Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? (10748 Views)

Does D Church Make Intending Couples Lie? / Wat Does D Bible Say Bout Women Who Wear Trousers / Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
@abuzola, LOOK AT THIS AND TELL ME WHO IS OLODO Alexander the Great as Dhul-Qarnayn
Main article: Alexander in the Qur'an

The story of Dhul-Qarnayn as described in the Qur'an follows very closely some passages of the Alexander Romance, a thoroughly embellished compilation of Alexander the Great's exploits from Hellenistic and early Christian sources which underwent numerous expansions and revisions throughout Antiquity and the Middle Ages. The Alexander Romance was enormously popular in the Hellenistic world, including Jewish communities, among which Alexander had practically gained the status of a folk hero.[3] Some adaptations containing all the elements of the Qur'anic account can be found in early Hellenistic documents, such as the Armenian recension of the Alexander Romance. Some of the elements of the story (an iron gate constructed by Alexander blocking the passage of Scythian tribes; identification of said Scythians with Gog and Magog) can already be found in Josephus[4][5] and in Saint Jerome, although in fragmented occurrences (see Alexander in the Qur'an for details). Furthermore, in many versions of the romance Alexander is actually addressed as "O Two-Horned Alexander".

For these reasons the widely accepted view is that the (indirect) model for Dhul Qarnayn is Alexander the Great. The majority of medieval Muslim scholars were happy to identify Dhul-Qarnayn as Alexander. However, some Muslim scholars have asserted that the medieval scholars were mistaken and that Dhul-Qarnayn cannot be Alexander, because Alexander the Great was not a monotheist, while Dhul-Qarnayn should be a God-worshipper and a just ruler, since the Qur'an has brought into prominence these characteristics more than anything else in the quoted passages. As against that, it could be argued that Alexander was a pupil of Aristotle, who was widely regarded in the Islamic tradition as a teacher of monotheism.
[edit] Cyrus the Great as Dhul Qarnayn
Main article: Cyrus the Great in the Qur'an

Some contemporary Muslim scholars, such as Maududi[citation needed] and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad[citation needed], have suggested that Dhul-Qarnayn is Cyrus the Great. This theory has been endorsed by Iranian scholars Allameh Tabatabaei (in his Tafsir al-Mizan), Allameh Tehrani [3] and Grand Ayatollah Makarim al-Shirazi (Bargozideh Tafseer-i Nemuneh, Vol 3, p69), and was refuted by Shapur Shahbazi.[6] Cyrus was also a follower of Zoroastrianism,[4] which was an early monotheistic faith like Judaism and predates monotheistic faiths Christianity and Islam.
[edit] Archaic Dhul-Qarnayn

Some early Islamic commentators stipulated that Dhul-Qarnayn must have been a contemporary of Abraham.[citation needed] Others postulated an Alexander who lived 2000 years before Alexander the Great [7].[citation needed]
[edit] Arab Dhul-Qarnayn

Two early Arabian kings were known as Dhul-Qarnayn: the northern Arabian king Al-Mundhir al-Akbar ibn Ma' as-Sama' (so called for his two curled locks), and the early South Arabian king Tubba' al-Aqran.[citation needed] South Arabian interpreters of the Qur'an argue that the Qur'anic Dhul-Qarnayn was their king Tubba'.[citation needed] Other supporters of the Yemeni Dhul-Qarnayn theory included (the Persian) Biruni in his Āthār al-bāqiyah (آثار الباقیه), Asma'i (اصمعی) in his Tarikh al-Arab ("History of Arab" تاریخ العرب), and Sirah of Ibn Hisham, among others.[citation needed]

Others have suggested that Dhul-Qarnayn could be the Egyptian pharaoh Narmer[citation needed], who unified northern and southern Egypt. Among supporters of the Arab Dhul-Qarnayn theory were Al-Maqrizi (المقریزی) in his book Al-Khitet (الخطط), and Allama Sayyed Habeddin al-Shahrestani (علامه سید هبه الدین الشهرستانی).[citation needed] How an Egyptian pharaoh's fervent polytheism may be reconciled with notions of Dhul-Quarnayn remains to be seen.
[edit] East Asian Indo-european speaking Dhul Qarnayn

The great wall of china could be a reference to the great barrier built by dhul qarnayn's army to block the invading tribes (traditionally called Mongolians, but also could've been another group with distance relationships with the xiongu, since the xiongu have attacked much later than the time when abraham was alive), above defending the Chinese people. The quran said the dhul quranayn's army could not understand a word between the people under suppression, this meant that the people who were attacked were most likely sino-tibetan people and dhul quarnayn could've been an indo-european speaker. In the alexandrian theory , the Armenian people are attacked , but it would not be true since being both indo-european, some very basic words could be understood, like the word "No" or "me". If it is true, then it would fully justify them not understanding a single word between each other. There have been cases of indo-european speakers found in china. There are tocharian people that were found in tarim basin, with manuscripts written in tocharian language, an indo-european language. Since some sources tell that dhul-qarnayn was with abraham then it could likely be that Tocharians are related to the Semetic people and since their present day possible descendants , the pashtun people have evidence of Jewish ancestry.Tarim mummies are most likely tocharians, essentially most of the mummies have cacausoid features with coloured hair, buried next to east Asian looking mummies. Other than Tocharian, his army could've been an Iranian colony of east Asia, because Iranians have been the other cacausoid people in east Asia other than tocharians. Since alexander the great was a pagan and had homosexuality , and Cyrus the great was a zorastrian, a religion claimed to be "ale-al-kitab" or "people of the book", Tocharians have an unknown religion, therefore leaving space to say dhul-qurnayn could've been a Muslim. The earliest dating of 1 tarim mummie named Beauty of lolan was old enough to have come from near the time when abraham could've been alive. Also noted that when the tarim mummies were dated, was the same year East Asian people have started to boost in technology.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2009
Only an insane man will comprehend ur gibberish.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
@abuzola,Tabari II:11 "Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks." Then after being told that "Noah slept with his genitals exposed," we learn: "Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African's color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks.OH my God RACIST IN ISLAM are you people blind ?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2009
@abuzola, all you are saying can't stop me okay i will continue to reveal it so many of you can reason it , then why are you running away huh ah ah ah ah ah ah aha ah.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2009
@all muslims , if this is wrong then read the quotation source ,Tabari IX:8/Ishaq:569 "We descended through a sloping valley at the twilight of daybreak. But the enemy had gotten there before us and we were waylaid by them in a narrow pass. They had collected themselves and they were fully prepared. By Allah, we were terrified! As we descended, their squadrons made their first assaults on us as if they were one man. Our people were routed and fled, no one turning to look back. Allah’s Apostle withdrew and cried, 'Where are you going? Come to me. I am Allah’s Apostle! I am Muhammad, son of Abdallah.' It was of no avail. The camels just bumped into one another as the Muslims ran away." Pathetic, isn't it? "Allah’s Apostle withdrew and cried, 'Where are you going? Come to me. I am Allah’s Apostle, WHY CAN'T YOU THINK A MAN WHO SPREAD HIS MESSAGE WITH WEAPON. DO YOU KNOW HOW ISLAM INVADE YOUR COUNTRY IS IT BY FORCE TO BELIEVE? THEN , SINCE YOUR ALLAH SAID THAT HELL IS FOR THE UNBELIEVER WHY CAN'T LEAVE THEM IF YOU TRY TO CONVINCE THEM BUT THEY REFUSED THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE BUT MISTER WANNABE PROPHET HIS OWN IS QUITE DIFFERENT ONLY ACCEPT WITH FORCE,THERE IS A SOMETHING BEHIND THAT. JUST KNOW HOW ISLAM CAME TO NIGERIA BY DAN FODIO.TELL ME IF IT'S TRUE RELIGION WITHOUT A POLITICAL GOAL.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2009
@allmuslims,Ishaq:571 "I went up to a man and struck off his hand, and he throttled me with the other. He would have killed me if the loss of blood had not weakened him. He fell, and I killed him while he was down. But I was too occupied with fighting to pay any more attention to him. So one of the Meccan Muslims passed by and stripped him. Then when the fighting was over and we had finished with the enemy, the Apostle said that anyone who had killed a foe could have his spoil. I told the Apostle that I had killed a man who was worth stripping but had been too busy killing others at the time to notice who had spoiled him.YOU SEE A PROPHET ROBBING PEOPLE KILLING ALL IN THE COURSE OF ALLAH , IS THAT PROPHET , IF THAT IT'S TRUE THAT MEANS ALLAH IS NOT A LIVING GOD but dummie
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2009
@all muslims, you are all funny, REASON THIS BETWEEN YOURSELVES .THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION-EARTH AND HEAVEN WHICH ONE IS HOLY ?SECOND QUESTION - WHY DO ALLAH COMMAND YOU NOT TO DRINK ON EARTH BUT A RIVER OF WINE IN HEAVEN , SO ALLAH PARADISE IS BEER PARLOR ? ANSWER THAT IF NOT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN THAT RELIGION.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2009
Mr jcross, stop using tabari tafsir for me, i strictly adhere to sunnah, it is either Quran or hadith and nothing more, tabari collection is tafsir, i can as well do my tafsir likewise other muslim,
hadith can either be Bukhari, muslim, Abu dawud, tirmdihi, Ahmad, muwatta malik, ibn majah and co, get it and stop disparaging ur dilusion
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by theseeker2: 11:25pm On Nov 07, 2009
jcross22:

@all muslims, you are all funny, REASON THIS BETWEEN YOURSELVES .THIS IS MY FIRST QUESTION-EARTH AND HEAVEN WHICH ONE IS HOLY ?SECOND QUESTION - WHY DO ALLAH COMMAND YOU NOT TO DRINK ON EARTH BUT A RIVER OF WINE IN HEAVEN , SO ALLAH PARADISE IS BEER PARLOR ? ANSWER THAT IF NOT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN THAT RELIGION.

go and ask your god jesus why he turned drums and drums of water to beer. And ever since beer has flowed like water in christiandom. Making drunkards of his over 1 billion followers. Such that even your popes are drunkards.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2009
smiley
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 12:07am On Nov 08, 2009
@the-seeker,answer what i ask you EARTH OR HEAVEN WHICH ONE IS ONLY ? THEN IS THAT YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO DRINK WINE ON EARTH BUT ALOTS OF BEER PARLOR AND BROTHEL IN ALLAH PARADISE HUH if jesus turn water to wine on earth did he promise them a beer parlor in heaven? OH I SEE THAT IT'S WHY ALL MUSLIMS ARE DIE IN THE COURSE OF ALLAH THAT WANT TO SEX 72 VIRGINS OH NA WA OOOOOH SUICIDER BOMBERS LOOK YOU ARE NOT A GOOD MUSLIMS A GOOD MUSLIMS KILL AND DIE IN THE COURSE OF ALLAH AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE 72 VIRGINS ARE MADE FOR , BUT FOR YOU, YOU WILL STAY AT THE DOOR GATE , JUST LIKE WATCH MAN.OKAY
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2009
@abuzola, so sonnah is not muslims , so you are denying that oh i see b,cos is revealing your life oh oh okay
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 12:17am On Nov 08, 2009
You are so miserable, you think you are smart by twisting what we said, right ? anyway you re invited to Islam the religion of salvation

'whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers' Quran 3:85
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 12:23am On Nov 08, 2009
@abuzola, please don't deceive yourself , a religion of do or die is not a religion okay that it's the truth of it.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 12:40am On Nov 08, 2009
In Islam there is no do or die so stop deceiving urself

'there is no compulsion in religion, verily the right path has become distinct from the wrong path.

Whoever disbelieves in other gods and believe in Allah then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break.

And Allah is All Hearer and All Knower'
Quran 2:256
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 1:36am On Nov 08, 2009
@abuzola, So you know what mohamad did in his time was extremely BAD forcing them to worship his god say no to his god and die , you know what he did was a crime against humanity now you are denying it . do you think no body know how usmam dan fodio invaded the fulanis during his time just in the course allah fighting in other book 72 virgins and a beer parlor ticket in allah paradise . where do you think usam dan fodio might be tonight up on all his genocide oh God . WELL I PRAY GOD SHOULD OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE WHAT YOU REALLY ARE AND WHAT THEY HAVE TAKING AWAY FROM YOU.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 1:50am On Nov 08, 2009
You are making me laugh, jihad has its due course and here it is a different scenario
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 3:01am On Nov 08, 2009
@abuzola, but it was mandated for you by your wannabe prophet, Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive no injurious hurt, and those who strive hard [Jihad], fighting in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and lives. Allah has granted a rank higher to those who strive hard [Jihad], fighting with their wealth and bodies to those who sit (at home). Unto each has Allah promised good, but He prefers those [Jihadists] who strive hard and fight above those [pacifists] who sit home. He has distinguished his fighters with a huge reward.okay this means?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2009
'in their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies (against Allah)' Quran 2:10
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Horus(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2009
This topic is suposed to be about the bible.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Abuzola(m): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2009
Even the christian acknowledge that their bible is a fraud thats why they gave up arguing and want to draw the Quran into the mud which is what we are defending, lol, too bad
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2009
@horus, why only bible , i think we have numerous religion on earth why is only christian is on your lips huh , tell me something is behind this .@abuzola , i showed you some funny and funny comics in your quiran now someone who do not have religion according what he/she claimed is now standing on bible why can't you ,horus, take a look to the religions generally than talking about only bible . It seems that you can't defend your religion that it's why you are hiding it well that it's good for you
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 11:26am On Nov 08, 2009
@abuzola, do you want me to expose more on your quiran NOW?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2009
@abuzola, why can't your allah retaliate on how they are killing his, her or it's slaves in these countries , iraq, iran, palestians, afghanistan or pakistan but like i have said is nothing but a stone what can't even move , please go and kiss the stone and tell me how its' taste okay.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Horus(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2009
jcross22:

@horus, why only bible , i think we have numerous religion on earth why is only christian is on your lips huh , tell me something is behind this .@abuzola , i showed you some funny and funny comics in your quiran now someone who do not have religion according what he/she claimed is now standing on bible why can't you ,horus, take a look to the religions generally than talking about only bible . It seems that you can't defend your religion that it's why you are hiding it well that it's good for you

The problem with you is that you post without reading any posts, I already tald you that I am Not Religious.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2009
@horus, then why do you fetch out only bible that means you are at the one side huh.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by Horus(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2009
jcross22:

@horus, then why do you fetch out only bible that means you are at the one side huh.

Because I just stay in the topic. The tittle of this thread is: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U?
At least I am not Off topic like you, I follow the rules of the forum.
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2009
@then why bible?
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by WHITE84(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2009
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U?
« #30 on: November 01, 2009, 01:36 AM »

The bible made sense to me until i turned about twelve and learned to think critically and ask honest questions. The answers i got were the same as for all the other fairy tales i was told as a child and i used to wonder why most adults were not able to see through it. Especially as it was forced upon us in our history and was used as a tool to justify slavery, genocide, racism and split up families.

In bible class i always felt sorry for the poor Phillistines, Egyptians, and all the other tribes who were tormented and murdered just because they had different religious beliefs.

The Bible claims that Jesus was a racist!   It also claims that Jesus was sent only to the Jews and not to Mankind! how can this africans not see it?

in Matthew 15:22-28, jesus says, he was only sent to the lost sheep of isreal, refusing to heal a poor sick palestinian girl because she was not a jew, then the girls mother knelt before jesus and said 'Lord, help me!' she said.  He [Jesus] replied 'It is not right to take the children's [Jews] bread [blessings and miracles reserved for them] and toss it to their dogs [the Canaanite, or the Philistines].' , now if that aint being racist i dont know what is lool

the bible also preaches HONOR KILLING
in Lev 21:9  And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

So note, if the priests daughter commits a bad sexual act, she is to be burned because of her fathers reputation, because it is against his honor. What will Christian say now?

[quote][/quote]
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by shewn007: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2009
Never would any one who is spiritualy guided to the right path (islamic monotheism) would know that the so called holy book (the bible) is nothing but a novel or like a story book, which is good 4 nothing than relaxition
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2009
@WHITE84, READ THIS, Tabari II:11 "Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks." Then after being told that "Noah slept with his genitals exposed," we learn: "Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African's color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks,THAT WAS FROM YOUR GREAT ISLAMIC SCHOLAR oh i see you are ABDUL
Re: Honestly, Does D Bible Make Sense 2 U? by jcross22: 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2009
@white84, IS THERE ANY PLACE IN THE BIBLE THAT YOU WILL FIND A PROPHET SPREADING HIS MESSAGE WITH A SWORDS HUH PLEASE SHOW ME AND I WILL WHO YOU WHERE YOUR MOHAMAD ROBBED THE ARABIANS OKAY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dangers Of Sleeping With Another Man’s Wife / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / ⚫⚫ Trinity... Bible Proves That Jesus Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.