Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,183 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271484 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by life707: 12:36am On Dec 01, 2010
@Ussals,
Kindly check my profile.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 7:17am On Dec 01, 2010
freshp n lovsat,
2 lnb and my dstv decoder stil stays put on 0%.
Cld it be d lnb again or d decoder settings?
I use dsd1131 decoder.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 11:02am On Dec 01, 2010
@life707 i saw it thanks much you will see my mail
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
victree4:

freshp n lovsat,
2 lnb and my dstv decoder stil stays put on 0%.
Cld it be d lnb again or d decoder settings?
I use dsd1131 decoder.

this your case has only one option left so before I conclude I would like to ask you this; was the decoder test as when you were buying it? if no then return the decoder for a replacement because with 2 lnb and signal level is at 0% indicates that something is wrong some where.
which means the decoder is DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 8:05am On Dec 02, 2010
d funiest part is dat i took d decoder and d lnb to a friends house, put my decoder in place of his and d signal strenght and quality jumped to 60 and 100%.
I climed his roof, replaced his lnb wit mine witout changing d direction of d dish and d signal strenght and quality stil came alive with both decoders.
Now my conclusion is

either there is no w7 signal in my house because i took d dish round my compound. Or i jst hav to get d instalers to see d magic they'l perform.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2010
@victree4

W7 signal is everywhere maybe there is something you are not doing right. be sure that the line of sight between your dish and the satellite and again what is the distance from your house to the house of your friend. it he has the bird's signal you should also have it.
just look for the right frequency and do your tracking again. Free to Air experiment is not about quitting but winning
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by larryenob(m): 10:59am On Dec 02, 2010
@victree4 what you will do is to get a strong receiver because this will be easy for you to work with, connect the receiver to the dish then do a signal search with DSTV frequency once you are able to get the signal (@last 76-88%) connect the cable back to the Dstv receiver you are good to go

NOTE if you are using strong you will able to no if your LNB is bad
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2010
@all please how can i know that an LNB is bad using strong receiver
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by larryenob(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
Ussals:

@all please how can i know that an LNB is bad using strong receiver
this depend on that type of strong you are using like srt4650 when the signal stren. within 26-27% n quality is with 15-17% stable it mean ur LNB is ok. for srt4653x above you will notice that the signal stren. is within 70%above and stable this mean that ur lnb is ok but when it not stable it mean the lnb is bad
note you also no when the cable is bad by joinin the cable flex n the single copper n check if your receiver will write lnb if it does it mean the cable ok n the lnb is bad
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
larryenob:

this depend on that type of strong you are using like srt4650 when the signal stren. within 26-27% n quality is with 15-17% stable it mean your LNB is ok. for srt4653x above you will notice that the signal stren. is within 70%above and stable this mean that your lnb is ok but when it not stable it mean the lnb is bad
note you also no when the cable is bad by joinin the cable flex n the single copper n check if your receiver will write lnb if it does it mean the cable ok n the lnb is bad
thanks so much.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 2:42pm On Dec 02, 2010
This is to say a big KUDOS to people that are really contributing in this NL three BURSAR to you all
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by miju(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
@all expert i am trying to get a 2meter dish but i don't know if i can get mbc broadcast, euro news, dubai one excluding sport channels. i am residing in lagos, please assist. will it be okay? should i make it mesh or fibre? please advise
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2010
@miju
for the best;get a 3m+fibre dish(especially that you reside in lagos).
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
@all Pls I will like to know the list of satellite birds i will get with 1.8 meter motorised dish. Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2010
sidwell:

@all Pls I will like to know the list of satellite birds i will get with 1.8 meter motorised dish. Thanks
This has been treated so many times in another thread
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2010
Akerekoroabijawara:

This has been treated so many times in another thread
dont mind them noobies,they're the reason(s)some of us are getting irked by the day.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sammu(m): 4:48am On Dec 06, 2010
@akerekoro
Check the thread on motorising 1.8m dish and above for list of sats you can receive.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ sammu,
it was not akere that asked . . .na sidwell grin grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
freshp:

@ sammu,
it was not akere that asked . . .na sidwell grin  grin
abi o. See me see trouble o. How could guru like me go dey ask that kind question? grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2010
@freshp
@akerekoro
there is a saying that says,He that asked for direction never gets lost.is it a crime to ask for what u don't know?don't make jest of the newbies.thanks sammu
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 11:13am On Dec 07, 2010
sidwell:

@freshp
@akerekoro
there is a saying that says,He that asked for direction never gets lost.is it a crime to ask for what u don't know?don't make jest of the newbies.thanks sammu

@ sidwell
well we were just using a lighter mode to let you know that it wise to read through threads before posting.
i know that it is not easy to read all of the post but one thing i know is this. . .nothing comes easy. grin you just have to try to read so that it will be easier for all of us to move forward.
if i have offended you in anyway im so sorry. . . it was not intended.
VIVA FTA
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by magaddai(m): 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
@freshp
That's a matured response from a someone responsible. Pls keep the tempo.
FTA forever.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
magaddai:

@freshp
That's a matured response from a someone responsible. Pls keep the tempo.
FTA forever.

grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Stevolat: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2010
9ice 2 b here
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2010
how do i get tv channels whose freq are written like this 3798r. i know of v and h but i dont know that of r.pls i use strong srt4663x
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by cardoso111(m): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2010
Wiztech mp4 satellite decoder.
can NLanders pls tell me about wiztech-does it work in
nija,whichchanels can I see etc.will appreciate supply and price too.text 08033666045 or mail me cieba777@yahoo.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by life707: 12:42am On Dec 09, 2010
morainez:

how do i get tv channels whose freq are written like this 3798r. i know of v and h but i dont know that of r.pls i use strong srt4663x

R Stands for V While L for H
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bimexb: 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
Dearest friend,

I love the ways you help people meet their needs inthis area and I trust you can also give solutions to my night meres.

I have SRT4669X. my problems are that there are some tv program ms that the audio sound are not coming out what should I do

Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2010
bimex_b:

Dearest friend,

I love the ways you help people meet their needs inthis area and I trust you can also give solutions to my night meres.

I have SRT4669X. my problems are that there are some tv program ms that the audio sound are not coming out what should I do

Thanks
which tv are you talking about?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bimexb: 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2010
am Talking about AMC , KPAKPANDU ,KOLESOLE, AFM+,BLIST SS9 just to mention few pls. help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2010
bimex_b:

am Talking about AMC , KPAKPANDU ,KOLESOLE, AFM+,BLIST SS9 just to mention few pls. help

You need to upgrade your decoder with a patch known as HE-ACC 121p.
Just read through other threads like all about astra 2b for your answers
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bimexb: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2010
please where can I dawnlaod this pach

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.