Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3541964 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (3312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
A piece of advice for people like me who are trying to find their feet in this domaining stuff.

If an end user you contact asks you for price, consider sending them link to your preferred marketplace where you listed the name when replying - that's if you have specified a BIN price. I learnt this the hard way with a small sale ($xx) recently.

I used a Namesilo lander before sending emails to end users. My thought was that interested persons would check the domain in their browser if interested.

A couple replied indicating interest and asking for the price. I gave the low BIN. About a couple of hours later, I received a notification from Afternic that the name had been sold via their network. You know what that meant - higher fees for nothing!

Learn from my naivety, newbies.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Truth4eva: 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
tinnymerit:
PLS HOW DO I REGISTER ON NETWORK SOLUTIONS I CANT FIND THE REGISTER BUTTON BUT ONLY LOGIN BUTTON.THANKS

@iyke
@ other gurus Here

https://www.networksolutions.com/network-solutions-domains.jsp?siteid=8&channelid=P99C8S570N0B9A1D38E0000V148&promo=NEWACQ99&msclkid=aad1a1d3f32f1c2806b0fb2c6ca51fcf&gclid=CKD5rYHwkNsCFW2oZQodyIEPEg&gclsrc=ds
Also, if you don't need privacy for your domain, you can cancel it. Then you will only have to pay $1 for that domain.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
U1:
A piece of advice for people like me who are trying to find their feet in this domaining stuff.

If an end user you contact asks you for price, consider sending them link to your preferred marketplace where you listed the name when replying - that's if you have specified a BIN price. I learnt this the hard way with a small sale ($xx) recently.

I used a Namesilo lander before sending emails to end users. My thought was that interested persons would check the domain in their browser if interested.

A couple replied indicating interest and asking for the price. I gave the low BIN. About a couple of hours later, I received a notification from Afternic that the name has been sold via their network. You know what that means - higher fees for nothing!

First thing is to set up your landing page with your BUY IT NOW price before contacting end users. Some of the end users may not even reply but will visit the Domain directly if interested and if the buy now price is within their budget, they purchase over there without even contacting you at all. Seems that most of them don't have much time.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Cation(m): 12:06am On Sep 10, 2018
Truth4eva:

https://www.networksolutions.com/network-solutions-domains.jsp?siteid=8&channelid=P99C8S570N0B9A1D38E0000V148&promo=NEWACQ99&msclkid=aad1a1d3f32f1c2806b0fb2c6ca51fcf&gclid=CKD5rYHwkNsCFW2oZQodyIEPEg&gclsrc=ds
Also, if you don't need privacy for your domain, you can cancel it. Then you will only have to pay $1 for that domain.
saying my card number is incorrect and cant process
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 3:08am On Sep 10, 2018
Its it advisable to buy a domain name of a business you know, and they are the only ones with that business name, and trying to sell the domain name to them. Isn't that cyber squatting?.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by expertix(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2018
dvkot:
iykepromotions , Farouksenior ,and all the OG's in the house please which card do you guys use to buy domain from ntwrksolution, my GTB Card was declined
Try to visit one of their branches and complain to their customer care and you will be advised on what to do to activate your card.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2018
awoofawoo:
Please remove email bro thank

Check ur email.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by awoofawoo: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2018
Farouksenior:

Check ur email.
Are you titipp.....
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
awoofawoo:
Are you tiny tap.....

K23FRd3
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by awoofawoo: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
Farouksenior:

K23FRd3
had reply to email.

Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
iykepromotions:
First thing is to set up your landing page with your BUY IT NOW price before contacting end users. Some of the end users may not even reply but will visit the Domain directly if interested and if the buy now price is within their budget, they purchase over there without even contacting you at all. Seems that most of them don't have much time.

Thanks, bro. That's actually what I meant by "Namesilo lander." I only listed the name on Afternic for promotion on its network.

But I am sure it was one of those contacted that bought it.

One approach I'm thinking of adopting going forward is quoting a slightly higher price on Afternic.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by morganemma15: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
Do you need to fill in account details when registering with Namesilo?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by morganemma15: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
Do you need to fill in account details when registering with Namesilo?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tinnymerit(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tinnymerit(m): 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
dvkot:
first of all pick a domain you want to register, then you can sign up from there, was tricky for me too at first.

Now my hard part is paying for the domains in my cart as my card is getting declined even though I am paying through PayPal it's not being accepted but it's working on another site.

Thanks i ap8
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
ikihealthplus:
This domain biz no easy sha...I don send like 30 outbound emails on one domain alone no replies.....Na only 1 SA company come reply me ask me how much,,I told them it's $559, they told me to convert it to Rand and I did. They now said they'll get back to me...Na vigil I dey grin
finally the fool played along with me and stopped replying mails...ill just continue with my life jare sad
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
Earn a side income while freelancing. Membership closes soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/4724642/fundamental-trading-weekly-trade-setups#71061178
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Truth4eva: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Cation:

saying my card number is incorrect and cant process
Do not leave any space when imputing the numbers and check the details very well. Anyway, which bank is that?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Cation(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
Truth4eva:

Do not leave any space when imputing the numbers and check the details very well. Anyway, which bank is that?
GTbank.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
ikihealthplus:
finally the fool played along with me and stopped replying mails...ill just continue with my life jare sad

"He/she is not a fool"..they just had interest in the domain and later loss interest, prolly because of the price or they were just curious to know the price u would ask for the name.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 9:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
Cation:
GTbank.

Gt has been working fine on this side, try again or contact gt customer service, if the situation is the same.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Cation(m): 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
jamih:

Gt has been working fine on this side, try again or contact gt customer service, if the situation is the same.
thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cdor777: 7:36am On Sep 11, 2018
U1:

A couple replied indicating interest and asking for the price. I gave the low BIN. About a couple of hours later, I received a notification from Afternic that the name has been sold via their network. You know what that means - higher fees for nothing!

1. HOW DO I GET AFTERNIC SALES LANDER LINK. I LISTED MY DOMAIN NAME ON AFTERNIC BUT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE LINK TO THE
DOMAIN SALES PAGE

2. I HAVE LISTED MY DOMAIN NAME FOR SALE ON AFTERNIC. BUT WHEN I SEARCH FOR THAT DOMAIN NAME, IT DOESN'T SHOW UP

@iykepromotions
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 6660M0666: 8:20am On Sep 11, 2018
cdor777:

1. HOW DO I GET AFTERNIC SALES LANDER LINK. I LISTED MY DOMAIN NAME ON AFTERNIC BUT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE LINK TO THE
DOMAIN SALES PAGE

2. I HAVE LISTED MY DOMAIN NAME FOR SALE ON AFTERNIC. BUT WHEN I SEARCH FOR THAT DOMAIN NAME, IT DOESN'T SHOW UP

@iyke.promotions

1. I don't think Afternic has a sales lander page. They just 'park' your domains with adverts, and they do that automatically when you list your domains with them.
If you need a Sales Lander Page, list your domain names on Undeveloped.

2. This is due to the fact that the domain names you submitted for listing are still under review. The review may take a while.
You can check the status of your listed domain by going to 'listed domains' on your Afternic account. It'll show whether they're still 'in review' or 'listed'. Once they're listed, you'll be able to find them when you search for them.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2018
cdor777:

DOMAIN SALES PAGE

@iykepromotions

Ns3.afternic.com
NS4.afternic.com
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Seconsol92(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
I am a newbie. I registered this name productionscript dot com. Please gurus is this a good buy?

@iykepromotions @Farouksenior
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
cdor777:

DOMAIN SALES PAGE

@iykepromotions

1. Adverts plus an inquiry form if the domain name is for sale. To get this, simply change your name servers to afternic's after listing. Their name servers are;

NS1.AFTERNIC.COM and

NS2.AFTERNIC.COM

2. may be a trademarked domain name which they don't normally list or approve.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 12:50am On Sep 12, 2018
iykepromotions:

1. Adverts plus an inquiry form if the domain name is for sale. To get this, simply change your name servers to afternic's after listing. Their name servers are;

NS1.AFTERNIC.COM and

NS2.AFTERNIC.COM

2. may be a trademarked domain name which they don't normally list or approve.

Baba please eh as the king of geo domains, I have a question.
Is it good that if one is registering a geo domain, the name of the place comes at the end.
Example
If
Texas mortage is taken and
mortgagetexas.com is available, can I register the mortgagetexas.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kolad59: 4:16am On Sep 12, 2018
Between using web contact form or sending message through email, which one is good for outbouding?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2018
kolad59:
Between using web contact form or sending message through email, which one is good for outbouding?

Through email is preferable

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (3312) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.