risk management) anyone wey pick me na my luck i just have to "blow" $120
I think its better to overlook $120 than not to get admitted to one.

After dat one sef, person go come start TRV wahala

By the way which course do you want to apply to and is it course-based masters or research-based masters?

see what saskatchewan said on their site but u said i dont need to secure a supervisor that they will look for me

Research supervisors

We recommend that you contact the faculty that are doing research in an area that interests you before beginning a formal application.

Find a supervisor

Using the list above, find a potential supervisor, read about the work they are currently doing and their past publications. If you think you'd like to work with them, contact them and describe your research interests and past academic experience. If they are accepting students, they will instruct you to begin a formal application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by burrytee(m): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mikymiko:
Amen.
Amen. Cant wait to hear good news flying abeg...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Newman1010: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hello everyone, I need info from people in Nova Scotia.
I've got admission to study at st Mary's uni, Halifax (Masters program).
How is life in Halifax generally and how good is St Mary's university? I need this information as soon as possible.

For those bankers looking for Masters program , kindly check saint Mary's uni MFIN program. A very good result and SOP can get you the admission. The tuition is quiet on the high side though but the curriculum looks great.

Secondly, can I find another company like prodigy that offer international students loans in form of student loans?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by JuneFirst: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
That's a positive sign.
They have received it, and I am sure that you will be approved a study permit.

pabb:
Good day friends,
I was contacted on 27/09/2016 to provide another offer letter since the former has expired. I sent the new offer a day after via the email address provided by them but am yet to hear from them.

My fear is that I needed an acknowledgement or confirmation that my mail was duly received cause I was giving 14 days to do so.

please good ones, what are your taught on this.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mesh2003(f): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
mesh2003:
Hi guys, is anybody in memorial university of newfoundland ( MBA program) at the moment? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES
Ontario Colleges programs search

TIPS ON WRITING AN SOP FOR THE VISA OFFICER Thanks @yemdogg

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

IS IT HARDER OR EASIER TO GET A TRV WITH PGC/PGD ADMISSION VS. MASTERS? Thanks @yemdogg

-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

TRAVELLING TIPS #1
TRAVELLING TIPS #2

LIFE IN CANADA Tips

thanks to @richcasey
***UPDATED***

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Sorry about your denial. "Purpose of visit" is the primary thing you need to worry about; basically the VO is not convinced about your intentions to study in Canada.
For starters, I'd suggest you read these three posts.
1. Tackle common reasons for TRV denial
2. How to write an SOP for the VO
3. TRV for PGC/PGD vs masters

Please read these three posts in detail and then you may ask subsequent questions if you need further brainstorming.
dearnursedeee:
Please,how would I tackle these reasons: you have not convince me you will leave Canada after ur studies. Purpose of visit. Personal assets and financial status. Thanks so much as u contribute

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iphi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
Pls o don't crucify me.... can a family member help me collect my passport at vfs on behalf of me. Denied me grin but I will kick back cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
pabb:
Good day friends,
I was contacted on 27/09/2016 to provide another offer letter since the former has expired. I sent the new offer a day after via the email address provided by them but am yet to hear from them.

My fear is that I needed an acknowledgement or confirmation that my mail was duly received cause I was giving 14 days to do so.

please good ones, what are your taught on this.

Thank you

Have you passed your medical? if yes, when?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TemitopeJ16: 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
burrytee:

Amen. Cant wait to hear good news flying abeg...

It will all end in praise!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Hardidem007(m): 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
[quote author=thesoj post=49979098][/quote]

Thanks for sharing this very important links..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by paparazzi1987(m): 12:28am On Oct 07, 2016
Daarey:
Someone in Canada should please help me with my gcms note, I was refused last week based on "purpose of visit" and "current employment situation" after showing them a reference letter from my uncle's company, stating that I've been working with them since 2012, no payslip or employment letter was added though.
I really need this gcms note so that I can refire soon, my admission has been deferred to January 2017
Pls, PM. I could help you do it over the weekend FoF.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by burrytee(m): 1:59am On Oct 07, 2016
thesoj:
Sorry about your denial. "Purpose of visit" is the primary thing you need to worry about; basically the VO is not convinced about your intentions to study in Canada.
For starters, I'd suggest you read these three posts.
1. Tackle common reasons for TRV denial
2. How to write an SOP for the VO
3. TRV for PGC/PGD vs masters

Please read these three posts in detail and then you may ask subsequent questions if you need further brainstorming.
Baba i go like make you help touchlight my SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by blink6(m): 2:05am On Oct 07, 2016
kas2:

Hello are you there this fall too, na accommodation palaver
No, I am not there, just asking! You should check on any classified website for housing..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by blink6(m): 2:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Newman1010:
Hello everyone, I need info from people in Nova Scotia.
I've got admission to study at st Mary's uni, Halifax (Masters program).
How is life in Halifax generally and how good is St Mary's university? I need this information as soon as possible.

For those bankers looking for Masters program , kindly check saint Mary's uni MFIN program. A very good result and SOP can get you the admission. The tuition is quiet on the high side though but the curriculum looks great.

Secondly, can I find another company like prodigy that offer international students loans in form of student loans?
I have friends from there in my school.. Although, I haven't been there, but I hear it is a beautiful and diverse place(not as diverse as Ontario tho).. I bet you'd love it! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by israel111(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2016
Please someone should help me out, i have problem linking my paper app to my online account.
i open the account through GCKEY

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by opia12345: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2016
hows is Germany stuff now, lets chat up
michV:
I would authoritatively say that Canada no longer want PGD(C) and the chances are 11/100 applicants if chosen. Don't ask me why but i have a cogent convincing fact about this.i would advise that if you r reapplying with PGD or PGc, better look up for another country cos you MIGHT be disappointed again or get lucky..
For those quoting me for contributions on post, i have to channel my time for another study thread i have interest in applying to and push my energy for those countries.
Im off here for the mean time pending...... *1love..*1hustle

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2016
please i am looking for affordable college. pls help a friend
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Daarey: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2016
paparazzi1987:

Pls, PM. I could help you do it over the weekend FoF.

Paparazzi, I just sent you an email, please respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2016
opia12345:
hows is Germany stuff now, lets chat up

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.