Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,857 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271294 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2010
@all pls. i need a guide on how to track 2M using 90cm dish i reside in the northern part of nigeria, please i need urgent help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by life707: 12:28am On Nov 09, 2010
Ussals:

@all pls. i need a guide on how to track 2M using 90cm dish i reside in the northern part of nigeria, please i need urgent help

Tracking this bird depends on ur experience on tracking easy birds like sirus4(4.8E), Badr5(26E), astra2b(28.5E) & EW4(36E).

If i assume ur Ans is Yes, then start by boosting ur confidence by trackin 12605v29950(4.8E) & then 12130H27500(Strongest TP on 36E) & note the limits.

In b/w lies 21.5E(2M), narrow down by tracking 12552v19531(28.5E) by moving to the left(facin the dish) from 36E, next track 12322v27500(26E) by moving again left all along moving progressively upwards.

Finally, move once more to the left by tracking 11653v15714(21.5E) while keeping ur eye on ur TV SET for any blink of green

NB: Place ur Lnbf skew to 7pm postion, it gives u the highest chance of hittin GREEN on this bird.

Let us know ur progress. cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by TOWNJUJU: 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2010
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]what about we in the south any luck to hit 2m wit 90cm dish?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Anthofrie(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2010
I am antho. I've been following this fta forum for some years. Thanks to all d guru. I learn installation in here. My problem now is that, i attemp to upgrade my srt4663x reciever. in d process there's power outage. Since then my reciever don't power on again. Please, all d guru in d house. Any solution to my reciever problem will b appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Anthofrie(m): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2010
I am antho. I've been following this fta forum for some years. Thanks to all d guru. I learn installation in here. My problem now is that, i attemp to upgrade my srt4663x reciever. in d process there's power outage. Since then my reciever don't power on again. Please, all d guru in d house. Any solution to my reciever problem will b appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by twinskenny(m): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2010
@anthofrie

u might need to use serial cable to do another upgrade, it has happened to my 69x before. download srt uploader from www.crosat.us. and get a serial cable to do the upgrade
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2010
Good job kenny
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by seaylan: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2010
@ lov4sat thanks 4 replying my post but i still need advice. I want to get an additional dish. Wat satelite can i hope 2 track and wich directn shld d dish be. D one i hv nw is trackin Astra1f (Astra 2b if u choose) and i get multi tv.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2010
seaylan:

@ lov4sat thanks 4 replying my post but i still need advice. I want to get an additional dish. Wat satelite can i hope 2 track and wich directn shld d dish be. D one i hv nw is trackin Astra1f (Astra 2b if u choose) and i get multi tv.
seaylan:

I think you got the best sat any 90cm cud get unless if you plan going deep with bigger dish that is where FTA enjoyment is.
but since you can recieve multi tv stick to that or try sirius 4 and w3a which is some what kind of tricky to nail.
just read the thread carefully and you will sure get help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2010
@seaylan
Visit the FTA reference thread all you need is there.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mdd4: 11:11am On Nov 15, 2010
Weldone gud pple in the house, pls i need help, my oga's dem pls i ve be trying to install a 1m dish with a universal LNBF guys with all the exprience after all there is no reception at all inrespective of the freq, srate, could it be dat d LNBF work with d 1m dishand d strong receiver, pls i need help. cry
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
mdd4:

Weldone gud pple in the house, pls i need help, my oga's dem pls i ve be trying to install a 1m dish with a universal LNBF guys with all the exprience after all there is no reception at all inrespective of the freq, srate, could it be dat d LNBF work with d 1m dishand d strong receiver, pls i need help. cry

Which of the birds did you track with the 1m dish?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jpphilips(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
Does anybody know the where about of CRTV on Astra2b also can anyone compare the stations available on the following satellites with their channel contents?
Astra2b
eutelsat w3a
eutelsat w4
sirus
thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 6:15am On Nov 18, 2010
hi, enitan and oda gurus in da house.
Is it possible for a novice to instal dstv by himself cos al dis installes want to cut off my head with price o.
If its possible, pls kindly put me thru.
I can put d dish on its stand but d angle it shld face is d problem
thanks a lot
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2010
@victree
first u need to mount the dish and take a look at a dish nearby facing the east(where the sun rises).face urs that way too.
then u should check the nairaland child threads on w4/w7 as well as the reference thread.
Pls read the threads very well,i am confident that nailing that bird (and other birds)will be a breeze.
Happy hunting.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mdd4: 11:31am On Nov 18, 2010
Which of the birds did you track with the 1m dish?

Tanx lov4sat, i've tried mytv, sirus, and oders but my man the problem am facing is dat there is no singnal @ all and i ve check and rymes all d settings. d receiver is ok but am looking at LNBF thus u can sti sugest ur ideals.

THANK I APPRICIATE.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2010
@mdd4

well if you say that it is the lnbf, then you maybe right but I advise you check ur connections properly b4 concluding that the lnbf is faulty.
I once had a case like that some time back and I later found out that it was not my lnbf but the connection that has the problem.
I also advise that you try another dish if you have any spare one to see if it is the lnbf that is the problem then log on to www.lynsat.com for sat freq and SR for Africa at least this will go a long way too. happy hunting
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ freshp, thanks 4 d reply.
But i cant locate those thread u assigned me to. Pls kindly help me b4 these installers kill me.
NB. I'm a very technical person.
Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:58am On Nov 19, 2010
@victree
Ok to get to the thread go/scroll to thd top of this page,u will see nairaland | entertainment | tv/movies | satellite tv . .click on the satellite tv link.
It will take you to another window with several threads.just scroll down slowly you will see the ones im talking about.good luck.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2010
thanks freshp.
I saw d threads and this is what i gained.
1. To track eutelsat w4/7 satelite, my dish should be @ 36 deg east.
2. My L.N.B should be @ 4:00 clock.

That aspect is cleared.
So now wat would my decoder settings look like?
Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by TOWNJUJU: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2010
@victree4, if u are using a strong decoder go to menu>>satellite>>select eutelsat w4, come down to manual scan & input this tp 12438, polarity H, Sr 23425 and start ur tracking till u hit green. then do a blind scan.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 11:47am On Nov 19, 2010
@ townjuju, thanks but i use a dstv decoder.
Do u hav any settings 4 me?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Segunod(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2010
victree4:

@ townjuju, thanks but i use a dstv decoder.
Do u hav any settings 4 me?

Strong decoder is usually d best for tracking w4/7 or any other sat. U will sweat well if u want to use dstv decoder or better still u can use a sat tracker/finder to save urself d stress.
Dis might be helpful though: after nailing ur dis as freshp as said to d east, connect ur coaxial cable to d LNB and Decoder and ur decoder to ur tv. then switch on ur decoder and press menu, then select eutelsat w4/7 in d home network box. make sure u keep ur eyes on d signal quality and signal strength bar as they increase while u move ur dish to d appropriate position( i.e eutelsat w4/7) U need a lot of patience to do dis.
happy hunting
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emmycom(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2010
hi good day 2 u all am emmycom pls can any body tell me where i can get software 4my 4663x so dat i can u d 2 at d same time with 1 smartcard.u can send 2 my email box emmysat19000@gmail.com or yahoo.com.10s
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dexade1: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2010
Hi Gurus,

can i get DSTV here in Nigeria activate it and send it to south Africa , can it work over there since they are using w7 or is7. my bro there want to use it to receivc AIT, and LTV
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rastarman(m): 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2010
pls is there any hope for me to receive CRTV again, its not on multi-tv. again
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by astanco(m): 2:31am On Nov 29, 2010
guyz pls does anyone:1. no d code for descrambling rdv & oda fta using a hitv decoder.2 help me wit increasing d nos of fta Ican get wit my 2 small dishes @eutelsatw4,arab2/3,c-band/nss,intel907
Using mpeg2 hitv decoder. Send d reponse to stbuchyasalu42@yahoo.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
@ freshp and odas dat helpd me, thanks a lot.
D reason y i havnt replied is because my decoder was not ready yet.
I hav set everything.
But trackn d w4 sat is d prob.
I'm suspecting my lnb because no matter where i turn it to, d signal quality and strenght remains on 0%.
Is it normal?
Av checkd al d cabls but d same thing.
Pls guys help me or should i return d lnb
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 10:02am On Nov 30, 2010
@victree4

I think you should try another lnb to see if the signal improves becos for the signal to be at 0% is not normal at all.
even when your dish is not facing any satellite the signal strength is suppose to be at between 50% and above.
Happy hunting my bro
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by victree4: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2010
@ lovsat
thanks a lot. That was all i needed.
U guys here are realy good.
I'll return d lnb right away.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ victree

Lov4sat is right , if possible try to get 2 of the lnbs, so that you wont have to run around a lot.
all the best.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2010
@life707 thanks for the reply, i really appreciate but i will like to have your email address so that we can chat. @all did any body knew any c-band satellite that shows champions league? if yes which is it? and how can i go about tracking it. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.