Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (19469 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2006
tongue

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 20, 2006
Haha, Stupid Exu shot himself in the foot with the Muhammad reference, Jesus existed and that's a fact bro. You can argue about his teachings but his existence is beyond argument, it's a historical fact.

Faith is believing something that you know isn't true.

Huh?, You manufacture words now? Then you pull out "Belief not based on proof". I've taken a look in the dictionary and faith is way more than that. The Christian faith has proof, testimonies of the handwork of God, sucks you can't experience it. cheesy

@exu:

take note of that statement/passage i just said. Take note of the part that says "the evidence of things not seen". Meaning what you are believing in can't be seen physically i.e perceived via the 5 senses, BUT evidence it's[He] existence abounds. Now these evidences abound therein the lives of peoples and are made manifest.

Faith can't be believing what's not true as you put it. In that case, what would be "the evidence of things not seen" if they were not true? The keynote there's the evidence, and as such how can something not be true if there is evidence?

Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2006
@Havila: But I thought you area Yoruba man. Ajagbe means the one who shouts down at, Not the one who barks. lol. It seems that with all the father superior education you have, you may not understand anything , except your medicine. Of course, medicine also has its many branches and specializations. It may be that since you are trying to confuse us, you have conningly decided to even twist the meaning of a word that the whole of yoruba citizenry know without having to be scholarly, like Professor of Medicine, more qualified than late Professor Lambo, the the at one time Nigerian formost Neurosurgeon, who was a fellow or even higher at WHO> Havila, do not deceive yourself, ol boy. Omode ko lelasho, ko ni akisa to agbalagba. After the secular education, the type of education that you sordidly got your gear stuck in, I went out to educate myself in other areas of descipline, both secular and spiritual. My geatest accomplishment is learning the Qur'an without having to sit in front of anyone. Now try that. You will quickly descover how hard it is. You do not even know the several developmental stages of human embryoic stages. You remind of a bookworm, but only adequate in the specific narrow field of specialization. You do know that no every aspect of Medicine you know. I am sure you are very good in your epidermiology.

@Mrpataki: Just like most of the chrisyian men, they clearly copy, their predecessors, the writers of the New Testaments. The section known as 'Gospel according to, ' You people are even ashamed to use your real name, even the first name, on a board that is primarily designed for your country men and women. They begin to call themselves havila, Davidylan, Mrpataki. What a line. It reminded me of the way Obafemi Awolowo used to in his hateful mockery of the Ekiti people, thoughtrue, but provincially harsh. He used to say, Awon ekiti je oruko titi, won je oruko eye, Professor Adaba, Professor Aluko, , Professor Odidere, ! Maybe anm too harsh on you Mrpataki. My education is not in question here. Further, I am restricted to write queen's english. I am not presenting a resume to you nor wil that ever happen. It is the like of you people who are too lazy to strick out on your own, seeking the security of employment, working for somebody, always. This is your fate. In Islam, business is also encouraged and permissable to us. I am a trailblazer. You and the rest of your crew are very different from me. There are followers and there are people whol lead. When we write to educate you peple or alert you to your misguidiance and encourage you to use your marble, all we see from you is the snaky way which you people emply, always. Weasseling away! I beg let me hear word!
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 8:53am On Dec 20, 2006
Tayod,

1st Corinthian 11v3: but i want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is her husband and the head of christ is God.

I quite agree that I have elementary reasoning. U can see that u have indeed nailed and caged yourself. U both agreed to mrpataki’s that jesus is God. I may be an illiterate and you very knowledgeable. Go through your response below and see how you contradicted yourself.

I have said in my earlier response that you will not understand the scriptures even after explaining it. The scripture there is talking solely about authority. It is plain and simple. If you care to read the entire chapter, it goes on to explain the fact that a wife should be subject to her husband though the man is not better than the woman, neither is the woman better than the man. Even the verse you quoted summarises this by including the relationship between the husband and the wife in expressing the relationship between Christ and the Father. U said the scripture talked about authority. And u said it explained that a wife should be subjected to her husband though the man is no better than woman, neither is the woman better than man.

Funny you, u nailed yourself. From your explanation above, you are trying to refer to the relationship between man and woman. Now based on your explanation, why don’t you apply the same theory to the other phrase that “the head of Christ is God”. If you apply it to it, it will means that Christ should be subjected to God (on authority too), meaning that as man is different from woman, so also is the difference between Christ and God.

Also if you still want to say that Christ is also God, then man must also be woman or woman is also man.

HAVE U SEEN YOURSELF (NO WAY OUT). JESUS IS GOD INDEED. U claimed that jesus is God but failed to answer simple verse thrown at you from the bible. This is just one of the reasons why jesus is not God. Professor tayod failed woefully in explaining a simple verse to an illiterate student (as put by you). NA WA O.

Mrpataki,

Now, mr important. U posted the below

Now to your question, the verse you have asked is a verse that indicates an organogram of Authority as God have laid it down. The wife is subject to obeying her husband as Even Christ is subject to obeyiing the Father (GOD), and as well the Man is subject to Christ as his head. Even the Bible makes us to know that no man can come to the Father except through Christ whom we are subject to obey.

you indeed caged and contradicted yourself too. You claimed that jesus is also God but contradicted that in your reasoning and explanation. Let me explain to you as an illiterate (waoh). U said the wife is subject to obeying her husband and that Christ is subject to obeying father. Let me ask you here. Who is Christ (God) obeying father (jesus). Or did you meant that God (jesus) on earth is obeying jesus (God) in heaven.

You are now turning the table. I could remember that you and I started this thread and u claimed that jesus is God. But from your explanation, you are changing your words. From your statement, it showed that Christ (jesus) is different from God. OR U WANT TO CHANGE IT AGAIN THAT HE IS GOD.

Also based on organogram of authority, it means that one person must report to another person (that is issue of delegation of authority between junior and senior). Meaning that Christ (jesus) receives order from God. So they cant be the same.

SO IN A NUTSHELL, I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BRING YOU ALL OUT (HAVILA, DAVIDYLAN, MRIMPORTANT) FROM YOUR IGNORANT STATE THAT JESUS IS NOT GOD

Davidylan,

You called the above explanation. I thought u all claimed that jesus is God, but when u saw a verse that nullified your claim in which you failed to explain, you decided to turn the table and accept that jesus is not God (based on your explanation)

U ALL AGREE THAT JESUS IS A SEPARATE BEING FROM GOD ACCORDING TO THE ORGANOGRAM OF PROFESSOR MRPATAKI ON DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY COS JESUS RECEIVES ORDER FROM FATHER. CASE CLOSED OR U STILL WANT TO APPEAL THAT JESUS IS GOD.

Please always read your bible very well and stop relying on hearsay. Jesus is by far different from God.

SEEK FOR KNOWLEDGE BE IT CHINA AND STOP WALLOWING IN YOUR IGNORANCE.
TAKE CARE SEE U LATER
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 20, 2006
babs787:

Davidylan,

You called the above explanation. I thought u all claimed that jesus is God, but when u saw a verse that nullified your claim in which you failed to explain, you decided to turn the table and accept that jesus is not God (based on your explanation)

U ALL AGREE THAT JESUS IS A SEPARATE BEING FROM GOD ACCORDING TO THE ORGANOGRAM OF PROFESSOR MRPATAKI ON DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY COS JESUS RECEIVES ORDER FROM FATHER. CASE CLOSED OR U STILL WANT TO APPEAL THAT JESUS IS GOD.

Please always read your bible very well and stop relying on hearsay. Jesus is by far different from God.

What nonsense is this? Where did i indicate that Jesus is not God? Just in case you find it hard to process information let me repeat it one final time for your benefit! JESUS IS GOD ALMIGHTY!

Read our bibles very well? Did we indicate to you that we were having problems doing that? Do you read your own quran at all or do nothing more than ferreting for "contradictions" in the bible that are wholly based on your ignorance and spiritual darkness?
Re: Is Jesus God? by pblessed(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2006
Hey guys, the truth is, arguing that Jesus is God is like arguing that u are a human being, if Jesus isn't God then who is he, who is his father, it wasn't Joseph, u all know the story, the life of every child comes from the father, in the case of Jesus the life came from God, the word was planted into the womb of Mary, so if God is his father, what will he be? A God definately.

So let's stop arguing that fact, but instead take advantage of his presence on the earth by the Holy Spirit, you know in Matt 1:18 Jesus was call the Child of the Holy Ghost, if He is the child then he also is the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is God. when a man get born again, the same thing happens, so if u argue about Jesus what is i tell u I am a God too.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Seun(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2006
Why does God feel the need to present himself as multiple personalities? Why can't he just be himself?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2006
Seun:

Why does God feel the need to present himself as multiple personalities? Why can't he just be himself?

Jesus Himself knew that at the last days, men would be asking these kind of questions so he had already provided answers:

Matt 13: 9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed;
lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2006
davidylan,

sorry, it wasnt meant for you. it was for your brothers.
they have changed the tune. it seems they r not with you again. i raised the thread for mrpataki. he was saying jesus is God, but when i threw the verse to him and his counterpart havila, they both nailed themselves with regards to their explanations.

learned professor davidylan, maybe u can bail them out based on the verse above. their explanations was off the track.

once again, if you are still saying JESUS IS GOD, let me add this to the already unaswered verse and you do justice to the two.

1st Corinthian 11v3: but i want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is her husband and the head of christ is God.

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I (John 14:28)

WHO WAS HE REFERRING TO AS HIS FATHER IF HE IS ALSO GOD? HE EVEN SAID GOD IS GREATER THAN HIM. SO HOW DO WE EQUATE JESUS TO GOD?

MORE STILL COMING
Re: Is Jesus God? by exu(m): 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2006
Hi Donzman,
Donzman:

Haha, Stupid Exu shot himself in the foot with the Muhammad reference, Jesus existed and that's a fact bro. You can argue about his teachings but his existence is beyond argument, it's a historical fact.

Is it really? If that were the case then there would be no historical debate.

People far more intelligent than you are still debating this.

Try reading something other than the Bible.

Huh?, You manufacture words now? Then you pull out "Belief not based on proof". I've taken a look in the dictionary and faith is way more than that. The Christian faith has proof, testimonies of the handwork of God, sucks you can't experience it. cheesy

Where is your 'proof'?

p.s.
If that were truely the case it wouldn't be called 'faith' now would it?

p.p.s.
Would I be wrong in guessing that what really hurt your feelings is the thought that Islam has more evidence to support its history than Christianity?
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ babs787,
You know where some of various confusions lies,
the ability to comprehend that God could manifest himself in various ways to man.

God has made himself manifest in three ways, which i will try to explain here and several others too will explain further to you.

A. As our Father, God Almighty, the ruler of heaven and earth, creator of the universe, the Omnipresent, Omniscient God, the Alfa and Omega, the Ubiquitous one!

B. As Jesus Christ, reconciler of the heart of man back to his Maker God Almighty,the Prince of peace, our Saviour and redeemer, a true friend in times of need and quite a whole lot more he represents to us as christians.

C. As the Holy Sprit, our comforter and friend, who will guide us into all truth, he guides us from the evil one, our inspiration and source of strength, an encourager to those who are in despair!

Now when i met the organogram of Authority, it is the way God had appointed it before time, which i will try to demonstrate here
GOD
-
CHRIST JESUS
-
MAN
-
WIFE
God before time appointed the man to be the head of the woman, and a woman is subject to obeying her man, as we are subject to obeying Christ who is our head, as Christ is subject to God who is our Father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2006
@ Exu,
Christ will always be a subject of debate down the lane of history!
exu:

p.p.s.
Would I be wrong in guessing that what really hurt your feelings is the thought that Islam has more evidence to support its history than Christianity?
If you must know the Joy and peace we have in christianity and we experience through the help of the holyspirit our comforter makes it a real proof that following christ is real! Not an archealogical evidence of fallacies given to confuse men like you. Thats why no matter the amount of controversies and contradictory topics people try to raise about Christ, you never see christians raising placards and blowing down buildings, killing people all just to defend a fraudulent religion as Islam.

Furthermore, What further evidence do we need in history than that which has already been done, A man laying down his life just to redeem us from sins and reconcile our heart back to God!
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2006
Mrpataki,

is that ur response? u r still contradicting urself. cant u read over what u posted below

[b]@ babs787,
You know where some of various confusions lies,
the ability to comprehend that God could manifest himself in various ways to man.

God has made himself manifest in three ways, which i will try to explain here and several others too will explain further to you.

A. As our Father, God Almighty, the ruler of heaven and earth, creator of the universe, the Omnipresent, Omniscient God, the Alfa and Omega, the Ubiquitous one!

B. As Jesus Christ, reconciler of the heart of man back to his Maker God Almighty,the Prince of peace, our Saviour and redeemer, a true friend in times of need and quite a whole lot more he represents to us as christians.

C. As the Holy Sprit, our comforter and friend, who will guide us into all truth, he guides us from the evil one, our inspiration and source of strength, an encourager to those who are in despair!

Now when i met the organogram of Authority, it is the way God had appointed it before time, which i will try to demonstrate here
GOD
-
CHRIST JESUS
-
MAN
-
WIFE
God before time appointed the man to be the head of the woman, and a woman is subject to obeying her man, as we are subject to obeying Christ who is our head, as Christ is subject to God who is our Father.[/b]

U PUT GOD UP, WHY DIDNT U PUT JESUS IN GOD'S POSITION. ur organoram is quite different from what u r saying. it will better for you to close the chapter rather than contradicting yourself more.

u saw your drawing up

u said God could manifest himself in varius ways meaning that so far he is jesus, he can also be man or woman. didnt you read the verse. the same phrase applied to man being the head of woman and also God being the head of christ.

then God must be four then and not three or even five.god is father, son, holy spirit, man and woman. 1+1+1+1+1 = 5. five gods

i will have to open another thread for 'TRINITY' there you will learn the origin of trinity and also the trinity of pagans in resemblamce to that of christianity.

go through your response again below

God before time appointed the man to be the head of the woman, and a woman is subject to obeying her man, as we are subject to obeying Christ who is our head, as Christ is subject to God who is our Father.[/b]

i told you to use the same criteria to judge the two but u r laying emphasis on christ. the phrase is the same. so if man could be the head of woman and woman is subjected to be obeying her, then christ is subjected to God and and God is his head.
so if u still dont understand, if God is Jesus or jesus is God, then man must be woman or woman man.

u also said christ is subjected to the father. are u saying christ is subjected to himself(God) cos u claimed he is still the same?

i hope uve understood now. if you havent, read and re-read then after you are through. provide me explanation on the below too.

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I (John 14:28)

MAYBE U WILL STILL TELL ME THAT GOD AND JESUS ARE SAME COS THE VERSE IS VERY GLARING. JESUS REFERRED TO GOD AS GREATER THAN HIM. WHAT BETTER CLARIFICATION DO U NEED MORE THAN THESE?

MORE STILL COMING, BUT WAITING FOR UR RESPONSE
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 3:14pm On Dec 20, 2006
mrpataki,

from your organogram, man is the head of woman, jesus is the head of man and God is the head of christ. if u want to say christ is the same as God.man is the same as woman and then the four parties involved are gods(same).

as priority is given to man over woman so also to God over christ, they r separate being.

am waiting for your response to other verse too.

take care
Re: Is Jesus God? by Aggressa(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila:
(1) But I thought you area Yoruba man. "Ajagbe" means the one who shouts down at, Not the one who barks. lol.

(2) After the secular education, the type of education that you sordidly got your gear stuck in, I went out to educate myself in other areas of descipline, both secular and spiritual. My geatest accomplishment is learning the Qur'an without having to sit in front of anyone.

@Pa Olabowale,
In your "elitist" attempt to be more american "immigrant" than the "original" ijebu man that you really are, you are loosing the sense of "figurative meaning/interpretation" and understanding of Yoruba. Maybe you are like one of those funny Nigerians with insecure personal identify, that I occasionaly come across in my travels. They are the one who always want to speak with twisted american slangs/phonetics, but unfortunately heavily laced with their local ibadan or ijebu accent. They end up sounding like a comedian.
Figuratively, in Yoruba, "Ajagbe" is NOT one who shouts but "one who barks"; because it is expected that no "normal human being" will "ja igbe". To shout at somebody as a normal human being is to "pa ariwo mo" that person. Do you now get the difference between the two?. Since it is a dog that "gbo" or barks; as such, a dog-like man that barks could be figuratively described as "ajagbe". So if you call yourself "ajagbe", then that's your problem, not mine grin grin. I wish you'all the best. But I wont call you 'ajagbe' because it is not good for your health, as I have explained the meaning figuratively speaking. grin

As per your secular/spiritual education, well it is obvious that "oku die ka'ato" in both areas. As for me, there is no difference between my professional job and my faith; because everything I do, I do it as unto the Lord and to the Glory of the God through faith in Jesus Christ. Maybe, you are lucky you learned your quran without 'sitting in front of anyone', probably they would have confused you more than you are now. Therefore, I pray that the true Salvation of God, that comes through the appropiation of the power in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, will come into your life and your family, Amen.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2006
babs747,

Your problem is that you have chosen to interprete the Bible in an unbiblical way. To read the scriptures, you have to learn to balance scripture with scripture. In your case, you have done exactly what the Bible admonishes us to avoid: "Do not go beyond what is written." - 1 Corinthians 4:6.

I have told you to read that scripture in the context of the entire chapter to derive the whole meaning, but of course you choose to wallow in your own self-deceit. While there may not be much room for thinking in Islam, there is abundant room for doing that in Christianity. We are at liberty to think through a scripture according to the way the Bible admonishes us to do it: Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

If you were someone gifted with insight, I would go further to explain these verses to you in line with the revelation in Genesis, but of course it will only be unprofitable to you. However, for those who have received the mysteries of God, I will explain further that which has thoroughly confused you as well as your prophet.

To begin with, the passage in 1 corinthians refers to a husband and wife situation and not a male to female issue. Being a man, I am not the head of any woman but my wife.  Infact, a technical look at the Bible reveals that only a maried male can be refered to as a Man, and only a married female can be refered to as a woman. If we keep this perspective, then we will begin to understand the mind of God when the issue of Christ is mentioned.

In Genesis, we are told that God created mankind in His image, and to accomplish this, mankind was created as male and female. The logical question to ask is: so what is the image of God? We will find the answer in 2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. In other words, marriage was established by God to point to His Christ! Anyone with biblical understanding will know that the Bible refers to a husband and his wife as ONE. To those who are doing mathmatics, they will say that is not possible since 1+1=2 which is true. But we understand that the Bible is not talking about one plus one, but rather ONE IN ONE which is ONE

Understanding also that Christ, though seemingly a different personage from the Father is the same one and only God within the same Godhead.  So the trinity is not about 1+1+1=3, but rather it is about 1 in 1 in 1 = 1..  Hear directly from Jesus in John 14:11 Believe me that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

I have cut the explanations short knowing full well that those who care to know will study the scriptures to understand the fine prints. But as for you babs747, the mystery of Godliness will NEVER beunraveled to you until you begin by asking the question: What can I do to be saved? When you have received the gift of salvation then will you be among those of whom it is written: "Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, " Luke 8:10
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 21, 2006
TayoD:

Understanding also that Christ, though seemingly a different personage from the Father is the same one and only God within the same Godhead. So the trinity is not about 1+1+1=3, but rather it is about 1 in 1 in 1 = 1.. Hear directly from Jesus in John 14:11 Believe me that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Thanks a million for that mathematical expression, 1 in 1 in 1 = 1
That is the best explanation for the conundrum of trinity that i have seen so far, permit to borrow it for future use.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 1:07am On Dec 21, 2006
@davidylan,

Please go ahead and use it.  Perhaps I should have also mentioned that I got that understanding from "The Last Outcast" - The book by Rev Chris Okotie.  Have your read it?
Re: Is Jesus God? by hotangel2(f): 2:20am On Dec 21, 2006
Jesus is Lord.
Jesus is part of the trinity.
Being part of the trinity makes Jesus God.
Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit are ONE (according to the bible, So all you mathimatical genius, Please Shut your trap).
When 3 becomes ONE, there's no BOSS.

The way i see it, You can call God Jesus if you want.

Although it is said that the holy spirit has his Job e.t.c. =I still believe in me that they all work together and that makes them one.

If you want to believe Jesus is GOD. Be free to do so.
If you feel as though you want to show baba God some deep level of respect, Go ahead and do that.

Feeling as though God is on top of the trinity doesn't mean that you can disrespect Jesus, nor the Holy Spirit anymore than you can God.

The way i see it, we put a higher level of respect on GOD. But in all truth, you can't get to God without calling Jesus's name in Prayer. If i didn't get anything out of sunday school, i remember that we should pray in "Jesus's name".
When we say The lord's prayer, we say "our father". Who is our father? God or Jesus? I say All of the above.

Just because you feel in your head AGAIN that God is the head of the trinity, doesn't mean you wouldn't respect, honor, and adore Jesus and the Holy spirit.

You offend one of them, and you've offended them all. Key word. "ONE". Three became ONE. Ring it in your hear.

Question: So is Jesus GOD?
Answer: As long as you believe in the trinity, YES Jesus IS GOD.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2006
@Davidylan: 1 in 1 in 1 = 1? Davidylan, if you take 1 from 1 in 1 in 1 = 1, then you get a fat 0! That was your Bible god, before your 1 was born through his mother. So before this birth, when he was being formed in the pregnancy, you must never forget he was even less than 1. When he was born, he was a weak and helpless 1. When he was young, before attaining strenght, he was a juvenile 1. Before his declaration of ministry, he was an eventless and unimportant 1. When he was being punished and crucified, you now know where I am going with my 1 comic relief. When your one died, you came back to the Zero, that you begin with all along.

The question is this: Who continued to be the Watcher and Lord over all craetions, before the concept of your weak 1 in 1 in 1 = 1 unfounded hypothesis? Think, davidylan, think my man.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 21, 2006
@Olabowale

Are you chronically daft or what?, It's one God playing different personality roles, don't you get it?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 21, 2006
olabowale:

@Davidylan: 1 in 1 in 1 = 1? Davidylan, if you take 1 from 1 in 1 in 1 = 1, then you get a fat 0! That was your Bible god, before your 1 was born through his mother. So before this birth, when he was being formed in the pregnancy, you must never forget he was even less than 1. When he was born, he was a weak and helpless 1. When he was young, before attaining strenght, he was a juvenile 1. Before his declaration of ministry, he was an eventless and unimportant 1. When he was being punished and crucified, you now know where I am going with my 1 comic relief. When your one died, you came back to the Zero, that you begin with all along.

The question is this: Who continued to be the Watcher and Lord over all craetions, before the concept of your weak 1 in 1 in 1 = 1 unfounded hypothesis? Think, davidylan, think my man.

wait! Why did you forget to continue your comic relief with the resurrection of Jesus?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2006
Sometimes I wonder for these muslims , how can you follow a man who didn't know where he was going after his death?, You could be following him to a bottomless pit, how would you know? grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Ndipe(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2006
Guys, just an advice. Quit arguing with those who choose to disbelieve the Gospel. It is like going on an endless journey. Already, some folks, who espouse Christianity as their religion have descended so low to spew insults at other non-Christians. Please, be forewarned.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2006
tayod,

funny how you interprete the bible. u read the verse and see the response u gave.

[b]If you were someone gifted with insight, I would go further to explain these verses to you in line with the revelation in Genesis, but of course it will only be unprofitable to you. However, for those who have received the mysteries of God, I will explain further that which has thoroughly confused you as well as your prophet.

To begin with, the passage in 1 corinthians refers to a husband and wife situation and not a male to female issue. Being a man, I am not the head of any woman but my wife. Infact, a technical look at the Bible reveals that only a maried male can be refered to as a Man, and only a married female can be refered to as a woman. If we keep this perspective, then we will begin to understand the mind of God when the issue of Christ is mentioned.
[/b]

FUNNY YOU. OF WHAT RELEVANCE IS THE ABOVE?

ALSo u said this

[b]In other words, marriage was established by God to point to His Christ! Anyone with biblical understanding will know that the Bible refers to a husband and his wife as ONE. To those who are doing mathmatics, they will say that is not possible since 1+1=2 which is true. But we understand that the Bible is not talking about one plus one, but rather ONE IN ONE which is ONE. [/b]

u claimed to have understanding of the bible, go to the verse and re-read, the verse talked about authority and not man and woman as one in terms of marriage. the verse meant woman is subjected to man likewise man is under the control of christ and finally christ is under God.

u also said that the verse referred to marriage, where did u see that man?

now for ur understanding, man and woman being one means that are no more with their parent and agreed to be together and be leaving together, sharing things and doings together. the meaning of the one means that they will be doing things together BUT THAT DOESN NOT QUALIFY THEM TO BE SAME OR ONE TAKING THE ROLE OF ANOTHER.

if you agree to the above, so also is jesus with God. jesus is a separate being from God. he takes authority from God.

u also posted the below as saying of jesus
[b]Hear directly from Jesus in John 14:11 Believe me that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. [/b]

if as a result of what jesus said made him to be God, then go through the verse below too.
john 17v21: that they (disciples) all may be be one, as thou, father art in me and i in thee, that they may also be one in us.

DOES THE ABOVE MEANT THAT JESUS IS ALSO DISCIPLES AND DISCIPLES ARE ALSO JESUS?

if you are able to answer the above, pls add this to it too

also maybe you have forgotten that when jesus faced trial, he went to pray to God to remove the cup (death) from him, ,. he did this thrice and also from your bible when he was crucified (in your bible) and about to give up the ghost, he shouted saying God, why has thou forsakken me.

let me ask, who did he prayed to and who was he refering to as WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN ME.
COMING SOON, "TRINITY"

waiting for your response. so your 1+1+1=3. good professor.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2006
It never fails to amaze me how much people write about a non existent person. How people argue about how someone should be addressed or if 1 is one or 1+1 = 1 or 2  grin grin grin

Let's get real people. Lets all help each other and stop this Jesus, God, Allah amd Mo-Ham- Head bullshit. It has only ever caused mankind suffering and grief.

The invisible man who lives in the sky never appears, never answers prayers, never intervenes and never will. The reason why? HE DOES NOT EXIST. ONLY IN YOUR MINDS!

If only for a  few hours people could put this nonsense out of their minds the World would be a far better place!

Who cares is someone is called God, Prince. Messiah, Herbert, King or Fairy Big Balls. It does not help us live  a better life, it just turns your otherwise clever brains into pulp.

Forget about the invisible ghosts and face reality. We are the reality and nothing else!

When we die we are no more. We are eaten by the worms and we fertilise the earth so that the plants can grow and feed the next generation of the species. So why waste the short time we have with this absolute fantasy nonsense.

God protect me, God cure me, God help me , God give me money, God let that football team win, God let me get that blonde into bed etc etc etc etc etc,  STOP IT ,  Nobody is listening as there is nobody there  undecided

Make the most of your life whilst you are here as there is no place else that you are going lipsrsealed

Peace
Re: Is Jesus God? by dcafe(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2006
Hi people, I have followed this thread with caution and tried to stay clear.Why?
I have learned that topics on religion are delicate and that none of you on this thread will leave nairaland dropping the opinion or mindset he or she had at the very start of the thread.So I say, what's the point?

I have met people who live a Godly, Christian Life and would not hurt an insect not to talk of a human being only to find out they are atheists.On the other hand I have met Born again Christians or Muslims who cheat, steal and are so so selfish that you'ld be amazed.

The Guy who lives on the flat above mine keeps us awake some nights with 2, 3 hour prayers which starts round about 12 midnight chokes us up with spiritual incense in the air, yet yesterday while trying to fix his TV antenna, shifted the main drainage pipe attached to the wall with his ladder (obviously an accident), broke my inlet and his, called a plumber to fix his own and left mine damaged without even owning up. Would Jesus do This??

We need to look beyond religion and take control of our collective destiny. After all we on the same planet out of billions of others. What if Jesus is God or God is Mohammed? Does this leave you fufilled in live? Does this help the Iraqis or the dying children and adults in Dafur?
Rise above this level my friends, go on to the next level where you do not see christian, muslim e.t.c. all you see will be humanity.

Peace y'all
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2006
@babs747,

I have said before that you cannot receive the things of the Spirit because they are spirituallt discerned, and you have proved me right in your following post. In any case, I stand by what I said that the passage talks about authority as a consequence of marriage. Man is head over a woman (only as in marriage). You are not head over every woman you come across, rather you are head over your wife. If you can't understand that, then you will never understand anything else.

if as a result of what jesus said made him to be God, then go through the verse below too.
What Jesus said did not make Him God, rather He said what He said because He is God. Your confusion with regards to the baby born to Mary should dissapear when you read the scriptures that says in Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: That baby is the vessel that carried God and that vessel was annointed with the Oil of Gladness at the resurrection. This also I have explained before and you obviously dont understand.

You also wonder who Jesus was talking to. The answer to that I also shared with you earlier from Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. This is just one of the few scenarios where we see a conversation between the Godhead even before Jesus came to earth. Now this conversation was recorded by David, whom your koran refers to as God's Caliph in 2:30 and 38:26. Unless you wish to tell us that the one whom your allah claims to be God's trustee or vice-regent on earth does not know what he is talking about.

So if a conversation could take place between the Godhead while in eternity, nothing keeps the same from happening while the Son was on earth within that body. I hope you know that prayer is essentially a conversation between two parties.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2006
tayode d,

u r the most dillusioned person i have ever come across

babs747,

I have said before that you cannot receive the things of the Spirit because they are spirituallt discerned, and you have proved me right in your following post. In any case, I stand by what I said that the passage talks about authority as a consequence of marriage. Man is head over a woman (only as in marriage). You are not head over every woman you come across, rather you are head over your wife. If you can't understand that, then you will never understand anything else.

WHERE DID I MENTION IT THAT AM THE HEAD OF EVERY WOMAN?
IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN POST, GO OEVER IT AGAIN AND MY EXPLANATON AND STOP EVADING AND BEATING AROUND THE BUSH.

ALSO .

I QUOTED A VERSE THJERE AND DEMANDED FOR THE EXPLANATION BUT U DEVISED ANOTHER STRATEGY THROWING ANOTHER VERSE AT ME. BEFORE U DIVERT, RESPOND TO MY VERSE AS REGARDS THE EXPLANATION

I NEED EXCPLANATIONM NON THE BELOW TOO

if you are able to answer the above, please add this to it too

also maybe you have forgotten that when jesus faced trial, he went to pray to God to remove the cup (death) from him, ,. he did this thrice and also from your bible when he was crucified (in your bible) and about to give up the ghost, he shouted saying God, why has thou forsakken me.

let me ask, who did he prayed to and who was he refering to as WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN ME.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2006
will be back soon
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2006
@ Dcafe

Very sensible words indeed!
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2006
babs787,

Since you are unable to understand my simple explanations, can you just go through the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians and tell us what you understand by it. That way, I can begin to understand your elemenatry reasoning and accord you such consideration in my future replies.

And by the way, the Bible can only be understood in line with other scriptures. So telling me to explain a passage to you without referncing relevant scriptures is a mere waste of time. If you choose not to read the bible in the way it admonishes you to, then you are just wasting your time opening those sacred pages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's Lawyer Threathens To Sue Sahara Reporters For N1 Billion / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / "touch Not My Anointed" Taken Out Of Context Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.